Market Basket Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Arthur T. Demoulas - CEO
Corp Website: marketbasketfoods.com

Market Basket Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Market Basket Complaint

Is Market Basket a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Grocery / Supermarket Directory Listing

Cheesy Customer Service

In the grand scheme of things my little problem is of no consequence to you but at the moment I am not a happy customer of the biddeford, maine, market basket… I was shopping there on thursday of this past week and was looking for utz cheese rings…. I have only seen these in this particular store in this area and tried them a week ago … My son and I really liked them so I wanted some more to share with my grandchildren who will all be here this weekend…

I asked a young man in the store (i believe he was an assistant manager but am not positive of this) if he knew where we could find them in the store… He helped us look and he went to ask someone out back about them and was told that they were getting more before the weekend so I said ok i’ll come back another time… The gentleman then suggested that I have some held at the customer service desk so that I would be assured of getting them…(i was just going to take my chances but he made the suggestion) so I said that would be great and I said I would come back on sunday to get them and I finished my shopping for that day and left with the knowledge that I had been treated very nicely in this store…

However, when I went in to pick them up today (that was the only reason I made the 40 mile round trip to that store) I was told that they knew nothing about the two containers that were to be held for me and since I didn’t know the name of the gentleman who helped me on thurs. That they couldn’t do anything for me and again they were sold out of this item… They tried to blame the utz vendor but he had nothing to do with it… It was the man in the store who suggested it and I trusted that he would do the right thing… Even if there was no name on the two containers the only one who would know that they were being held at the customer service desk would be the one they were being held for so that would have been me…

They told me there was nothing they could do for me …. Don’t get me wrong …I will shop there again as I do like the variety and the appearance and atmosphere of the whole store but at the moment I am not a happy customer… I live 20 miles away from this store and do not have the time nor the money to be going there if I am not going to get what I was told would be there waiting for me….
Next time I will get a name and I will call before I make the trip…
Customer service failed this time
Patty mcgloin

Biddeford market basket – alfred rd biddeford maine

25 Most Recent Market Basket Complaints

Consumer Comments For Market Basket

• Just came from Market Basket where I witnessed 2 boxes of raspberries fall out
    of their containers and scatter all over the floor dropped by an employee. I watched to see what would happen to said berries and 2 employees got on their knees and gathered them up in piles and returned them to their containers and put them back on the shelves. I approached them and told them what I saw and much to my surprise was told that is the policy . I insisted they take them off and with some attitude they did. I’m sure the berries went out back and quickly returned to the shelf. Is this common practice at every store or just Market Basket????

• MB is no longer a good deal. They no longer care about us. Flat cut corned beef this week at $4.29/lb in Bellingham, MA store. What – are you kidding me? Cheaper at Shaws and Hannaford. All prices in this store are now much higher than they used to be. But the biggest insult is the change in that stores bakery department. They used to make down the old bakery items to half price. Now they mark them down only 30%. I’ve had it! With 3 teenage boys I drop between 3 to 4 hundred dollars a week. I now will not shop at MB any more. I just returned home from Hannaford which is my new market now. Bellingham, Ma store: news flash…get back to the old prices and old ways or many others will follow me right out of your store! What are you giving us that the others are not? Nothing.

• market basket in rindge selling bad food exposed tort 12 that makes food toxic there selling it and they are been selli9ng bad food laty so im going to another store and not shop at market baskets stores again and alot of people are never going there again you going to lose lots of mony so you need to take care of this and get ne mananagenent

• BEEN SHOPPING AT MARKET BASKET SINCE IT OPENED UP IN LOWELL MASS SEVERAL YEARS AGO. MAYBE 45YEARS OR BETTER. LIVE IN NH NOW. HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE STORE IN STRATHAM NH. ON PORTSMOUTH AVE. IN THE LAST MONTH I HAVE HAD 3 DIFFERENT EPISODES THAT I DID NOT LIKE AT ALL. FIRST WAS HAMBURGE WITH A DEAD WORM IN IT, SECOND WAS THEY WOULD NOT CUT UP A TURNIP FOR ME, AND THE 3RD JUST HAPPENED YESTERDAY. I BOUGHT A CHUCK ROAST MONDAY, WAS GOING TO COOK IT WEDS. THE DATE ON PACKAGE WAS GOOD TIL 3 /23. WHEN I OPENED UP THE PACKAGE THE SMELL WAS HORRID AND THAT WHITE LINER WAS NOT IN THE PACKAGE. HAD TO THROW IT OUT……JUST LIKE YOUR HAMBURGE. MOVING ON TO ANOTHER GROCERY STORE. THE STORE IN STRATHAM IS SO OUT-DATED, AISLES ARE SO NARROW. ITS VERY CLEAN I CAN SAY THAT. THE PRODUCE DEPT. IT NOT THE BEST……….A LOT OF THE FRUITS AND VEGGIES HAVE SEEN BETTER DAY.S. I THINK THE MANAGER SHOULD BE AWARE OF STUFF LIKE THIS.

• The other day when I was shopping at the Market Basket in Concord NH, an elderly cashier announced to me "You can come down, but there is no one to wait on you". I thought she was joking. When I put my items on the belt, she said I’m serious,there is no one here." I went to the next register and then noticed that the first cashier was ringing someone out. When I asked her why she wouldn’t wait on me she only smiled. I have absolutely no idea why she did that. I left crying and did have a wonderful employee speak with me. I will never set foot in that store again, as long as I live.

• i was buying lobster in seabrook new hampshire when the lady behind the counter said to someone walking by look at my line, her line was long , well this guy came running over started yelling at her throwing bags around almost brought her to tears . after that i learned he was her manager i could not believe it i asked her if she was ok and if would like me to get a store manager and complain about him she begged me not to . Nobody should take that kind of abuse from anyone it makes the work envirement **** he needs to be responsible for his actions