Avas Flowers Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Jorge Delgado - Owner
Corp Website: avasflowers.net

Avas Flowers Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Avas Flowers Complaint

Is Avas Flowers a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Florists & Nurseries Directory ListingAvas Flowers LLC Listing

Don't Trust AVAS Flowers

My brother died. I tried to send flowers to his wife from AVAS Flowers and they should have been delivered today. I wanted the flowers sent to the house and they called and said they would now be delivered on Tuesday (3 days from now).

The guy I talked to didn’t care. They advertised this so called great price and FREE delivery and then up-charged an additional 14-15 bucks for handling.

I should have ran away from them at that point. Don’t AVAS Flowers, find another florist. Hey FTD are you listening? I guess you’ll put your logo on anybody’s site.

Is it all about the money, NO its about basic customer service. When the ad said family run I expected a caring company.

I’m on the other side of the country and wasting time looking for another florist. –SOB’s

Search For More Avas Flowers ComplaintsFile a Complaint About Avas Flowers

10 Most Recent Avas Flowers Complaints

More About Avas Flowers

AKA: avasflowers.com

Consumer Comments For Avas Flowers

• Ava’s Flowers, From You Flowers, and Just Flowers are all ONLINE STORE FRONTS ONLY! These companies do not have physical storefronts that you can visit, with no qualified florists on hand to take your orders and fill them at your request. I am a florist, and deal with these people everyday. As a florist, I am disgusted at the way they do business, how they treat their customers, and the way they lie and nickel-and-dime people. You place your order with them, they charge you a ridiculous and unnecessary amount of money, and send your order out with generic descriptions and not enough money to cover product or delivery fees. THAT is why you are being asked for another $10, because they haven’t given us the money YOU paid them for delivery already, just so they can bleed your pockets dry for more money!
    Take my advice as a florist–go into your local hometown florist and place a wire order. It will cost you extra, but you get florist-to-florist handling, with questions about delivery, substitutions, and product availabilities. This ensures that you get face-time with an actual florist who can communicate with the receiving florist about your wishes/requests regarding your order. Better yet, if you have a regular florist that you love and does a good job for you, GO TO THEM! Don’t be cheap and take the easy way out online with these crappy online floral storefronts. Do a little legwork, and I promise you that you will get wonderful arrangements and happy recipients!

• I called to order a 31.99 arrangement. The total was going to be 57.00! 6.00 for a bow, 5.00 for a card, and 14.00 for some ridiculus set up fee. This was not anywhere on the site. After I removed the bow, the person told me 51.00! Ok….I thought, well I will never order again! After I hung up, I thought about it and felt it was crazy…..and I called to cancel the order. Operator put me on hold for 7 minutes, and then came back and told me it was too late to cancel my order that was supposed to be delivered tomorrow! Grrrrrrrr…she would give me a 9.99 store credit, which I knew I would never use! Finally I convinced her to give me a 9.99 discount. So, now this small vase of fresh flowers is costing me 43.95. Seriously, I will a NEVER use this floral place again! Now….I better get the d**n flowers on time, and they better be good! Worst ever!

• I ordered a beautiful flower arrangement to be delivered to my mother for mothers day on Saturday.. My mom sent me a picture of what was delivered .The first picture is what was delivered and the second is what I actually ordered. I immediately contacted them about this horrific arrangement they delivered and demanded they resend the correct arrangement and it must look like the picture in which I ordered from. So here we are on Monday and I emailed them again and said if they can’t figure it out within the hour then I expect a full refund. I will never use their services again. I got an email back from someone who I have not spoken to and they said to call them with my order number so they can discuss further. I said I was not calling them again as I have already discussed this issue with their Facebook people, their customer service on the phone and email to the manager email address they gave me. What a joke of a company! I should have just stayed with Proflowers because at least if they mess up the ensure the order will be corrected. Being that mothers day was yesterday it defeats the purpose to have them redeliver the order which I’m sure will be incorrect again. So if I don’t get an email confirming my full refund I will be contacting my credit card company to start a refund and fraud statement.

• Received flowers on Thursday for Mother’s Day. Flowers were wilted, greens were slimy and the entire order was as cheap as possible. The only quality item was the FedEx box they arrived in.

• DO NOT ORDER FROM AVA’S FLOWERS THEY TELL LIES

• Flowers showed up for my mother with the wrong card and severe damage. I tried to contact them with no luck. I will now be going to every discussion room I can find to say how bad this company is.

