Great Plains Lending Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Corp Email: support@greatplainslending.com
Corp Website: greatplainslending.com

Great Plains Lending Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Great Plains Lending Complaint

Is Great Plains Lending a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Loans Directory ListingGreat Plains Lending LLC Listing

Don't use. Scam artist

I had a loan that I wanted to pay off. The computer stated I owed $746 as a pay off total. I went right to the bank and mailed out a $800 money order knowing interest would be accruing during the few day mail trip for them to receive this.

Two weeks later I am sent a text saying I am past due $204! I thought this must be a mistake. I went online and it showed they had received my $800 payment and somehow I still owed $204?

There customer service was closed over the weekend but when I got ahold of someone today she really couldn’t explain it to me. She just kept saying the way the compound it it confusing and hard to explain. I told her I had worked many a years in credit cards and I think I could understand if she tried to explain, but she wouldn’t.

So I am now sending a $250 money order hoping this will be the end of it, but doubtful. Way to expensive for a short term loan even if credit is bad you can find something better than this!

10 Most Recent Great Plains Lending Complaints

Consumer Comments For Great Plains Lending

• “cHRISTY” obviously works for Great Plains. I took out an $800 loan and paid it back within a week. But it didn’t show up in my bank. Now Great Plains claims my payment was returned. Twice. The payment was never even SENT TO THE BANK! If it was returned, why didn’t the bank charge me an overdraft fee? Why doesn’t it show anywhere on my statement? There was MORE than enough in there to pay this off. These people are scam artists and liars, pure and simple.

• I got a short term loan from them in the state of Maryland, I paid the amount on the plan back 5 TIMES OVER with their charges and interest.. They are a Terrible company, STAY AWAY

• are they licen in the state of nj?

• I need to know if they are licensed in the state of Ohio.

• Go to your state government web page and search pay day loans. That is how i found this company was not authorized to issue pay day loans in my state.. My state compiled a list of companies they issued cease activity orders to and this company was one of them.. I had to contact my state government and then go to my local bank for help….

• I received a loan from Great Plains and when I tried working with a debt management company to help me pay them off they ceased to talk to me….still haven’t gotten anything resolved. My suggestion is to STEAR CLEAR OF THEM TOTALLY, NOTHING BUT BAD NEWS AS FAR AS I’M CONCERNED!!!

• What state are these guys approving applications

• Great Plains Lending is the worse! Knew there was HIGH intrest rates but didn’t know that the way they figure their "Loans" are you pay nothing but intrest the first 6 months. Which adds up to over $1600, then $40 comes off the principal for about another 3 months. By then you’ve paid $2300 in interest and less than $200 has been paid on $1000. The other topper is, if your late you pay that month’s payment and $30 AND if you pull up your loan it shows they extented your loan to a longer time.So your paying longer. Found they are NOT licensed in Minnesota and trying to get this merry-go-round to stop.

• close your checking account..go to your bank..and they will close it..make sure your balance is zero..open another accoutn it will charge off…you’ll get phone calls..they are a joke..t miller

• IF I CLOSE THE ACCOUNT AND OPEN ANOTHER AT THE SAME BANK WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT ANOTHER ACCOUNT IT WILL CHARGE OFF? PLEASE EXPLAIN. WILL IT STILL SOME HOW COME OUT THE NEW ACCOUNT?

• They are not licensed in all 50 states to conduct business, if you have a loan with them, and they are not licensed with the state you preside , depending on the state statues you do not have to pay them back . First, a contract entered into between two parties under misrepresentation fis no and void and not legally responsible for the debt period. If you are in Washington state they can not pursue you ro harass

• ‘Preside’ means to govern or rule like a king. So if he is the King of Ohio, I do not think he would have to pay them back.

