Humana Complaints & Reviews

Humana.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: March 14, 2016

Humana Contact Information

Business Name: Humana Inc.
500 West Main St

Humana Reports

Most Recent Humana Complaint

Is Humana a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Insurance Directory ListingHumana Inc. Listing

Can't be trusted with automatic deductions

On Friday, December 6, 2014, I was quoted 158.52 per month for Medigap Plan F plus Part D with Humana, by a Joanne Tillingeast (?) at 888-310-8482. There was a $2 discount for authorized automatic deductions from my bank account, so I agreed to that.

Beginning in January of 2015, $156.52 was deducted each month on the 3rd. This continued like clockwork until suddenly in October, Humana arbitrarily deducted 273.82 from my account. I did not realize it until too late, and I had two overdraft charges.

I trusted you to deduct the amount we agreed upon, and what you showed me is that you are not to be trusted. I can not afford to have someone manipulate my bank account on their whim.

It has taken 3 phone calls to Humana, 2 faxes, and one attempted fax (as one lady gave me a non-working fax number and couldn’t give me the name of anyone who could make a decision about whether or not to refund my overdraft charges). It has now been more than a month that this remains unresolved.

Finally on my last phone call where I was able to reach a human being, I was fortunate to speak with Felicia, a supervisor (11/6/2015 at 12:40pm) who explained what happened, that the amount quoted had been determined by somebody to be “wrong” so they just decided to add 117.30 to my November bill. She also advised that the auto deduction wouldn’t go through because they had the wrong routing number! (Neither of us could understand how that happened since they’d been making the deductions from that very account all year.)

I asked her to take the auto deduction off because I could not trust you to deduct only the agreed-upon amount. Please advise as to what to do about November and December.

I sent the above information to the Grievance & Appeals on 11/9/2015, and again on 11/17/2015. I have also spoken to 3 different people at Humana (I have all the dates & notes) and have not received the promised “response within 72 hours.”

At this point I don’t even know if I have insurance with Humana anymore. I can’t reach a human being by phone.

Most Recent Humana Reviews

Consumer Comments For Humana

• Chip Dooley

Can’t be trusted with your life either.I have been severaly disablr since 1992 ans 3 months ago they found out I had cancer so they yook my off meds that work and want to put me on meds that make me go crazy. fu** those mother fu**ers

• Don L. Racey

Every time I contact Humana the phone wait is horrible! When you need something you are forced to listen to their commercials. This time I waited over 30 minutes and will seek another company.

• Dyana

Humana Medicare RX Program needs to be investigated. Humana continued to collect premiums from my Medicare benefits for a Drug Plan that they do not cover my medication any longer. Humana did not give us any notice and have left me at risk without medication. Humana also was dishonest about the copay

• norman green

I have original medicare & a humana policy for drug coverage. Humana never informed me of a price increase of 40% during the
    2013 open enrollment period. I found out of this increase when it was billed to my credit cared in jan. 2014.MEDICARE has informed me that since i didn t cancel during 2013 open enrollment i cannot now cancel. In my opinion this is fraud.
    Imagine if your landlord, cc co. bank or auto ins. co were allowed to due this. Do not join humana. Drugs, humana charged me $149.00 & $104.00 i instead paid $22.00 & $42.00 for same on a canadian website! Same exact drugs!. I also have a AARP unitedhealtcare supplemental plan & they DID NOTIFY ME of a 2014 price increase prior to open enrollment. The premiums are
    high but at least i am dealing with an upfront company.

• Marilyn

Humana customer service is incompetent. I am a senior who contacted Humana in mid-November to switch to a less costly drug plan. After being switched to various departments and put on lengthy holds, I enrolled in the new plan on a secure line and provided a phone signature. I was told that the process was complete. When I hadn’t received a new card, etc. by late December, I contacted Humana who said they had no record of my new enrollment. I demanded they review the call logs they are supposed to record, and was told there were none. I wonder if they would have a record of my enrollment if I were switching to a plan with a higher cost. Who would suppose that someone who was already an enrollee would have to double-check before December 7 deadline to make sure Humana did their job. Terrible customer service. At least I am not a person enrolling for a drug plan with Humana for the first time only to determine I had NO coverage for 2014.

• coast2co

I had a similar experience trying to get my wife ID Card. We have been on Humana plan for almost 3 months and my wife doesn’t have ID card with proper Doctor on it. Tried to call 3 times to get her a card. So until they can get it right she has no health insurance but there getting there premiums every month.

• Rhonda

I have Medicare with Humana Drug coverage and here in Oregon I’ve had the same thing happen with one of my medications. It started out as a $7 copay and now is $90. I thought they only had 4 tiers, but today a Humana representative said this same medication they just reclassified as a tier 5 and I didn’t even think there was a tier 5.

• Gary

I have had the same experience. All my prescriptions started out with a low copay on the first fill, after that some of them jumped 5 to 6 fold….. one went from 12.00 to 674.50 another 120.00 to 416.92 for a 90 day supply. I was told at enrollment by a rep. that my out of pocket expense for a year would not exceed 2200.00. I am well beyond that ….. with more refills to go. VERY DISAPPOINTED with HUMANA… going to change RX to another Ins co. ASAP !!!!!!!