Market Basket Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Arthur T. Demoulas - CEO
Corp Website: marketbasketfoods.com

Market Basket Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Market Basket Complaint

Is Market Basket a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Grocery / Supermarket Directory Listing

2 FOR $1

Market Basket has a habit of putting products on sale but at checkout the register comes up with the non-sale price. This has happened to me countless times and every time I have to go to the Customer Service booth to get it resolved. Last week, I purchased a package of pre-packed pickling cucumbers that said on the price tag: 2 for $1. Naturally, I assumed that it meant 2 packages for a $1 and I tool a package. At the checkout I was charged $1 instead of $0.50. I pointed it out to the cashier and she said I had to go Customer Service.

Now, 50 cents isn’t a big deal or worth my time, but the principle behind it is! So I went to Customer Service and was told that it meant 2 cucumbers for $1. I told her that there are 5 in the package. So she consulted with her manager and they decided to call the produce manager to explain to me what that meant. After waiting a few minutes I decided it really wasn’t worth it and asked for my receipt back so that I could leave, but the lady in Customer Service insisted I stay to hear the explanation.

When the produce manager finally arrived, he didn’t say hello or even look at me. He simply looked at the price tag and said that it was 2 for $1, to which I retorted 2 what? He said cucumbers. I explained again that these were pickling cucumbers and there were 5 in the package. He then said that I should be happy that I got 5 instead of 2 for $1. What nonsense.

By now I had lost my patience and told him that what the price tag suggested was that the customer gets 2 packages of cucumbers for $1 and not 2 cucumbers, since there are no packages with only 2 in them. Can you believe a pickling cucumber costing $1 each! Anyway, he argued that I was misunderstanding the label and we kept at it. In the end, I left a very frustrated and angry customer without resolving anything.

I will not return to Market Basket. There are many other more customer driven super markets in the area. Unfortunately, the attitude of most Market Basket employees is similar to the above. Believe it or not, the Customer Service lady told me she was going to call the store manager and I guess his office is located above where we were and he shouted down that he didn’t want to get involved! What a manager!

Market Basket 274 Hartford Ave Bellingham, MA 02019

Search For More Market Basket ComplaintsFile a Complaint About Market Basket

10 Most Recent Market Basket Complaints

Consumer Comments For Market Basket

• market basket in rindge selling bad food exposed tort 12 that makes food toxic there selling it and they are been selli9ng bad food laty so im going to another store and not shop at market baskets stores again and alot of people are never going there again you going to lose lots of mony so you need to take care of this and get ne mananagenent

• BEEN SHOPPING AT MARKET BASKET SINCE IT OPENED UP IN LOWELL MASS SEVERAL YEARS AGO. MAYBE 45YEARS OR BETTER. LIVE IN NH NOW. HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE STORE IN STRATHAM NH. ON PORTSMOUTH AVE. IN THE LAST MONTH I HAVE HAD 3 DIFFERENT EPISODES THAT I DID NOT LIKE AT ALL. FIRST WAS HAMBURGE WITH A DEAD WORM IN IT, SECOND WAS THEY WOULD NOT CUT UP A TURNIP FOR ME, AND THE 3RD JUST HAPPENED YESTERDAY. I BOUGHT A CHUCK ROAST MONDAY, WAS GOING TO COOK IT WEDS. THE DATE ON PACKAGE WAS GOOD TIL 3 /23. WHEN I OPENED UP THE PACKAGE THE SMELL WAS HORRID AND THAT WHITE LINER WAS NOT IN THE PACKAGE. HAD TO THROW IT OUT……JUST LIKE YOUR HAMBURGE. MOVING ON TO ANOTHER GROCERY STORE. THE STORE IN STRATHAM IS SO OUT-DATED, AISLES ARE SO NARROW. ITS VERY CLEAN I CAN SAY THAT. THE PRODUCE DEPT. IT NOT THE BEST……….A LOT OF THE FRUITS AND VEGGIES HAVE SEEN BETTER DAY.S. I THINK THE MANAGER SHOULD BE AWARE OF STUFF LIKE THIS.

• The other day when I was shopping at the Market Basket in Concord NH, an elderly cashier announced to me "You can come down, but there is no one to wait on you". I thought she was joking. When I put my items on the belt, she said I’m serious,there is no one here." I went to the next register and then noticed that the first cashier was ringing someone out. When I asked her why she wouldn’t wait on me she only smiled. I have absolutely no idea why she did that. I left crying and did have a wonderful employee speak with me. I will never set foot in that store again, as long as I live.

• i was buying lobster in seabrook new hampshire when the lady behind the counter said to someone walking by look at my line, her line was long , well this guy came running over started yelling at her throwing bags around almost brought her to tears . after that i learned he was her manager i could not believe it i asked her if she was ok and if would like me to get a store manager and complain about him she begged me not to . Nobody should take that kind of abuse from anyone it makes the work envirement **** he needs to be responsible for his actions