Holiday Inn Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Based On: 7 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Holiday Inn

Giving the run around!

To whom it may concern,

While on vacation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in July me and my family stayed at one of the holiday inn orange lakes resorts. During our stay we was suppose to participate in a 2 hour seminar and tour, this seminar lasted for 4 hours. While it sounded like a good idea there were a lot of unanswered questions. I tried to reach out to Shawn Mcfall and Ken Grover to answer my questions but they never returned my calls, until days later. After getting no response from them I then reached out to the corporate office and explain my situation and they told us we could cancel within 10 days and to send in my letter of cancellation and the packet back to them, and that they will refund me $400 and $35 for the packet. I wouldn’t have to call the home office if they answered there phone. So I went out and got my letter notarized and over nighted the information to their home office.

After doing all this the Myrtle Beach office decides to call back to answer my questions they said the information was received on the 6th day and we have only 5 days, and that we are stuck with this 10 year contract. I don’t think that this is right we should have able to cancel, doesn’t the corporate office have the final say so. The corporate office knew we signed this contract in Myrtle Beach so why didn’t they tell us they would dispute it.

This whole situation has been really stressful. I feel that this company is so unfair because they sell you this timeshare don’t answer their phones and they are not very helpful. Still to this day we don’t have the contract because we sent it back to the corporate office because we thought this matter was handled. They left a lot of things out like maintenance fees goings up, they were forcing us to buy this timeshare and never answered there phone after.

Now they tell us we are in this 10year agreement that we are stuck with because of this whole back and forth. Someone suggested writing to you and as I look at the other stories on your site there seems to be a serious problem with this company and the treatment of their new members.

If I knew all this I definitely wouldn’t have signed up for their timeshare.

Holiday Inn express Orangelake Resort, Myrtle Beach

User Thoughts About Holiday Inn

• Neveragain

HIE is still making a whole new fortune by NOT REFUNDING payments if their guests plans change for any reason. They DO allow you to cancel, but keep your money and then re-book YOUR room out to someone else. There are many stories about this (Google search). Hopefully, people will wake up and catch onto this SCAM.

• Debbie

Just happened to me. But they don't know who they messed with. Because there is this thing called Twitter and now they want to make it right. I contacted the BBB and the Attorney General. These people steal your money.

• michele Todd

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Niagara Falls NY. When i booked the hotel online i realized I hadn't used my AAA card so I called the Hotel. The lady told me she could not make the changes right then, but to just bring my AAA card with us and when we check out the changes could be made. She also quoted me the price that the room would be that we got with the AAA discount. When we checked out we were not given that price and when I mentioned it to the lady they would not stand by the price I was given. They tried to say that they didn't have rates that low. Well we stayed Mon – Thurs which are usually the cheaper days and had a double queen bed room. When I was trying to work out the issue with my bill there was a guy checking in on a thurs same double queen bed room for almost $20 dollars cheaper than the AAA rate I was given. They never did stand by their quote they gave me. So much for lowest price guarenteed when they won't even stand by the price their own employee gives a customer.

Holiday Inn Niagara Falls NY

114 Buffalo Ave

Niagara Falls NY 14303

• steve cashen

I reserved 3 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Holland Michigan back in february for 2 nights and two days before going had one of our party have to cancel . I called Holiday Inn to cancel the room at which I was told we still had to pay for it $200.00 ! Now when the reservation was made it said it was non refundable which I understand but when we got there july 8th. they were very busy and the room did not sit empty. I know the hotel has to make money but when talking to the manager I asked if they would at least refund half the money $100.00 and he was very nice and said he could not do anything that corporate would not allow this. I would think that as hard as times are right now and as long as it takes to save money for a two day vacation that the Hotel would at least try to work with you especially when they are not loosing money ! Our stay was very nice no complaints about that, just hope that the Hotel reads some of the complaints and realizes that it's people like us that make them there money.