• I ordered an expensive basket arrangement for a funeral service. I upgraded it to the Deluxe arrangement because they said it adds more flowers to the arrangement. First of all, the arrangement that was delivered to the funeral home looked NOTHING like what I had ordered. It was entirely DIFFERENT. Secondly, it hardly had any flowers in it. I couldn’t believe it was my arrangement. The one I had ordered and paid for was so beautiful. This was mostly greenery, with a few flowers in it. I would NEVER order from Ava’s Flowers again, and I hope anyone considering doing so will reconsider after reading all these negative reviews!

• Terrible experience. Order flowers for same day delivery, but they didn’t arrive for 3 more days. Flowers were wilted by the time they arrived. They offered to pick up the bouquet and deliver a new one which was pointless. DO NOT USE!

• PLEASE DO NOT USE Ava’s Flowers!!! I ordered flowers for my mom to be delivered for Valentine’s Day. I ordered them the Monday prior to V’day and let them know that the flowers should arrive to her job between 9 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to make sure she received them. Well they didn’t arrive and I couldn’t get anyone to answer the phone to tell me the status of the order. I figured it was probably b/c they were really busy on V’day, but still couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t at least answer the phone. I kept being placed on hold by an electronic system that would eventually hang up on me several times. Finally on Sunday I called from a different number and was able to speak to someone (which seemed odd that all of a sudden I was able to speak to someone b/c I switched phones?!?!) Anyway, same thing…the person kept transferring me to never ending hold and I was eventually hung up on before I called back a 3rd time and asked the guy if they were indeed a reputable flower shop, if they were located in Birmingham, and if I actually been scammed by them? He at first said he couldn’t disclose their location, but eventually said they were located in New Jersey and that they weren’t scamming me. I told him that I didn’t get my order and he said that the delivery truck was delayed b/c of the weather and that the flowers would arrive on Monday! I told him that I needed to speak to someone b/c I didn’t pay $84 to have flowers delivered three days after Valentine’s Day!!! He transfers me and I finally speak to a very rude person that identifies herself as a Customer Relations Specialist. She tells me that they don’t issue refunds and that the only way to receive my $9 shipping charge back is to reject the delivery, which sounded fishy. I told her that I wanted all of my money back and didn’t intend to pay them to not do their job on time. Long story short, I called Bank of America and reported it as FRAUD. They stepped in and called them on 3-way and this same woman must have gotten a promotion within 3 minutes b/c she now was a Customer Relations Manager!!! She was just a rude again so the BoA person said “thank you for your time.” and hung up on her b/c he realized it was a waste of time. BoA issued me a refund and went after Ava’s for the $ I paid. Thank God for them b/c Ava’s is beyond awful and I beg you not to waste your time or efforts with them. Ironically about two months later my coworker got a delivery from them from her parents. The flowers were dead and looked awful!!! Oh and they did eventually attempt to deliver the flowers to my mom – 5-6 days later!!! She rejected the delivery and the delivery guy explained that he had only just received the order to deliver the day before. Ridiculous!!!

• HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM AVAS!!! PICTURES ARE DECEIVING!!! They don’t care about the customer. Ordered funeral flowers and the entire order was wrong. I talked to the local flower shop that delivered the order and avas gave them wrong information and then blamed the florist and made the florist pay for avas mistakes. The florist did a conference call with me and avas and the representative actually started to yell at the florist and then hung up while the florist tried to resolve the problem. I called avas back to do another conference call and they refused and hung up on me again. It’s sad how they rip off the customer as well as the florist. Take it from me DON’T DO IT!!!!!

• My flowers were delivered on the day promised only after NUMEROUS phone calls from me because they were not delivered by the end of the work day as promised.
    I received an email with PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION for someone else’s order. When I notified Ava’s I was told that it was a mistake. I received another email with someone else’s PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION and I called Ava’s.
    After Forty minutes wading through Ava’s inept phone network, I spoke with Michael and asked to be compensated for my time and breech of confidentiality. He agreed to send a bouquet to my previous recipient. Raul, decided that he could not authorize a bouquet for the INEPT AND BREECH OF PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION sent to my email and wasting my time to correct the situation. IF I RECEIVED OTHER CUSTOMER’S PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, I AM SURE THAT MY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION HAS BEEN SENT TO OTHER CUSTOMERS!

• Flowers ordered for my sisters funeral were HORRIBLE!
    Thin, for a deluxe standing basket,cheap ribbon. Several dead and broken flowers.
    Avas flowers is for sure a scam.

• A waste of money. The flowers that were delivered to my family member arrived as requested, but the arrangement was half the size as show in the on-line picture. Three roses, some carnations and other pink flower in a tiny vase. Poor, poor, poor. I won’t be using AVAS again, nor will recommend them to anyone.

