Kitchen Advance Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Corp Website: kitchenadvance.com

Kitchen Advance Ratings and Reports

Latest Kitchen Advance Complaint

$3.00 Herb Garden cost me $36.00

I ordered an herb garden from one of the sites I get ideas from, but apparently they go off site for their advertising.

RMC Gourmet Cooking offered herb bombs to make your cooking fabulous. What they didn’t say or maybe they did in the teeny tiny print that no one can read is that they would send you something else you did not order and then charge you for it.

I guess you had 10 days to return the item, mine was a knife and cutting board or be charged 40.00.  I told them I didn’t want it and they said the most they could do was give me a 10.00 credit but I would still owe the 29.95.

They could charge my checking account because I gave my card number to order in the first place.

They then tried to sell me cook books. Unbelievable!!!

See More Kitchen Advance Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is Kitchen Advance a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Kitchen Advance

Consumer Comments For Kitchen Advance

• I have also been scammed by this company. My Herb garden is costing me $9.95/month and I cant contact the company to stop this!! Does anyone have a phone#

• also got caught in this scam. I bought one of their 2 bit battery operated vac sealer pieces of crap through an add. One of those wait… buy one and get a second on free deals. Never did get the second one even though I paid shipping for it. The one I got couldn’t suck a hair off a table. I sent in my comment and asked to have it replaced or $$ back. Never received a call. Just last week I noticed the RMC seal bag charge of $9.995 per month and the MBM charge of $19.95 per month. I purchased the junk sealer last summer (2013). I am away from home and my Visa statements, but assume I have been charged ever since. My estimate of total scam would be approx. $209.30 US which translates to substantially more in Canadian funds. BEWARE of this company

• ORDERED GOURMET SEASONINGS UNDER NAME OF RMC GOURMET COOKING. THE SEASONING WAS $3.95 NO SHIPPING. SEASONING IS GOOD, BUT I RECEIVED A BILL FOR $9.95 A MONTH LATER AND 2 MORE CHARGES THE NEXT MONTH FOR $9.95 EACH. EACH TIME THEY BILLED VISA THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME, MBM GOURMET COOKING THEN JBEI GOURMET COOKING. THEY GO UNDER SEVERAL NAMES PROBABLY TO THROW OFF THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES. I HAVE CONTACTED THEM AND THEY PLAY GAMES…ULTIMATELY STATING THEY ARE GOING TO REFUND PART OF IT.

• Hello,

I live in Belgium and was so stupid to order a book and then I clicked next and next (I din’t see the tiny button skip all offers) so I ended up with 4 paperbackbooks with no address of the sender on it. So I could not send them back. Now RMC GOURMET COOKING takes every month money of my account. Also MBM GOURMET COOKING and JBEI GOURMET REWARD take money from my account. I don’t have the address of this company. If you have it, can you mail it to me? How did you get rid of them? I was thinking to cancel my creditcard but I’m afraid they will bill me afterwards ( with a process-server of with a lawsuit…). Thank you very much for your help

• SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE. I ORDERED TWO MEAT THERMOMETERS AT 9.95 EACH WITH FREE SHIPPING. THE ORDER COME AND THERE ARE THREE THERMOMETERS, A SCALE AND, A TIMER, WHICH I DID NOT ORDER. CALLED AND THEY SAID I DID ORDER THEM AFTER I PUT MY CREDIT CARD # IN THE COMPUTER. I TOLD THEM I DID NOT ORDER THEM ONLY THE TWO THERMOMETERS. THEY CHARGED OVER 11.00 SHIPPING AND PROCESSING WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE SHIPPING. NEVER GOT AN INVOICE. TOLD HER I WANTED ONE BECAUSE I NEVER ORDERED THE OTHER THINGS AND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I GOT THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF CREDIT FOR THEM. THE INVOICE CAME AND IT JUST HAS THE THREE THINGS LISTED AND A CHARGE OF 90.54, THEY ARE NOT LISTED SINGLY.

I AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, ESPECIALLY AFTER READING ALL THESE COMMENTS. WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT ANY OTHER LEGITIMATE COMPANY WOULD ASSOCIATE THEIR NAME WITH THIS COMPANY.

• My experience with this company seems to match those of all the customers above with "rip-off" complaints. If you value your money and time and equanimity, be warned!

• I wish I had seen this site 3 weeks ago. They advertise free gifts, don’t send them, then tell you they would be more than happy to send them out for $9.95. What a ripoff!!! They didn’t supply an invoice. I think the charges were higher that they should have but have no invoice to verify that. Got me once, never again!!!

• WHO KNOWS THE ADDRESS IN ARIZ. TO RETURN STUFF YOU NEVER ORDER,HAPPENED TO ME LATELY. THEY SAID I USED MY CREDIT CARD AND OWNED 89.55CENTS. I WAS DUMB ENOUGH TO ORDER THE TIMER AT $5.95. THRU MR.FOOD. NEVER ORDERED A THING ELSE. MISPLACED THE ADDRESS THE OTHER DAY TO DO RETURNS. HELP SOON.

• anyone have the address inARIZ.for returns? I misplaced mine the other day.Want to return this expensive $89,55 pkg. I never opened.from KAVI.They said I did other day after I got the 5.95. timer and their e-mail didn’t send invoice,told me I had items coming for 89.55cents..I COULD HAVE SCREAMED.HELP?

