Ally Auto Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Corp Website: ally.com

Ally Auto Ratings and Reports

Latest Ally Auto Complaint

Auto Repo

On Friday September 5th, I got a call from Ally auto representative. I called them back right away. They informed me that they will reposess my car because I was 3 mos late. I have been current all previous years and had informed them at previous months that I had been unemployed and was going through cancer.

I wanted to see if they could work something with me. I was able to send $300.00 the past month. They said that I needed to come up with at least $695. I told them that I would call them back to see who could help me out. I called them up that day but they were closed 2pm my time in Hawaii.

Then that Monday they picked up my car. I called Ally and told them that they had repo my car and they were telling me that they were sorry and that in order to get it back I would have to call them back because they didn’t have any info of the amount they -THE REPO COMPANY WAS GOING TO THEM.

I called the repo company and Debby from the company of the repo said that she wasn’t allowed to disclose the info on how much they were charging because they have a contract with ALLY and therefore it’s up to ALLY in how much they would charge me to get my car out. Well according to ALLY the Repo company was the one who was charging me outrageous amount to get my car out. The charges were $500. for repo, then $175 for transfer and $75 for flatbed.

Well, this company that came to pick up my car are about 20 mins away, and they drove my car to the lot, they did not use a flatbed. It is abuse what ALLY is doing taking advantage of what is “legally” allowed to charge in the state so they won’t get in trouble but not being honest with the charges.

See More Ally Auto Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is Ally Auto a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Ally Auto

Consumer Comments For Ally Auto

• Ally Financial has the absolute worse customer service. My husband has authorized me too many times to re to obtain information on this account and I get the same runaround. It took them three months to correct an issue with the account and it kept going into collections. I talked to about ten different account representative in a span of 10 months with someone always seeming more than willing to help. I sent the same documents over and over again and one of the documents had an error that they made and wanted me to pay for it. After it was all over with, I had over paid them by one months payments. I absolutely hate dealing with them and this wasn’t even a bad credit loan, just a bad finance company loan.

• I am writing regarding the three late payments 30 day late, payments in June, August and September, 2012 that Ally Auto has reported to Experian, Equifax and Transunion for my account. Talking to the overseas customer service is pointless and not helpful. The Fair Credit Billing Act requires that you bill correctly, that each statement be sent to the correct address, that you not ignore change of address requests, and that you facilitate disputed charges in a manner prescribed by law. The Act also stipulates that you provide lawfully requested information concerning my account upon request in a timely manner.

• I called to verify that my Husbands account was paid off and I was told I was not authorized -Okay no problem I got My Husband to give Authorization and the Representative tried to add my name to the account and not just as an authorized person on the account and I immediately asked them not to add my name . When I called initially they stated to stay on line for a survey. When I ended the call they cut the Survey off so I could not add any comment. This company seems to be fishy or at least their Customer Service is the worst in the business.

• The incident just happened. Their Customer Service does not understand English and words inferred.
      No problem because Word of Mouth goes much further.

• I asked for a deferrment on my car loan. The customer service woman could barely speak english and then told me I had to pay a partial payment for the next two months. Because I was from South Dakota it required a signature. When i received the paper work, the payment was placed to the end of loan and nothing due. I signed and faxed back. A month later received a late notice with a late fee. I called and after a long wait told I didn’t owe anything and system updated. Supervisor would call in next 24 hours to explain what happened. Over a week later and still no call. Really poor service

• sent money order 3/2/13 for car payment for march ally claims never received it that one called western union an its never been cashed,never was late with a payment in 6 years fax a copy of money order,havent heard anything yet, called to make sure they got fax never called me back ,said boss was at meeting

• Tried to get a paper title to car paid off in 2009. Sent me a release of lien letter and told me to take it to DMV for my title. Cost me $87.75 for a duplicate title. DMV said it issued original title to GMAC (now Ally). I called Ally and requeted my money for the title since it was never sent to me. Got the run around. Asked to speak to a higher authority. They said someone would call back in 3-4 days. STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!