Home Depot Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Home Depot Profile

Home Depot Picture

Corporate Information

Business Name: The Home Depot, Inc.
Category: Home Improvement

Consumer Ratings Data

Average Rating: 1.58 of 5
Based On: 20 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Home Depot

Veterans discount only on less expensive items

Several Sundays ago I went to Home Depot to purchase 2 bags of topsoil and 2 bags of sand. The topsoil was apprx. $1.29 and the sand was apprx. $3.59. I am a disabled veteran and showed the cashier my service -connected Veteran Admin. ID card with photo. I requested the 10% discount they have been offering for several years to veterans and retired military.

The total was close to $10.00 and I was expecting a discount close to $1.00. As I was rolling my cart out to my vehicle, I noticed I had received a discount of only $.30. This meant I was discounted for the less expensive topsoil and not the more expensive sand

. I went back to the cashier and asked why the sand was not discounted, she informed me that certain items in the store could not be discounted because their price was already so low! It’s amazes me that they could set up a program in their computer that recognized items that could not be discounted for veterans because of their already LOW price.

Way to go Home Depot. I may have to do all my shopping at Lowes. Lowes offers the same 10% discount!

View Comments View More Home Depot Complaints

Is Home Depot a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

Home Depot Reviews and Complaints

User Thoughts About Home Depot

4 thoughts on “Home Depot

1. THE HOME DEPOT IN QUINCY, MASS ON CENTER ST. HAS TREATED ME WITH SUCH DISRESPECT THAT I AM MAKING SURE THAT I BLOG AND SHARE MY STORY EVERYWHERE AND ON EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM! I AM CLOSE TO PICKETING OUTSIDE THE STORE TO STATE HOW I HAVE BEEN LIED TOO MANY OF TIMES AND HOW I WAS SO UPSET ON HOW I WAS TALKED TO LAST THURSDAY THAT I WAS BROUGHT TO TEARS! I HAVE LIKED A DOOR THAT A CARPENTER RETURNED 3 TO 4 YEARS AGO, AND I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE DOOR FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS NOW, THERE WAS A GM ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO THAT I ASKED TO BUY THE DOOR FOR $500.00, THE GM SAID NO AT THAT TIME , SO MY HUSBAND AND I WOULD GO TO HOME DEPOT AND CHECK TO SEE IT THE PRICE WENT DOWN FROM THE $1047.00, BUT IT NEVER DID, FINALLY AFTER A FEW YEARS AND SEEING A LOT OF WORKERS COME AND GO, A NEW GM AND MILL MANAGER COME TO THE QUINCY STORE AND SO I FIGURED THE MANAGER OR GM WILL HAVE ENOUGH SENSES TO DISCOUNT THE DOOR, SINCE IT HAS BEEN IN THE STORE SO LONG! SO IN OCTOBER 2013, I FINALLY MEET THE NEW MILL MANAGER AND RIGHT OFF THE BAT HE TRIED TO LIE TO ME AND TELL ME THAT THE DOOR THAT I HAVE BEEN WATCHING WAS A NEW RETURN AND THAT HE JUST PUT THE CLEARANCE STICKER ON IT BECAUSE IT WAS NEWLY RETURNED. I ASSURED HIM THAT HE MUST BE MISTAKEN AND I FILLED HIM IN ON MY STORY SINCE HE WAS NEW, BUT HE CONTINUED TO LIE TO ME. SO I ASKED A MILL WORKER THAT HAS WORKED THERE LONGER THAN I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE STORE AND HE WAS FAMILIAR WITH MY HUSBAND AND ME FROM GOING TO THE STORE, LUCKILY HE WAS HONEST AND SAID, "THE DOOR HAS BEEN HERE FOR A FEW YEARS" SO ONCE THE MILL MANAGER KNEW HE COULD NOT LIE TO ME NO LONGER HE JUST BLUNTLY SAID, YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT 90 DAYS FOR ANOTHER DISCOUNT? i WAS UPSET SO I ASKED TO SPEAK WITH THE NEW GM, AND THE GM CAME OVER TO SPEAK WITH ME AND HE SAID THAT THEY HAVE A NEW SYSTEM FOR THE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN THERE FOR SO LONG, HE SAID THAT THE PRICE IS NOW $1047.00 AND THAT AFTER 90 DAYS IT WILL GO DOWN ANOTHER 25% BECAUSE THAT $1047.00 HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE 50% OFF PRICE. SO AFTER THE 90 DAYS THE PRODUCT WILL GO DOWN 75% AND IF IT DOESN'T SELL AFTER 100 DAYS THEY ARE THROWING THE PRODUCTS AWAY! I SAID TO HIM WELL IF YOU ARE DOING THAT WITH ALL THE OLD INVENTORY THEN THE DOOR I HAVE BEEN WATCHING WOULD BE THROWN OUT AND ALL I'M ASKING FOR IS A DISCOUNT BECAUSE THE DOOR HAS BEEN MOVED HUNDREDS OF TIMES, ITS A LITTLE SCUFFED? HE SAID IT HASN'T BEEN 4 YEARS FOR ME! SO I HAD TO LEAVE I WAS BESIDE MYSELF AND THE TONE IN THEIR VOICE'S WAS SO ARROGANT I DECIDED TO EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEY WERE NICE BUT ALL THEY DID WAS HAVE THE GM CALL ME AT HOME AND WHICH HE WAS RUDE ALL HE SAID WAS THAT I HAVE TO WAIT THE 90 DAYS!
