Market Basket Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Arthur T. Demoulas - CEO
Corp Website: marketbasketfoods.com

Market Basket Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Market Basket Complaint

Is Market Basket a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Grocery / Supermarket Directory Listing

Manager a Complete A&s H*(e

My wife is ill and often has memory problems. Sometimes she forgets she has no money in her account. She wrote a couple of bad checks to them but paid them the money later on. She is 60 years old and I am 67.

Today is Christmas Eve we went Market Basket to get some deserts for Christmas at my daughters house. My wife forget her Bank Check card so she tried to pay by check. She has several hundred is her account. They would not honor her Market Basket check card. We went to the courtesy booth and the store mangers came over, he refused to allow her to pay by check. My wife got angry and called him a a^s H&(l. He ordered her out of the store. He was being a complete jerk to my wife. At that point I offered to pay for the groceries with my charge card. He continue to be a jerk to my ill wife.

At that point I called him a a&8 h&*e also. This manager was very disrespectful to us and ordered me out of the store also and told his employee to call the police. I must say he was not man enough to try to removed us on his own. After a few minutes going back and forth with him we left.

The Market Basket store is in Hudson NH. I must say we supported them when they had all the problems with the hostile take over. For him to behave this way with an elderly couple is deplorable. The man needs at the least some sensitivity and customer service training for treating customers like this. Shame on you Market Basket. Perhaps you should just fire this manager. You should at the least give us an apology for this behavior. To treat anyone like this especially on Christmas Eve says a lot for the quality of your managers. If they treat there employees like this then you as a business are in trouble. We went to another store to get what we wanted. The police just showed up at our door. They said I was going to be charged with criminal threatening.

Market Basket – Lowell Road Hudson NH

10 Most Recent Market Basket Complaints

Consumer Comments For Market Basket

• market basket in rindge selling bad food exposed tort 12 that makes food toxic there selling it and they are been selli9ng bad food laty so im going to another store and not shop at market baskets stores again and alot of people are never going there again you going to lose lots of mony so you need to take care of this and get ne mananagenent

• BEEN SHOPPING AT MARKET BASKET SINCE IT OPENED UP IN LOWELL MASS SEVERAL YEARS AGO. MAYBE 45YEARS OR BETTER. LIVE IN NH NOW. HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE STORE IN STRATHAM NH. ON PORTSMOUTH AVE. IN THE LAST MONTH I HAVE HAD 3 DIFFERENT EPISODES THAT I DID NOT LIKE AT ALL. FIRST WAS HAMBURGE WITH A DEAD WORM IN IT, SECOND WAS THEY WOULD NOT CUT UP A TURNIP FOR ME, AND THE 3RD JUST HAPPENED YESTERDAY. I BOUGHT A CHUCK ROAST MONDAY, WAS GOING TO COOK IT WEDS. THE DATE ON PACKAGE WAS GOOD TIL 3 /23. WHEN I OPENED UP THE PACKAGE THE SMELL WAS HORRID AND THAT WHITE LINER WAS NOT IN THE PACKAGE. HAD TO THROW IT OUT……JUST LIKE YOUR HAMBURGE. MOVING ON TO ANOTHER GROCERY STORE. THE STORE IN STRATHAM IS SO OUT-DATED, AISLES ARE SO NARROW. ITS VERY CLEAN I CAN SAY THAT. THE PRODUCE DEPT. IT NOT THE BEST……….A LOT OF THE FRUITS AND VEGGIES HAVE SEEN BETTER DAY.S. I THINK THE MANAGER SHOULD BE AWARE OF STUFF LIKE THIS.

• The other day when I was shopping at the Market Basket in Concord NH, an elderly cashier announced to me "You can come down, but there is no one to wait on you". I thought she was joking. When I put my items on the belt, she said I’m serious,there is no one here." I went to the next register and then noticed that the first cashier was ringing someone out. When I asked her why she wouldn’t wait on me she only smiled. I have absolutely no idea why she did that. I left crying and did have a wonderful employee speak with me. I will never set foot in that store again, as long as I live.

• i was buying lobster in seabrook new hampshire when the lady behind the counter said to someone walking by look at my line, her line was long , well this guy came running over started yelling at her throwing bags around almost brought her to tears . after that i learned he was her manager i could not believe it i asked her if she was ok and if would like me to get a store manager and complain about him she begged me not to . Nobody should take that kind of abuse from anyone it makes the work envirement **** he needs to be responsible for his actions