USPS Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Corp Phone Number: 202-268-2500
Company Contact: Patrick R. DonahoeCorp Website: usps.com

USPS Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest USPS Complaint

Is USPS a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Mail Couriers / Delivery Directory ListingUnited States Postal Service Listing

Post Office, be responsible.

I bought two high-end used laptops and a laptop part from ebay, and the post office says they delivered all 3 packages in front of my apartment door. Why? Because they knocked and no one answered the door.

I never received these packages which cost me $454.95. When I contacted the Post Office in Dale City, Virginia about my goods, they told me there’s nothing they can do about it. Why?

I think they should make more attempts at delivery, or at least leave my packages at their place for me to collect them myself. I am very bitter about this behavior of the Post office. At least they should be held responsible for my stolen goods.

USPS – Woodbridge District Virginia Dale City

10 Most Recent USPS Complaints

Consumer Comments For USPS

• My mailmen and woman just steal my packages and don’t deliver them at all, or pretend they do. I demand an investigation, I have had to deal with it for a year now and no one does anything, even after filing complaints and re-delivery notices. USPS SOUNDVIEW BRONX STATION. I want my packages.

• Their service sucks they. A package was sent to me and i know they did not try to delivery the package saying the address was faulty. There was nothing wrong with the address and the ppl at the post office was not very nice i called early i always used the post office in the past this is my last time. They returned my package and did not even try to delivery it sad

• If usps is going to provide tracking why in the hell don’t they update it? Several times I have received item and tracking shows it is still n transit. I know postal workers are lazy but hell how much trouble is it to do your job and scan a package. ever who is in charge of usps do your d**n job or get out .

• ELK GROVE VILLAGE ILLINOIS SORT FACILITY
    Been on the phone with USPS complaint’s department about the sort facility, was on a ringing phone for 31 minutes and no one answered it there and also another 15 minutes letting it ring also this morning. Have left messages on all the answering machines that would answer and he said he is sending a couple of headhunters there way.
    If they find what they think they will today a new crew will be replacing the whole dam lot of them, According to him my mail should of processed Thursday night or at least been scanned in for yesterdays sorting. It should of arrived by today at the least, why pay for 1 daypriority if you are not going to get it there in one day. I would say that is a fraud on the U>S postal service and the people of the U>S>A should stand up and put them in there place.

• My story is way to long. The long journey of no return my package is on has been written over and over again in these postings. I think undelivered packages become employee perks somewhere along the line. One month ago I posted a package with USPS. After leaving California and arriving in Chicago it stopped over in Chicago for about 6 days and then it turned around and came back to California. No amount of pleading with them to please fix the problem and deliver the package worked. Last known stop is Santa Ana but that was on January 22 eight days ago. It is still there although one postal worker informed me that they had lost it, while another supervisor informed that since I did not send it priority, why then it just had to sit there and wait until they were good and ready to send it on while letting other packages go ahead of mine. Oh yes when or if it should arrive at it original post office, they will let me know so that I can come on over, pay the same amount it cost to non deliver, and pick it up. umph I didn’t know that. Oh yes also look carefully at your insurance receipt, if you say, I’ll insure it for $200.00… and you pay the price for $200.00 when you file your claim you will receive less than $200.00. Don’t know for sure how much less because I have not filed my insurance claim yet. Have a feeling I will be disappointed in the amount. I am already very disappointed and frustrated because I really wanted my son in Chicago to receive all the warm stuff I TRIED to send him. My rating 1-10 I’ll give 0

• I sell items through Ebay and have had more than 5 items with tracking numbers lost in the mail in the past 2 months – now another is "missing". I have had to issue refunds to my customers, taken the loss of my items, and PAID USPS for the service!

• I was suppose to have 2 pkgs delivered on Wednesday. I checked the tracking numbers after 5:00 pm due to the pkgs not being delivered, and it said that it was undeliverable due to business was closed. I was home all day,! I called post office and was told our regular delivery guy. Was sick and replacement person brought most of pkgs back. There was not any notice in my mail box. They assured me they had put 2 people in truck and all would be delivered today, Thurs. I saw the mail truck go right past my house. Went to mail box and there was a notice that I wasn’t home. I called post master Kevin Taylor. He said maybe the pkg need a signature. I asked him if it needed a signature, which it doesn’t, why didn’t they get out of the truck and knock on my door. He then said maybe she didn’t know which house because I didn’t have the house numbers posted. I then told him they were posted by the front door and also on my fence right by road. I gave him tracking numbers and it said they were invalid.i printed out the tracking information and drove to post office. He said he had to wait until the driver got back and see what the issue was. Don’t know how or when they will deliver. During the summer I had a pkg sit at the post office for almost 2 weeks. I kept emailing the sending company and they said it had been shipped and delivered. I called the post office they found it on shelf and didn’t have a reason as to why it sat there. Everytime I call post office they are absolutely no help. Always have an excuse for not doing their jobs. They are a bunch of overpaid lazy people and don’t have to answer for their mistakes. They should have to reimburse shipping charges when not delivered on time.

