National Home Services Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Average Rating: 1.00 of 5
Based On: 1 Review / Complaint
Number Of Comments: 1 comment

Most Recent Complaint About National Home Services

National Home Services - Beware of people on your doorstep!

On Jan. 13, 2012 I purchased my home. Subsequent to taking possession I received a bill dated prior to my moving in and I found that the Reliance rental water heater had been replaced with one from National Home Services. Reliance had never been notified that their property had been removed from the home. I arranged for the removal of the National water heater and the installation of a Reliance product. In repeated discussions with National over a two week period they could find no record of my address, the previous owner, or any file whatsoever pertaining to the National water heater in my home. Despite that fact they claimed I was responsible for the contract and refused to pick up their property.

It wasn’t until I advised them, after my fourth lengthy phone call, that the water heater was going out on the boulevard as of 5:00 that day, that they arrived to pick it up. Fast forward one year to today. A young lady presented herself at the front door and advised my husband that she was there to record information on the water heater and that she was there to arrange its replacement with a more eco-friendly model. My husband has Parkinson’s and didn’t question her inference that she was from Reliance.

When I became aware of her in the basement I began questioning her why Reliance would be replacing a water heater that was only a year old. I explained to her the difficulty we had had the previous year with some company called National and how Reliance had installed the new heater.

AT THIS POINT SHE DID NOT SAY SHE WAS FROM NATIONAL. She continued to say that WE WERE ALREADY PAYING FOR the eco-friendly model and we would see a further savings on our gas bill of 25%. These references to our current bills were specifically designed to infer she was from Reliance. When she came out from behind the water heater I again stated my confusion about how we could already be paying for a newer model and I had seen no changes on our Reliance bill. DESPITE MY REPEATED STATEMENTS THAT THIS WAS A RELIANCE WATER HEATER SHE NEVER CLARIFIED THAT SHE WAS NOT FROM RELIANCE.

It was at this point that she slightly lowered the clipboard she was carrying and I saw the National logo on her jacket. I asked her if she was there on behalf of Reliance and she sidestepped the question and again stated we would be seeing savings and they would replace the waterheater with no problem. I said that this was a Reliance water heater and again asked if she was from Reliance. She said that they would replace the Reliance heater with one from National. I was astounded that after everything I had just been saying that she had never clarified that she was from National not Reliance.

I ordered her out of the house and the whole way to the door she kept inferring that we were National customers and that they were doing us a favour by upgrading. She had deliberately tried to hide the fact she was from National and had held her clipboard in front of the logo on her jacket the whole time she was in the house. Had I not been put out by the fact that she had just appeared at the door with no appointment and had caught me at a bad time, or had my husband been home alone, I would now be fighting with National again.

I have no doubt now that the elderly gentleman I purchased from was tricked, as he maintained, into replacing the Reliance heater with the National product and that it had never been explained to him that they were two entirely different companys with no affiliation.

THE NATIONAL HOME SERVICES COMPANY HAS NO ETHICS AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. THE FACT THAT THEY ARE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO OPERATE SHOWS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE LAWS GOVERNING THIS TYPE OF MATTER. THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD SHUT THEM DOWN. The tag on their water heater shows nothing but their name and phone number. Any reputable company would list far more information.

National Home Services Reviews and Complaints

Click To Search For National Home Services Complaints

User Thoughts About National Home Services

One thought on “National Home Services

1. wow… just bewildering…
    I was naive and gave national the time of day – being open minded and hearing their side of the "appliance rental wars" story. Long story short, I did find their case somewhat compelling, allowing for switch-over. I was told, upon inspection, that my heater was made in 2001 (I later learned that it was made in 2011). I was told that reliance SHOULD be giving annual inspections and is neglectful in doing so (hot water heaters DO NOT require that much attention – 3 to 4 years suffices) I was not warned that switching would require paying the remainder $1200 for my existing reliance unit. I quickly called and cancelled the installation. Reliance has always been very easy to deal with over the phone and very responsive when having a service person come to my home for any issue. No reason to switch, especially in light of their aggressive and deceptive door-to-door tactics. I understand that it's difficult to reach your target audience, but lack of integrity isn't going to win you good business.