AtLink WiFi Complaints & Reviews

Most Recent AtLink WiFi Complaints

Is AtLink WiFi a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Internet Service Providers Directory ListingResponse From Company

Horrible Service All The Way

My family out here in Bridge Creek area had At Link Internet is the only Internet provider at this time. We had them for less than a year. The entire time we literally had to turn our router on and off just to have a few minutes of service. We called them hundreds of times begging for help. But they did want their money each month for nothing.

So and I spoke to tech support and billing numerous times to no avail. We never had true service, Internet. They didn’t know what to do. But they should. My so spoke to tech support for 8 hours one day to get help and they had him buy a $100.00 router and still they didn’t know what to do. They sent me a bill for $300 for a phone call! I have never experienced such a horrible company. I asked for the corporate number. They refused. Then asked for their owner to call and he didn’t.

We have been discriminated against. They hang up on my son and I. I have read the other complaints here and my entire neighborhood is ready to get rid of them! They are awful. Even Pioneer telephone employees said Atlink stole their tower.

So yes I am ready with 100’s of people to take these jokers to court. Run them out of Oklahoma.

Official Responses from AtLink WiFi

By: Lance MAXEY On: January 5, 2016

Response from Lance MAXEY – Marketing Director at AtLink

Hello,
I am writing in response to your complaint, I am sorry you do not feel that your getting speeds you want. The Tuttle/Bridge Creek area was hit by a tornado and as you know getting to towers for repair. AtLink is a no contract service, and we have spent several millions of dollars upgrading your the Tuttle Market. Please visit www,tuttlefiber.com, this will provide you with a few details about the recent project AtLink is working with the city on.

Please feel free to email me directly.
Lance Maxey

Most Recent AtLink WiFi Reviews

Consumer Comments For AtLink WiFi

• person who hates bad service

We had just recently moved when we got Atlink. After having it for quite some time of using it I give it a 1/10. It has slow speeds, and is very unreliable. A POE has to be replaced, or a new router is needed about every other time it rains at all. During overcast, fog, or storms, the internet speed is often cut in half or not working at all. Also, at least somebody working at Atlink must be incompetent. We prepaid for a Line drop in our house so that i didn’t have to be right next to the router for my laptop to get a signal. We scheduled that, and they said that they would come out in 3 weeks (which itself is very bad service), but around the same time we had to replace a POE. We picked it up, and the internet started working again. Although SOMEHOW they thought that us replacing a POE resolved our issue of needing a line drop! How anyone comes to that conclusion blows my mind! Do they only hire people who are stupid and inexperienced? I honestly think if they fired their whole staff and hired just me, their customers would have a much better time. Then after they said that that mistake was made, they rescheduled us for 2 weeks later. I don’t expect them to remember. I plan on cancelling our service with them the second they do what we asked them to do (and paid for) over 3 weeks ago. If you are reading this and are thinking of getting Atlink, DO NOT. You will be disappointed, and given excuses on why their connection speeds or their service is absolute trash, and I’m sure if this gets a reply it will be all excuses that jump around the fact that their speed, their reliability, their service, is utter garbage.

• shane paxton

Of course the internet is down again tonight. Recently I got back around to the “it’s your equipment” excuses and they come out and do some fixes and a soon as the guy leaves it goes down. It’s went down several times in the last 2 weeks after the guy came out. The guy coming out to supposedly fix the equipment made absolutely no difference at all. Same s****y atlink service.

I make my living online and my business has taken a huge hit because of atlink. My sales are down, customer retention is down and it’s all because the dang internet is always going down and I can’t get nothing done.

If there is a cloud in the sky = Good chance your service slows down to a crawl

If there are multiple clouds = Good chance you will lose service completely

If it rains any at all = You will lose service completely

If the wind blows =

If it’s sunny = you get the idea

A tech on the phone told me “sites like speakeasy and speedtest.net ect.. give fake results. Guess what the supervisor used to test my speeds when he came out for the service call…speakeasy.net

Atlinks favorite lines…

“I did a test and you are getting the correct speeds…” The test they do is the one that gives unrealistic and inaccurate results.

“A tornado hit our tower…” Atlink has the worst luck with tornados for some reason…

“Lightening hit our tower…” Same thing… they get hit by lightening a lot.

“We don’t see a problem…” I just enjoy calling and talking to these techs on the phone so much…

Just horrible

• Jared Burkhart

Currently have .81 download and .12 upload and 417Ms that’s what we pay for lol.