    SO THE 90 DAYS WAS FINALLY UP LAST WEEK, WHEN I WENT TO HOME DEPOT I ASKED THE MILL MANAGER WILL THE PRICE BE LOWERED OR DO YOU HAVE TO PHYSICALLY LOWER IT, HE TOLD ME AND OTHER WORKER THAT IT SHOULD BE LOWERED? THE WORKER SCANNED IT WITH THEIR PRICE GUN AND OF COURSE THE PRICE DID NOT GO DOWN! SO I WENT OVER TO THE MILL MANAGER AND HE SAID, "OH' THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING WITH IT THEN"? I ASKED HIM" WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ITS 90 DAYS", HE SMILES AT ME AND SAID" I NEVER SAID IT WILL GO LOWER IN 90 DAYS" I WAS SO UPSET I ASKED HIM," WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, I AM CALLING CORPORATE AND I AM GOING TO YOUR GM", HE'S STILL SMILING AND SAYS" GO AHEAD AND CALL CORPORATE, I'LL GIVE YOU THE NUMBER".I WALKED AWAY AND WENT TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK AND ASKED FOR THE GM, NOBODY IN THE STORE WOULD CALL HIM FOR ME!! NOBODY! SO I DECIDED THE BEST THING WAS TO LEAVE AND CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I WAS EMAILING 90 DAYS PRIOR. I DID TALK TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP FROM MY PREVIOUS EMAILS AND HE IS NICE BUT HE ONLY GOT THE MILL MANAGER ON THE PHONE AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD CALL ME ON SUNDAY NIGHT TO CHECK AND SEE IF THE GM MANAGER CALLED ME OR TO GIVE ME THE OUT COME OF WHAT IS GOING ON?BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS NOT CALLED ME AND ITS NOW MONDAY NIGHT AND I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM!
    THE REASON WHY I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT I'M HEARD AND THAT I TELL MY STORY ACROSS THE SOCIAL PLATFORMS IS BECAUSE I AM SICK OF CUSTOMERS GETTING TREATED LIKE 2ND HAND CITIZENS WHICH IS CRAZY BECAUSE THESE MANAGERS AND STORES WOULDN'T HAVE JOBS OR A BUSINESS WITHOUT CUSTOMERS!

2. im a contractor and i buy materials from meridian avenue concord ca home depot for 15 years since i got my contractors license
    my 15 years doing busines with home depot exceeds the at least 100,000 dollars
    couple weeks ago i tried to return about 400 hundred dollars worth of unused left over materials from different projects i did over the last few months
    and because my work requires 100s of different items always i have few left inclunding the receipts
    when i went there to return my left overs home depot emploees acted towards me very disrispectful like i was a thief and when i asked for a store manager he cameover swearing and yeling at me
    on top of it he put my name in the home depots national data base so i canot return or monitor me or be under close surveilance by home depot for reasons uknown to me that only they know
    i went back to them with bundles of home depot receipts with my company's name
    and they still refuse me

3. In November,2010, I made an order for carpet for three bedrooms and living room. After the installation I noticed that when walking on the carpet, you can tell the foot steps, the sales person did not mention it to me. I called the store few times, leaving messages for supervisor to call me, nobody did. I went to the store, complained, they send somebody from supplier, did what he suppose to do, they denied my complaint. I called the home depot again, talked to their main office, no help. What I am asking for is just to change the living room only, they refused. What a shame for a big store like home depot to do this and it is their mistake. I want everybody to know this, to be careful.