• SCAM! I would never do business with them again. I made a large order for my anniversary and it did not arrive. After contacting them many times and caught them in various lies they continue to try to make excuses for their lack of filling the order. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

• Be afraid, be very afraid!!! I ordered 2 Easter Lilies to be delivered to one address for 2 families. What I got was one lily, names on card mixed up, and a horrible puny lily. When I called Avas that I wanted my money back, they said I could have an in house credit, no refund because of company policy. I spoke to 4 different people (Ryan, Ivy, Mark, and a supervisor with no name) who gave me a round. I also was charged an $18.94 for designer fees, what for it is a potted plant! Are you kidding me!!!!? I asked for the florist name in DeKalb, Illinois that was delivering the lily and I was told once again they couldn’t do that, "it was against company policy" Oh, but they would give me a store credit of $ 15.00 but for what—crap! I don’t think so!! Also, to cancel the order there be a 50% charge of the order for a replenishing the lily!! DO NOT DO ORDER FROM THIS FLORIST!!! If this is family owned business, shame on them!!!!

• Bunch of Liars. I ordered from them thinking I was dealing with a reputable flower shop in Warner Robins Georgia. I ordered a Mint & Lime $54.00 arrangement pictured in a advertisement with free shipping to be delivered to a relative in the hospital at Houston Medical Center. They charged me $83.92 and was to deliver the following early morning delivery .About 4 pm the date of delivery after getting a delivered notice and not hearing from the patient or her Son, I called and there wasn’t any flowers in the room. Called Avas and they were rude stating that they had a signature and I could take it up with the hospital.I called the hospital after having to make several back & forth between Avas I hospital and about 5:20 PM a UPS shipping Box was found at the hospital receiving department and taken to the room. After my Nephew opened it up, got out the flower’s all messed up and took a picture, I saw totally nowhere near what I thought I was buying. I was livid. Avas told me I could not get the charge off my card because they have a signature and I told them what I thought about their SCAM!!! SCAMMERS

• Shame on AVAS FLOWERS. Very dishonest business. Worst ever floral purchase. I agree with bja above. Companies like AVAS are highjacking good florists and sabotaging their businesses.
    It does not say when their name comes up they are not a local florist. They are out of New Jersey not the local location you are ordering from.
    Shame on me for not going the extra step to check out the company I ordered from. Learned my lesson sadly at the
    expense of my daughter not receiving her flowers on her 21st birthday.

• NEVER and I mean NEVER order from Avas flowers. I ordered a arragement for my mother inlaws birthday totaling $77.00 and what came to her were 6 tulips. WOW, I could have bought that at Ralphs for $8.00 They wanted to give me a store credit of $20. NO WAY, I would have to order from them again to use it and pay more money to this company, So they did a redelivery which wasn’t any better. I talked to 8 people over 2 days and got nowhere, they were all so rude and when I asked to talk to a manager they all said they were one. Then they would dissconnect me. I am filling a fradulant claim with my bank to get my money back. I agree with the post from earlier, there is not enough room to type all of the things wrong with this company, plain and simeple. DONT ORDER FROM AVAS FLOWERS!!!!!!

• REPEAT!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, SAME STORY OVER AND OVER. VERY DISAPPOINTED ….Flowers were ordered 4 days in advance. Same message sent to me, unable to deliver. Shipping via FedeX, flowers to be delivered next Tuesday NOT this Saturday. Companies like AVAS are highjacking good florists and sabotaging their businesses. So upset. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME.

• STAY AWAY FROM AVAS FLOWERS. Flowers arrived 4 days after promised date and special event, completely DEAD! They went directly into the garbage and now I have to pay to dispose of them. They took me for over $75 and said I would be receiving a 50% credit when I called after 3 days. My credit was $24. Not sure how they do math but that doesn’t work for me. Will be disputing charges with credit card company next. Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.

• I ordered flowers for my mother’s 84th birthday to be delivered on April 3rd. I called my mom to see if she received her flowers on April 3rd – no delivery at Noon. I called back at 5:30pm and still no delivery. I received an email earlier today stating that the balloons that I ordered with the flowers were not in teh warehouse and that I would receive a $4.00 refund. I called and spoke to a "manager" who told me that the flowers would be delivered the next day – April 4th. I told them forget it and not to deliver because my mom’s birthday is today, April 3rd NOT TOMORROW APRIL 4th! They told me in order to cancel that I would only receive a 50% credit – What the Hell? I don’t want a credit – I will never use them again. I got no where with them – they were not even sympathetic – they just didn’t care. BUYER BEWARE – d**n I WISH I WENT WITH A DIFFERENT FLORIST…DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY CAN KEEP THEIR CREDIT. I AM PISSED.