• HAVE NOT GOTTON ANY MAILI 2 WEES, THIS IS AN ONGOING PROBLEM WITH THE PARAUUS POST OFFICE, I DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, OTHER THAN LETTING A LAWYER HANDEL THIS PROBLEM. . THE LAST TIME THIS HAPPEND, I WENT TO P.O. AND WAS TOLD THE MAIL CARRIER WAS MAD BECAUSE MY GARDNER HAD BLOWEN LEAVES AT HER. THEN CALLED HER A NAME., THIS IS NOT TRUE.I THINK THAT SOMEONE ,WORKING THERE CAUSING THIS PROBLEM. WE ARE NOT GETTING OUR BILLS OR ANYTHING ANYMORE. CAN’T SOMEONE PLEASE DO SOMECHECKING AND FIND OUT WHAT IS GOIG ON?PLEASE , AT LEAST TELL ME HOW TO PROSEED FROM HERE. THANKYOU-

• Bought item on Ebay. Seller provided tracking number. Due to this package not being scanned at various locations or mishandling (USPS never does this they tell me), the item may have sat in some obscure corner for a few days, or was lost in a freight truck.
    Here’s my real complaint.
    Once the package arrives in the NEW sort area (Santa Clarita) for my city (Bakersfield, which is 90mi away), it is scanned and put on a truck to my city. Once it arrived it was misdirected to a different zip code.
    You would think once they noticed this, the postal service would just drive the 5 miles to where this package was and I would get it the next day.
    NO! That would be too easy.
    Instead they ship the package BACK the 90 miles to Santa Clarita where it sits (I think) in limbo. A package that should of taken maybe 3 days to arrive has been "in transit" for over 2 weeks. Still nothing can be done, other than submit a claim. The seller didn’t insure item since it was only 20 dollars. Still I am out the money. Way to go USPS!…. You had people making fun of postal workers since the television show Cheers. Making fun of postal workers "going postal"…..Soon it will just be making fun of what was a part of the government that was shut down due to lazy behavior.

• I sent a package via E bay through the usps as well and it never got there either. I had to refund the customer his $190.00 and my package is still lost. I am so through with the post office. I will never use them again. I sent the postmaster general a letter in D.C all the way down to the postmaster at the local p.o. They can KISS MY $%&*#$% No one responds. I called the local p.o and Ms.Lucky said she would call me back and she never did. They do not care, they just want there check after two weeks.
      By the way this was mailed 10/30/2013

• Craig im going through this right now.Im facing the same thing and went to the post office to-day and although
      they took my phone # noting has changed yet.The item has a tracking # and was checked out in Pittsburgh
      4 days ago and the package has not been scanned again in the last 5 days starting tomorrow.It’s 10:pm here and I just checked and so lets go for the 5 days somewere in limbo.I for one hate the USPS for there uncaring
      about peoples items.Was really upset when the Feds baled them out again lazy behavior says it all ! Chuck

• Here is southern Florida mail delivery is subpar as well. But it seems so when I send to Connecticut as well. Smashed contents, misdirected and floating about the system and lack of competence when I go to a post office. I dare not just leave a prepaid, pre-addressed package at the counter. Don’t know what will happen and neither does the clerk behind it!!

Sadly, today’s USPS is far cry from the past. Like the rest of the Federal government, it seems in an inexorable decline. But where do you go?

• Had a confidential letter that was mailed to me from the Catholic Church dioceses and had my home address on it not my po box and our post office in Glidden Iowa sent it back because it did not have my po box on it we live in a town of 1100 people and the church main office would not have anyway of knowing my po box . I put the po box on everything I mail but there are some cases that I get something with ought it on . This paper was personal and needed to be filed out now have to get ahold of the main office and see if they will send it again our postmaster is not very helpfully in a small town never had it with the old one addresses in the phone book has the physical address not the po box number so if someone just looks it up in phonebook means we don’t get the mail just hope it wasn’t to important since they send everything back

• It takes two days to recieve my newspaper from the publisher that is 45 miles from my postoffice. For 48 years my paper has arrived @ my postoffice box in Hecla, SD the same day it was published. At that time I believe stamps were .04 cents each. Now they are .44 cents I believe and I get my paper a day late. Not much news about day old news. If other sectors of our business world made such strides in efficiencies we would be writting on stone tablets and riding horses. SHAME ON USPS. I suggest you look up the definition of the word PROGRESS. Cliff Schroeder, Hecla , SD.

• Every time somebody sends me standard mail, I do Not receive it. This has gone on for awhile, and this is not the first time I submitted information on this issue. I have yet to receive feedback on this and currently, there is a letter that is a week late. The sender was told to wait the last time, but I never received it and they didn’t have it returned. Has happened with things mailed from different people. People should not have to get confirmations or PO Boxes to receive mail.

• On April 5th, mailed registered letter, from Wesley Chapel, FL, containing $100 pounds cash to my brother, for his birthday. To date NO delivery. Last week called USPS, spoke to a woman in customer service, first she lied to me!! telling me that it was in London, then I told her, NO! I’m looking at the on line delivery status and it just got to New York on April 11th!!!, she promptly said well I can transfer you to international, didn’t give me the chance to answer her, and promptly transferred me to a number which came back with the message that it was a wrong number!!! AARRRGGH!

