LabCorp Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers SnapShot

Corp Phone Number: 800-845-6167
Company Contact: Mark E. Brecher, MD - Chief Medical Officer

LabCorp Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest LabCorp Complaint

Is LabCorp a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Medical Services Directory ListingLaboratory Corporation of America Listing

Horrible Place to Be

If you’ve never 1. Been to a third world country; 2. Experienced universal healthcare such as Canada or the U.K., you must visit the folks at LabCorp in Coral Springs FL.

Office at the end of a long narrow hallway. Easy to find because there is a cheaply photocopied company logo in Saran Wrap taped to door (classy).

There were 22 chairs in office waiting room where approximately 30 wait. No air conditioning. One apathetic receptionist with a hickey on her neck sits at one tiny window. She’s obviously been serviced faster than we have!

Staff obviously don’t want to be here anymore than any of the 30 do.

Welcome to the state of modern laboratory test facilities.

25 Most Recent LabCorp Complaints

Consumer Comments For LabCorp

• I have never had a pleasant experience with this company. I just looked at their employment page and they DO require a high school diploma. They must not monitor their employees after they are hired is probably a pretty good assumption. I have walked into the office in Flagstaff, Arizona by the hospital several times to find nobody there, or the door locked during business hours without a courtesy note to let busy people know what’s going on. Aside from their poor patient interaction skills and their superiority over other people time and health resolutions, their corporate office is just as bad.

It is my true opinion, based on dealing with them several times over the years, that patient well being is very low on their list of priorities. This is a very opportunist, American, corporate company, who are just as dirty and underhanded as the pharmaceutical companies that run this country. They get rich from our misfortune and misinformation. Their priorities lie in dollar signs; period. I have been sick for about a year now, and I have racked up some serious medical expenses at several different medical facilities. ALL of these companies are willing to work with me if I can’t pay on time from time to time. They ALL have a phone number where a human being can be reached in a timely manner, or a message machine where you can leave your number and be called back. Lab Corps, on the other hand, make it as difficult for you as possible to reach them. There IS no option to speak to an operator. If you press “0”, it will simply loop you back through. You have to not press anything to be connected to a human, that will answer promptly in about ten minutes. Once there, you are confronted by a bill collector, not a receptionist like a real professional company, but a straight up BILL COLLECTOR, even if your bill is not in default. This person is not concerned with your hardships, bad health, or any such valid reason for your inability to comply with the VERY precise payment plan. They simply tell you that you broke a promise, like you’re a dog that s**t on the floor. I was 2 days late, and sent in a DOUBLE PAYMENT that covered the next payment, but that was a broken promise? I have never been treated so badly by a healthcare provider, which is what they are posing as. The conclusion to this problem, for ALL of us, would be to take matters into our own hands. This is like getting a toe nail in your milk shake. You wouldn’t eat there again, right? There are other labs that are much more professional. I suggest that you request them anytime you have a lab sent off. Look up what is in your area before hand. Anytime you get blood drawn, they have to send it somewhere. Do your homework. This company will ruin your credit score ON TOP of your already bad string of health luck just to turn a dime. Talk about kicking someone when they’re down.

• I am appalled by this company. Really terrible billing. I have received four bills now for lab work which I paid for in full, in advance, at the doctor’s office. Hugely, scandalously inflated prices for routine tests. When the doctor’s billing agent contacted them, they still didn’t get it right the first time. The doctor’s billing agent is also exasperated and sees this go on all the time. I can’t imagine what it would be like if you had a person other than the patient paying, who doesn’t actually know that it has already been paid for, or a person overwhelmed with many bills. I can’t believe they are getting away with this. Goodness only knows what goes on when the bills are submitted to Medicare or insurance. This smells like a deliberate scam to me. If you are a customer, request your lab work get done at a different outfit. If you are a doctor, please take care of your patients by going elsewhere.

• I just want to point out the horrific behavior my children
    received at LabCorp in Clinton MD on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.

I went there to have my children’s blood drawn, aged 6 and
    5. The women at the front desk were pleasant and professional.

The woman (older, long black braided hair), was absolutely abhorrant
    in her treatment of my children.

She drew my daughters blood first. She was rude, rough and
    behaved as if this were a huge inconvenience for her.

My son was crying, he is 5. He was nervous. She said “I am
    not doing his, wait outside.”

Then a few minutes later she comes into the waiting room and
    says: “get in here and let’s get this over with so I can leave.”
    My son gets in the chair (he is not fighting at all, etc.),
    she yells at him and point her finger at him to “get it together, and don’t you
    dare kick me!”

She was extremely rough and abrasive with him, and my

When she is done, she swats at him and tells him to “get out of here.”

She also swatted, my daughter uses the word slapped, at my
    daughter for her to make a fist.

I am still trying to process this information and all that

• I mail my payment in on 3/8/14/ when I call they have not receive because address has change from 2230 to 2240 I think I put the wrong acct number because I was told to mail it before I got my statement .I don.t know what going on put it going to be late with the payment it is not my fault.

• LabCorp in Van Nuys is horrible! The staff are rude, inconsiderate and poorly trained. Not to mention a total disgusting, UN-hygenic mess which wouldn’t pass as a second grade veterinary clinic, let alone a medical lab.! They wasted 2hours out of my day after i had spent 30 minutes on the phone with an idiot appointment setter. I would highly recommend you take your business elsewhere and not waste your time with this disgraceful, poor excuse for a lab.

• I have been going to Lab Corp for years and it seems that they have been sending me some parts of bills to the "wrong" address they took down from my doctor. I got an email from a collection agency and when I called to speak with Lab Corp about this, after paying it, I asked why it is my fault if I didn’t know that there was a bill and they were sending them to the wrong address and they said they could not answer that and that it was basically my problem.

• I an just appalled at their costs. Routine physical blood work costs .received a statement today and it was
    $1,133.00 !!!! I am in the wrong business

• LabCorp has a totally incompetent billing department. For 6 Months they have screwed up submitting my lab test costs to my insurance company. I have talked to them at least once a month, faxed my bill from LabCorp, along with the Explanation of Benefits from my insurance company, and they still can’t get it right. Initially they billed the wrong insurance company, that was the first month, then once they got the right insurance company, they still can’t get it done right. They are pathetic. I have ongoing laboratory needs and I will never go to LabCorp again.

• I live in a fairly affluent area of San Diego and was asked by my doc to get a number of tests one at the Rancho Bernardo office. My doc got the tests and I got a subsequent invoice asking for cash inasmuch as Medicare had turned the tests and charges down. Apparently Labcorp does not like to deal with Medicare because Labcorp never submitted to them. Labcorp submitted my Medicare B card and because Labcorp did not submitt my A card to Medicare the charges were turned down. It’s a scam with Labcorp believing they can get away from billing Medicare properly by saying that Medicare had turned the tests and charges down. Next step for me is State Attorney office and complaints to BBB and Medicare.