• I ordered bollons, fruit basket and flowers for my daughters birthday while she was away at college. I was charged $90 for x5 pieces of fruit.
    I call numerous times. Automated system with incorrect invoice numbers. Finally after 45 minutes got a human voice and they hung up on me. Now after numerous attempts again they attempted to correct order again redelivered incorrect and NEVER refunded my account. They later sent UPS to collect what they did send. I would NEVER recommend AVAS p**s poor service and product.

• DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS FLORIST..THEY SUCK..You will not get any refund .BUT THEY WILL GIVE YOU A $20.00 credit..Like I would use them again…was told they would send an other one..what the hell do I want with another one ???You don’t see any bad ratings on their site..only great ones…WHAT A CROCK….

• My wife ordered an arrangement of silk flowers to be delivered to her sister in Davis, California. When they did not arrive on the promised date, Avas
    said, "Oh, sorry, we thought the fresh flowers were not up to quality so we did not deliver." When it was explained that the order was for silk flowers, Avas said, "Oh, sorry, we will coach our employee to be more careful when he takes phone orders. Your silk flowers will be delivered today." Sadly, "today" never came. Eventually we turned the matter over to American Express. which removed $63.95 charge from our bill and said they will deal with Avas.

• P.S. from Richard: So deep is our distrust of this company that we took the precaution of canceling our old American Express account and have been issued new cards.

• Ordered the DELUXE arrangement for my mother-in-laws birthday. When it arrived it barely had any flowers in it and half of them were dying or crushed with a sympathy card. I called and complained and they said they would upgrade it (I don’t know how you can upgrade when I ordered the biggest one), but I didn’t care. Well got the second delivery and again it was like the first time…half dead and crushed with a sympathy card. I called them and asked for my money back and they said they would give me half of the money since it is a perishable item and it was company policy. I could have sworn I ordered "FRESH" flowers not crushed or dead. This company is a complete joke. I guess it is their company policy to give their customers half dead and crushed flowers and offer half of their money.

• I just filed a fraudulent claim and encourage you to do the same, I also took pictures of what I ordered and what I received so I have proof.

• Please tell me how I can file a claim

• Big joke. Thought the flowers I ordered for my daughters birthday were from a local florist. They were supposed to be delivered in a vase; instead they were delivered by Fed-Ex in a box. When she opened the box the 2 dozen Roses were wilted and the leaves were dried and falling off. I immediately called Avas and they said they couldn’t do anything because they were already delivered. Are you supposed to look in the box before you accept them? They offered to send nice ones two days later. Why couldn’t they send nice ones the first time. This is insane. I asked for credit on my credit card. They said they do not issue credit. Don’t bother emailing them. They keep sending the same email back to you. WE DO NOT ISSUE CREDIT ON YOUR CHARGE CARD. Sorry I didn’t read the complaints earlier. I never would have ordered from them. There must be something that can be done about this company ripping off customers like they are.
    Please for your sake and the sake of whomever you are sending flowers to : NEVER USE AVAS FLOWERS> Maybe the Attorney Generals Office can do something about this company and their ripping off customers.

• Ditto here. I think in this case I would’ve preferred a machine. Delivered a day early on my 30th Anniversary. Loss of 80.00. %$#holes

• I called avas and arranged to have 50 roses sent to my wife at work for her 50th birthday. they were supposed to deliver 2 roses in the morning and then a dozen roses over the day between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm. the total cost was 297 and some change. they did not deliver a single rose and when I called at 4pm they told me the flowers were being transported. I would not allow them to send them another day and they refused to give me my money back. I hung up without agreeing to anything and they took it upon themselves to refund Half the money and keep half for themselves for doing nothing! Thank god I paid with a credit card and could dispute the bill with them. the credit card company refunded ALL of my money not just the half they wanted to pay. avas flowers is a scam do not ever use them or you will regret it.

• Just found out that my order for 2 dozen tulips to my mother for her birthday arrived FROZEN and they all died the next day!! Talking to their customer service department is a joke. There are so many other operators talking, they can’t hear you and kept asking me to "speak up". I was yelling into the phone, I could hear everyone else in the room taking orders and talking. This has been a horrible experience and I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. DON’T BE FOOLED, THEY ARE A RIP OFF SCAM!!

• Worst Ever!! I spent over 67.00$ for St Patricks Day flowers to be delivered on St Patricks Day! What I got was an email saying, unable to deliver, my order will be sent out the following day and will include an upgrade. On the 18th another email, unable to deliver, my order will be sent the following day, with an upgrade, What I got on the 19th was Not what I had even ordered. Not even one green flower. In fact you could say the flowers were the color BROWN, because they were all WILTED. I DO NOT recommend this company !!!!!

