LA Fitness Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Jill Greuling - V.P. of Operations
Corp Website: lafitness.com

LA Fitness Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest LA Fitness Complaint

Is LA Fitness a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Gyms / Fitness Clubs Directory ListingL.A. Fitness International, LLC Listing

Breach of Agreement by LA Fitness

In order to join the gym, I had to pay first and last months dues.

I mailed in a cancellation of membership 2 weeks before my billing was due.

LA Fitness never processed the cancellation and attempted to collect dues, even though the last month was already paid for.

When I called to cancel the membership again, I was told that they would cancel it that day, and I would no longer have access to the gym even though the last month of dues I prepaid does not expire for another 24 days.

10 Most Recent LA Fitness Complaints

Consumer Comments For LA Fitness

• I am glad you didnt get anything. You knew it was wet you slipped your fault period! I am so tired of folks like you being nidgewits and then trying to get money for being careless. So glad you got nothing!!

• I thought it was important to show you what our LA Fitness in Deerfield Beach (1000 East Hillsboro Blvd. Deerfield Beach, FL 33441. (954) 418-3330), gym looks like at 5:00 a.m. every morning of the week! Saturday, Sunday and Monday mornings are by far the MOST disgusting days to enter the gym. Not only is it filthy but it’s a mess. You should be paying our morning workout team for putting back weights wiping down nasty sweat and kicking trash to the side so that we can actually workout without used paper towels and empty bottles all around us. We get up at 4:00 a.m. so that we can work out and get to OUR JOBS on time, however our workouts are always cut short because we have to run around and find the weights that are laying around all over INCLUDING the restrooms!!! ??? These pictures are not showing the cardio area which is disturbing, I don’t mind taking pictures to show you what a pigsty it is. I have addressed this with the manager are this location TWICE and he “promised” me this would not happen again. The manager that you have running this location is making LA Fitness in general look bad. He seems to take no pride in his job or establishment. Like most times, on Sunday night 08/25/13 the assigned person at the front desk was in deep conversation with about 4-6 other LA staff members and was too bothered to scan your member cards and allowed people to pass without their membership scanned, no big deal to me or the rest of the public…..However what is really disturbing is while these employees who are on your payroll standing around talking amongst each other, flirting with members, NO ONE is paying attention to the floor!! No one is out there assisting or cleaning up or putting weights back. And when it’s time to close they have got paid for chatting with the front desk and members and not for putting the weights in their place and pick up garbage here and there. This is left for us, the A.M. gym members. I think you guys have a serious problem on your hands, I am speaking for many members at this gym and we are considering cancelling our memberships…….we have been loyal members for 3-8 year and DESERVE to walk in to a clean an put together gym. I’m not done posting this, it will go to many more sites, e-mails etc. until something is done at this gym! Whether we still be there or for the people who will be left. SO MUCH FOR “CLUB PRIDE?!” WHAT A JOKE!

Welcome to LA Fitness Deerfield Beach
    1000 East Hillsboro Blvd. Deerfield Beach, FL 33441

***THIS IS WHAT THIS GYM LOOKS LIKE AT 5:00 AM EVERY MORNING*** http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/HereToSpeakUp/s

• i was a member of la fitness on panola rd lithonia ga i had joined right around the first couple of days they were open. i was able to workout there for about two weeks before i get a call from la fitness saying my membership had been revoked for training inside of there gym. but the crazy part about it i was never warned or anything. so my wife went there to see what the issue was since i couldn’t go back in and come to find out they didn’t know she was my wife and the reason i was kicked out was for working out with her. so when she tries to clear the issue up with them they say its nothing they can do about it. i was kicked out of a gym that i grew to love because i worked out with my wife

• When companies become successful, they quickly forget to provide quality customer service. I am very disappointed tin the fact that LA Fitness has such a commanding share of the market in the Metropolitan Detroit area. Although my personal interest in fitness is temperamental; my current disbelief in their lack of quality customer service has peaked my interest.

