PelPro Wood Pellet Stoves Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Based On: 2 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About PelPro Wood Pellet Stoves

Pelpro Stove - disappointed with the customer service department

To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased your product, the PelPro Stove, on 11182011. Since its installation we have used it approximately 8 months… The Auger motor has stopped running. After speaking with the technicians from PelPro and performing all the tests they suggested. Including testing the Auger manually by directly plugging it into the wall.

According to your technicians, the motor needs to be replaced. In addition to that the back plate, where the brick sits on, corroded after 4 months of use. I have used all kinds of pellets, sifting each load as I use them. I am very conscious of keeping the stove and exhaust system clean at all times.

The product just does not hold up. At this point I would not feel confident recommending your product or purchasing anything else from your company.
Aside from my disappointment with the product I am disappointed with the customer service department. I have been waiting to hear back from a representative to see if the parts needed, will be covered under some sort of warranty. I certainly should not have to purchase and install a new auger motor at the age of the stove.

Because of this I have had to use very expensive oil to heat my home, that I can not afford, hence the pellet stove.

Please get back to me as to what is going to be done about this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

William J. Arigo
3 Pemmican Way
Halifax, MA 02338
781-738-4765

Pb42936@comcast.net

View Comments View More PelPro Wood Pellet Stoves Complaints

Is PelPro Wood Pellet Stoves a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

User Thoughts About PelPro Wood Pellet Stoves

7 thoughts on “PelPro Wood Pellet Stoves

1. Nearing the end of the eighth season with my Pelpro pellet stove, burning six to eight tons of pellets per year. It takes a few seasons to really learn your stove, and discover which pellets work best in it. I've replaced only the auger bushings, in the sixth year. I bought a replacement auger motor once, thinking that it was bad, but it turned out to only need lubrication. I've heard that some users must replace igniters often, but I've never had the problem. I only wish it had an ash drawer instead of having to vacuum out all the ash.

2. This my third winter for my Pelpro stove, and We've replaced the burning grate the second winter and it needs to be replaced again. I'm sorry, but the grate should last longer than a year with reasonable care.

3. I have had more problems than success with our Pel Pro 120 bought as a refurbished unit. After installing it, the unit would not work. The auger was jambed and full of deep scratches from someone trying to turn it with a pliers. After dismantling it and polishing the flighting , I got the unit to work. Then the combustion fan motor failed. The sealed bearings froze. I installed a motor from the shelf and replaced the bearings so that I have a backup. Later the auger moter failed. That I dismanteled, cleaned and lubricated to get that working. Now into the second season the Circuit Board has failed so that I can only start or stop the stove .No programing can be accomplished. I bought this unit as I am tired of buying China's junk. We are paying developing countries to accept their trash here. I have been in service work all my life . First we had to train Japan and Germany, then Mexico and Korea and all the rest that our companies cater to because they are cheaper. What price we are paying to produce trash that barely can get off the shelf before it fails.

4. I purchased a PelPro back in November. I used it three weeks and the auger motor burnt out. I have been dealing with their customer service department ever since. First they sent me the wrong motor, then the correct one was out of stock. That was finally shipped – to the wrong address and I never got it. I am now waiting again for the motor – that is again out of stock. I would NEVER purchase anything from this company again.

5. I have a Pellet stove Purchase at Menards and either place wants to warranty the stove. What a waste of 1800.00 $ I HAVE ONLY HAD THIS FOR 1 MONTH

6. Purchased the Pel Pro stove….used it five months…and the circuit board went bad. Customer service was happy to sell me another for three hundred dollars. They said it was guaranteed for one year…..i have had the stove for a year but didn't use it during the summer…..i used it five months. Looking on the web,i get the feeling this particular part is a common fault and serious money maker for the distributors. I am not at all pleased with this product. The repair pieces are very expensive and prone to go out within a year or two. the money i save by not buying oil is spent on keeping this thing working properly. If you get a chance to pass this brand up….take it.

7. I am having a problem with the pellet grate burning through the bottoms. I have replaced a grate and the same thing is happening to it. I took the grate to a metallurgical company to find out what kind of metal was in the grate, and they determined that a very low degree of stainless is in these grates. First theing they did is put a magnet on it and it stuck fast. Do you have a replacement grate made of a "Good quality stainless" ? Please advise! (Pelpro)