• They don’t upgrade their flowers, they send out a crummy arrangement. Had the same experience

• DO NOT USE. MISREPRESENTED THE BOUQUET ONLINE. $64 LATER, I SAW WHAT I PURCHASED AND IT WAS DAISIES!! I REQUESTED A PARTIAL REFUND, AND THEY REFUSED. NEVER, EVER AGAIN. I WAS EMBARRASSED BY THE ARRANGEMENT. LOOKED LIKE A CHEAP GROCERY STORE BUNCH.

• This floral experience has been a total nightmare. On 2/27/14 I ordered a floral arrangement for a friend’s mom funeral to be delivered on 2/28/14. The amount was $242.92. The arrangement was never delivered.They refunded $59.43. To remedy the situation, I ended sending one fruit basket to one sister who lives in Far Rockaway, N.Y and another basket to another sister in Florida. The sister in Floridatexted a picture, she received a very cheap looking basket with 2 red apples, 2 green apples, and 2 oranges.They sent their cheapest basket, I thought that I was getting an $ 80.00 basket . They are very deceitful. What they are advertising on line is not what one would received. I called customer service three times for that order, each time I called they refused to refund me the balance and they promised to resend the order and it never happened. I am out of $91.60 plus the embarrassment.This is like a big joke to them. THIS IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY. BUYERS BE WARE. AVA’S FLOWERS IS A DECEITFUL FLORIST!!

• I read several of the complaints and totally agree about how terrible AVA’s products are. When you call to complain about how terrible the roses you find the statement "I’m sorry and apologize" must be part of the lines an employee has to perfect for employment. When I called to complain about the rotten roses and how the petals were falling off and also the greenery as well (think they were previously frozen) I was assured this was a quality grower and this situation was very unusual and it would be made right. I got a new delivery the next day and it was even worse!!!!!!! Like other complaints I read about, you can only get 50% of the product cost back or they will replace it again. Can’t wait to see what joke gets delivered next. Believe all the negative reviews you read in this site!! These deliveries were on March 13 & 14th, 2014. Janene M.

• I have been reading the complaints and this company is a scam. They are laughing all the way to the bank. I had a similar experience to all of the others. DO NOT ORDER from Avas flowers or you will be overcharged for a less than mediocre product

• Same here. Horrible experience and not enought typing room to put it all in. Should we contact the Federal Trade Commission, Better Business Bureau, et al ? I also learned they have taken the domains of the local flower shops so when you write to that website, it goes to AVA.
    Almost makes me cautious that they also own this website and sit back and laugh at all the complaints because we are chasing our tails.

• They were terrible! The worst ever and then they would not refund my money, they said they would redeliver but it was for a FUNERAL! The colors were wrong, funeral basket was so sparse. I was so embarrassed they were the only flowers at funeral as well. NEVER order from them, they are awful.

• Unethical & dishonest. Sales rep told me they were local to Half Moon Bay in CA twice! Only wanted a local florist to deliver a special arranged bouquet by 1pm. They lied to get my business and delivered by 6pm! Follow up with them went nowhere. Disregard my calls, finally had a CS Mgr. call me and never attempted to call back when disconnected. A box showed up with unarranged dry flowers. Advise anyone not to use this company for they are incompetent and dishonest. They only want your money. They deceive folks into believing that they are local to anywhere. Deceptive advertising and deceptive sales people.

• They are terrible! Sent flowers to a friend for her birthday. Paid for the deluxe version. They looked nothing like what I ordered and were arranged horribly. When I initially called to order, I asked if I was talking to the actual florist and was told yes. She said she was in the back room. I asked if they had the flowers in stock that I wanted. She said she would check then told me they did. It was all a lie. She wasn’t there. Then when I contacted them about the arrangement looking nothing like what I ordered, they gave me a bunch of baloney about the right to substitute. I WOULD NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN! They are totally unethical.

• I recently ordered flowers Monday for a funeral today – Wednesday. Only to find out they not only did not arrive, but they were still "trying" to find someone to make and deliver the bouquet. As of now it’s already 2 hours past the funeral. Their consolation was that I pick a family member to send a fruit basket too. Oh, and it will be at least a week before they refund our money. Immediate call to our credit card company. So, very disappointed!!!!

• THIS PLACE IS THE WORST. DO NOT USE THEM. THEY DO NOT DO WHAT THEY PROMISE. THEY LIE, LIE, LIE. THEY WILL FAIL YOUR NEEDS IN EVERY WAY, SHAPE AND FORM. THEN THEY WILL OFFER YOU 50% OF YOUR MONEY BACK. SCAM ARTIST AT THEIR BEST. BAD BAD BAD BAD SERVICE IN FACT NO SERVICE IS MORE LIKE IT. OFFERED TO DELIVER FOR THE FUNERAL AFTER THE FUNERAL WHAT A JOKE. PROTECT YOURSELF AND DO NOT USE.

