Publishers Payment Processing Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Consumer Ratings Data

Average Rating: 1.00 of 5
Based On: 3 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Publishers Payment Processing

False Magazine renewals with bogus customer service e-mail.

I have received numerous bills stating that I owed money for renewal of magazines. I am a nurse and several nursing magazines, along with regular magazines such as Readers Digest have been cited for renewal fees. Fees are requested in installment or total amounts.

At first, I thought that I was really due a renewal for my nursing magazine, and then realized that I deal directly with all my magazines. I have notified this company already to remove me from their mailing list, and the bills keep coming. They have been coming for many months.

I have tried to call today, but after being on hold for 20 minutes, I hung up. Then I tried to use the e-mail customer service address and found that it was non existent!

I am furious that this company of magazine services is continuing to taunt people and make innocent individuals believe, as I did , that renewal money was owed. I would appreciate someone bringing a halt to such false practices!

Additional Information:

Alternate Publishers Payment Processing Business Names: Orbital Publishing Group Inc, P P E S Publisher Periodical Service, Publishers Payment Processing, Publishers Billing Association, Publishers Billing Exchange, M B S, Magazine Billing Services, Publishers Payment, Liberty Publishers Group Inc, Circulation Billing Services, Magazine Billing Network, Publishers Billing Emporium, Liberty Publishers Service Inc, Publishers Payment Services, Publishers Magazine Payment, Publishers Magazine Billing, Publishers Billing Services, American Consumer Publishers Association, Global Publishers Service, G P S, Allied Publishing Services, Associated Publishers Services, Billing Services of America, Bradford Publishing Service, Global Publishers Center, Lake Shore Publishers Service, Magazine Distribution Service, Magazine Payment Services, Magazine Subscriber Services, Magazine Subscriptions Center, National Magazine Services, Periodical Billing Services, Platinum Subscription Service, Publication Service Networks, Publishers Access Services, Publishers Consolidated Subscription Services, Publishers Distribution Center, Publishers Education Services, Publishers Marketplace Services, Publishers Network Exchange, Publishers Periodical Service, Publishers Processing Service, Publishers Services Exchange, Readers Billing Services, Readers Payment Service, Seascape Publishers Network, Slo Call Center, Subscription Billing Service, Subscription Payment Exchange, Subscription Payment Services, United Publishers Services, Publisher's Services Network, L P S, C B S, Global Publication Service, C B C Alternate Address, Contact Info: 888-586-7753 | PO Box 2489 White City Or 97503

View Comments View More Publishers Payment Processing Complaints

Is Publishers Payment Processing a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

User Thoughts About Publishers Payment Processing

19 thoughts on “Publishers Payment Processing

1. We all know that what goes around, comes around.
    People like this that prey on others… will themselves become prey.
    take heart, do not be discouraged my friends.

2. I was suspicious of receiving 2 renewals in 2 months from publishers billing association for daily word which I do not subscribe to. Definite scamming here

3. "Subscription Billing Service" sent me a notice for National Geographic for $59.95, when I can renew directly with the magazine for $19.00…con artists…contacting my state attorney general.

4. I got a bill from these people for a magazine and I have 18 months to go until I need to renew. They wanted $69.95 for one year of 6 issues and the Garden Gate Magazine only charged $39 for 2 years. What kind of a fool do you think we are. Save your postage and phone call and toss these types of billings. I'm sending my to the Attorney General's Office.

5. Their business may not be illegal but it is immoral. I finally woke up and checked what a direct subscription with the magazine itself was. Well it is $13. If I subscribe through MPS it is $49.95. This is a complete rip off.

6. I spoke to them. They are NOT acting on behalf of any magazine. They sell subscriptions at a discount and not any better than you can get from the magazine itself.
    This is a scam. They are in no way related to or working on behalf of any magazine. DO NOT Renew with these people.

They offered to send me a refund less $20.0. That would mean I get $9.93. They say the refund policy is clearly stated on the back. If you are not aware that they are not working with the publisher, then you are screwed. I am, calling my State attorney and getting them involved.

TE

7. Don't pay anything to these people. They stole about 90 dollars from me. I paid for a magazine and have not gotten anything but the run around.

8. LPS in White City sent a renewal to the WSJ using my correct address. I sent the payment thinking it was the WSJ ( the address was not White City then but was the same outfit). When the WSJ billed me I contacted them and they said it was a scam. I called LPS and they refused to remit until I told them the name of the contact at the WSJ who said it was a scam. But I've received 3 or 4 more envelopes since then and have an unopened one in case an official can use it as evidence.
    RLC

9. What a big scam this company is! They keep sending me notices of magazine renewals/new order which are totally fake. I have mailed them to stop and tried to go to their web site but to no avail. Never give them your credit care number whatever you do!

10. I was taken for $24.95 for Popular Mechanics and I have written them twice without a response. Oh, maybe this new billing from Publishers Billing Center is their response. No!!!! It is a new bill for Readers Digest which I have never had.
    Ron

11. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACK YOU RE MY WSJ SUBSCRIPTION – I CALLED AT LEAST 6 TIMES AND YOU SAY HOLD AND SOMEONE WILL BE WITH ME SHORTLY – I WAIT ON THE PHONE FOR 25 MINUTES AND NO ONE RESPONDS – HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU RUN A BUSINESS LIKE THAT. YOU REALLY TURN ME OFF AND I AM CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTIUON TO THE WSJ.

• I am contacting the company's president directly, am going to send her each of the renewal notices we continue to receive. Possibly will join in!
      Ken

12. 2/1/2013. I got scammed! And it does not feel good. I made a $69.95 payment for Time Magazine renewal. 6 weeks later Time sends me a renewal notice. When I contacted Time they said they were not associated with MPS but were aware that they were scamming people. Why does Time not alert their subscription holders?

13. I just got a letter from this outfit which asked me for $149.90 to renew my Atlantic Monthly subscription. Less than one month before I had sent Atlantic Magazine a check for $10.00 for a one year renewal. Then I noticed that this letter says RENEWAL OFFER – NOT A BILL at the bottom. What a crock! These people make money by preying on people who don't read very well and think they have been sent a bill.

14. Received a notice in the mail for one of my magazines, what a crock. Need to write to your state’s Attorney General, I certainly will be.

15. Who is Publishers Services Exchange? I got a renewal bill for a magazine that I have never read, never ordered and have never even seen!