Humana Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Humana.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: July 6, 2015

Humana Corporate Contact

Business Name: Humana Inc.
500 West Main St
Louisville, Kentucky 40202 USA

Corp Phone Number: 800-486-2620
Company Contact: Bruce D Broussard - CEO
Corp Website: humana.com

Humana Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Humana Complaint

Is Humana a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Insurance Directory ListingHumana Inc. Listing

Customer service will say go get your help somewhere else

My wife who is suffering from multiple scleroses has bee not allowed to refill her Betaseon For more then 15 days,. The reason ? Humana is reviewing her medication . How long it takes ? Humana don’t know.

In mean time Humana did send her temporary medication.

Today after been on the phone with Humana for 3 hours and been transferred from one employee to others, with no luck, at the end up talking to a manager there by the name of Deanna ( conversation ref. # 373727365110), this manager informed me that I cannot file a complaint over the fone about my dissatisfaction of the customer service at Humana and the only way to file complaint a about an employee of Humana is in writing to the grievance department.

And in mean time she advised me to take my wife to the ER. to get her Betaseron shots or to go buy it from my pocket. (To whom doesn’t know . Betaseron is not a medication that you can buy from a pharmacy ).

Here now February is almost over and we could not get a refill.
We use to get the Betaseron from Biotec. but this month Biotec informed us that Humana did not allow them to refill it because they want the medication to come from Rightsource pharmacy only.

The patients should stay without medication until Humana finish their review of the medication.

This what you should expect when you sign up with Humana.

25 Most Recent Humana Complaints

Consumer Comments For Humana

• Every time I contact Humana the phone wait is horrible! When you need something you are forced to listen to their commercials. This time I waited over 30 minutes and will seek another company.

• Humana Medicare RX Program needs to be investigated. Humana continued to collect premiums from my Medicare benefits for a Drug Plan that they do not cover my medication any longer. Humana did not give us any notice and have left me at risk without medication. Humana also was dishonest about the copay

• I have original medicare & a humana policy for drug coverage. Humana never informed me of a price increase of 40% during the
    2013 open enrollment period. I found out of this increase when it was billed to my credit cared in jan. 2014.MEDICARE has informed me that since i didn t cancel during 2013 open enrollment i cannot now cancel. In my opinion this is fraud.
    Imagine if your landlord, cc co. bank or auto ins. co were allowed to due this. Do not join humana. Drugs, humana charged me $149.00 & $104.00 i instead paid $22.00 & $42.00 for same on a canadian website! Same exact drugs!. I also have a AARP unitedhealtcare supplemental plan & they DID NOTIFY ME of a 2014 price increase prior to open enrollment. The premiums are
    high but at least i am dealing with an upfront company.

• Humana customer service is incompetent. I am a senior who contacted Humana in mid-November to switch to a less costly drug plan. After being switched to various departments and put on lengthy holds, I enrolled in the new plan on a secure line and provided a phone signature. I was told that the process was complete. When I hadn’t received a new card, etc. by late December, I contacted Humana who said they had no record of my new enrollment. I demanded they review the call logs they are supposed to record, and was told there were none. I wonder if they would have a record of my enrollment if I were switching to a plan with a higher cost. Who would suppose that someone who was already an enrollee would have to double-check before December 7 deadline to make sure Humana did their job. Terrible customer service. At least I am not a person enrolling for a drug plan with Humana for the first time only to determine I had NO coverage for 2014.

• I had a similar experience trying to get my wife ID Card. We have been on Humana plan for almost 3 months and my wife doesn’t have ID card with proper Doctor on it. Tried to call 3 times to get her a card. So until they can get it right she has no health insurance but there getting there premiums every month.

• I have Medicare with Humana Drug coverage and here in Oregon I’ve had the same thing happen with one of my medications. It started out as a $7 copay and now is $90. I thought they only had 4 tiers, but today a Humana representative said this same medication they just reclassified as a tier 5 and I didn’t even think there was a tier 5.

• I have had the same experience. All my prescriptions started out with a low copay on the first fill, after that some of them jumped 5 to 6 fold….. one went from 12.00 to 674.50 another 120.00 to 416.92 for a 90 day supply. I was told at enrollment by a rep. that my out of pocket expense for a year would not exceed 2200.00. I am well beyond that ….. with more refills to go. VERY DISAPPOINTED with HUMANA… going to change RX to another Ins co. ASAP !!!!!!!