• Great Plains Lending is a very serious joke .I borrowed 800 dollars and made 4 payments back to them of 237.00 and thought it should be close to being paid off. So I went on line to check it and it showed I still had 6 more payments. I thought there is no way so I called them and the gentleman I spoke too said yes .I said they told me 5 easy payments. He said they are charging 400.18 percent interest. I said this is joke .He said you can pay your loan off today for 603.03 dollars So Im telling anyone not too get involved with this Company they are a scam and should be put in jail.

• Did you read the terms of the loan before you signed? Do you know what the word terms means? I’m sorry, my mistake. You obviously dont know how to read. Poor thing,

• wow im glad I saw these comments now I have changed my mind about getting money from them. thanks for the heads up

• And people thought towing companies charged alot for rescuing you, stranded on the side of some road…

• Loan Amount $200.00
    Annual Percentage Rate (APR) 448.76%
    Weekly Payment Amount $48.94

Just an FYI and it said next day direct deposit….I’m on day 4, thanks a-holes!!

• Hi:

So they took the money from your account on day 4 not on your p****y???

• I recognized the fraud at once, briefly read the beautiful part about the loan they could give, immediately jumped to the small letters, read 300% APR… that’s all I need to know about them. I don’t care how much I may need money, i will not be feeding these scammers.

• I seriously thought this was a joke, as in I really thought it was a joke. Even with having not the best credit, I consider 18-22% APR high. But to try and come in at 349.05% as a starting APR?! Really? Clearly I am in the wrong business.

• Of course the APR’s are high. The loans they offer are meant for a very short term (until your next paycheck). If you need a personal loan, Great Plains is not for you.

cam

• yes thank you all very much. you all helped me stay out of a horrible mistake and the dog house.

• This company is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!! They have the worst customer service, fail to provide any and all information as they are asked. Never ever return an email. When you are told you will receive an email instructing you on what is needed. You never get it, the website doesn’t work. They state someone will be in touch with you within 48 hours at the most they didn’t contact me for weeks. so with all of this poor customer service, don’t do it!!!!! If you have to work this hard to borry money they you have to pay back triple on, then it ain’t worth it. SCAMMERS! CANNOT WAIT FOR THEM ALL TO BE SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD!

• Yea, I pretty much knew that Great Plains Lending was a scam when I looked at my name on the letter that they sent me in the mail. My name appears in upper and lower-case letters as a proper noun. All "legit" businesses address people with their name spelled in all capital letters. Plus, they don’t have a register mark by their company name, not to mention the outrageous interest rates in fine print! Too many red flags. I wouldn’t even waste my time.

• How about applying for a loan with them and get declined (which was cool), but what about before you proceeded to submit your important information you call to speak to someone from Great Plains just to be sure it was not a scam right? So I spoke with a Frank T, and he surely assured to me that my info would not be shared. Then he sent me a application link to apply online. Well my reason for this report is that it is so bold and wrong that the moment I got declined the loan, dozens of calls are flooding my phone about applying for a loan, I mean these people that are calling have poor English for one, My main thing is How in the HELL did these people get my number when I only applied with G. P. direct lending??? So after a few days of harassing calls, I try and go to the G.P. website to Opt out to erase my info (account), which there was no option for that on their Site, then I tried contacting Frank T to discuss this matter and ask him why am I getting all these calls about loans all of a sudden after applying by the link he Emailed me, when he claimed they don’t share peoples information. When I did contact that number (877)836-1506, this guy said Frank was not in but he could help me, so he listened to my complaint, then he tried to down talk me by say that I was upset because I was declined the loan, and or maybe I applied for loan with others… B.S. I told him I have been denied many times and I will never apply for a loan with more than 1 Company at a time, which you are the only place I attempted this year Period.. getting declined is not the the point I express right now, I told him I’m not to be played with and I am not a slow brain. Now with all that…I am so worried of what could happen to me with all my information out there like that? Is it because my app got declined they just threw me out there as scrap for the Scammers!

