LabCorp Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Mark E. Brecher, MD - Chief Medical Officer
Corp Website: LabCorp.com

LabCorp Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest LabCorp Complaint

Is LabCorp a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Medical Services Directory ListingLaboratory Corporation of America Listing

They took more than blood

Back in August, Lab corp issued a new policy that you needed to sign a form when you had your co pay deducted. A totally new policy. I was never told that it would allow Lab Corp to deduct $ at a later time.

2 months later I saw an ACH for $4.97 from Lab Corp deducted from my account. I never authorized it. I was told that by signing that release I was allowing them to take the $ from my account. I was never told that at the time I signed the form. They said that my insurance didn’t cover the $4.97 so therefore they were justified to take it out of my account. Why wouldn’t they send me a bill? What if I had $3 in my account and than my account was overdrawn and I had to pay $35 in addition.

This is a total scam from Lab Corp. I will never sign anything again unless I am told exactly what it is fore and make themgive that to me in writing. I will never patronize Lab Corp again if at all possible. It may be only $4.97 but it is my $4.97. Whoever heard of such a thing where medical companies can just go into your checking account and deduct $ from it and you are never even told that this is happening until you look at your account balance.

SHAME ON YOU LAB CORP. I am sure you will be rich after charging 5,000,000 other people $4.9

LabCorp – 531 S Spring St Burlington NC 27215

Search For More LabCorp ComplaintsFile a Complaint About LabCorp

Consumer Comments For LabCorp

• I mail my payment in on 3/8/14/ when I call they have not receive because address has change from 2230 to 2240 I think I put the wrong acct number because I was told to mail it before I got my statement .I don.t know what going on put it going to be late with the payment it is not my fault.

• LabCorp in Van Nuys is horrible! The staff are rude, inconsiderate and poorly trained. Not to mention a total disgusting, UN-hygenic mess which wouldn’t pass as a second grade veterinary clinic, let alone a medical lab.! They wasted 2hours out of my day after i had spent 30 minutes on the phone with an idiot appointment setter. I would highly recommend you take your business elsewhere and not waste your time with this disgraceful, poor excuse for a lab.

• I have been going to Lab Corp for years and it seems that they have been sending me some parts of bills to the "wrong" address they took down from my doctor. I got an email from a collection agency and when I called to speak with Lab Corp about this, after paying it, I asked why it is my fault if I didn’t know that there was a bill and they were sending them to the wrong address and they said they could not answer that and that it was basically my problem.

• I an just appalled at their costs. Routine physical blood work costs .received a statement today and it was
    $1,133.00 !!!! I am in the wrong business

• LabCorp has a totally incompetent billing department. For 6 Months they have screwed up submitting my lab test costs to my insurance company. I have talked to them at least once a month, faxed my bill from LabCorp, along with the Explanation of Benefits from my insurance company, and they still can’t get it right. Initially they billed the wrong insurance company, that was the first month, then once they got the right insurance company, they still can’t get it done right. They are pathetic. I have ongoing laboratory needs and I will never go to LabCorp again.

• I live in a fairly affluent area of San Diego and was asked by my doc to get a number of tests one at the Rancho Bernardo office. My doc got the tests and I got a subsequent invoice asking for cash inasmuch as Medicare had turned the tests and charges down. Apparently Labcorp does not like to deal with Medicare because Labcorp never submitted to them. Labcorp submitted my Medicare B card and because Labcorp did not submitt my A card to Medicare the charges were turned down. It’s a scam with Labcorp believing they can get away from billing Medicare properly by saying that Medicare had turned the tests and charges down. Next step for me is State Attorney office and complaints to BBB and Medicare.