• I recently ordered from Ava’s Flowers 2/26/14. I paid for the "Express Delivery" for a delivery the next day (2/27/14) before 11 am. On 2/27/14 I received a phone call at 12:16 pm to "verify" the address of the Monastary it was to be delivered to. At this point it was late to a funeral. I called Ava’s Flowers back and was told that the address wasn’t correct. They had switched the delivery address with the address of the recipient. I verified this information on the webiste before "submitting" the order so I am POSITIVE the information was correct. I then told them that they would have to deliver to the recipients address since the funeral was over at this point. The representative on the phone said that they would deliver it shortly. At 4:45 pm the flowers still had not been delivered. I called and asked for the order to be cancelled and for a refund. I was told that I would not receive a refund because there was a delivery attempt at 2:40pm and no one answered the door. (LIE, LIE, LIE) The recipient was home waiting for the delivery! I was told that I could either have a %50 percent refund for store credit ONLY or accept that the flowers would be delivered the next day! I took the delivery for the next day obviously and asked that the flowers be delivered by 9:00 am NOT 9:45 because no one would be home. It just so happens some plans were cancelled and the recipient FINALLY received the flowers at 10:30!! Are you kidding my??? That was 24 HOURS LATE!! They did refund the $9.99 "Express Delivery" fee. What a JOKE this company is! Oh and I even went as far a to ask if I could just pick up the flowers myself

• This is the first and last time I order from Avas. What a disaster! I ordered the ”Blooming Love Bouquet (Option: 18 Stems)” and the “Luscious Reds Bouquet (Option: Deluxe)” – See attached invoice.

1.The two orders came separate and on two different days the “Blooming Bouquet” on Thursday and the “Luscious Bouquet” on Friday ( had ordered both at the same time and for the same day).
    2.The ”Blooming Love Bouquet (Option: 18 Stems)” came with only 12 Roses.
    3.The 12 roses were pathetic. They were already dying when they arrived.
    4.I called on Friday, 2/14 to complain about the quality and I specified that I only received 12 instead of 18. I was told that I would receive a replacement either Saturday, Monday or Tuesday! I was also assured I would receive 18.
    5.I received the flowers on Wednesday!!!
    6.And again there were only 12 roses and they looked as pathetic as the first ones and never opened (my wife knows a lot about flowers and had cut a little of the stem). They looked burned.
    7.The “Luscious Bouquet” looked a little better, but lasted only three days and again the roses never opened. They looked burned as well.

• What a joke. I recently ordered flowers for my wife who has been away for seven weeks. I but flowers oaften when were together but wanted to send her something to let her know how much I missed her. I reviewed the options on line and decided to send what looked like a fairly nice size bunch of flowers in a cup cake looking pail. Carnations actually, and the price seemed reasonable. $55.00 including delivery. I added three balloons to spruce it up a bit. My wife received the flowers and was surprised. It wasn’t until three days later as we talked about the flower’s that she mentioned to me that she could use the pot as a cup later on. Not knowing what she was taking about I asked her to take a picture and txt me. To my surprise, I had paid $55.00 for a cup of flower’s. Literally, a cup full of carnations for $55.00. To make matters worse, the ballons never were added. Whe I called to complain the phone automaticly remembers your order and sends you through the system. Once I was able to speak to a real person they put me on hold to talk to a supervisor who never came to the phone. When I hung up and called back there was no answer. BE WARNED!! AVA is an SCAM!!

• Our daughter ordered roses for my wife’s company retirement party on 2/20/14 thru Avas Flowers. Their website leads you to believe they have local stores providing same day service. The flowers were actually shipped from New Jersey. While they arrived on time as requested, the majority of the roses (8) were broken, dead, or all of the petals fell off when removed from the box. My wife immediately called them and their customer support stated they would "take personal care of this problem and have a new order delivered the same afternoon". I called later than evening and was told the order was shipped and would arrive the next day. The delivery arrived on the following day mid-afternoon. One day late for the party. There were only 11 roses in the box and 2 of the red roses had leaves fall off when removed from the box.
    I read the online complaints about the florist but chose them because they stated they had a local shop. I asked customer support for the address of the local shop and was told they do not have "walk-in service" and they would not give me the local address.
    Clearly a very poor example of customer support & business in general. Their information is very misleading and service is terrible.

• I ordered a peace lily to be delivered to my sister for her birthday, we had been estranged for many years and had just started talking again and I thought a peace lily was appropriate, I also sent the large card which I paid extra for w a little story about the peace lily and the reason I chose that to send to her. Well they send her a shefllera instead, they never contacted me or gave me the chance to change the order, they didn’t send me a picture or explanation of what was sent, not until I asked was I even told what was sent to her. They then offered me 20% off my next order, I don’t know what makes them think I will ever order from them again. I wanted my money back, I really think I should of been given the option of choosing something different myself, they are a scam and I will never shop w them again, I am filing a complaint w the BBB as basically they defrauded me..

