Ally Auto Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers SnapShot

Corp Phone Number: 888-925-ALLY
Company Contact: William F Muir - President

Ally Auto Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Ally Auto Complaint

Is Ally Auto a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Loans Directory ListingAlly Financial Inc Listing

Paid off our vehicle in July, repossessed in October

We purchased a Tahoe from our local dealership in 2009. They set us up with Ally Financial for financing. We paid our loan on time every month with extra money towards the principal. They NEVER missed sending us a monthly statement in the five years we had the loan. In June we received a final payoff letter from Ally. I excitedly wrote the final check to Ally and dropped it in the mail. The check processed my bank on July 17th. We patiently awaited our payoff letter.
On Oct. 13, less that two months after my final payment, a wrecker came down my driveway and took the vehicle for repossession. We were upset to say it mildly. My last payment to Ally was JULY! No letter stating we had any remaining on our loan, no phone calls, NOTHING. Now mind you, in the five years we had the loan, the monthly statement was always in my mailbox. I haven’t moved or had any address change in 25 years. Why was I not notified that I still owed on this loan?

A letter stating we still owed them money would have sufficed. No such luck, they just sent a tow truck to pick up my paid in full vehicle with NO PRIOR WARNING.

I called Ally immediately only to get the run around. More frustration when the person you are trying to explain your situation to cannot speak English. The wait time is 20 minutes every time you call. After 15 calls and a whole day wasted, getting nowhere, I was mentally exhausted. I was transferred from department to department, getting NO answers.

While trying to find our what is going on they give me information that my name is Stacy A. My middle initial is NOT A! They also give me a cell number that is NOT mine. We had to get 2500.00 dollars and Western Union it to Ally Financial so they would release my vehicle to me. I also had to pay towing fees, storage fees and other miscellaneous fees. When I went to Western Union office they were convinced I was being scammed. They strongly advised me NOT to wire that much cash.

We paid the money and have our vehicle back but I am not at all happy with the way we were treated. How can they send us a bill every month, religiously, and then nothing stating we still owed them money!

Ally Financial – PO Box 8138 Cockeysville MD 210308138 | 888-925-2559

25 Most Recent Ally Auto Complaints

Consumer Comments For Ally Auto

• Eric your right I am in same boat when in years gone by you pay a fee and put it in the Capital one is a lot better than Ally

• I asked for a due date they said I couldn’t do that then ok 80 bucks I have never been helped at all they sent me a letter in 2013 or 2014 yes 14 and said we like to help you but bullshit never did nothing at all total ashls in my bookyou cant understand them I thing Ally is outsourcing so as to not pay good people to do thisl

• I am having issues too they never can speak English and you ask them a question and they don’t know what their talking about very upset with the whole thing I heard
    today from a dealer in Rochester that Ally is getting out of the leasing business good ridens

• Ally commits FRAUD on a regular basis!!! I returned a car 3 months ago that was under the mileage and continue to get bills from ALLY saying i was over mileage by 20000 miles. According to the signed lease that I have that was faxed to ALLY 23 times it states that my allowed mileage was 42524 miles yet Ally says they have on their files that the mileage allowed is 24524. I have spoken to them well over 100 times and submitted copies of the physical lease I signed yet still receive bills and have been reported to the credit agencies. They are nothing but Frauds!!!!!! The Federal Consumer Protection agency should be fining them millions for this fraud!!!!!

• So I fell onto hard times after going between jobs, and 3 payments default later I had the full payment but my on-line payment option was actually “BLOCKED!” Right after, and without notice, I found a tow truck hooking up my car at about 4:30 in the morning because my dog was barking. SO my car was repossesed and the repo. people gave me 3 days with an additional astronomical fee of $300.00 tagged onto the payment to get my car out of reposession, or my car and only means of transportation to work would be sold at an auction. Very hateful company which even if I’m on my feet again one day, I will severely avoid acquiring a loan from Ally again! “Wow!’ I guess they really taught me a lesson!

