YMCA Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: George Williams - Founder
Corp Website: ymca.net

YMCA Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest YMCA Complaint

Is YMCA a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Gyms / Fitness Clubs Directory ListingYMCA of the USA Listing

False advertising gets your money

Specifically the YMCA in Burbank, Ca. They list activities and classes for each month which is on their website for download. I was searching for Martial Arts classes for my 7yo. This location listed Free Martial Arts Classes for members as well as Hip Hop Dance and Break Dancing classes all free to members. So i thought this would be a great opportunity for my 7yo to explore some activities.

I Joined, Putting up my credit card info for monthly billing. But within 24hours discovered disturbing reality that all was not well at this location. We came to attend the Break Dance class and the Kids Club Class the next day only to find our self and other kids waiting and waiting. Not even a staff member arrived to let us know the classes were cancelled or anything of the sort. Other parents finally said to me that there were no instructors.

Giving it another chance we came to attend the Martial Arts class on Saturday…no instructor, no class, no staff member to notify us. All in all we tried to attend The Hip Hop Class on Wed, Break Dance Class on Thurs, Kids Club on Thurs, Martial Arts Class on Friday within the two weeks we had membership at this establishment.

Finally after No instructor again for the Hip Hop class, i canceled my membership, but was denied a refund of my enrollment fee, and prepaid membership fee.

Surely this is false advertising to list classes then not have them not to mention to the fact that it was fraud for taking out money without providing promised services.

Hopefully they won’t try to charge my card even though i cancelled as i have read from other reviews from other locations. I already loss money, time, gas. Do not get trapped here if you can help it at all, or are on a tight budget to keep your kids active and happy.

Burbank community YMCA – 321 E Magnolia Blvd Burbank California 91502 | 818-845-8551 burbankymca.org

25 Most Recent YMCA Complaints