Dura Seal Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Corp Phone Number: 800-364-1359
Corp Website: duraseal.com

Dura Seal Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Dura Seal Complaint

Is Dura Seal a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Home Improvement Directory ListingDuraSeal Listing

The worst product

I purchased a product from dura seal and not only didn’t work, but the company refuse to refund my purchase.

So my complaint may save someone else out there.  Dura seal is a fraud and ripoff

Please tell your friends

Search For More Dura Seal ComplaintsFile a Complaint About Dura Seal

Consumer Comments For Dura Seal

• Well I’ve used the dura seal oil stop leak in 2 cars and a truck and it worked on all three vehicles. The truck was really loosing a lot of oil out the rear main and it stopped leaking after about 180 miles of driving. I would say that all vehicles are different and all leaks are different. This tuff is going to work in most vehicles but there a few it may not worked in either due to the severity of the leak or user error. A lot of people don’t even read instructions…

• HAD A REAR MAIN SEAL LEAK VERY SMALLTRIED THE PRODUCT FOR SEAL LEAKS PRODUCT DID NOT DO CRAP I REPLACED REAR MAIN SEAL THERE IS NO MAGIC IN A BOTTLE SAVE YOUR MONEY

• 01/29/2014 I have a 2002 ford f-150 and i noticed alot of oil in one of my sparkplugs "valve cover gaskets" and some oil near the oil filter. The check engin light came on because the truck was miss firing do to the oil. I put one bottle and drive 300 mile and took the spark plug out and was dry as can be and no oil leak near the filter, but i detected this propbem real early. So i think it will handle some things but it it is to far gone i don’t think it will work. It worked for me. But if this was magical we would never have to goto the shop. I just kept in my head that if it worked great but if it didn’t then just maybe the gasket is to far gone to repair.

• i have been researching this product. judging by what i have been reading,starting with this chris guy, i would say that he’s probably rude often to customers because he has to deal with disappionted customers all day long.after a while, you get fed up, and begin to lose patience more, and more quickly. that being said, i believe the disappiontments are very common because of the misleading nature of this product. after all, its very hard to judge just how bad your blown head gasket is, and what the limit is that this product can handle. i would approach this product with low expectations, and only out of desperation, and only if you do not plan to keep your vehicle. if you think that this will be a permanate fix, you are mistaking. the only permanate fix is to replace your head gasket, and there i would recommend the "back yard" mechanic, or somebody who can do it as a project. service stations will charge you out the nose.

• replacing the head gasket and putting out from$1600 to $3000 to have it fixed also does not solve the problem. who has that kind of money to keep dishing out to replace the head gasket. My daughter just found out she is the 3rd owner on her Buick Rondezvue and the person who last traded it in just replaced the head gasket a second time but the dealershjip did not tell my daughter she was going to be the third owner she was told she was the second owner. And now after contacting the corporate office of GM when one of the upper management found that replacing the head gasket this time would make it no 4. So you see replacing it doesn’t work either. They needed to fix the whole problem not just part of the problem which means that engine sucks.

• I’m an ASE certified mechanic, there is NO such thing as "Mechanic in a Bottle". However I used duraseal to fix my friends 2001 BMW 330i because he didn’t have the $ to repair it properly and it worked without question. 4 weeks later It still holds firm. I also used the oil additive as well and again it worked on the first time around. Then 2 weeks later this week past I tried the same application on my 96 BMW Z3 and it failed. I haven’t contacted Customer support yet and if they give me the run around I may take a trip out there and and collect face to face!

However all BS aside the truth behind the mechanics is this. All engines and heads are different, the same goes for the driving conditions that lead up to the head gasket failure. If your in a Northstar, BMW, Porsche, or any car with an aluminum head. The MOMENT any vehicle starts to get hot you MUST pull over immediately especially so if you have an aluminum head or the head WILL warp/crack/twist ect and will be un-repairable. It doesn’t matter how close the gas station/home is PULL OVER and call AAA.

Good Luck to all, so far for me its 50/50.

• larry williams is also has a leak in his ****. That **** dont work.

• chris has a leak of c*m coming out of his a*s… Thats why he works there.

• Luckily for you this website allows d**k heads like you to have their say even if their full of s**t and don’t even know what their talking about.

• Just went to the company’s website before checking reviews and it seems like the videos are shot from an angle. As if something was behind the tailpipe blowing out smoke in sync with the reving of the engine. It would be a good idea to show the back of the car from the rear so you have a clear view that there is no illusion or possible illusion happening. The angle just shows the side. Just an observation. Kinda shady if you ask me.

• I have a 1996 subaru with a 2.5 liter engine. I ordered and used the dura seal product and the first application failed. Following the instructions to the letter I then order the second application and it also failed to fix the problem. I called the tech department and spoke to Chris. He was very condescending and rude. He also told me that I was wasting his time. They refused to honor the money back guarantee so my advice to anyone contemplating using the dura seal product to save your time and money. It doesn’t work and they change the money back guarantee stipulations to suit their needs even after you have paid for the treatment. The guarantee isn’t worth the paper it would take to write it on.

