These days, the use of the Internet for everyday purposes – such as paying bills and shopping for groceries – has grown quite dramatically. In fact, some research suggests that as much as 68% of the population rely on the Internet to perform basic consumer tasks. While using the Internet in this manner may be quite convenient, it can also be relatively risky. In fact, unsuspecting consumers can often be the victims of fraud, theft, and other similar crimes when using the Internet as a resource. Recently Ripoff Report has been the center of attention for consumers thinking they are doing good but actually getting ripped off by the site itself!
Individuals who are interested in preventing these events from occurring should obtain a basic understanding of consumer awareness, and how it can be beneficial. In addition, recognizing safe forms of online shopping, how to prevent online fraud, and the availability of legal and crime prevention can be effective for individuals who wish to learn more about this important concept. ComplaintsList.com offers a unique opportunity for customers and consumers to file complaints about companies and businesses to help protect the general public. Users can submit customer complaints about companies, websites, people, email addresses, and phone numbers to explain what happened to them and help prevent others from experiencing the same pitfalls. You can also view some of our lists of top viewed companies such as
- JustFab – 36,295,433 Views – November 25, 2013
- NoMoreRack – 35,598,544 Views – November 21, 2013
- ScoreSense – 35,098,912 Views – November 26, 2013
- Ally Auto – 34,687,652 Views – November 20, 2013
- NuWave PIC Oven – 34,598,572 Views – November 21, 2013
most search companies such as
- Dean Graziosi – 11,154,701 Searches – November 26, 2013
- Hoveround – 11,166,785 Searches – November 24, 2013
- Carrot Ink – 11,275,775 Searches – November 16, 2013
- LA Fitness – 11,343,976 Searches – November 16, 2013
and least viewed companies at these links.
Definition of Consumer Awareness
- Center for Negotiation and Conflict Resolution— CNCR devotes time and resources to fostering collaborative, non-adversarial processes for developing public policy, and provides technical assistance to agencies and others to advance collaborative undertakings, particularly regional and statewide efforts that cross traditional political structures and involve groups that perceive themselves as contenders in conflict.
- Consumer Awareness— Provides a basic definition of the concept of consumer awareness for individuals interested in learning more about the topic.
- The Viewpaper: Consumer Awareness—Highlights the importance of consumer awareness for individuals of all ages.
- Theft/Consumer Awareness—Identifies ways in which consumers can become more aware of their surroundings and environment.
- Family Child Care Consumer Awareness Information—Describes important factors that should be considered when it comes to child care.
- Consumer Awareness Institute—Identifies organization devoted to the education of consumers around the United States.
- US Century Bank: Consumer Awareness—Links and resources for individuals concerned about consumer awareness.
- Consumer Awareness—Tips for consumer awareness when using a Wi-Fi connection.
- How to Shop Online More Safely—Tips and recommendations for safety while shopping on the Internet.
- 11 Tips for Safe Online Shopping—Identifies some of the most effective ways to stay safe while shopping online.
- Need to Know: Safe Online Shopping—Suggestions and recommendations to ensure safety during online shopping.
- Tips to Protect Yourself While Shopping Online—Describes some of the most effective way to avoid dangers during online shopping.
- ShopSafe Service—Discusses a tool that can ensure safety while shopping on the Internet.
- Online Shopping, Auctions, and Payment—Lists resources for individuals interested in maintaining safety while participating in online auctions.
- Shop Online Safely—Discusses the risks of online shopping and how they can be avoided.
- How to Avoid Online Frauds—Recommendations for individuals interested in the prevention of online fraud.
- How to Avoid Online Fraud—Top tips for individuals from all parts of the world who hope to avoid online fraud.
- How to Avoid Online Scams—Information on the avoidance of online scams and other forms of fraud.
- Internet Fraud—Identifies Internet fraud and provides information on how it can be avoided.
- Internet Fraud Tips—Suggestions and recommendations on ways to avoid online fraud for consumers.
- Avoiding Online Scams—What to do and not do when it comes to avoiding online scams.
- How to Avoid Online Auction Fraud—Tips to avoid online auction fraud and other forms of Internet fraud.
Consumer Legal Protection
- Legal Protection for Customers—Identifies different forms of protection for consumers.
- Protection of Consumers’ Economic and Legal Interests—Describes different rights available to consumers around the world.
- Massachusetts Law About Consumer Protection—Identifies consumers laws in Massachusetts.
- Wisconsin State Law Library: Consumer Protection—Forms, guides, laws, and other information about consumer protection in Wisconsin.
- Historical Evolution of Consumer Protection and Law in India—Identifies the ways in which consumer protection has evolved in India over the past several years.
- Consumer Protection Without Law—Information on consumer protection for individuals across the world.
Online Crime Prevention
- Online Crime Prevention is Topic of Meeting—Identifies local meetings focused on the importance of online crime prevention.
- Internet Safety—Identifies how crime can be prevented with basic online safety tips.
- Australian Federal Police: Crime Prevention—Describes some of the best ways to avoid online crime.
- Online Crime—Discusses methods of online crime prevention for individuals of all ages.
- Toronto Police Service: Internet Safety—Information for kids and adults on methods of Internet crime avoidance.
- Crime Prevention Web Sites—Further information for individuals interested in online crime avoidance.
Online Crime Victim Resources
- National Center for Victims of Crime—Resources for victims of all types of crime, including online fraud.
- Office for Victims of Crime—Information for individuals who have been a victim on online crime.
- Crime Victims Services—Services for victims of crime.
- Crime Victim Services—Information and resources for crime victims.
- Victim Services Division—Identifies some of the resources available for victims of crime.
- Attorney General Pam Bondi: Crime Victims Services—Services available for victims of a crime.
Last Updated On: February 17, 2014