Lowes Reviews

Lowes.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: October 20, 2016

Lowes Contact Information

Business Name: Lowe's Companies, Inc.
1000 Lowe's Blvd

Most Recent Lowes Complaints

Is Lowes a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Home Improvement Directory ListingLowe's Companies, Inc. Listing

2 Years 6 months - Still Waiting on Lowes

I want to share with everyone the emails that I have sent regarding my Lowes complaint. Please keep in mind that this “PROBLEM” started on 1/9/2014.

On January 9th 2014 I entered into a contract with Lowes through their project manager Mike Bastin. I have my copy of the original contracts. The job was to install a metal roof on my garage and mobile home, special gutters all around garage and home, and to install a new larger skylight in the master bathroom ( this was to replace an existing one). As of today the job remains incomplete. I have paid my bill on my Lowes credit card monthly for this work. There was an issue with the interest on the credit card but I called and Lowes corrected that, I never missed a payment. From the beginning this install by Lowes has been a nightmare. I have had to call Lowes through out this entire incomplete job of theirs. The gutters are installed and the metal roof is on home and garage. The skylight is finally in place. They have had to come back several times to the skylight related to leaks when it was raining. The contractor that came back because of the leaks said they should have put it on right the first time. In the process of putting in the new skylight the installer ( Lowes man) messed up the ceiling and trim work on my master bathroom ceiling, he left a mess. After multiple phone calls with lengthy times before call backs Lowes finally agreed to send a different contractor. When the new contractor came in he stated what you have here is a mess and he said he could not believe someone would leave a job like this. This has been going on for a year now.

I have had problems from the start of this project. When Mike came to our home to sale us the metal roof, gutters and skylight he seen then that we lived in a mobile home. We started having issues from the start as the installers kept not showing up when they were scheduled. I would call Mike and he would in turn call the crew contracted out of NC and then call me back and tell when they were coming since they did not show up as scheduled. This happened many times. During one of these phone calls to Lowes for Mike I was informed that he did not work there anymore. When I finally got hold of someone that could help me they told me that Lowe’s does not install metal roofs or skylights on mobile homes. I told them that MIke Bastin sold me these items sitting at my kitchen table and that I have my signed contract in my hand. The new battle started at that point. I am still waiting for my skylight to be trimmed in and the disaster paint job on my ceiling to be done properly. I call Lowe’s and speak with the manager and he states he will send the contractor out and no one ever comes. A year has gone by and my house is incomplete and I am completely fed up with Lowes

In Jan. of 2014 I spoke with Mike at the Lowes store. Mike was the manager over the home project section at that time. He made an appointment with me and came out to my house to look at my house to see what would need to be done. When he came to my house, which is a mobile home, he drew up a contract for the metal roof. During this time he and I talked about changing out the sky light in the master bathroom. Mike recommended a nice skylight that Lowes had for sale. He included the skylight with installation on the contract that we signed. The contract states the job would be completed in 1 month. To date the job remains incomplete. I had many issues with the metal roof that was installed by a team out of North Carolina that Lowes hired to do the job. I had to call Mike multiple times to get this crew back out because my bathroom ceiling was leaking where they installed the skylight. The crew came back out several times because of leaks. One of the crew said that if the skylight had been installed properly they wouldn’t have to keep coming back. They finally did get the leaks stopped, by using multiple tubes of silicone, scary right? however, my bathroom ceiling had become stained from the leaks and the skylight was not completed. At some point in time Mike left Lowes and it took forever to get anyone help me with this skylight installation that was not yet completed. I called the Lowes store many times just to be told that they do not install skylights and that Mike didn’t work there anymore. Just this month Lowes finally had someone come out and finish the molding on the inside of the skylight where all of the holes were left and they repainted the bathroom ceiling that the last person they had hired made a huge mess of the ceiling. I have been speaking with the manager David at this Lowes location. I want the molding in my bathroom ceiling to be replaced where it was messed up in the process of painting and repairing the skylight. David has assured me that Lowes does not do molding just as he assured me that Lowes does not do painting. I have been paying on my bill ever since I started receiving a bill for this project. All I want is this job completed. It has been 20 MONTHS so far on a 1 month contract. I need someone’s help to get the job that I am paying for completed.

Well I wanted to bring you up to date on what has transpired since we last communicated via email. David from the West Ashley Lowe’s came to my house with a bottle of cleaner insinuating that he was just to clean the molding in my bathroom, like that should fix it. I told him that it needed to be replaced not cleaned. David left my house at that point. A lady named Wendy from the Lowe’s customer center called and I explained it all over again to her. She had a professional appraiser sent to my house. This man actually got on top of my roof and inspected it and he came in my house and inspected it. Then on 12.2.15 Wendy from Lowe’s at 1-704-758-1000 called me and informed me that she would mail me a check (in the $3000.00 range) for me to have the repairs completed. This is not what I want. I want Lowe’s to repair the damage that the substandard contractors that Lowe’s hired did to my house. Wendy (from Lowe’s) states that Lowe’s is NOT going to repair my house. I have a signed contract with Lowe’s. Now my question is where do we go from here? Do you think that this contract should be voided out and all of my money returned to me so that I can hire a professional roofer to repair the damage that Lowe’s has caused to my home? My contract with Lowe’s states the job would be complete in 30 days, well we are almost at the 2 year mark. My patience is wearing thin now. Please advise me of Lowe’s intended action. Just a note for you when Wendy called the first time she was nice, however, when she called and told me that she would send me a check she was demanding that she was going to send me the money so that I could hire someone to do the repairs. NOT NICE!. I will not hire anyone to do the repairs because I know it will void the warranty with Lowe’s. I am being nice and asking Lowe’s to fix the damage, PLEASE help me. PS the professional appraiser that came out to my house told me “You are going to have problems with your roof”.