I call back…AGAIN! and I’m told that mailing registered slows delivery time time. WHAT??! Idiots!! I told her I could have drove to New York in LESS TIME!! Mailing registered cost me an additional $15.00!! A first class stamp would have reached its destination in FIVE DAYS!! These people suck and I’m filing a formal complaint. . First they screw YOU! then they screw UP!! They need to SHUT UP!! and stop stealing from their customers by taking funds for services they cannot deliver!! PUN INTENDED!

• Bought an item on ebay that was shipped 4/4/13. Usps tracking says item was delivered 4/8/13. Was home the entire day. Usps did not update this information til after 5pm. No one came to my door with a package. checked leasing office, did not receive anything. That was Monday today is Friday still no package. Contacted usps three times. No help but wanted me to complete a survey.its has been 5 days. Going to Patrick R. Donahoe the ceo and sees what he has to say about it.

• Update: Sunday 4/14/13 Still no sign of a package. No call or email from usps. Approximately a week.

• I have started a petition on Change.org, asking the USPS to take responsibility for lost or damaged mail that is uninsured. Interested? Have you had problems with "regular" mail that disappeared, leaving you no course of action? Visit and sign!

• Sent for a toy from a US company advertising on ebay. After i paid using PayPal they sent it by USPS. Still waiting a month later for it to arrive. Have tried to complain or at least get a reply to where the package is but the system will not allow it outside the US – Chris – Coventry – England.

• Six weeks ago a box sent to me was completely lost—gone–never to appear. Three boxes were sent from the same address to me , at the same time. Two arrived on March 8, tracking showed the 3 rd would be here on the 11 th. Mail has gone on the 14 th and NO box !!!! This morning my asked how she should ship 2 boxes to Florida??? My suggestion was NOT USPS. Told her to send UPS—they will get there!!!. Sad state of affairs

• My sister sent me a birthday card the week of January first. Today is Feb. 14, and I have not received the card yet.

• Mailed a package to my parents from the post office. The next day the postman was knocking on my door with the package I had sent to my parents. Someone at the post office misread the label and sent the package to me instead of my parents.

• Soon enough all those bastards will be unemployed because the internet will put them out of business then they can join the rest of the nation complaining to the government who doesn’t respond well to fixing problems asking for a job.

• your right Mike USPS is the most over rated org in the business I will never buy from another co that send’s
      item’s through the USPS.I hope the internet,ups,fed-x exc puts them under.Don’t like to see anyone loose a job
      but if you can’t do the job you shouldn’t have it. Chuck R

• 1-800 ASK USPS. Terrible customer service. I was hung up on by one of their agents. I was trying to report mail that was stolen out of my mailbox. Very rude. I am going to use UPS for all of my mail from now on.

• BEWARE of USPS premium forward service (PFS). On the back of the sign up form #5 says after you pay your money the USPS may or may not deliver your mail

• Mailed package express delivery from Miami 33139 to 00911. It never arrived on time. Next day I found out that the package went to a wrong zip code 00918 and was posted as undeliverable. I ended up Picking up a package at the post office at 00918. (the package was scanned as delivered when i picket it up) When asked for Guarantee if not delivered by next day 3 pm, post office in Miami said that there was no mistake and because it was a undeliverable address and not eligible for refund unless post at 00918 posts as missent on the record and then will be eligible for refund. Post office at 00918 accepted the mistake and entered in the system as missent by USPS. After returning to 33139 post office for follow up, Post master still refused a refund even after post office at 00918 corrected error in the system. Stating the address it was sent to to does not exist. How its possible that miami post office make this statement when in the system showed that package was delivered to that address 2nd business day? Discrimination, false advertising and ignorance from post master in Miami. Since I never signed for the package and it was "delivered"to the address that does not exist, should i have the right to claim 2.000 insurance policy on it?

• I went to the Pike Road P.O. in Alabama and paid ($ 18.95) for an next day delivery (signature requested) to my granddaughter in Lake Charles, La. 70615 and the mail carrier NEVER delivered the item. My grandchild baby was a week old, her husband used the only car and was at work,also her front door opens into the living room. Receipt/file#ca108632065. She had to go to the P.O. to pick the item up. P.O. will not refund my fee, I paid for a service I did not receive. I had problems with other deliverys to her address three times prior.

• Me & all orther people should sue in ceviel court cause the false advertise they very unprofessional &they very rude have no respect or pryde in they job of line dont respect orther people rights or dignigty . If they dont respect u or many orthers lime me&u who’s to say they respect any one includeding they sibling who put them here . U know they give consideration receive it give respect recieve it have a heart get a heart . Like they say people like that are undesireable

• Use spell check. Your spelling, grammar and punctuation are all horrible. Better yet, get someone who knows English to post for you.

• Stop been so racist you in the wrong website buddy.

• from virginia a post was send to india last year on 11 august and till now i have not recieved it and if i dont get that then i am going into consumer forum against usps and will claim for my stuff worth usd 100000 material