Ally Auto Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Corp Website: ally.com

Ally Auto Ratings and Reports

Latest Ally Auto Complaint

Ally is Unprofessional and Borderline Unethical

I have tried to get a car lease swap and unfortunately Ally holds the loan. The original person who tried to get the swap on Swapalease.com dropped out….. I am second person trying to take over the loan.

They “lost” our paperwork for a week and a half after I both faxed and mailed the information as per their recommendation. When I called to check on the process they said that they get over 150 of these per day so it’s only understandable that a few “fall through the cracks” This was their customer service agents explanation. We (myself and the lease transferee) asked politely if they could expedite our paperwork and were met with a polite but firm “no”. The actual check of my credit rating and approval took all of 3 weeks. I have been through this process with Bank of America and they require 3 days.

I was approved, and paperwork was shipped off to the other party, then from there, to me. I called to let the office know I could not read the lease agreement. They had sent copies that were 50%the size of the standard hard copy. I guess they need to save paper. I told them I could not read it and they said they would try to re-send to my fax number. This was a Friday before a holiday weekend. Nothing sent. I called back on Tuesday after the holiday, they said that they couldn’t send it because I did not own the account. Funny, I am the one mailing the check for $600 to them and will be the future account holder. Also, the paper work had “for Carol” written in on the top. So they couldn’t/wouldn’t re-send a legible copy of a legal document. They then said I could have the account holder authorize them to do this, only after I had requested a supervisor 3 times and was finally given one. I drove to work after the seller called them, and still no fax. I called back and they were able to fax a blank page to me. I was told they couldn’t do it. What kind of financial institution expects you to sign paperwork when the hard copy is 1/2 the size of the original. I called them back and asked another question and was told that everyone in that department was at lunch. Next thing I know the seller calls me and said they couldn’t talk to me any longer.

All communications had to be through him. He was half way able to explain why they were charging an additional $413. Bill to me, but why couldn’t Ally explain this? It is their fee, and I am the one who has to pay it So obviously, they were lying about everyone being at lunch, and no one wanted to talk to me. Customer service is spotty, some people seemed to be on the ball, but phone calls are passed from one person or department on to another. There is very little accountability. Whenever I complained they offered to stop the loan transfer as though they didn’t want the added work. No one ever called to try to iron out things even though I was very obviously upset. No grievance procedure. No attempts to be helpful, and no attempts to solve problems, even though it was their company which instigated the problem. It is July 8, 2014 and we started this process on June 3rd….. and there is still no end in sight.

See More Ally Auto Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is Ally Auto a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Ally Auto

Consumer Comments For Ally Auto

• Ally Financial has the absolute worse customer service. My husband has authorized me too many times to re to obtain information on this account and I get the same runaround. It took them three months to correct an issue with the account and it kept going into collections. I talked to about ten different account representative in a span of 10 months with someone always seeming more than willing to help. I sent the same documents over and over again and one of the documents had an error that they made and wanted me to pay for it. After it was all over with, I had over paid them by one months payments. I absolutely hate dealing with them and this wasn’t even a bad credit loan, just a bad finance company loan.

• I am writing regarding the three late payments 30 day late, payments in June, August and September, 2012 that Ally Auto has reported to Experian, Equifax and Transunion for my account. Talking to the overseas customer service is pointless and not helpful. The Fair Credit Billing Act requires that you bill correctly, that each statement be sent to the correct address, that you not ignore change of address requests, and that you facilitate disputed charges in a manner prescribed by law. The Act also stipulates that you provide lawfully requested information concerning my account upon request in a timely manner.

• I called to verify that my Husbands account was paid off and I was told I was not authorized -Okay no problem I got My Husband to give Authorization and the Representative tried to add my name to the account and not just as an authorized person on the account and I immediately asked them not to add my name . When I called initially they stated to stay on line for a survey. When I ended the call they cut the Survey off so I could not add any comment. This company seems to be fishy or at least their Customer Service is the worst in the business.

• The incident just happened. Their Customer Service does not understand English and words inferred.
      No problem because Word of Mouth goes much further.

• I asked for a deferrment on my car loan. The customer service woman could barely speak english and then told me I had to pay a partial payment for the next two months. Because I was from South Dakota it required a signature. When i received the paper work, the payment was placed to the end of loan and nothing due. I signed and faxed back. A month later received a late notice with a late fee. I called and after a long wait told I didn’t owe anything and system updated. Supervisor would call in next 24 hours to explain what happened. Over a week later and still no call. Really poor service

• sent money order 3/2/13 for car payment for march ally claims never received it that one called western union an its never been cashed,never was late with a payment in 6 years fax a copy of money order,havent heard anything yet, called to make sure they got fax never called me back ,said boss was at meeting

• Tried to get a paper title to car paid off in 2009. Sent me a release of lien letter and told me to take it to DMV for my title. Cost me $87.75 for a duplicate title. DMV said it issued original title to GMAC (now Ally). I called Ally and requeted my money for the title since it was never sent to me. Got the run around. Asked to speak to a higher authority. They said someone would call back in 3-4 days. STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!