Murphy Oil Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers SnapShot

Corp Email:
Company Contact: Steve Cosse - CEO President

Murphy Oil Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Murphy Oil Complaint

Is Murphy Oil a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Gas Stations Directory ListingMurphy Oil Corporation Listing

Unfair Practice

I pumped gas at the Murphy Oil Gas Station in Saraland AL on 4/11/15 and used my debit card. They put a $75.00 hold on my account for the gas. They also at the same time immediately took the $30.02 that I pumped. The charge was still there on 4/13/15 pending on my account.

I had written another check that I was afraid would be returned due to this bogus charge pending on my account. I spent 2 hours speaking with my bank and Murphy OIl corporate office trying to straighten this out. I was told that this is Murphy Oil’s standard practice and they can place a hold on your account for up to 36 hours even though they get the money immediately for the gas you pump.

I will never purchase gas from them again and will advise my friends and family to do the same.

Murphy Oil Gas Station Saraland Al Walmart

Consumer Comments For Murphy Oil

• I visted a Murphy Usa gas station located on pooler parkway in Georgia and had a bad experience. I frequent this gas station at least 3 to 4 times a week and on the morning of 8/9/12, I just wanted a cup of coffee and there was only one cashier on duty and a line that went all the way to the front door was forming. It is ridiculous to have to wait in a line for nearly 15 min just to get coffee. This is not the first time this has happened when I went there and with traffice so heavy with people in the morning you would expect to have at least 2 cashiers on the floor instead of just one. I hope that they improve on this or i’ll have to to just find another gas station to puchase coffee and buy my gas from.

• Receipt says guaranteed special blend Marlboro in stock last three vesit none in stock @ store #7053