Holiday Inn Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Richard Solomons - CEO
Corp Website: hiexpress.com

Holiday Inn Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Holiday Inn Complaint

Is Holiday Inn a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Hotels Directory ListingInterContinental Hotels Group IHG Listing

Unethical and lied to client

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salt Lake City

A bunch of Liars in your hotel including Manager.

I booked 5 nights on May 31 to June 5, 2015. Around 4:00AM-7:30 AM my NONE skinning room smelled really bad with smoking cigarette smell came from bathroom ventilation. I called reception desk to notify them. The second night was happened the same.

One lady who work around 5:00AM was answered my phone and suggested to bring my luggage down to have room change when I come back after my work of the end of the day.

When I brought my luggage down I met a male who worked in the morning shift at 7:30AM. with promised that I can have room change latter.

At 7:00PM I came back and asked for my luggage and my room. The guy was stunt and said: you don’t book in our hotel.

I explained to him, he then contacted to his manager to arrange me to another hotel in the West side of the Salt Lake city Airport.

He repeatedly to say “sorry, sorry and sorry we not gone charge you due to our problems. My manager told me that.
Today, June 12, 2015 I check my credit card AX the charge was posted on the same day I went out to another Holiday Inn Hotel.

When I wrote a review in ihg.com , my comments were deleted twice.

A bunch of liars in this hotel with smiling in their faces and sneaky about the business.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salt Lake City – Airport East 200 N 2100 W St, Salt Lake City, UT 84116 | 801-741-1500

25 Most Recent Holiday Inn Complaints

Consumer Comments For Holiday Inn

• HIE is still making a whole new fortune by NOT REFUNDING payments if their guests plans change for any reason. They DO allow you to cancel, but keep your money and then re-book YOUR room out to someone else. There are many stories about this (Google search). Hopefully, people will wake up and catch onto this SCAM.

• Just happened to me. But they don’t know who they messed with. Because there is this thing called Twitter and now they want to make it right. I contacted the BBB and the Attorney General. These people steal your money.

• We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Niagara Falls NY. When i booked the hotel online i realized I hadn’t used my AAA card so I called the Hotel. The lady told me she could not make the changes right then, but to just bring my AAA card with us and when we check out the changes could be made. She also quoted me the price that the room would be that we got with the AAA discount. When we checked out we were not given that price and when I mentioned it to the lady they would not stand by the price I was given. They tried to say that they didn’t have rates that low. Well we stayed Mon – Thurs which are usually the cheaper days and had a double queen bed room. When I was trying to work out the issue with my bill there was a guy checking in on a thurs same double queen bed room for almost $20 dollars cheaper than the AAA rate I was given. They never did stand by their quote they gave me. So much for lowest price guarenteed when they won’t even stand by the price their own employee gives a customer.

Holiday Inn Niagara Falls NY

114 Buffalo Ave

Niagara Falls NY 14303

• I reserved 3 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Holland Michigan back in february for 2 nights and two days before going had one of our party have to cancel . I called Holiday Inn to cancel the room at which I was told we still had to pay for it $200.00 ! Now when the reservation was made it said it was non refundable which I understand but when we got there july 8th. they were very busy and the room did not sit empty. I know the hotel has to make money but when talking to the manager I asked if they would at least refund half the money $100.00 and he was very nice and said he could not do anything that corporate would not allow this. I would think that as hard as times are right now and as long as it takes to save money for a two day vacation that the Hotel would at least try to work with you especially when they are not loosing money ! Our stay was very nice no complaints about that, just hope that the Hotel reads some of the complaints and realizes that it’s people like us that make them there money.