Rapid Medical Response

Corp Phone Number: 801-717-1208
Corp Website: rapidmedicalresponse.com

Rapid Medical Response Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Rapid Medical Response Complaint

Is Rapid Medical Response a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Medical Services Directory Listing

Rapid Medical Response - At home and not able to breathe.

My device does not work. I needed the Emt’s and it didn’t work. Still does not work. I can’t reach your company by phone. What is the problem?

I noticed that your company has a C- rating with the BBB.

I should have checked there first.

If any more monthly payments are demanded before I hear from the company I’ll let the BBB know so your rating will be lowered even more.

Consumer Comments For Rapid Medical Response

• This company called my 84 year old mother with Alzheimers and sold her this service. When I attempted to return the information they were rude on the phone. I am attempting to contact them with the number provided on the billing and I cannot get through to them. This company is a "SHAM" beware and do not accept anything from them.

• This company sold my 83 yr. old mother with dementia one of these units. She has no idea what it is but they called her on the phone. We returned the contract back with cancelled marked on it. I have talked to customer service and asked for a return label so it can be returned. They told me that it had been activated and she had been using the service. I told them that was interesting since it wasn’t even at her house and was currently sitting on my desk in my house. They told me they were accessing her checking account to pay for it. I checked and that was not the case. This was in January and February. The customer sales person was very rude and hung up on me. It is now July and we have received no label for return, and once again she’s received a bill for services she is not receiving. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM. My next step is filing a complaint with the Bureau of Consumer Protection.

• My Dad has dementia and contacted Rapid Medical Response. He gave them his checking account. I have been calling their phone number a couple times and they are not answering their phone. 888-969-0887 and 888-755-6014
    This a is a SCAM! I am furious that they are taking advantage of the elderly! I have contacted my Dad’s bank and hopefully this a the last of hear about Rapid Medical Response. My Dad is out $160.00!!

• i oder the medical reponse unit and i was told that first they would mail the unit to then i shoild call to activate it then after all the prosses was done and thye unit was working tghen i would get charged 39.99 …. i did not recieved the unit and am already down 40.00 dollars
    i try called a888-969-0887- numb and they are always on the phone but they should have three extencion hhaaa yea right all three extencion are the same one ext 203 seame to be popular for this company sale rep ext, is 203 suport ext. is 203 and activation rep guesse what you guesse right ext. 203 and i ask how can this be three different departments same extencion ………………

• My name is Pearlie L. Harris, My daughter Nicole harris called for a return label o4/29/13 the person in charge of this was to call us right back and never did so today 04/30/13 I calls to talk to a person in charge but was not availible so I again left two messages for them to call me. If I don’t here from them today , I will be contacting Ruth to the rescue at our News paper. My device won’t hold a charge for three hours and when I test call the G P S has me some where I am not. I’ve read other complaints and this makes me feel unsafe.