• Jared Burkhart

For instance right now we had a little rain this morning and now the Internet is complete trash just from a little rain shower.

• Jared Burkhart

Atlink is terrible ALL I get when calling customer support is the same old stuff try unplugging this and that and oh that didn’t work? Sorry I’ll send it up to the techs when they come in I’m over here like then who the heck are you?? Terrible service I have bad Internet about 7 days out of the month might not seem that bad to some people but I play games and would like to enjoy my time on them when I have it.

• Kevin

Shane Atlink did lie to you. I live within spitting distance of the bixby tower and the service goes down during all rain not just heavy rain as a matter of fact it also goes down every sunday evening.

• shane paxton

I have to hurry and add this before I lose my signal. The one reason I switched to atlink from satellite was signal reliability. Atlink told me that their service is not affected by rain, clouds ect… I was told specifically that the only weather related issue that could be a problem was heavy fog. Well, that was a complete lie.

• Reply AtLink

Shane, I am sorry feel that you were lied to. Certainly rain in the amounts of 6″ in an hour could cause for some rain fade. Heavy rain and Tornados that your area has received over the past several months has caused damage to several of the towers and equipment on the towers. Looks like we re-aligned your antenna on the 28th. Please let tech support know if your still having concerns or email us at info@atlink.net.

• shane paxton

It’s not a feeling. You guys make so many excuses as to what’s wrong with the service that you can’t keep it straight.

It doesn’t matter if it’s raining, a tornado or if it’s nice and sunny, the service always goes down. I’ve been letting you guys know about my concerns on a consistent basis and yet I don’t even get 1 mb upload or download. I get kilobytes.

Supposedly you guys had a bad part on the tower in Blanchard that supposedly you were going to fix 2 days ago. Then you were going to fix it yesterday. You guys haven’t even been out to your tower. My business is completely shut down and I’m waiting for you guys to get out here to fix it and then I call tonight and get told “the tech and tower crew already went home for the day…and we don’t know what is wrong. I’ll send a note.”

That’s you guys favorite line. “I’ll send a note…”. Quit sending notes and get something done.

• Jared Burkhart

^^^^^^ guy just said it all

• shane paxton

This is just an update to my comment below. I had many people tell me “Just wait!!” and it turns out they were right and all of you here are right.

The service started out ok but then it went downhill in a hurry. Over the last month I’ve had problem after problem. After having problems with other internet companies, I decided to get a setup that monitors and records every aspect of my signal. It logs performance data 24 hrs a day. I did this so these people can’t say “Well, we did a speed test and it looks fine…”. So basically, I have the same on screen info that the tech support guys have. I see what they can see and probably more.

The main problem is not with anyone’s equipment or “line of sight”. The problems start much sooner and it’s very obvious. The way this system is setup it will be virtually impossible to get any kind of consistent service.

I recommend that you get some kind of software that will data log all of your network performance and that means being able to follow your signal as it hits each “hop”. When you see this its very easy to see where the problems are.

My speeds will go up to 4 mps very rarely and then immediately go down to 1 or maybe 2 mbs. Then it will jump to 3 mbs and back down. I have the largest package which is 6 download and 6 upload. Over the last month my average speed is below 3.

Now, here is the thing about that average speed. Don’t confuse “average” with “consistent” which atlink will do. I’m sure you can imagine a consistent 3 mbs speed would be better then an average of 3 mbs.

Why? if you had a consistent 3 at least you would have something but when it’s consistently jumping up and down and even completely no signal at all well, that’s no good at all.

Using the internet requires consistent performance and I don’t think atlink can provide that or really I know that they can’t provide that.

If they prove me wrong then so be it. I’ll come back and tell you they proved me wrong.

• shane paxton

I don’t know but I’ve had pioneer which was horrible and satellite which was over priced and horrible and atlink has been the best by far. I’m in Blanchard. Been with them for about 2 years now and only been down maybe 1 time for no more then 15 minutes.

Support for the times I’ve called them have been very helpful so I don’t know if I’ve just been lucky or what but my experience with atlink has been the opposite of what I see here.

• Larery Atkinson

Getting downloads speeds of 2.97 Mbs with AtLink but when try to download book told me one day eighteen hours to download Same computer connected to Verizon card at 4.2 Mbs downloaded same book in 11 minutes. Explanation was that Verizon uses download booster that AtLink does not have. Suggested that I upgrade service. Maybe that would reduce download time to just 24 hours!

• A.T.