• I WISH I HAD FOUND THIS COMPLAINT WEBSITE, I JUST ORDERED FLOWERS WITH SPECIAL NO DELIVERY CHARGE. SURPRISE! AT THE VERY END THERE APPEARS A SERVICE CHARGE OF 13.95, I HOPE THAT IT IS DELIVERED.

• **********DO NOT USE AVA’S******************

Well not sure why I should even bother to waist my time except I am so pissed off right now. After receiving a dead orchid on my front porch at 20 degrees. I tried to call them to rectify the situation. Never in my life have I ever dealt with anything like this before.
    It took me 20 minutes to finally get someone on the phone, pretty sure it was another country. After another 10 minutes they could not help me without the order number which of course is not on the paperwork they include. SO now I had to call my friend so they can call and they probably won’t get anywhere either. What a joke. SHAME ON YOU AVA’s. YOU ARE A JOKE. HOPE YOU DON"T USE YOUR FLOWERS FOR YOUR FAMILY!

• I also had a horrible experience with their automated call processing. If you don’t have that six digit number, it’s next thing to impossible to get to a human being. I WOULD NEVER, EVER, EVER USE AVAS AGAIN. JUST TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE OUTCOME/RESULTS, IN SPITE OF THE LIP SERVICE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• I placed an order on 2/23/14 which was my grandmother’s 79th birthday. I selected a certain bouquet only for same day delivery option. I created an online account only to check the status which indicated that flowers would be delivered the next day. Nope, grandma never received any flowers. The guy on the phone was like I will credit you 9.99 and upgrade the flowers. How could you offer me a credit fr shipping when free shipping was included anyway for online purchases? I told him to make sure that the balloons are attached to the bouquet as well as the guy the day before stated he would throw them in for causing an inconvenience. I called again today only to be told that the flowers would be delivered tomorrow. There is only a credit and no refund. This is my worst customer service experience ever. These people do not care about you or your loved ones. They’re a fraud. I called my bank to dispute the charges being that the product had not been delivered. They told me that they are submitting a claim on my behalf and the good thing is that the money hadn’t been sent to them.

• My Aunt just received her flowers and the came thing!!!!!!!!!! The flowers are droopy and some are dead!! This time the balloon is a face!! No get well soon!!!!!!! This is the worst experience I have ever had with flower delivery. I sure hope others will read the post before ordering. I sure wish I would have spent my 65 dollars on the lottery. I would have had better LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wish I had researched Ava Flowers before ordering. I ordered flowers yesterday for my aunt’s funeral /viewing today. The arrangements were finalized only yesterday. Ava’s guaranteed delivery, even with such short notice. I paid extra for "rush". No flowers today. When I call their customer service, I was told that no delivery until tomorrow. I told them that would not work since the funeral will be tomorrow morning & I requested a refund.
    The rep refused me a refund & referred me to their disclaimer that "delivery not guaranteed". Spread the word–AvaFlowers is dishonest & shoddy. Go elsewhere.

• Same thing happened to me. Could not agree with you more. This business is a complete rip off! I hope everyone will go someplace else!!

• My husband ordered Valentine Flowers to be sent to my job on the 2nd of Feb. He made multiple calls on the 14th. Each time he wasn’t able to speak to anyone or the phone disconnected prior to anyone answering. Of course no flowers on the 14th. Finally on the 17th, I received there flowers. The petals were wilted and brown, petals were falling off and two full roses literally fell off the stems when I picked them up. How humiliating. Checking the deliver slip I realized the roses weren’t picked up until the 14th and wasn’t scheduled for delivery until the 15th. WOW!!! This company never had any attentions on making the delivery date. I called furious and was told that of course they couldn’t refund my husband his $80, but that they would deliver the very next day and that the delivery would be bigger and better than originally ordered. EPIC FAILURE, because the second delivery never came and neither did our refund. HORRIBLE COMPANY, HORRIBLE SERVICE, HORRIBLE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. I’ve never been so humiliated and disappointed in all of my life. This company will obviously lie and steal to get what they want, which is your money.

• I ordered flowers from Ava’s Flower shop. I placed the order on Feb.18, 2014. I was told my Aunt would get her flowers the next day. When she did not receive them. I called and was told they she would get them on Feb.20th. Feb 20th came and went. She got her flowers (that were supposed to be lilies) and the were droopy. My Aunt’s name was spelled wrong. My name was spelled wrong. I ask for a get well balloon and she got a Valentine’s balloon. I called and complained and I was told that they would redeliver first thing this morning. I called them at 11:20 and was told that was not going to happen it would be Monday, Feb. 24th by 10:30. I will never order from them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ask for a refund and they said the best they can do is redeliver.