• I WAS NEVER TOLD BY THE SALES REP THAT THE UNIT WAS WORTH $500.00 AND WHEN IT ARRIVED LO AND BEHOLD THERE IS A 2 PAGE CONTRACT THAT STATES IF THE UNIT BECOMES INOPERABLE YOU HAVE TO PAY THE COMPANY $500.00 FOR DAMAGING THEIR EQUIPMENT! PLUS THE $39.99 MONTHLY MONITORING FEE. WHEN MY UNIT ARRIVED I WAS DOWN SICK WITH FLU. AND SHINGLES AND THE MEDICATION BLURRED MY VISION SO I COULDN’T READ THE CONTRACT. WHEN I DIDN’T CALL TO ACTIVATE THE UNIT THE SALES REP CALLED TO FIND OUT IF I RECEIVED THE UNIT. I TOLD HIM THAT I DID BUT BECAUSE I HAD FLU GERMS I DIDN’T WANT TO OPEN IT OR CONTAMINATE IT. WHEN A NURSE CAME TO SEE ME SHE OPENED IT AND READ THE CONTRACT. WELL I DIDN’T WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SOMETHING THAT COST $500.00 SO I CALLED TO FIND OUT HOW TO RETURN IT. I WAS TOLD TO RETURN IT AT MY OWN EXPENSE AND TO BE SURE IT WAS INSURED FOR THE $500.00 AND I PAID TO HAVE IT TRACKED BY POST OFFICE. IT COST ME OVER $20.00 TO RETURN IT AND I PUT IT IN EXTRA PADDING TO ELIMINATE DAMAGE PACKED BETTER THAN THEY DID IN FED EX. I TRACKED IT ON THE USPS SYSTEM AND SAW IT ARRIVED 5 DAYS AFTER I SENT IT. IMAGINE MY SURPRISE TO SEE THE $39.99 " MONITORING FEE" CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD ON THE SAME DAY I TALKED TO THE REP. THIS IS FRAUD. THERE WAS NO ACTIVATION OF THE UNIT AND NO SIGNED CONTRACT. HOW CAN THEY CHARGE A FEE FOR A NON ACTIVATED UNIT. CALLING THEIR BILLING DEPT. GOT ME TWO HANG UPS. I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD AND FILED A DISPUTE AND GAVE THEM ALL THE INFORMATION. GLAD I USED CREDIT CARD AND NOT BANK ACCOUNT. MY NEXT MOVE IS THE UTAH ATTY. GENERALS OFFICE AND UTAH BBB.

• Rapid Medical Response sold a unit to my father, but then refunded the total amount when the unit was returned unused. It took several phone calls.

• My husband had a stroke recently. I don’t know how these people were able to know that but they did. They called 4 days after he was home from the hospital to send him a free device that he could wear so as to enable him to get help immediately. Naturally I wanted my husband to be safe and since he just came from the hospital I figured it was coming from some affiliate of the hospital. They then told me that they needed a credit card or check routing number and account number. It was to be $39.99 per month. I was told that the machine would arrive within a few days. I was then told to call in and a representative would instruct me on how to set it up. In the meantime they took the money immediately from my account. I waited and waited and no machine arrived. I just now got the machine! I tried to call them and was not able to use the number I had been given! I went to my bank and stopped payment on any future payments.
    Yesterday, I got a nasty letter from them telling me that I would be billed until the machine is returned! I NEVER ACCEPTED THE PACKAGE FROM FED EX!!!
    I would highly recommend that people be ware of this company.
    I am filing a complaint with the BBB and may get my attorney to set them straight. They need to be shut down!!!
    It is sad that there are so many crooks lurking on the other end of the phone lines! They take advantage of a family that has experienced a medical emergency.

• Just took a call from Rapid Response that was intended for my mother. It was hard to understand the sales pitch as they out source their telemarketing to the Philippians. I called and spoke with the Director of Sales, Alex and explained that my mother would never do business with a company that out sources their telemarketing/customer service, he did not care that he was sending American jobs over seas. I’m not surprised that people are being ripped off as they can not understand what is being pitched to them due to the heavy accents. Please note that if you get a sales call from someone with a heavy foreign accent, the person calling is not in the US as NO US company would hire someone with such a heavy accent to do their in house telemarketing (yet they don’t care what they sound like when they outsource)

• I feel it necessary to voice my opinion. I myself have done business with Rapid Medical and ordered a Medical Alert Unit that meets what i was told to expect 100%. The salesman helping me was a very very nice man. He was honest and helpful. Almost every complaint I have seen on here is a third party complaint. Someone complaining because there parent got ripped off. I believe you are only hearing one side of the story. Of course your parent is going to say these folks did this without there authorization. I know for a fact that these folks have to get a verbal recorded authorization to withdrawal the fund from clients accounts. As far as the outsourcing goes. This is just my opinion but almost all major corp. outsource. That doesnt stop you from going to Wal Mart does it. Wal mart is one of the very worst. At least Rapid Medical pays there employees fairly. The bigger the corparation the cheaper the product, the cheaper pay for employess, worse customer service. Rapid medical may outsource but they are helping a country who has very little oppurtunity for folks. You need to stop thinking about things as American or Mexican or Black, Brown or White. We are all human beings with the same basic needs.

