Humana Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Humana Profile

Humana Picture

Corporate Information

Business Name: Humana Inc.
Category: Insurance

Average Rating: 1.00 of 5
Based On: 6 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Humana

Obama Care Wants Entire Social Security Check

Thanks Obama-Care! I was just told that my insurance: HUMANA: will not issue my formulary- exception, my usually $92.00/month-medications, will cost me OVER $1000.00 for the two of them! E/month.

CVS told me straight-upt: “THIS IS BECAUSE OF OBAMA-CARE”! This is the only medications I use/they want this much!  WHAT IS A PERSON SUPPOSED TO DO? ~ DIE EARLY, to facilitate-Obama-&-his-no-care!

Owner Options

User Thoughts About Humana

4 thoughts on “Humana

1. Humana Medicare RX Program needs to be investigated. Humana continued to collect premiums from my Medicare benefits for a Drug Plan that they do not cover my medication any longer. Humana did not give us any notice and have left me at risk without medication. Humana also was dishonest about the copay

2. I have original medicare & a humana policy for drug coverage. Humana never informed me of a price increase of 40% during the
    2013 open enrollment period. I found out of this increase when it was billed to my credit cared in jan. 2014.MEDICARE has informed me that since i didn t cancel during 2013 open enrollment i cannot now cancel. In my opinion this is fraud.
    Imagine if your landlord, cc co. bank or auto ins. co were allowed to due this. Do not join humana. Drugs, humana charged me $149.00 & $104.00 i instead paid $22.00 & $42.00 for same on a canadian website! Same exact drugs!. I also have a AARP unitedhealtcare supplemental plan & they DID NOTIFY ME of a 2014 price increase prior to open enrollment. The premiums are
    high but at least i am dealing with an upfront company.

3. Humana customer service is incompetent. I am a senior who contacted Humana in mid-November to switch to a less costly drug plan. After being switched to various departments and put on lengthy holds, I enrolled in the new plan on a secure line and provided a phone signature. I was told that the process was complete. When I hadn't received a new card, etc. by late December, I contacted Humana who said they had no record of my new enrollment. I demanded they review the call logs they are supposed to record, and was told there were none. I wonder if they would have a record of my enrollment if I were switching to a plan with a higher cost. Who would suppose that someone who was already an enrollee would have to double-check before December 7 deadline to make sure Humana did their job. Terrible customer service. At least I am not a person enrolling for a drug plan with Humana for the first time only to determine I had NO coverage for 2014.

4. I have Medicare with Humana Drug coverage and here in Oregon I've had the same thing happen with one of my medications. It started out as a $7 copay and now is $90. I thought they only had 4 tiers, but today a Humana representative said this same medication they just reclassified as a tier 5 and I didn't even think there was a tier 5.