Ally Auto Reviews SnapShot

Most Recent Ally Auto Complaints

Is Ally Auto a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Loans Directory ListingAlly Financial Inc Listing

Ally Auto Discrimination, Refusal to Apply Credits Due, Counter-Lawsuit

The original purchase of our vehicle was with a loan from Ally Auto (Ally Financial Inc.), and included an offer for a 90 day money back grantee “Extended warranty” worth over $3,000. Within less than 48 hours I was advised to cancel the warranty immediately, so my husband and I returned to the dealership and signed a cancellation of the extended warranty. To make a long story short, the credit was never applied to our loan and the loan agreement was adjusted by Ally Financial Inc, internally and we were never notified, until we noticed the payment difference on our next bill.

My English is a second language and I have a strong accent, so when I called requesting information about the changes and the missing credit from the warranty cancellation, the employee would claim that they could not understand me and just hang up. I wrote letters and sent in complaints. No reply and no credit applied. I called again and the customer service person asked to speak with someone who spoke better English, and I had my twelve year old son explain. We were put on hold for half an hour and then they just hung up. We made our payments and sent in a note with each one requesting proof that the credit was applied. According to my account and payments, we were overpaying the loan each month more than $135, and did so over the next two years this took place since the beginning of the loan.

Finally when I lost my job I called in again October of 2015, trying to pay off the $6,150 left on the loan and was told that I was not going to get the credit and I was still owing over $15,000 on the loan. If I were going to hire a lawyer it would cost me all of my savings at a time I was out of work. I told them that I was ahead several thousands of dollars in interest and credit due and I would not pay another penny until they had a supervisor review the account.

This Ally Auto loan professional told me that they were both Judge and Jury and could repossess the car the very second I missed a payment. My car was taken in November and I filed a small claims lawsuit, trying to recover as much as possible. The maximum in small claims allowed is $10,000 and if I were to use a lawyer I was told I would lose a bunch in legal and other lawyer fees. Caring for four young children, looking for work without a car and hardly anything left in the bank. A month after I filed the small claims lawsuit (accidentally in the State where I purchased the car and not in my resident State) I was served with a Civil collections Lawsuit from a MAJOR law firm representing ALLY FINANCIAL INC suing me for $11,000 + legal fees. I was in another state and no lawyers were able to assist me.

I dropped the small claims lawsuit after a local attorney told me that I was out of Jurisdiction to win and with no money left in the bank (now on food stamps and on foot) I was forced to try and defend myself from another state, under extreme stress and poverty feeding four helpless children. I am at a loss now as the lawyer for ALLY FINANCIAL send a letter claiming tens of thousands in expenses plus the amount they claim is due. I know I have a case somewhere but this billion dollar company has loved wasting tens of thousands of dollars to ruin my life, a life that has been hard enough as a Educated Hispanic Black Minority Woman caught under the FINANCIAL NOOSE of a Billion dollar ALL WHITE Male (1 white female) led Corporation. (Note: I am not against white people, as my husband is also white.) I have been discriminated against from the beginning, abused, and now getting sued. They even hired an all white legal firm.

I thought I was a citizen of the United States of America, the country with a President who was looking out to stop abuse like this. Is Bankruptcy the only answer, now days?

Most Recent Reviews About Ally Auto

Consumer Comments For Ally Auto

• Geof

They’re a finance company that can’t take payments??? They transferred me to third party company to make a payment, western union speed pay. AND they don’t tell you, but they charge your card as a cash advance. Thankfully mine was declined. Thank you Bank of America. Then they lied to me over the phone saying I would send them a check… The word “check” was never even mentioned. “Payment” is the word that was used… I agreed to the payment. They mand it extremely difficult to make a payment. They had my old address, they closed my account online. I had to wait for them to call me and they’re giving me a hard time about being late. Not only will I never deal with them again. I will never deal with another dealership who uses them as a finance company.

• andrea grima

ally online payment not working for some reason…but they can take your payment over the phone for a fee of 9.89……..another scam they run..!!

• Guest

This company is the worse ever. U try to ask for a manager or supervisor the representative will not allow you to speak to anyone. When you have a representative that is helping u and they give u there ex number and you tell the other Representative u would like to speak to that person because they have your file and no your problems without u having to repeat yourself. All they Representative do is I’m sorry like a dam robot. They don’t get u the help you want. I financial a lots of cars thought banks this one is the WORSE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY VERY VERY BAD. If you want to speak to a manager or supervisor and have there ex. Number they given you and even said call and just give them my ex. Number it shouldn’t be a problem but it is. Very bad. I wish every one the best who deal with this company. I can’t wait to paid off this car. Unbelievable.

• Memi

Phil I am trying to cancel a contract loan that a car dealership financed through Ally I was pre-approved through my FI and made it clear to the dealership this is who I want to finance my car without my consent I have been back to the dealer and even call Manufacturing and I have got no where any ideal on what to do.