• all these people who leave good comment apparently are tied to the company, but also since you pay with credit card you can always dispute it and since it had a money back guarantee you can get the money back , or am i wrong?
    also an advice for those of you with foul language just slow down, have manners-everybody will know you are tied to the company that way

• Right, I might do just that, dispute . I am about to use a fourth treatment of this product. Joe Lapp, my fiance experienced similar with chris master mechanic on 1/30/13 with chris saying that its not his screwed up, its yours. Told fiance to drain radiator add wayer, drive an see what engine do, of course over heated plus straight water in 20 degree temps, never. ( engine black would be cracked for real along with blown hg) I started having over heating issues after using third treatment the leave in sealer. first, second, or third treatment did not last long. Good luck to anyone using duraseal, not much luck on my 2002 caddy going on round four, might contact BBB.

• I am going to stick my two cents in this post for what its worth. After being a mechanic on all types of equipment throughout the years I have found these products to work in "specific" situations only. Every leak is different in its type and cause. These stop leaks for the most part are "TEMPORARY" until permant repairs can be made. If a seal has been physically damaged it will not work most times. A worn seal degraded from years of use "may" re-swell and seal but its a limited time cure. Make the repairs and don’t blame the company for trying. Ultimately it is your decision. Think of it as a "spare tire" and get the leak fixed when you can.

• Duraseal, headgasket repair for northstar engine. Ive purchased the repair kit for my 2002 cadillac deville, blown head gasket. It worked for about 2 months, started over heating again talked to tech chris, I was sent a second stronger treatment paid 29.95 , last about 30 days, spoke chris an told him started over heating again on 1/2/13 , their sending me a leave in sealer an duraseal extreme packet paid 16.86. Chris has never been

rude to me, just hope the leave in sealer work this time. I do not have anything bad to say about company, ford, gmc all sell similar sealers, pellets

• The people responding obviously are connected to the company.

• Dear:

Mr. Rafael Jose Magallanes, Complaint #1

of 1455 Cable Ranch Road apt. 1014

San Antonio, TX. 78245 (210) 392-7096 (210) 815-8829

I have read your complaint about the oil stop leak. I am a certified mechcanic in New York and your description of what happened to your vehicle is rediculus!!! Adding any type of oil stop leak to your engine would in no way cause your header/exhaust pipes to become damaged. The oil system and exhaust system in your engine are not connected in anyway! Your simply an idiot and have no idea what your talking about. luckily for you, you actually found the one website on the internet which would actually allow someone to make a complaint about some business and actually charge the business $495.00 to remove the complaint. What a country!!!

• Your right Rafael s an idiot! I typed his name in the search for this website and look what I found on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could’nt belive it…. If you don’t try for yourself, just type his name in the search-block and WOW. What an ****..lol

Rafael Jose Magallanes

Who is Rafael Jose Magallanes?

Get Information about Rafael Jose Magallanes Here!

Filed Under: People By Last Name – M

Address:

1455 Cable Ranch Rd Apt#1014

San Antonio, Texas

Phone: 210-815-8829

Posted On: September 6, 2012

Posted By: Mike Johnen

Rafael Jose Magallanes found my ad on backpage.com for a male escort. He called me and we sent up a date. I met him at a local club and we had dinner and some drinks. Later we went back to his apartment and really got to know each other A LOT better and later he even asked me to stay the night at his apartment and have even more fun. I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET PAID 150 BUCKS FOR THE NIGHT OUT AND DINNER BUT SINCE HE WANTED ME TO STAY THE NIGHT I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET PAID ANOTHER 250 DOLLARS!!! the next morning he only paid me the 150!!!!

• I used the DuraSeal Oil Stop Leak in two cars and it WORKED IN BOTH!!!! I was losing about a quart a week in my van and my Toyota Camary was always leaving a few drops on my driveway each day. I used the Dura Seal on the van and it totally stopped the van’s leak in about 4 days. On that Camary it slowed it down alot but I still had a few drops a week so I called them back and they sent out another bottle for free to me, I just had to pay shipping. The second bottle took care of the oil leak on the Camary. I’m a happy customer! By the way the tech dept. was very nice and helpful. Great product, and good people over there at DuarSeal…

• i’ve ordered 3 permatech rear main seal for a total of $100 wasted!!!!!!!!!! of course i ordered one at a time until i have put 3 in my vehicle. to be honest it makes my oil leak more. this product is garbage and please don’t buy it it’s a waste of money and it’s not guaranteed product..

use your common sense and don’t use a product that is not guaranteed to work. don’t buy it. when it doesn’t work all chris is going to do is encourage you to order more and it won’t make a difference but make it worse.

• I used the Permatech oil stopleak and it worked for me! I talked with chris and he never seemed pushy or rude. From reading your comment you just sound like an ****! I’d reccomend their product to anyone. It works and they actually will send out more sealer if you need more. Try going to your local auto-parts store and asking for more sealer for free…

• Duraseal did not work for me. Chris at Duraseal was quite awful as a tech and CSR. Duraseal warranty is BS. There is no money back. Duraseal may work on some cars, but it is relatively expensive and Chris is rude and abrasive and sells snakeoil.

• I dont know what your talking about… I found that they were very helpful and very pleasent let alone very knowledgeable. They explained what my vehicles problem was and how their product would help. their DuraSeal sealer worked for me and did exactly what they said it would. My cars been running great ever since, been almost 8 months now. Great product and great people over there…

• abrasive the man is really crazy havent used it yet now i dont know if i should the language use on the phone would get you arrested if done in public how he could run a business is really questionable