• OKAY YOU ALL HAVE ME VERY SCARED.. I GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL THAT I WAS PRE-APPROVED FOR $800 I CALLED THEM YES THE RATES AND PAY BACK IS VERY HIGH BUT I NEEDED THE MONEY ASAP AND WENT FOR IT THE FUNDS WERE IN MY ACCOUNT THE NEXT MORNING I HAVE NOT HAD ANYTHING BAD HAPPEN YET, MY FIRST PAYMENT IS NEXT WEEK. IS THERE A CHANCE THIS COULD ALL WORK OUT IN THE END, AND I NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS??

• make a payment asap and as many as you can asap- its 350% interest – you will owen them the rest of your life!

• I think they are a good loan company. The good thing is that u can pay back anytime/ any day you want. the quicker the better. Justb dont make it a habit.

• We are on our 3rd loan with them. They are not a scam. All info is provided up front, so if you know how to read then it is your own decision if you want to do it or not. We always have paid on time and paid the loan off quickly to avoid all the interest. You can pay ahead with no penalty. Last loan we got $1000. Well my husband just got laid off and we still owed $500 so we paid that in full so we could get another loan of $1800 to help get caught up on some bills. They have a page on their website that tells you what your monthly payment will be depending on what loan amount you get. Everyone that is complaining needs to learn how to do research before going into it. If you can’t afford the payments, don’t do it. Plain and simple.

• I have used them several times and had no problem. However, be aware that each time you make a loan with them they do "hard" pulls of your credit report from the bureaus. It can lower your credit score.

• There will be no problems as long as your payment are made. What you should do is pay more than the minimum they are asking for. The extra goes to the principle and not those high interest rates. I have taken a loan with them and never had any problems. Of course I always made my payments on time so…

• I could go to NY and get a loan shark loan for less. Usery at its finest.

• I am so glad i read these comments,the computer is a wonderful thing,because you can get on any website and find out,the good,the bad and the ugly. This is exactly what i was lookin for and thank the lord good people post their experieces with good companys and bad companys,im just sorry that some of you had to be the one to find out the hard way,FYI,you can contact the better businesss buro and report them i have reported several so called companys and all legitamite businesses are on the better business buros website,so next time check them out on the better business buro to check if they are legite…Thanks for your comments cause it has saved me time and money

• Go to: cashcentral.com,
    they are eithical and it is a small cheaper managable loan.

This big loan will be over 3.00 a day interest and stress you out everyday you owe greatplains money.

Try not not to borrow and wean off as best you can.

• saw complaints for cashcentral.com also

• Thanks for your comments and saving me from a hasty decision due to needing money.

• Great Plain Lending is rip off big time! I do loan and high interesting payment almost 300.0 for 12 months. Rep said there will continue $9 interest every day till pay in full. That bullshit! It DIRTY BUSINESS!

• I got a letter in the mail from them, thought about applying until I read the reviews, they seem like a bunch of scam artist. The interest is herendous,Huge and does not even look legal. I was told I am preapproved for 1300 and looked at the fine print. I would end up paying 3990 dollars for it, So I would have to pay 2690 in payments over time to borrow only 1300 dollars. Would have to make 30 payments of 133.19 thats triple 1300 plus an extra 90 dollars,really nice. seems like they are out to exploit people in difficult times and emergencies. BAD, BAD, Company don’t use them.

• I to tried this place, at first they said I was approved and had all my payments lined up.
    Then when it came down to depositing the funds they wanted proof of bank, income, ssn number, driver’s license they wanted copies off all. Why didn’t state this in the initial online form and why did they say I was approved and give me payment plans. When I sounds to good to true, well; you know. Any way don’t be scammed just cause you are are hard up for cash, we are already screwed looking into this web sites like this these, why get more screwed. Oh, bye the way can you say scam, hello!!!!!!!

• Jose I am a customer of great plains and have been satisfied with them. First they should and may be required by law to request paper copies of personal information. You would not walk in bank and fill out application and expect money without any documentation. Also you are giving a complete payment agreement that has to be signed before you are deposited money. So you should know all the interest and payment information before then. So i am not sure how you feel like you got screwed. I dont know what state you are from so it may make a little difference but not by much. Interested to hear your response

• NO NO NO!!! NEVER send copies of your personal information… When you fill out ANY application for credit or loans or credit card, the only information that needed is the last 4 numbers of your social security number. Using the last four number will provide ALL your credit report information. This was established to avoid identity theft…. You were wise Jose to not provide them with you identity information.

