LabCorp Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers SnapShot

Corp Phone Number: 800-845-6167
Company Contact: Mark E. Brecher, MD - Chief Medical Officer

LabCorp Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest LabCorp Complaint

Is LabCorp a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Medical Services Directory ListingLaboratory Corporation of America Listing

September 4, 2015 Friday Lab Corp Pt Arthur Texas Service Center I went to Lab Corp early in the morning so I could get in line by 7:00 am. because I was fasting for my blood work. There were 7 or 8 people in line already and Courtney(employee) didn’t show up until 7:05 am.

She went and unlocked the door and everyone went in an orderly fashion. Everyone signed in and sat down. Then she started calling people to the front desk to check their information and told everybody to sit and she would be right with them. She was very short with people. She was the only employee at this time. I gave her my doctors slip and I gave her my insurance card and my husband’s employee number.

I took my seat and started looking at my phone and was listening to 3 older women talking about getting blood drawn and one lady was saying that her husband died 10 years ago. They were just sitting and visiting among themselves. I didn’t talk to anyone, I might have smiled at some of the patients. Courtney was calling people back and then 2 gentleman came in and stood at the counter for quite a while. I am not sure if she told them that she would right with them or not.

Courtney called me back and I sat in the draw chair and I was getting about 4 tests run and she inserted the needle in my right arm in the bend of my elbow and I swear that the needle went to my elbow bone. I didn’t scream or say anything but it hurt so bad!

When Courtney got through I told her thank you..After I left, I was crying walking to my car because the pain was excruiating. This is Monday Sept 8th 2015 and I still can’t stretch my arm out. I think she hit a nerve or a tendon in my arm. It feels like I have tennis elbow now.

I am not the type of person to complain about companies but I had to this time. I worked for Lab Corp for 5 years. Lab Corp is a great company but I don’t know what happened. My husband works for Lab Corp and I don’t know if this was the problem or not.

This is not the first time Courtney did this to me.Time before this I had a huge knot where she drew blood but she thankfully didn’t hit a nerve.That knot was black and blue and lasted for about a month. But I didn’t complain at that time.

I will NEVER let Courtney stick me ever again. It will ONLY be Erica who is a very nice and friendly lady.

LAB CORP – 2501 Jimmy Johnson Blvd St 209 Pt Arthur TX 77640 United States
| 409-729-2588

25 Most Recent LabCorp Complaints

Consumer Comments For LabCorp

• I have never had a pleasant experience with this company. I just looked at their employment page and they DO require a high school diploma. They must not monitor their employees after they are hired is probably a pretty good assumption. I have walked into the office in Flagstaff, Arizona by the hospital several times to find nobody there, or the door locked during business hours without a courtesy note to let busy people know what’s going on. Aside from their poor patient interaction skills and their superiority over other people time and health resolutions, their corporate office is just as bad.

It is my true opinion, based on dealing with them several times over the years, that patient well being is very low on their list of priorities. This is a very opportunist, American, corporate company, who are just as dirty and underhanded as the pharmaceutical companies that run this country. They get rich from our misfortune and misinformation. Their priorities lie in dollar signs; period. I have been sick for about a year now, and I have racked up some serious medical expenses at several different medical facilities. ALL of these companies are willing to work with me if I can’t pay on time from time to time. They ALL have a phone number where a human being can be reached in a timely manner, or a message machine where you can leave your number and be called back. Lab Corps, on the other hand, make it as difficult for you as possible to reach them. There IS no option to speak to an operator. If you press “0”, it will simply loop you back through. You have to not press anything to be connected to a human, that will answer promptly in about ten minutes. Once there, you are confronted by a bill collector, not a receptionist like a real professional company, but a straight up BILL COLLECTOR, even if your bill is not in default. This person is not concerned with your hardships, bad health, or any such valid reason for your inability to comply with the VERY precise payment plan. They simply tell you that you broke a promise, like you’re a dog that s**t on the floor. I was 2 days late, and sent in a DOUBLE PAYMENT that covered the next payment, but that was a broken promise? I have never been treated so badly by a healthcare provider, which is what they are posing as. The conclusion to this problem, for ALL of us, would be to take matters into our own hands. This is like getting a toe nail in your milk shake. You wouldn’t eat there again, right? There are other labs that are much more professional. I suggest that you request them anytime you have a lab sent off. Look up what is in your area before hand. Anytime you get blood drawn, they have to send it somewhere. Do your homework. This company will ruin your credit score ON TOP of your already bad string of health luck just to turn a dime. Talk about kicking someone when they’re down.

