Hoveround Reviews and Consumer Complaints

Company Contact: Tom Kruse - Founder and President
Corp Website: hoveround.com

Hoveround Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Hoveround Complaint

Is Hoveround a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Medical Services Directory ListingHoveround Corporation ListingResponse From Company

Won't fix it, unless you pay three times the cost of the parts.

Purchased a second hand Hoveround chair, it needs a circuit board that cost $60, Hoveround will not sell the card to me or fix the card with out their technician coming to my home to install it for $120 and hour.

They said it could take him a couple of hours to install the card. I can not bring the chair to anyone in the area, and they will not fix the card and return it.

This is a ripoff! I am disgusted with Hoveround support. The first few calls they would not connect me to a technician to help, I asked several times for them to let me know how to get the chair fixed.

They hung up on me twice. Rude people skills.

Official Responses from Hoveround

By: Bret Hines On: February 22, 2013

The fact you ran over the ELR tells me you dont really give a crap, there is no suspension on the chair and you must be pushing the chair to perform outside it,s capacity “every nut and bolt came loose”. The batteries are deep cycle and require long slow and low amp charges, no short charges and rough terrain will tear up SLA batteries you will need GELmat batteries but the medicare fee schedule does not allow for them. Most standard powerchairs are built for indoor use The chargers are delicate and should be used with a surge protecter and never used to charge batteries with voltage below 16 v total. Again even if the charge indicator says full charge the charger needs to be plugged in for 4-6 hours. NO SHORT CHARGES. Again it sounds like you are abusive to your equipment. Treat and maintain it like expensive fine tuned equipmnt and not like an old pair of tennis shoes and you will have a much better experience. If you use the chair outside you will have to clean and maintain it. Medicare does NOT pay for cleaning or stickandstem removal, you will have to payfor that, we charge $85 to clean chairs and more if roaches, other insects or vermin are present

Most Recent Hoveround Complaints

More About Hoveround

Hoveround Personal Mobility Vehicles specializes in manufacturing and distributing "mobility solutions" for those in need of personal transportation solutions. Hoveround Corporation primarily makes electric scooters and power wheelchairs. In addition to motorized mobility solutions, Hoveround offers corresponding ramps, lifts (Hoverlift) and related mobility accessories.

Consumer Comments For Hoveround

• BOBBY

Ian sorry to hear what their doing to you. I have a scooter that has roared me out a few times and no one will help get better front tip wheels. I was told I have to pay. I told them I live on a small fixed income $600.00
    Can’t afford to buy the wheels so I hope I don’t break my DAM NECK NEXT TIME. THANK YOU.