• LA FITNESS SCAM…
    I was going to travel abroad and I cancelled my membership in writing which was month to month no contract after I came back 11 months later I find out that there were charging me for 12 dollar every month. I called them and ask what was the 12 dollar they said I was put on hold so welcome back to LA F- haha DO NOT GIVE TO YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO LA FITNESS…

• In February, the company offered an extra month of membership for renewals prior to the expiration date. I renewed well before, but the extra month was not included. When I called, the agent told me the company changed its policy and would not honor the offer. This is most disappointing, primarily due to the lack of honor displayed by the corporate hierarchy. The good news is that there is more than one way of resolving this, which most certainly will cost the company far more than the small revenue shortfall that would have resulted from handling this properly.

• CANCELLATION SCAM at L.A. FITNESS! Got a call in 2011 about credit card that didn’t go through for our 3 memberships. We told them to use the card for 2 of the three but to cancel the third membership, since that member of the family had never and would never use it. They agreed they would go ahead and charge the card for 2 but not for the third. Sent form in, as well.
    Discovered 2 years later that they reinstated charges on for the third member of the family a month or two later,
    without our consent. Hence, we have paid an extra $700+.
    Phone reps have verified that our cancellation request was noted on 4/28/11 and that they had agreed not to charge. However, they now say they never received the form so it was in their rights to simply use the credit card they had on file for the other two and reinstate the charges. Hence, the extra two years of charges. She said it was on us that we hadn’t noticed on the statements.
    Pretty handy way to make some extra money, L.A. Fitness. DON’T BELIEVE IT WHEN THEY SAY
    "CANCEL AT ANY TIME". If you do, get it in writing.

• Beware of signing a personal training contract. You will not see the contract or fully aware of the terms until you sign on a magnetic/ computer signature boxes. You only have 7 days days to cancel, of which you are not told and is in mice print in the contract. If your credit card expires, they will call you incessantly, threatening you with all kinds of late fees until you give them another card. They called me over 20 times over 3 days.

• That was the La fitness in Kennesaw Georgia on wade green road !

• If they keep billing you I would suggest changing your credit card!!

• I joined LA Fitness 2 weeks ago and can already tell that there’s no body to observe what’s going on in the gym. A person could have a heart attack and no personal would ever take notice. This corp is total bs. They have nice equipment if you can wait 15-20 min until a rep gets off the phone to get help on a simple anything. I miss when folks gave a darn. Once you turn down a rip off personal trainer (thank god I didn’t fall for that crap)!!! program. you’re invisible. Just ask another member who looks kind and hope for the best because that’s the best you’re gonna get there.

• I am an personal trainer employee of L.A. Fit, I know this is a forum to insight change or draw attention to many issues that the bucks are being past instead of facing the issues head on and correcting them. I agree with 100% of the previous comments. Me , as an employee get the run around when it comes to information. As a Trainer with a background in Kinesiology, Rehabilitation, and Performance I only get paid for 1 Certification , when with my education it should be all 3. Not to mention the promise after promise of a raise( which is always in process). I got into training because I love the way people progress and achieve their goals, and that is the "ONLY" reason I have not left. I wont be there forever but at the same time others will work there and it jus has to get better. If you work at L.A. Fit and you want the change whichever address they have flood it with complaints and offer ways to help change all the issues because now it is terrible!!!!

• I have been member of LA fitness for 1 year (two times). Its always hard to cancel gym membership and you would always end up paying one or two months extra. The real scam is the personal training program. I joined the program along with a friend and was told that personnel training fees would be split-ted between two of us. We were greeted very warmly on the first day, after signing the contract skeletons started falling from the cupboard. For first 6 sessions had 3 different trainers, nobody had any idea of what exercise we did or should be doing and even had conflicting training facts.

My exercise journal was entirely blank but I was glad to have my 3 page photo copy of diet program. Things started to get even worse nobody took any measurements or had any future fitness path. At times trainer didn’t ask a single question before starting and just showed me how to squat and pull strings for 30 mins. When I complained to George I was told that I should have told him earlier nevertheless he gave me two 10 min sessions to compensate. I went practically every week day for 1.5 hrs but had no idea what exercises to do. My iPhone app did a way better job.