• I am appalled by this company. Really terrible billing. I have received four bills now for lab work which I paid for in full, in advance, at the doctor’s office. Hugely, scandalously inflated prices for routine tests. When the doctor’s billing agent contacted them, they still didn’t get it right the first time. The doctor’s billing agent is also exasperated and sees this go on all the time. I can’t imagine what it would be like if you had a person other than the patient paying, who doesn’t actually know that it has already been paid for, or a person overwhelmed with many bills. I can’t believe they are getting away with this. Goodness only knows what goes on when the bills are submitted to Medicare or insurance. This smells like a deliberate scam to me. If you are a customer, request your lab work get done at a different outfit. If you are a doctor, please take care of your patients by going elsewhere.

• I just want to point out the horrific behavior my children
    received at LabCorp in Clinton MD on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.

I went there to have my children’s blood drawn, aged 6 and
    5. The women at the front desk were pleasant and professional.

The woman (older, long black braided hair), was absolutely abhorrant
    in her treatment of my children.

She drew my daughters blood first. She was rude, rough and
    behaved as if this were a huge inconvenience for her.

My son was crying, he is 5. He was nervous. She said “I am
    not doing his, wait outside.”

Then a few minutes later she comes into the waiting room and
    says: “get in here and let’s get this over with so I can leave.”
    My son gets in the chair (he is not fighting at all, etc.),
    she yells at him and point her finger at him to “get it together, and don’t you
    dare kick me!”

She was extremely rough and abrasive with him, and my

When she is done, she swats at him and tells him to “get out of here.”

She also swatted, my daughter uses the word slapped, at my
    daughter for her to make a fist.

I am still trying to process this information and all that

• I mail my payment in on 3/8/14/ when I call they have not receive because address has change from 2230 to 2240 I think I put the wrong acct number because I was told to mail it before I got my statement .I don.t know what going on put it going to be late with the payment it is not my fault.

• LabCorp in Van Nuys is horrible! The staff are rude, inconsiderate and poorly trained. Not to mention a total disgusting, UN-hygenic mess which wouldn’t pass as a second grade veterinary clinic, let alone a medical lab.! They wasted 2hours out of my day after i had spent 30 minutes on the phone with an idiot appointment setter. I would highly recommend you take your business elsewhere and not waste your time with this disgraceful, poor excuse for a lab.

• I have been going to Lab Corp for years and it seems that they have been sending me some parts of bills to the "wrong" address they took down from my doctor. I got an email from a collection agency and when I called to speak with Lab Corp about this, after paying it, I asked why it is my fault if I didn’t know that there was a bill and they were sending them to the wrong address and they said they could not answer that and that it was basically my problem.

• I an just appalled at their costs. Routine physical blood work costs .received a statement today and it was
    $1,133.00 !!!! I am in the wrong business

• LabCorp has a totally incompetent billing department. For 6 Months they have screwed up submitting my lab test costs to my insurance company. I have talked to them at least once a month, faxed my bill from LabCorp, along with the Explanation of Benefits from my insurance company, and they still can’t get it right. Initially they billed the wrong insurance company, that was the first month, then once they got the right insurance company, they still can’t get it done right. They are pathetic. I have ongoing laboratory needs and I will never go to LabCorp again.

• I live in a fairly affluent area of San Diego and was asked by my doc to get a number of tests one at the Rancho Bernardo office. My doc got the tests and I got a subsequent invoice asking for cash inasmuch as Medicare had turned the tests and charges down. Apparently Labcorp does not like to deal with Medicare because Labcorp never submitted to them. Labcorp submitted my Medicare B card and because Labcorp did not submitt my A card to Medicare the charges were turned down. It’s a scam with Labcorp believing they can get away from billing Medicare properly by saying that Medicare had turned the tests and charges down. Next step for me is State Attorney office and complaints to BBB and Medicare.