Well it is June 30th 2016 and Lowes has still not resolved this problem. Now Lowe’s will not respond to my phone calls. My total bill to Lowe’s for the skylight, gutters and metal roof is 12,164.00 I put this amount on my Lowe’s card, I have never missed a payment and I am over half paid off. I am going to have to pay a roofing company to come out and fix or replace the metal roof and I am going to have to hire someone to fix my bathroom ceiling and the molding. Loss you ask for, I am not sure yet how bad Loews has screwed me.Lowe’s is despicable and a rip off. I read all of these complaints on here about Lowe’s and I just wonder how they stay in business. I agree with Linda on here that there should be a class action lawsuit initiated on Lowes for all of these complaints.

Most Recent Reviews About Lowes

Submit a Complaint or Comment For Lowes

• Peter

Does anyone know where Lowes maintains their bank accounts in New York?

• michael dungey

the lowes in Petoskey Michigan uses DOSS programing and has been promised for over six years to get an upgrade into the new century. It won’t happen because Lowes headquarters is all about prifit, not efficentcy, not customer satisfaction, not repeat customers. just $$$$$ . wonderfull employess in every department, except pure butt heads in management philosophy…

• michael dungey

lowes delivery found us short a toilet on a $5000 purchase. I stopped in at 6am to pick one out and have it delivered that day since the p[lumber was waiting for it.I also returned a $555 special order door that was built too narrow at the top and too wide at the bottom. since I forgot to pay for the toilet they would not deliver it even though lowes owes me $555 for a returned door. I told them to deliver it and I would settle up after I got out of work. they said” It’s lowes policy to only deliver merchandise that’s been paid in full and the money they owed me for the returned door was another matter all together!

• michael dungey

Had lowes scheduled to put their windows and siding on our home. they said company policy requires full payment befors work can begin. under advisement of our bank lender and especially our family attorney, we were advised to not pay in full. that lowes has had a long standing problem of avoiding material problems and workmanship problems in a timely manor. the overwhelming attitude of lowes is not customer satisfaction, it is all about getting the money up front and arguing the customer down to the point they give up. we went local for the siding and windows at a $5000 increase, but the little problems that occurred were taken care of swiftly from the sullpier and the contractor without the drawn out waiting times for inspectors and site managers from lowes to agree something is wrong. the Petoskey Michigan store have great knowledgable employees, unfortunately I can’t say the same for the management or straff responsible for policies lowes keeps inventing to drive customers away!

• linda

If you have hired Lowes improvement Center and signed a contract that says “arbitration” it takes away your right to sue them for damages. I am a home owner that they sub contracted out a roof job and have over $30,000 in damages and can not sue them. I’m looking for other people that had work done by lowes and were lied to and ripped off. Please email me your story. Don’t sign any kind of contract with them.
    I can’t recover lawyer damages or anything. Sk Thank you and be “becareful”. I’m hoping to find enough consumers that were ripped off to start a Class law suit. contact skyhawkll2002@earthlink.net. I know I’m alone in this.

• LB the III

Same problem, went to buy an eighteen hundred dollar Frig. on veterans 2013 big discount weekend. With my discharge papers in hand. And there ad stated that’s all you need. They would not accept it. Went straight to Home Depot and bought the frig and they were so nice, I could not be leave the difference, the employee at Home Depot told me if they treated customer the way I was treated they would be let go. (I am not tell what happened to me) I have not and will not shop Lowes anymore. Flowood location lost my business forever.

• Cheryl

Stay away from Lowe’s in Siuffolk, Vs in the mornings. They have decided to conserve engergy by not turning the lights or the heat on til the afternoon even though it is 8 degrees outside. I have never been so miserable trying to shop in my life.

• notme

So, you’re special and you want Lowe’s to change the rules just for YOU? And every other veteran with a VA card is not having a problem.

• Frank J

I ran into the same problem. I’m a disabled Viet Nam veteran and I’m in the process of building a new home. My intention was to buy lots from Lowes using their 10% discount. They would not accept my DD214, my VA letter stating my disability or my Bronze star letter for Viet Nam service. They said I had to have a VA card………I have not used the VA in over 25 years and I have no need to. Lowes does not care about veterans at all.

• Anonymous employee

I work at the Lowe’s in Lincoln, NE, and at that store we will certainly accept your DD 214 as proof of your service, and most likely the other two as well. I can’t speak for other stores, but I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I personally respect veterans and it’s awful that your store did not do what they should have and given you the discount.