LabCorp Complaints & Reviews

LabCorp Ratings

LabCorp Reports

Most Recent LabCorp Complaint

Is LabCorp a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Medical Services Directory ListingLaboratory Corporation of America Listing

If you want to wait, be hurt, and get no results, then go to Lab Corp!

The woman at the Lab Corp front desk was incompetent and could not read the doctor’s address and phone number as printed in large, bold letters on the doctor’s script. She kept asking me for this information, and I kept telling her to look at the top of the script. Finally I took my pen and placed the point directly on the printed information. She also said I would have to pay for the lab test although that wasn’t true.

I have two different types of medical insurance which cover everything. She had no idea what she was talking about. Then the Lab tech couldn’t find a vein and hurt my arm poking around when veins were prominent and easily accessible. I have had a huge bruise for over 2 weeks. No one has ever had a problem taking blood from me before including several months ago at a different lab company.

Finally, NO test results were FAXED to my doctor as I requested and as were printed in large print on the script although 2 1/2 weeks have gone by. In addition, I logged into the Lab Corp Patient Test Result site and was told there are NO test results available.  I am thoroughly disgusted with the poor service and incompetence shown by Lab Corp employees.

I am going to contact my insurance companies and tell them not to pay because no results have been received or are showing in Lab Corp’s system.

Most Recent LabCorp Reviews

Consumer Comments For LabCorp

• Michaela Fisk

I went to my local labcorp to receive lab work via my physician and was told upon arrival I needed to give a credit card capture in order to receive services. I have private health insurance, and an HSA that covers my labs. I however needed the labs done so I gave the woman my credit card information after she assured me if I called the billing department that day and told them I preferred a paper bill they wouldn’t charge my card. I called as soon as I got home and a woman in the billing department informed me that I shouldn’t have given a credit card capture and that there was nothing she could do for me until I received a bill but my card would not be charged until i received my bill and to call back when my bill came in the mail which would probably be a week. I waited a week and still no bill arrived, on Wednesday June 15th my bank informed me my account was overdrawn. Labcorp had filled charges on my account, after I was told twice they wouldn’t and I still hadn’t received a bill. I immediately called and after speaking to several rude representatives I discovered my insurance company had already paid the bills in full and I owed nothing. This is not the first time this has happened and exactly why I do not like giving out my bank account information but not getting the labs drawn wasnt an option. After doing some research I’ve seen I am not the only person this horrible company has done this to. Repeatedly Ive seen people, like me, who have been told they HAVE to give a card capture to receive services only to turn around and have their insurance pay labcorp and their cards be charged anyway. Labcorp has created a monopoly in our area and going to another lab isn’t an option or I would already be doing that.

• Jose Ruiz

I went to Lab Corp in Brooklyn for blood test. This was my first time. I got there around 9 am, fasting. The office was very clean, even the restrooms. But there was only one person doing all the work. The phlebotomist was very nice and I have no complaint about her. But how can they justify only having one person on duty? At least have one person at the front desk to handle the insurance crap.

• Shamim

Went to Labcorp at tucker GA They were the most rude ppl I have ever seen The girl at the reception made my 9 year old stay outside of the office She didn’t care to explain me why kids could not wait in the waiting area I did not see them giving smile to ppl to talking nice to them

• Lisa Quota

I have never had a pleasant experience with this company. I just looked at their employment page and they DO require a high school diploma. They must not monitor their employees after they are hired is probably a pretty good assumption. I have walked into the office in Flagstaff, Arizona by the hospital several times to find nobody there, or the door locked during business hours without a courtesy note to let busy people know what’s going on. Aside from their poor patient interaction skills and their superiority over other people time and health resolutions, their corporate office is just as bad.

It is my true opinion, based on dealing with them several times over the years, that patient well being is very low on their list of priorities. This is a very opportunist, American, corporate company, who are just as dirty and underhanded as the pharmaceutical companies that run this country. They get rich from our misfortune and misinformation. Their priorities lie in dollar signs; period. I have been sick for about a year now, and I have racked up some serious medical expenses at several different medical facilities. ALL of these companies are willing to work with me if I can’t pay on time from time to time. They ALL have a phone number where a human being can be reached in a timely manner, or a message machine where you can leave your number and be called back. Lab Corps, on the other hand, make it as difficult for you as possible to reach them. There IS no option to speak to an operator. If you press “0”, it will simply loop you back through. You have to not press anything to be connected to a human, that will answer promptly in about ten minutes. Once there, you are confronted by a bill collector, not a receptionist like a real professional company, but a straight up BILL COLLECTOR, even if your bill is not in default. This person is not concerned with your hardships, bad health, or any such valid reason for your inability to comply with the VERY precise payment plan. They simply tell you that you broke a promise, like you’re a dog that s**t on the floor. I was 2 days late, and sent in a DOUBLE PAYMENT that covered the next payment, but that was a broken promise? I have never been treated so badly by a healthcare provider, which is what they are posing as. The conclusion to this problem, for ALL of us, would be to take matters into our own hands. This is like getting a toe nail in your milk shake. You wouldn’t eat there again, right? There are other labs that are much more professional. I suggest that you request them anytime you have a lab sent off. Look up what is in your area before hand. Anytime you get blood drawn, they have to send it somewhere. Do your homework. This company will ruin your credit score ON TOP of your already bad string of health luck just to turn a dime. Talk about kicking someone when they’re down.