• I CALLED TODAY TO GET SOME MORE SEAL N FRESH QUART BAGS. I WAS TOLD WHEN I ORDERED BOTH OF THESE UNITS THAT REPLACEMANT BAGS WOULD ALWAYS BE FREE. NOW THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $4.95 PROCESSING AND $9.95 A MONTH FOR THE BAGS, NO WAY

• Unauthorized charges
    I had been looking everywhere for an inexpensive kitchen torch. When I found them at the company, the price was so good that I ordered 2. A few weeks later, I noticed on my statement that I have been charged for another shipment that included 2 more torches, a scale, a timer, and one other item. I contacted the company and told them that I did not order those items and I would be sending them back. Once they arrived, I opened them and decided to keep them. Now, today, I look at my statement it it shows another charge for $29.50. I HAVE NOT ORDERED ANYTHING FROM THEM EXCEPT THE KITCHEN TORCHES….and that total was $11 and change. Now, I have a third order for who knows what. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE…..IT IS A RIPOFF!

• I also ordered the cutting boards which was supposed to include two boards and two cutting knives. Only one board was shipped. Clearly it was fraudulent advertising.

• Found my cc being billed every month by this company and I have never ordered from them that I know of.
    How do I get rid of them.

• I ordered a grilling cookbook from this company. I payed with a prepaid debit card. Two months later the fraud control at my bank called to ask if I had authorized an additional payment of 29.95 (app) from my card to this company. I declined payment. I looked up the company online and called. I was told that the cookbook offer came with a subscription to a cooking magazine, which I had not opted to take and that since I had called within the alloted time to decline the offer it would be cancelled. Since then I have received two emails threatening to take further action if I did not attend to this matter immediately. I will call them tomorrow and explain to them that if they continue to harass me, I will turn this over to my personal attorney. They are a nasty bunch to deal with. DON"T MESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!

• I ordered 2 cookbooks and a meat thermometer, supposed to be 9.95 each with free shipping, they took money from my account to the tune of $30 each month for THREE months.
    I had to cancel my debit card and get a new one to prevent them from fleecing me to death.

STAY AWAY, RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!

• I ordered the herb snipping shears, responding to an ad from Taste of Home, for $3.95, with free shipping. I got a box with the shears and 3 other "free" items….no packing slip, no invoice. I was concerned, so tried to get an invoice. After 3 weeks of trying to get in touch with them, I finally got an Emailed invoice….for over $90! I had expected to pay $3.95. When I finally got a call from a rep, she said that the 3 items were on trial and that I should return them within 30 days for a refund. We did that yesterday, at a cost of over $11, and we had already been charge $11+, apparently for shipping the unwanted items. I wish I had read these comments firsr, but I trusted Taste of Home. I really consider this company a ripoff and have already advised Facebook friends not to patronize them.

• I called them to find out what I was supposed to have ordered. The $3.95 cookbook ended up costing almost $16.00 with shipping and handling. Three other books were included (that I didn’t order ) and they were to cost me an additional 60.00 if I kept them over 30 days. I am sending them back even after they offered a $15.00 discount. Evidently it was a monthly charge besides. To bad you can’t trust anyone anymore. Once burnt twice shy. Never again!!.

• I hear you, they are a huge scam!

I got 2 cookbooks and a meat thermometer, supposed to be 9.95, with free shipping, they took money from my account to the tune of $30 each month for THREE months. After the second withdrawal from my debit card, I contacted them they assured me that the second payment was the last one.. wrong.

You can’t buy a toothpick there without ending up with them continuing to take money out of your bank. I had to cancel my debit card and get a new one, they have an excuse for every bill. I just got off the phone with them, but when I called I got someone from a smoking company who transferred me to the KAVI, it is a phone center,

the company itself does not talk to us.

STAY AWAY, RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!
      I am on disability, I can’t afford tthat much for paperback cookbooks.

• I purchased herb shears from Kitchen Advance after receiving a special offer by email from Taste of Home magazine. They were supposed to be $3.95 plus free shipping. I was very careful not to purchase anything else or select a different shipping method while wading through all the ads I had to in order to place my order. Looking back, that should have been a clue to me that the company was trying to rip me off.
    When I received my order it included, not only my shears but two more items I did not purchase. I checked my credit card statement and discovered I had been charged $39.90. I promptly called the company and was put through to a customer service rep. When I asked about my order, I was told that I had ordered the shears but the other two items were one month trial items I had requested that were sent for me to try for $1. So my total bill was $4.95 plus $34.95 in shipping.
    When I told the rep that I was supposed to get free shipping and never ordered the extra items, she told me that the shipping charges were not refundable, but I could send the items back and get a refund on the shears and then I would not be charged for the other items.
    I told her that was completely unacceptable; I was not going to pay $35 for items I did not want or purchase and I was definitely not going to pay to ship them back! The rep told me she was sorry but that was their policy so I asked to talk to her supervisor. All her supervisors were, of course, busy so I asked to talk to the owner. I was told that she would see what she could do and then put on hold.
    Finally, she came back and said I could wait for a supervisor, which I did, for about 10-15 min. The supervisor gave me the same explanation about the shipping charges and we argued about it until I told her that I was going to report them to the Better Business Bureau and we could go to court if I did not get a full refund. She then assured me that we could get something worked out and she was going to send me a return shipping label, reverse the shipping charges on my credit card and then would give me a full refund once they received the return products. But I was welcome to keep the shears and only be charged the $3.95 if I would like.
    I have not yet received the shipping label; she said I would get it in 24 hours or I could call back. I certainly hope I don’t have to do that and that they honor what she said. I will be sending the herb shears back with the other items as I do not want this company to have even a dime of mine!

• i JUST GOT AN E-MAIL FROM THEM STATING THEY COULDN’T FILL MY ORDER DUE TO MY vISA CARD WAS DECLINED , i NEVER ORDERED ANYTHING FROM THEM