I’ve been with At Link for several years now and fortunately have received fairly decent, though occasionally inconsistent connection speeds and support. Now however I have been unable to send email to most of my contacts for over 2 months. Numerous calls have yielded various reasons, but no solutions. Most often I receive "non-delivery" notices from other ISPs, but not always. Many of them just go off into oblivion, or the NSA storage facility. While satellite is an option, it’s not much of one. I was told that I’m not the only one having this issue, but there is only ONE person working it. Another tech probably had the most honest answer, he simply said, "I don’t know". Honest maybe, but helpful he wasn’t. I have noticed that their monthly billing is not having any problems though. This same issue happened about a year or so ago too. There are other options for internet service, and I have resolved that will have to chose one of them. Pity, but it seems to be the nature of the beast with ISPs, satellite and cable TV, and most other service providers. Every few years you have to move on to someone else.

• Thirsty

I am here to echo the same frustrations as stated above. I have been with @link for 3 years now. Do not thing I have ever reached speeds I am paying for. In the beginning they were very quick to respond and had a tech here within usually same day. They took a very good tech and stuck him inside. I called more than 7 days ago and held for tech support and finally left name and number asking to return my call, just like they say they will do. Nothing yet. Hey on the bright side they did have a tech personally deliver a gift to my house from the "CEO" thanking me for business and for completing the survey. Very nice coffee cup. Thought was a nice touch, but I would really rather have what I am paying for. And to further echo that they are not bashful in calling you to tell you you have not made a payment yet when it is not even past due yet. Now I am getting two billing statements on the 1st of month, when they used to come around the 15th. Oh giddy giddy, hope I ewven have service to add this comment! I would add my speed test results, but I am ashamed to share…

• steven

I have been dealing with the same problem for 3 years now. This company is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. I’m getting upload speeds of .06 and they cant tell me why its so slow. They have changed out my equipment 3 times and it still don’t work. They want us to pay for a product they cant deliver, isn’t that stealing? Its nice to know that these incompetent people got a grant to start this sorry company. I waited 2 months for a return phone call from a manager and it never came but they called me looking for their money when I stopped the automatic payments from my account.

• Bob

I have been calling and calling. sometimes it helps but mostly not. We have been with them for 8 years.
    The first 5 were great then they added to many customers to the same tower and service went way,way
    down. To get a call back well seldom, I requested a month rebate for all of the disrupted service and
    SLOOOOOWWW speeds, well I haven’t herd back YET.

• Peter Preksto-AtLink

I’m General Manager of AtLink Services, LLC. We’re not always able to satisfy our customers, that’s true, and sometimes the reasons that our support folks give out sound weasly. Delivering broadband over the air works really well sometimes–good line of sight between the tower and a house, a low level of radiation in the area from other sources, no trees or barns or hills. In the past, we outgrew our equipment. In some cities that we serve, we had to stop taking orders, because there was no room left on the radio waves. We’ve just spent $500,000 on new equipment for our most-crowded areas, and starting last week, our tower crews were out every day (well, not Friday, because of the sleet) installing it. Customers served by the new equipment are able to get even more bandwidth than they’e paying for. AtLink is a serious company, and it is the first or second-largest wireless ISP in the USA, serving much of Oklahoma. The ARRA loan-grants (20% of the proceeds are in the form of loans) permit us to build towers in unserved parts of the state. For the two frustrated customers writing on this page, I invite you to contact me directly to let me see if something can be done. I accept and apologize for your frustration–but we’re not casual about this type of situation. Please send a message to peterpreksto@atlink.net

• Larery Atkinson

I know this was 9 months ago, but. the problems obviously still exist. Apologies are nice but better product would negate the need for apologies..Disappointed Customer!

• JR

I agree with you all about their service. I too deal with this frequently. They actually had to put new antennas up on houses in my area because that’s all they could do to provide service. I was also told that they cost about $500 a piece. The interesting part is, I found them online for $125, normally $150. That is still nowhere near the 500 I was told. I know in my area, I am really looking forward to another company coming and competing with them. Maybe a little bit of competition will help because if they don’t want to lose customers, they will figure something out.

• shane paxton

I have sent you messages and you never return them. I have to call you guys every d**n day because it goes down. To this day.

• shane paxton

This guy is a liar. Don’t even waste your time sending him an email.

• Colin Coffey

They suck! Their customer service sucks! Their tech support sucks! Download speed of .32 mbps and upload of .45 mbps called in a trouble ticket over a week ago and am still waiting. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3018497236