• jacqueline

I am appalled by this company. Really terrible billing. I have received four bills now for lab work which I paid for in full, in advance, at the doctor’s office. Hugely, scandalously inflated prices for routine tests. When the doctor’s billing agent contacted them, they still didn’t get it right the first time. The doctor’s billing agent is also exasperated and sees this go on all the time. I can’t imagine what it would be like if you had a person other than the patient paying, who doesn’t actually know that it has already been paid for, or a person overwhelmed with many bills. I can’t believe they are getting away with this. Goodness only knows what goes on when the bills are submitted to Medicare or insurance. This smells like a deliberate scam to me. If you are a customer, request your lab work get done at a different outfit. If you are a doctor, please take care of your patients by going elsewhere.

• Kellyt

I just want to point out the horrific behavior my children
    received at LabCorp in Clinton MD on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.

I went there to have my children’s blood drawn, aged 6 and
    5. The women at the front desk were pleasant and professional.

The woman (older, long black braided hair), was absolutely abhorrant
    in her treatment of my children.

She drew my daughters blood first. She was rude, rough and
    behaved as if this were a huge inconvenience for her.

My son was crying, he is 5. He was nervous. She said “I am
    not doing his, wait outside.”

Then a few minutes later she comes into the waiting room and
    says: “get in here and let’s get this over with so I can leave.”
    My son gets in the chair (he is not fighting at all, etc.),
    she yells at him and point her finger at him to “get it together, and don’t you
    dare kick me!”

She was extremely rough and abrasive with him, and my
    daughter.

When she is done, she swats at him and tells him to “get out of here.”

She also swatted, my daughter uses the word slapped, at my
    daughter for her to make a fist.

I am still trying to process this information and all that
    transpired.

• Peggy yerby

I mail my payment in on 3/8/14/ when I call they have not receive because address has change from 2230 to 2240 I think I put the wrong acct number because I was told to mail it before I got my statement .I don.t know what going on put it going to be late with the payment it is not my fault.

• Ang

LabCorp in Van Nuys is horrible! The staff are rude, inconsiderate and poorly trained. Not to mention a total disgusting, UN-hygenic mess which wouldn’t pass as a second grade veterinary clinic, let alone a medical lab.! They wasted 2hours out of my day after i had spent 30 minutes on the phone with an idiot appointment setter. I would highly recommend you take your business elsewhere and not waste your time with this disgraceful, poor excuse for a lab.

• Randy

I have been going to Lab Corp for years and it seems that they have been sending me some parts of bills to the "wrong" address they took down from my doctor. I got an email from a collection agency and when I called to speak with Lab Corp about this, after paying it, I asked why it is my fault if I didn’t know that there was a bill and they were sending them to the wrong address and they said they could not answer that and that it was basically my problem.

• james

I an just appalled at their costs. Routine physical blood work costs .received a statement today and it was
    $1,133.00 !!!! I am in the wrong business

• Nancy Edwards

LabCorp has a totally incompetent billing department. For 6 Months they have screwed up submitting my lab test costs to my insurance company. I have talked to them at least once a month, faxed my bill from LabCorp, along with the Explanation of Benefits from my insurance company, and they still can’t get it right. Initially they billed the wrong insurance company, that was the first month, then once they got the right insurance company, they still can’t get it done right. They are pathetic. I have ongoing laboratory needs and I will never go to LabCorp again.

• John Anderson

I live in a fairly affluent area of San Diego and was asked by my doc to get a number of tests one at the Rancho Bernardo office. My doc got the tests and I got a subsequent invoice asking for cash inasmuch as Medicare had turned the tests and charges down. Apparently Labcorp does not like to deal with Medicare because Labcorp never submitted to them. Labcorp submitted my Medicare B card and because Labcorp did not submitt my A card to Medicare the charges were turned down. It’s a scam with Labcorp believing they can get away from billing Medicare properly by saying that Medicare had turned the tests and charges down. Next step for me is State Attorney office and complaints to BBB and Medicare.

• Just a customer

I also live in San Diego. They forwarded my routine labs to North Carolina and charged me $1500. After months of calls they claimed my Blue Cross PPO rejected the claim and I have to pay the bill. Blue Cross confirmed they were working on it but they were not sure why the labs were sent to North Carolina from San Diego. Apparently this a scam used by Lap Corp to get cash from citizen. After 6 months of working with Blue Cross and Lab Corp the bill was paid. This is after Lab Corp threatened me with collections three times. I received my EOB from Blue cross that they paid $121 for the bill and I owed $11. But Lab Corp billed me again for $121 which made no sense. I called Lab Corp and they said it was their mistake and I was responsible for $58. At this point armed with EOB in my hands, very upset, I told them they are committing fraud. Immediately the agent put me on hold and returned with the correct amount owed-$11. This is fraud. This is cheating our community and it has to be exposed. Please be very careful with your bills sent by LabCorp. Report this Fraud.