• They deserve to be stiffed, they are not legal

• Hmmm…Sorry to see that people think they are a scam. I have never had a single problem with them. They just required the credit application to be filled out and they tell you EXACTLY what your minimum payments are and the interest rate! Yeah, yeah I know it’s loan shark rates but I knew that going in. They will work with you if something comes up and you have to miss a payment. Of course, I had perfect payment history with them at the time so…Anyway, sorry for those that feel that they didn’t get what they thought they’d get. My question would be is "Did they give you the money you asked for and did it at least help you out at the time you got the cash?"

• Yes, great plains lending is ridiculous, due to an emergency, I fell behind and they are coming after me. My 1,000 loan that I paid $400 on is not due and the payoff is $1,200 and going up and up, Help! They are threatening me and I’m scared. Any attorneys out their?

• Yes! I am in the same boat had an loan in the amount of 600.00 and now it is 1549.00. They have called my place of busness and I am now seeking legal advise. Call this number lember Associates 888-631-8163

• I have just cancelled an application process midstream due to the reviews I read and the very high interest rate payback schedule for a 500.00 loan. I had six payments of over 210.00 a month for six months, with the first payment due on 2/3/2013.

• Yeah, it’s pretty much a p****y loan in disguise. At first glance, it looks like it would have been a great way to get some quick cash to help out with a temporary issue… I was about to apply for a loan, but when I read the fine print, I saw that for an $800 would cost me nearly $1400 to repay, with an interest rate of nearly 400%!!! It pays to read the fine print before getting yourself into yet MORE debt. I’m glad I read it before committing myself to something so ridiculous.

• hahaha. You guys are a bunch of noobs. What kinf of interest rate over 100% is a joke. report it to FBI website . They will take care of them..

• VERY DUMB IDIOTS! !!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GREAT PLAINS. NEVRR RECEIVED FUNDS AFTER WAITING TWO WEEKS FOR FUNDS AND FOR THE STUPID A$$ PROCESS TO BE DONE!!!! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO IT!! THEY CLAIM THAT YOU PUT IN THE WRONG INFO AND BLAIM EVERY THING ON CUSTOMERS! !!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT TRUST THESR RUDE A$$ LOSERS!!!!!! YOU WILL NEVER GET THE FUNDS!!!!!!

• Guess! Dont fsll for then hype. Read the fine line. They just sent me an offer for anloan with an apr of like 489.91%! This is a great way to have your credit ruined for life! Stay away. Far far away!

• Wow absolutly right!!! If it sounds too good to be true….probably is!! I also got an offer for a loan that states Great Plains Interest can be 27% lower than p****y loans. Then I continued to small print and saw the 389.05% annual percentage rate. Are you kidding. How can this be legal? Our state has even outlawed the p****y loans for just this reason.

• Sounds to me like this is due to your error and you are blaming them because you entered your account number incorrectly.

• Exact same complaint from the first person on this page. I applied online and initially told I qualified for $800 loan with extrememly high intrest but being in need of money quickly I agreed. Then I never recieved the money they said I didnt enter the correct account# for my electronic deposit. So now they asked me to faxed them a voided check which I did and it will take 3 days to reverse it. Never recieved it, I was just told to go online to see why I was declined afterall. Now im scared they will tell me I owe them the money or that they will deduct from my account . They now have all personal info.

• I have a complaint about Great Plains Lending i apply for a loan and was told i was not approved, that i had to repay my loan before i can apply for another loan. One problem i have never had a loan with them, when i email them a told them that they said to call them, so i did but could not talk to anyone, everytime i call the phone goes dead. So i will report them to the BBB maybe that will get them to answer there phone.