Kitchen Advance

Corp Website: kitchenadvance.com

Kitchen Advance Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Kitchen Advance Complaint

Rip off Artists

So Im going through my biz account taking a look at the charges and I come across a charge for 19.95 USD from MBM then another 9.95 USD from Kavie Copie and another from RMC for 17.85, these have been charged since Sept 2013, every month. I have no idea what they are so I googled Kavie copie and found that the company is an online company I bought a non working Vacuum sealer from. Little did I know they were charging me for the last 10 months about 60.00 USD a month! OMG!

So I called them, and had to pay the international long distance rate cuz Im calling from overseas. At first the person I talked to said it was subscription that I unknowingly signed up for and she would cancel this months charges. I said ok, and left it so. Then as I did more research on my account I found the other charges and googled them, the charges were all tied in to the same company.

So as my blood boiled I called again, @ 2.00 per min USD to complain, I said I want my money back one time, the guy says I can only refund one month, I said I want to speak to a supervisor, then the supervisor says I can refund 3 months, I said no I want it all refunded she says hold on. She came back and said I will refund 6 months, I said NO NO NO, if u can do 6 months u can do it all. And after a little yelling and complaining she refunded all the money except for the vacuum sealer, which turned out not to be 10.00 USD but rather 17.85 USD a month for 3 months for a machine that doesn’t work.

I was really mad at them, and ended up laying my case clear, so I was refunded all but the 17.85 USD which was 53.55 USD. GRRRR but I said fine, I bought the item it didn’t work, Im so far away it would cost more to return it than to eat the charge so I did. I ended up being refunded 310.00 USD for all the hidden subscription charges. They said it was a cooking program, and recipe access, blah blah blah, and once I told them Im a Chef, they decided to refund all the subscription charges. HA!

I was very angry and violated so I gave them a piece of my mind, got my refund and asked for a letter in writing guaranteeing no more charges would be applied to my account.

See More Kitchen Advance Complaints View Comments About Kitchen Advance File a Complaint About Kitchen Advance

Is Kitchen Advance a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Customer Reviews About Kitchen Advance

Consumer Comments For Kitchen Advance

• I have also been scammed by this company. My Herb garden is costing me $9.95/month and I cant contact the company to stop this!! Does anyone have a phone#

• also got caught in this scam. I bought one of their 2 bit battery operated vac sealer pieces of crap through an add. One of those wait… buy one and get a second on free deals. Never did get the second one even though I paid shipping for it. The one I got couldn’t suck a hair off a table. I sent in my comment and asked to have it replaced or $$ back. Never received a call. Just last week I noticed the RMC seal bag charge of $9.995 per month and the MBM charge of $19.95 per month. I purchased the junk sealer last summer (2013). I am away from home and my Visa statements, but assume I have been charged ever since. My estimate of total scam would be approx. $209.30 US which translates to substantially more in Canadian funds. BEWARE of this company

• ORDERED GOURMET SEASONINGS UNDER NAME OF RMC GOURMET COOKING. THE SEASONING WAS $3.95 NO SHIPPING. SEASONING IS GOOD, BUT I RECEIVED A BILL FOR $9.95 A MONTH LATER AND 2 MORE CHARGES THE NEXT MONTH FOR $9.95 EACH. EACH TIME THEY BILLED VISA THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME, MBM GOURMET COOKING THEN JBEI GOURMET COOKING. THEY GO UNDER SEVERAL NAMES PROBABLY TO THROW OFF THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES. I HAVE CONTACTED THEM AND THEY PLAY GAMES…ULTIMATELY STATING THEY ARE GOING TO REFUND PART OF IT.