• Thank you are right about Sandra, BUT this alert does not work in all cities and is being sold to senior citizens without all of the information given to them. When trying to return the non-working device, we only had an address and the phone number is disconnected. What do you think now??? Another scam on senior citizens. SHAME ON THEM!!!

• I am confused to. My mom 83 years old received a call from these people. When I talked with them and asked how they got my mothers number they said they trouble shoot certain areas. I’m trying to cancel and return this product but the number thry gave me just tells me the party at extension 203 is not available. How can I get this sent back and them to stop taking money out of her checking account. She’s on avery fixed income and can not afford this stupid thing. Can some one give me some help?

• I am sending mail with copy of signature page which contains no signature of a company representative. I am shutting down and packing the equipment for Rapid Response to pick up: and notifying my bank that no payment will be taken from my savings account by anyone except myself they had no permission to do sso , but used what I thought was my routing number to do so on two occasions. I am 76 yrs old and will not hesitate to use legal aide to pursue them.

• Ditto, here! My mother is in the early stages of Alzheimer’s and Rapid Medical Response talked her into a device to alert others if she has fallen or something. Well, lo and behold, Mom does not recall having agreed to anything, money is being deducted from her account, there was a blank contract, and I continue to request reimbursements. At this point, since 4 companies are taking money out of her account without known authorization, one to the tune of $595/mo abt 1/2 of her Soc’l Sec’y, I will be shutting down her checking account and opening a new one. Write your State’s Attorney Office as well to see if they can assist in stopping the abuse of elder citizens. Good luck to us all!

• Just got a call from a woman named Mary @ my job. This is the second day they keep calling. When I reverse the questions to them, i.e. name, number & company they hang up on me. The first call was very deceiving as if they were part of my health benefits, however I have no health benefits. They acted as if they were my friends and followed by pushing their blood meter and trying to get my healthcare info which I have no healthcare. lol I asked them who was my provider and they said they couldn’t tell me because of the HIPPO laws.

Jesus Christ, somebody put an end to these schmucks!

• Do you have a number I can call & cancel my order? After reading all these reports I do not want anything to do with these "Scammers." I am a call Friday & signed up & now I want to get this cancelled before it goes to the bank.
      Jean

Statesville, NC 28625

• The same thing happened to my mother that happened to Ms. Garrett’s mother. The phone call led my mother to believe that the company was associated with her current home health provider. Thinking that they were going to set up her financial account with the current life line she was using, she mistakenly gave them important financial information. They, in turn, sent her a box with a monitor in it and a contract for her to sign. My mother is 90 years old and like Ms. Garrett’s mother is trusting of who she is speaking to. She was confused, called the company, and never got any kind of direct answer. She was promised that they would call her back the next day with the reason that they had her name to call her in the first place. No call ever came. When her home health nurse came, she looked at the box, said it was not associated with their company and tried to phone Rapid Medical again for her. She was treated rudely, got the run around and was told that they would continue to take money out of her account as long as she had the equipment. AND…no, they would not send a return label for her to mail it back.

My mother promptly notified the bank and sent back the package at her own expense. I have written them a letter and if the three month’s fees are not returned to her I am reporting it to the media. This company is a scam and needs to be investigated. No money should ever have left her bank account…no service was provided, the equipment was not activated and and they have no signed contract.

• my unit has not worked since june 22 2012. It would continually beep,after a check on the system. Upon trying to reach rapid medical i was told i had to wait for you to send me some sought of paperwork,which as of todays date july 10, 2012 and being given several wrong numbers to the canncellation unit and a weekly call for payment has not been received. As a senior citizen i pray your family and friends do not have to be harassed by you who could care less about your product or reputation.