Ally Auto Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: William F Muir - President
Corp Website: ally.com

Ally Auto Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Ally Auto Complaint

Is Ally Auto a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Loans Directory ListingAlly Financial Inc Listing

Title Release From Ally Auto

My husband and I purchased a vehicle in Arizona which we financed through Ally Auto. A year ago we moved to New York . I updated my mailing and billing address with Ally as well as had them fax a copy of the title (with their name as owner since I was still making payments) to the NY DMV so that I could register the vehicle in NY.

A couple of weeks ago I called to make sure that my mailing address was correct since I intended to payoff the loan. I actually called twice to confirm since you cannot see your personal information online. I was told that my NY mailing address was correct.

I waited 2 weeks after making my final payment to confirm that the title had been mailed. I was then informed that the title was released to the Arizona DMV.

I was livid. I was told that I was the co-owner of the vehicle but my husband was the primary owner and since he did not call in to change his address, our original address in Arizona was not changed. The mailing address, billing address and registration address had all been changed to New York. At no point was I told that both my husband and I had to call in a change of address, especially when I called to confirm my mailing address “since I was getting ready to payoff my loan”.

Ally Auto refuses to issue a new title to the correct DMV. AZ DMV will only release the title if I show up in person to sign for it – I no longer live in AZ (neither do I have family in AZ) so Ally has created a huge problem.

I JUST WANT MY TITLE!

To add insult to the whole ordeal, I have called twice now to try to get my title released to NY and have had two different excuses from Ally as to why they sent it to AZ. First time it was because my husband did not call to change his address and the second time I was told that because I purchased the vehicle in AZ, it was sent to the same city that it was purchased. They couldn’t even get their story straight.
I have no idea how I am going to get my title – I have a $30,000 vehicle paid off but I have no title!

Search For More Ally Auto ComplaintsFile a Complaint About Ally Auto

10 Most Recent Ally Auto Complaints

Consumer Comments For Ally Auto

• They are difficult to talk to. I believe this is so they can’t understand what you are requesting. For example, I requested payment arrangements. After a frustrating hour call, I finally agreed to some silly payment schedule that I knew I wasn’t going to be able to commit to. A half payment now then a full payment + an additional half payment 2 weeks later. Then, the normal payment schedule. That’s like 3 payments in less than a month. I couldn’t get them to understand how that did not help me. If someone is struggling, you don’t force them to make 3 payments in less than a month. When I was with Capital One, they let you post the payment to the back of the loan. This is what I was trying to get Ally to do. Yet, here I was struggling with this woman whose accent I couldn’t decipher. She did not understand what I was asking (for putting the payment on the back of the loan). Or, I guess it was because I don’t speak their language which is known as “cha-ching”. The language of money leaving your bank account. But when it’s not there, i’m sure they have well spoken tow truck drivers who know English like they know the route to my house. The point is, these Ally reps are kind but also kind of dumb. Sorry, Ally. Improve yourself. You are not doing much better than GMAC.

• Ally Financial has the absolute worse customer service. My husband has authorized me too many times to re to obtain information on this account and I get the same runaround. It took them three months to correct an issue with the account and it kept going into collections. I talked to about ten different account representative in a span of 10 months with someone always seeming more than willing to help. I sent the same documents over and over again and one of the documents had an error that they made and wanted me to pay for it. After it was all over with, I had over paid them by one months payments. I absolutely hate dealing with them and this wasn’t even a bad credit loan, just a bad finance company loan.

• I am writing regarding the three late payments 30 day late, payments in June, August and September, 2012 that Ally Auto has reported to Experian, Equifax and Transunion for my account. Talking to the overseas customer service is pointless and not helpful. The Fair Credit Billing Act requires that you bill correctly, that each statement be sent to the correct address, that you not ignore change of address requests, and that you facilitate disputed charges in a manner prescribed by law. The Act also stipulates that you provide lawfully requested information concerning my account upon request in a timely manner.

• I called to verify that my Husbands account was paid off and I was told I was not authorized -Okay no problem I got My Husband to give Authorization and the Representative tried to add my name to the account and not just as an authorized person on the account and I immediately asked them not to add my name . When I called initially they stated to stay on line for a survey. When I ended the call they cut the Survey off so I could not add any comment. This company seems to be fishy or at least their Customer Service is the worst in the business.

• The incident just happened. Their Customer Service does not understand English and words inferred.
      No problem because Word of Mouth goes much further.

• I asked for a deferrment on my car loan. The customer service woman could barely speak english and then told me I had to pay a partial payment for the next two months. Because I was from South Dakota it required a signature. When i received the paper work, the payment was placed to the end of loan and nothing due. I signed and faxed back. A month later received a late notice with a late fee. I called and after a long wait told I didn’t owe anything and system updated. Supervisor would call in next 24 hours to explain what happened. Over a week later and still no call. Really poor service

• sent money order 3/2/13 for car payment for march ally claims never received it that one called western union an its never been cashed,never was late with a payment in 6 years fax a copy of money order,havent heard anything yet, called to make sure they got fax never called me back ,said boss was at meeting

• Tried to get a paper title to car paid off in 2009. Sent me a release of lien letter and told me to take it to DMV for my title. Cost me $87.75 for a duplicate title. DMV said it issued original title to GMAC (now Ally). I called Ally and requeted my money for the title since it was never sent to me. Got the run around. Asked to speak to a higher authority. They said someone would call back in 3-4 days. STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!