• Hello,

I live in Belgium and was so stupid to order a book and then I clicked next and next (I din’t see the tiny button skip all offers) so I ended up with 4 paperbackbooks with no address of the sender on it. So I could not send them back. Now RMC GOURMET COOKING takes every month money of my account. Also MBM GOURMET COOKING and JBEI GOURMET REWARD take money from my account. I don’t have the address of this company. If you have it, can you mail it to me? How did you get rid of them? I was thinking to cancel my creditcard but I’m afraid they will bill me afterwards ( with a process-server of with a lawsuit…). Thank you very much for your help

• SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE. I ORDERED TWO MEAT THERMOMETERS AT 9.95 EACH WITH FREE SHIPPING. THE ORDER COME AND THERE ARE THREE THERMOMETERS, A SCALE AND, A TIMER, WHICH I DID NOT ORDER. CALLED AND THEY SAID I DID ORDER THEM AFTER I PUT MY CREDIT CARD # IN THE COMPUTER. I TOLD THEM I DID NOT ORDER THEM ONLY THE TWO THERMOMETERS. THEY CHARGED OVER 11.00 SHIPPING AND PROCESSING WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE SHIPPING. NEVER GOT AN INVOICE. TOLD HER I WANTED ONE BECAUSE I NEVER ORDERED THE OTHER THINGS AND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I GOT THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF CREDIT FOR THEM. THE INVOICE CAME AND IT JUST HAS THE THREE THINGS LISTED AND A CHARGE OF 90.54, THEY ARE NOT LISTED SINGLY.

I AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, ESPECIALLY AFTER READING ALL THESE COMMENTS. WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT ANY OTHER LEGITIMATE COMPANY WOULD ASSOCIATE THEIR NAME WITH THIS COMPANY.

• My experience with this company seems to match those of all the customers above with "rip-off" complaints. If you value your money and time and equanimity, be warned!

• I wish I had seen this site 3 weeks ago. They advertise free gifts, don’t send them, then tell you they would be more than happy to send them out for $9.95. What a ripoff!!! They didn’t supply an invoice. I think the charges were higher that they should have but have no invoice to verify that. Got me once, never again!!!

• WHO KNOWS THE ADDRESS IN ARIZ. TO RETURN STUFF YOU NEVER ORDER,HAPPENED TO ME LATELY. THEY SAID I USED MY CREDIT CARD AND OWNED 89.55CENTS. I WAS DUMB ENOUGH TO ORDER THE TIMER AT $5.95. THRU MR.FOOD. NEVER ORDERED A THING ELSE. MISPLACED THE ADDRESS THE OTHER DAY TO DO RETURNS. HELP SOON.

• anyone have the address inARIZ.for returns? I misplaced mine the other day.Want to return this expensive $89,55 pkg. I never opened.from KAVI.They said I did other day after I got the 5.95. timer and their e-mail didn’t send invoice,told me I had items coming for 89.55cents..I COULD HAVE SCREAMED.HELP?

• I CALLED TODAY TO GET SOME MORE SEAL N FRESH QUART BAGS. I WAS TOLD WHEN I ORDERED BOTH OF THESE UNITS THAT REPLACEMANT BAGS WOULD ALWAYS BE FREE. NOW THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $4.95 PROCESSING AND $9.95 A MONTH FOR THE BAGS, NO WAY

• Unauthorized charges
    I had been looking everywhere for an inexpensive kitchen torch. When I found them at the company, the price was so good that I ordered 2. A few weeks later, I noticed on my statement that I have been charged for another shipment that included 2 more torches, a scale, a timer, and one other item. I contacted the company and told them that I did not order those items and I would be sending them back. Once they arrived, I opened them and decided to keep them. Now, today, I look at my statement it it shows another charge for $29.50. I HAVE NOT ORDERED ANYTHING FROM THEM EXCEPT THE KITCHEN TORCHES….and that total was $11 and change. Now, I have a third order for who knows what. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE…..IT IS A RIPOFF!

• I also ordered the cutting boards which was supposed to include two boards and two cutting knives. Only one board was shipped. Clearly it was fraudulent advertising.

• Found my cc being billed every month by this company and I have never ordered from them that I know of.
    How do I get rid of them.

• I ordered a grilling cookbook from this company. I payed with a prepaid debit card. Two months later the fraud control at my bank called to ask if I had authorized an additional payment of 29.95 (app) from my card to this company. I declined payment. I looked up the company online and called. I was told that the cookbook offer came with a subscription to a cooking magazine, which I had not opted to take and that since I had called within the alloted time to decline the offer it would be cancelled. Since then I have received two emails threatening to take further action if I did not attend to this matter immediately. I will call them tomorrow and explain to them that if they continue to harass me, I will turn this over to my personal attorney. They are a nasty bunch to deal with. DON"T MESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!

