Murphy Oil Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers SnapShot

Corp Email:
Company Contact: Steve Cosse - CEO President

Murphy Oil Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Murphy Oil Complaint

Is Murphy Oil a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Gas Stations Directory ListingMurphy Oil Corporation Listing

Unfair Practice

I pumped gas at the Murphy Oil Gas Station in Saraland AL on 4/11/15 and used my debit card. They put a $75.00 hold on my account for the gas. They also at the same time immediately took the $30.02 that I pumped. The charge was still there on 4/13/15 pending on my account.

I had written another check that I was afraid would be returned due to this bogus charge pending on my account. I spent 2 hours speaking with my bank and Murphy OIl corporate office trying to straighten this out. I was told that this is Murphy Oil’s standard practice and they can place a hold on your account for up to 36 hours even though they get the money immediately for the gas you pump.

I will never purchase gas from them again and will advise my friends and family to do the same.

Murphy Oil Gas Station Saraland Al Walmart

Consumer Comments For Murphy Oil

• Made a purchase of $10.39 and Murphy Gas puts through to my bank account like I charged $75 which caused me to have an overdraft fee since I only had $70 and change in my account. So now I am out $25 because and it causes me problems at my bank and hurts my standing because WITHOUT MY PERMISSION AND WITHOUT ME KNOWING you perpetrated that I made a $75 dollar charge at your gas station.

Where is it posted at the pumps or inside the store or for that matter why are the cashiers informing customers every single time that this will happen or is possible to happen?

Camden, SC residents will be informed of this shady practice by Murphy Oil Gas Station. Company is saying this is standard practice – what? to screw your CUSTOMERS over = but you don’t have this posted anyway on pumps, inside stores and workers sure don’t inform customers.

We will be spreading the word

• I visted a Murphy Usa gas station located on pooler parkway in Georgia and had a bad experience. I frequent this gas station at least 3 to 4 times a week and on the morning of 8/9/12, I just wanted a cup of coffee and there was only one cashier on duty and a line that went all the way to the front door was forming. It is ridiculous to have to wait in a line for nearly 15 min just to get coffee. This is not the first time this has happened when I went there and with traffice so heavy with people in the morning you would expect to have at least 2 cashiers on the floor instead of just one. I hope that they improve on this or i’ll have to to just find another gas station to puchase coffee and buy my gas from.

• Receipt says guaranteed special blend Marlboro in stock last three vesit none in stock @ store #7053