Hoveround Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Tom Kruse - Founder and President
Corp Website: hoveround.com

Hoveround Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Hoveround Complaint

Is Hoveround a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Medical Services Directory ListingHoveround Corporation ListingResponse From Company

Stuck at home

Amputee with no way to get around, have called the service center and medicare as they took money for my father and then got payments from medicare, we now have a useless chair and now dad is not eligible for a chair from medicare, because hoveround lied.

At the present, dad is unable to meet doctors appointments, family outings and sitting on the porch. The wheelchair is now taking up space in our home doing nothing, we are still unable to get our money or a replacement chair.

This chair was a life saving for my dad, this is all that he had to continue mobility. Hoveround sucks and has no concern for the elderly and disabled

Official Responses from Hoveround

By: Bret Hines On: February 22, 2013

The fact you ran over the ELR tells me you dont really give a crap, there is no suspension on the chair and you must be pushing the chair to perform outside it,s capacity “every nut and bolt came loose”. The batteries are deep cycle and require long slow and low amp charges, no short charges and rough terrain will tear up SLA batteries you will need GELmat batteries but the medicare fee schedule does not allow for them. Most standard powerchairs are built for indoor use The chargers are delicate and should be used with a surge protecter and never used to charge batteries with voltage below 16 v total. Again even if the charge indicator says full charge the charger needs to be plugged in for 4-6 hours. NO SHORT CHARGES. Again it sounds like you are abusive to your equipment. Treat and maintain it like expensive fine tuned equipmnt and not like an old pair of tennis shoes and you will have a much better experience. If you use the chair outside you will have to clean and maintain it. Medicare does NOT pay for cleaning or stickandstem removal, you will have to payfor that, we charge $85 to clean chairs and more if roaches, other insects or vermin are present

25 Most Recent Hoveround Complaints

More About Hoveround

Hoveround Personal Mobility Vehicles specializes in manufacturing and distributing "mobility solutions" for those in need of personal transportation solutions. Hoveround Corporation primarily makes electric scooters and power wheelchairs. In addition to motorized mobility solutions, Hoveround offers corresponding ramps, lifts (Hoverlift) and related mobility accessories.

Consumer Comments For Hoveround

• Ian sorry to hear what their doing to you. I have a scooter that has roared me out a few times and no one will help get better front tip wheels. I was told I have to pay. I told them I live on a small fixed income $600.00
    Can’t afford to buy the wheels so I hope I don’t break my DAM NECK NEXT TIME. THANK YOU.