• I ordered 2 cookbooks and a meat thermometer, supposed to be 9.95 each with free shipping, they took money from my account to the tune of $30 each month for THREE months.
    I had to cancel my debit card and get a new one to prevent them from fleecing me to death.

STAY AWAY, RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!

• I ordered the herb snipping shears, responding to an ad from Taste of Home, for $3.95, with free shipping. I got a box with the shears and 3 other "free" items….no packing slip, no invoice. I was concerned, so tried to get an invoice. After 3 weeks of trying to get in touch with them, I finally got an Emailed invoice….for over $90! I had expected to pay $3.95. When I finally got a call from a rep, she said that the 3 items were on trial and that I should return them within 30 days for a refund. We did that yesterday, at a cost of over $11, and we had already been charge $11+, apparently for shipping the unwanted items. I wish I had read these comments firsr, but I trusted Taste of Home. I really consider this company a ripoff and have already advised Facebook friends not to patronize them.

• I called them to find out what I was supposed to have ordered. The $3.95 cookbook ended up costing almost $16.00 with shipping and handling. Three other books were included (that I didn’t order ) and they were to cost me an additional 60.00 if I kept them over 30 days. I am sending them back even after they offered a $15.00 discount. Evidently it was a monthly charge besides. To bad you can’t trust anyone anymore. Once burnt twice shy. Never again!!.

• I hear you, they are a huge scam!

I got 2 cookbooks and a meat thermometer, supposed to be 9.95, with free shipping, they took money from my account to the tune of $30 each month for THREE months. After the second withdrawal from my debit card, I contacted them they assured me that the second payment was the last one.. wrong.

You can’t buy a toothpick there without ending up with them continuing to take money out of your bank. I had to cancel my debit card and get a new one, they have an excuse for every bill. I just got off the phone with them, but when I called I got someone from a smoking company who transferred me to the KAVI, it is a phone center,

the company itself does not talk to us.

STAY AWAY, RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!
      I am on disability, I can’t afford tthat much for paperback cookbooks.

• I purchased herb shears from Kitchen Advance after receiving a special offer by email from Taste of Home magazine. They were supposed to be $3.95 plus free shipping. I was very careful not to purchase anything else or select a different shipping method while wading through all the ads I had to in order to place my order. Looking back, that should have been a clue to me that the company was trying to rip me off.
    When I received my order it included, not only my shears but two more items I did not purchase. I checked my credit card statement and discovered I had been charged $39.90. I promptly called the company and was put through to a customer service rep. When I asked about my order, I was told that I had ordered the shears but the other two items were one month trial items I had requested that were sent for me to try for $1. So my total bill was $4.95 plus $34.95 in shipping.
    When I told the rep that I was supposed to get free shipping and never ordered the extra items, she told me that the shipping charges were not refundable, but I could send the items back and get a refund on the shears and then I would not be charged for the other items.
    I told her that was completely unacceptable; I was not going to pay $35 for items I did not want or purchase and I was definitely not going to pay to ship them back! The rep told me she was sorry but that was their policy so I asked to talk to her supervisor. All her supervisors were, of course, busy so I asked to talk to the owner. I was told that she would see what she could do and then put on hold.
    Finally, she came back and said I could wait for a supervisor, which I did, for about 10-15 min. The supervisor gave me the same explanation about the shipping charges and we argued about it until I told her that I was going to report them to the Better Business Bureau and we could go to court if I did not get a full refund. She then assured me that we could get something worked out and she was going to send me a return shipping label, reverse the shipping charges on my credit card and then would give me a full refund once they received the return products. But I was welcome to keep the shears and only be charged the $3.95 if I would like.
    I have not yet received the shipping label; she said I would get it in 24 hours or I could call back. I certainly hope I don’t have to do that and that they honor what she said. I will be sending the herb shears back with the other items as I do not want this company to have even a dime of mine!

• i JUST GOT AN E-MAIL FROM THEM STATING THEY COULDN’T FILL MY ORDER DUE TO MY vISA CARD WAS DECLINED , i NEVER ORDERED ANYTHING FROM THEM