• Please go to my fb page “consumers defrauded by Ally. Some of the practices are not legal. I would like to share more. If you are interested please go to that page and tag your story there

• yea still fighting somewhat same,how can we stop them

• They are difficult to talk to. I believe this is so they can’t understand what you are requesting. For example, I requested payment arrangements. After a frustrating hour call, I finally agreed to some silly payment schedule that I knew I wasn’t going to be able to commit to. A half payment now then a full payment + an additional half payment 2 weeks later. Then, the normal payment schedule. That’s like 3 payments in less than a month. I couldn’t get them to understand how that did not help me. If someone is struggling, you don’t force them to make 3 payments in less than a month. When I was with Capital One, they let you post the payment to the back of the loan. This is what I was trying to get Ally to do. Yet, here I was struggling with this woman whose accent I couldn’t decipher. She did not understand what I was asking (for putting the payment on the back of the loan). Or, I guess it was because I don’t speak their language which is known as “cha-ching”. The language of money leaving your bank account. But when it’s not there, i’m sure they have well spoken tow truck drivers who know English like they know the route to my house. The point is, these Ally reps are kind but also kind of dumb. Sorry, Ally. Improve yourself. You are not doing much better than GMAC.

• Please go to my fb page “consumers defrauded by Ally.

• i no longer have facebook. :(

• Ally Financial has the absolute worse customer service. My husband has authorized me too many times to re to obtain information on this account and I get the same runaround. It took them three months to correct an issue with the account and it kept going into collections. I talked to about ten different account representative in a span of 10 months with someone always seeming more than willing to help. I sent the same documents over and over again and one of the documents had an error that they made and wanted me to pay for it. After it was all over with, I had over paid them by one months payments. I absolutely hate dealing with them and this wasn’t even a bad credit loan, just a bad finance company loan.

• I am writing regarding the three late payments 30 day late, payments in June, August and September, 2012 that Ally Auto has reported to Experian, Equifax and Transunion for my account. Talking to the overseas customer service is pointless and not helpful. The Fair Credit Billing Act requires that you bill correctly, that each statement be sent to the correct address, that you not ignore change of address requests, and that you facilitate disputed charges in a manner prescribed by law. The Act also stipulates that you provide lawfully requested information concerning my account upon request in a timely manner.

• I called to verify that my Husbands account was paid off and I was told I was not authorized -Okay no problem I got My Husband to give Authorization and the Representative tried to add my name to the account and not just as an authorized person on the account and I immediately asked them not to add my name . When I called initially they stated to stay on line for a survey. When I ended the call they cut the Survey off so I could not add any comment. This company seems to be fishy or at least their Customer Service is the worst in the business.

• The incident just happened. Their Customer Service does not understand English and words inferred.
      No problem because Word of Mouth goes much further.

• I asked for a deferrment on my car loan. The customer service woman could barely speak english and then told me I had to pay a partial payment for the next two months. Because I was from South Dakota it required a signature. When i received the paper work, the payment was placed to the end of loan and nothing due. I signed and faxed back. A month later received a late notice with a late fee. I called and after a long wait told I didn’t owe anything and system updated. Supervisor would call in next 24 hours to explain what happened. Over a week later and still no call. Really poor service

• sent money order 3/2/13 for car payment for march ally claims never received it that one called western union an its never been cashed,never was late with a payment in 6 years fax a copy of money order,havent heard anything yet, called to make sure they got fax never called me back ,said boss was at meeting

• Tried to get a paper title to car paid off in 2009. Sent me a release of lien letter and told me to take it to DMV for my title. Cost me $87.75 for a duplicate title. DMV said it issued original title to GMAC (now Ally). I called Ally and requeted my money for the title since it was never sent to me. Got the run around. Asked to speak to a higher authority. They said someone would call back in 3-4 days. STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!