• Edward Kujawa

Eric your right I am in same boat when in years gone by you pay a fee and put it in the Capital one is a lot better than Ally

• Edward Kujawa

I asked for a due date they said I couldn’t do that then ok 80 bucks I have never been helped at all they sent me a letter in 2013 or 2014 yes 14 and said we like to help you but bullshit never did nothing at all total ashls in my bookyou cant understand them I thing Ally is outsourcing so as to not pay good people to do thisl

• Edward Kujawa

I am having issues too they never can speak English and you ask them a question and they don’t know what their talking about very upset with the whole thing I heard
    today from a dealer in Rochester that Ally is getting out of the leasing business good ridens

• Jack

Ally commits FRAUD on a regular basis!!! I returned a car 3 months ago that was under the mileage and continue to get bills from ALLY saying i was over mileage by 20000 miles. According to the signed lease that I have that was faxed to ALLY 23 times it states that my allowed mileage was 42524 miles yet Ally says they have on their files that the mileage allowed is 24524. I have spoken to them well over 100 times and submitted copies of the physical lease I signed yet still receive bills and have been reported to the credit agencies. They are nothing but Frauds!!!!!! The Federal Consumer Protection agency should be fining them millions for this fraud!!!!!

• Phil Compton

I’m preparing for a criminal and civil suit against Ally Financial, they have a history of violating the ESRA law most consumer have no knowledge do your homework then press charges. I plan on a class-action for any consumer who felt as thought they were a victim of Ally violating the Uniform Electronic Transaction Act [UETA] and the Electronic Signatures and Records Act.

• “WUT-A-World

So I fell onto hard times after going between jobs, and 3 payments default later I had the full payment but my on-line payment option was actually “BLOCKED!” Right after, and without notice, I found a tow truck hooking up my car at about 4:30 in the morning because my dog was barking. SO my car was repossesed and the repo. people gave me 3 days with an additional astronomical fee of $300.00 tagged onto the payment to get my car out of reposession, or my car and only means of transportation to work would be sold at an auction. Very hateful company which even if I’m on my feet again one day, I will severely avoid acquiring a loan from Ally again! “Wow!’ I guess they really taught me a lesson!

• Ina

Please go to my fb page “consumers defrauded by Ally. Some of the practices are not legal. I would like to share more. If you are interested please go to that page and tag your story there

• peewee

yea still fighting somewhat same,how can we stop them

• Eric West

They are difficult to talk to. I believe this is so they can’t understand what you are requesting. For example, I requested payment arrangements. After a frustrating hour call, I finally agreed to some silly payment schedule that I knew I wasn’t going to be able to commit to. A half payment now then a full payment + an additional half payment 2 weeks later. Then, the normal payment schedule. That’s like 3 payments in less than a month. I couldn’t get them to understand how that did not help me. If someone is struggling, you don’t force them to make 3 payments in less than a month. When I was with Capital One, they let you post the payment to the back of the loan. This is what I was trying to get Ally to do. Yet, here I was struggling with this woman whose accent I couldn’t decipher. She did not understand what I was asking (for putting the payment on the back of the loan). Or, I guess it was because I don’t speak their language which is known as “cha-ching”. The language of money leaving your bank account. But when it’s not there, i’m sure they have well spoken tow truck drivers who know English like they know the route to my house. The point is, these Ally reps are kind but also kind of dumb. Sorry, Ally. Improve yourself. You are not doing much better than GMAC.

• Ina

Please go to my fb page “consumers defrauded by Ally.

• Eric West

i no longer have facebook. :(

• Daw

Ally Financial has the absolute worse customer service. My husband has authorized me too many times to re to obtain information on this account and I get the same runaround. It took them three months to correct an issue with the account and it kept going into collections. I talked to about ten different account representative in a span of 10 months with someone always seeming more than willing to help. I sent the same documents over and over again and one of the documents had an error that they made and wanted me to pay for it. After it was all over with, I had over paid them by one months payments. I absolutely hate dealing with them and this wasn’t even a bad credit loan, just a bad finance company loan.

• Joseph Brougher

I am writing regarding the three late payments 30 day late, payments in June, August and September, 2012 that Ally Auto has reported to Experian, Equifax and Transunion for my account. Talking to the overseas customer service is pointless and not helpful. The Fair Credit Billing Act requires that you bill correctly, that each statement be sent to the correct address, that you not ignore change of address requests, and that you facilitate disputed charges in a manner prescribed by law. The Act also stipulates that you provide lawfully requested information concerning my account upon request in a timely manner.

• R,Johnson

I called to verify that my Husbands account was paid off and I was told I was not authorized -Okay no problem I got My Husband to give Authorization and the Representative tried to add my name to the account and not just as an authorized person on the account and I immediately asked them not to add my name . When I called initially they stated to stay on line for a survey. When I ended the call they cut the Survey off so I could not add any comment. This company seems to be fishy or at least their Customer Service is the worst in the business.

• RJohnson

The incident just happened. Their Customer Service does not understand English and words inferred.
      No problem because Word of Mouth goes much further.

• Merry

I asked for a deferrment on my car loan. The customer service woman could barely speak english and then told me I had to pay a partial payment for the next two months. Because I was from South Dakota it required a signature. When i received the paper work, the payment was placed to the end of loan and nothing due. I signed and faxed back. A month later received a late notice with a late fee. I called and after a long wait told I didn’t owe anything and system updated. Supervisor would call in next 24 hours to explain what happened. Over a week later and still no call. Really poor service

• barbara metz

sent money order 3/2/13 for car payment for march ally claims never received it that one called western union an its never been cashed,never was late with a payment in 6 years fax a copy of money order,havent heard anything yet, called to make sure they got fax never called me back ,said boss was at meeting

• Joanne

Tried to get a paper title to car paid off in 2009. Sent me a release of lien letter and told me to take it to DMV for my title. Cost me $87.75 for a duplicate title. DMV said it issued original title to GMAC (now Ally). I called Ally and requeted my money for the title since it was never sent to me. Got the run around. Asked to speak to a higher authority. They said someone would call back in 3-4 days. STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!