After discussing with other friends I requested gym to cancel my personnel training sessions and then to my horror I was told that I don’t "understand" terms and conditions because they are too complicated for me. I was given a number in California because local people do not have full authority, in exact words "they can only pass my credit information".

After calling the HQ in California I was told to contact my Local gym membership because I am in contract and I would be billed anyway with or without services. Guys at gym did understand my grievance but were reluctant as I was in contract and only way out is if I move out to a place which doesn’t have a LA fitness, get a Driver License there and send copy of it as the new address prof. The worst they put everything on me and laughed at my naivety cause I signed the contract. I don’t understand how can their lawyers make such a one sided contract. They shamelessly agreed to poor service but there is no way out, I wish I was not that gullible. My only comfort is that after reading this there would at-least one less victim.

• I have been a member since our local club began in 2005. My wife has cancelled her membership and it has taken a month, multiple emails and calls, and failed attempts on the website to get the forms. In addition to this LA Fitness seems to really carry an apathetic attitude as to whether we stay, referred new members (which we did 5 times), or went to the gym. Probably the nicest workers are the custodians.

• LA fitness is an armpit!

Today 10-27-12 LA fitness Tustin surpassed even my low and nill expectations for their terrible filthy mess.

3 bikes were out of action and three peices of equipment. Floor was littered with weights and barbells and the staff (as usual) was engrossed in their phones and computer screens.

The carpet is delaminating, no one concerned about their safety should use the showers and I really appreciated their concern when the police had to come and break up a fight in the Zumba class because these idiots let 110 people into the class at a time. Its just god awful!

• REGARDING: LA FITNESS AT TALBERT ST FOUNTAIN VALLEY CA 92708

DURING THE SEPTEMBER, THE STEAM ROOM, SONAR ROOM HAD LIGHT OFF, SOME OF PEOPLE USE THOSE ROOMS AS THE HOMOSEXUAL PLACE , FREE TO DO EVERYTHING, IT WAS NOT THE GOOD PLACE FOR EXCERCISE AND SPORT CLUB. THE MANAGER SHOULD TAKE CARE AS SOON AS POSIBLE BEFORE IT TURN BAD

• The sales person lied to me when I signed up for personal training – said I was able to stop doing sessions whenever I wanted – NOT THE CASE. Called to cancel, went in to the gym to call and got the runaround for 2 weeks! Finally I called head office who basically said YOU SIGNED UP FOR IT SO YOU’RE STUCK WITH IT!

What kind of customer service is that?! and why are they not asking the sales person about their sales pitch. false information!!!!

I then froze my personal training and they took the money from my account anyways.

Nice clean gym but HORRIBLE customer service!

• Rachel, what did you do in the end? Did you take any actions? I am in the same situation – lied into a contract I did not see for over a month. I am looking for suggestions. Thanks,

• LA Fitness Vaughan has the most horrific approach to members. I went in to inquiry if my Don Mills membership was good there and they wouldn’t even speak to me. Sent me to Don Mills. My friend who is a member was kicked out of the pool for being on deck in shorts and not wearing a bathing suit. No warning, no polite conversation. Treated her like dirt.

They make up policies as they go along and can’t even defend them.

Stay far away from the place.

• Complete misrepresentation. I went in to LA Fitness Vaughan located in July 2012 and told them that before I sat down I wanted to make sure I can cancel at any time without penalty. The guy takes out a contract and highlights the part where it says I CAN cancel with written notice 10 days before my next payment. Convinces me to get a trainer, sign sign sign and away you go Miss with my two toddlers in my hands. I have been injured with a foot problem and cant use the membership so I canceled it only to find out that I can cancel the Membership but no the personal trainer. Are you kidding me? How can I even have a personal trainer if I don’t have a membership anymore. How can I even use it if I can bear weight on my feet more that 30 minutes. CROSS SELLING PEOPLE….it’s illegal.