Beltone Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Steve Brinkman - Owner
Corp Website: beltone.com

Beltone Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Beltone Complaint Filed

Is Beltone a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Hearing Aids Directory Listing

This old man was cheated by Beltone, 5925 Forest Ln., Ste. #105, Dallas, TX (zip code not given)

The dispensing audiologist, Christine Johnson, asked me to try a hearing device for a month (ending April 21, 2013), informing me that I could return it within that time, free of charge. I tried it for a few days and realized that I really didn’t like it. I returned it on April 9, 2013. It was way too expensive, costing $2158 plus interest, and wouldn’t stay on my ear.

When I returned it, Ms Johnson said if I got billed for the device, I should ignore the billing. I received a bill yesterday for the exorbitant amount of $400, just for trying the instrument. I’m an old man, aged 76, on Social Security, I can’t afford this bill, as I couldn’t afford the hearing aid. I’m glad I didn’t ignore the bill. It has a high interest rate. The interest alone, which they’ve already charged me, is over $16.00 That makes a rate of, what? 4%? per month. That’s 48% per year if my quick math is right. I shouldn’t be charged the $400 or the interest rate on it. I should be able to return the hearing aid free of charge, since I don’t like it.

I suppose the company will say the charge and the interest rate are in the contract. Ms Johnson glossed over the contract when she asked me to sign it, saying it was a mere formality, so she could prove she let me take the instrument. She did not show me that $400 charge for trying it. I believe that I’ve been severely cheated.

10 Most Recent Beltone Complaints