• I wholeheartedly agree with the above comments. I ordered flowers for my mother"s birthday. She received a box of wilted flowers that were shipped overnight from New Jersey……….she lives in Arizona. Why in the h**l would they come from New Jersey? Each time I called customer service I was given a different story. No refund but they would deliver the same price range from a local shop where she lives. Now why did they not do that in the first place? HELLO……………Never again!

• I ordered a 10 bird of paradise arraignment on 2-11-14 to be delivered on Valentines day at my wife’s work. they were not delivered until Wednesday DEAD, no RED vase only a clear one. I finally got and complained but to make a long story short all they would do is redeliver. they came today (Friday) and were sorry looking with dead ends and a red vase. I will never use AVAS again or any other internet florist. The $5 bouquet daisies I picked up at Wal-Mart looks better and fresher than the professional bouquet that was delivered

• DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY…I live in CA and ordered an arrangement to be delivered in Rochester, NY. I ordered a smallish sunflower arrangement with clear square vase and filler flowers…they delivered wilting red roses, petals falling off. This was a gift for an elderly aunt, but my cousin sent me a picture knowing that I would want to see this mess. No refund at all…they offered to pick up the flowers and replace, but I would be charged for a "restocking fee"…restock what? They are going to be thrown out. I realize that flowers sometimes get substituted out for others, but a completely different arrangement was delivered. Their slogan should be: Send Money and Be Surprised!

• I should have checked this web site, I ordered what I thought was a beautiful vase of 24 red roses, in a vase, with babies breath. I even paid extra for a Red vase.
    The floweres were delivered on the date (2/13/14), BUT, they were delivered with No Vase, No Babies Breath, and almost all the roses were completely DEAD.
    After 3 days of trying to get throught to customer service, I finally got a person who was very appologic, and assured me they would upgrade my oder and send out flowers immdeiately.
    On Wednesday 2/19/14 my Girlfriend received her "Upgraded" Order, to only find the same thing she had gotten the first delivery. Thats right, again NO VASE, No Babies breath, and over 1/2 the roses are dead.

After being irrate and getting through to customer service again, I demanded my money back, only to be told there would be a 50% restocking fee. I told them to go pick up the order and stick them where the sun dont shine.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT TO SEND NICE FLOWERS, use them to send dead roses to your enemies.

• Dave, as a honest florist in a brick and mortar shop please know that Ava’s flowers is nothing but a web site…similar to the wire services 1-800, Teleflora and FTD….they don’t have flowers, nor do they know how to design or protect your flowers. Please, please should you ever need to order flowers again, call a local shop, deal with them directly, they’ll do the best job possible because they have a reputation to protect. Please pass this on to your friends…and as a small business I’m sorry you had this problem.
      Mary
      Flowers & Things Florist

• Sorry to repeat was appears to be the consensus, but DO NOT USE Ava’s Flowers!! I ordered a large arrangement, balloon, card, and teddy bear for my sister in the hospital. She received a small arrangement, no card or balloons, but did get the teddy bear. Please be forewarned that there are many other online florists that will treat you right.

• This company is the biggest scams in the world. :Family owned & operated business serving the local communities for 30 years". What a joke. I ordered flowers to be delivered for a performance yesterday & they are still not there. The customer service rep "Bart" laughed at me. They are offering me a full store credit for what???? What a scam. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

• As Mary said above, they are an internet florist. Family owned and operated doesn’t mean they will honor their commitments. Reputable florists refuse their orders because they promise what they do not have to deliver. Yellow pages ads and internet search engines can be very misleading. Please take care to find a florist in that city, who can do a much better job, without the extra fees.

• AGREE with you!!!! Web site looks legitimate . . . looks great. Flowers I ordered yesterday were not delivered to the viewing/funeral as promised. No refund, only lies insisting they were actually delivered when, in fact, they were not. (Never mind when I placed my order the salesperson told me how small the pictured on-line arrangement was. Would I like the deluxe arrangement?) So I fell for the "up sell" and then didn’t get it. Now, they are supposed to be sending the family a fruit basket of equal value since I can’t get a refund. If the fruit basket is a bust, I plan to contest the fee on my charge card.

• same as most complaints THIS PLACE SUCKS. I NEVER RECIEVED WHAT I PAID FOR AND FINALLY KHLOE SAYS THEYE ARE GOING TO REFUND ALL MY MONEY BUT IM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH ON THIS ONE. IM THINKING OF CALLING 3 ON YOUR SIDE.

• Ordered MY FLOWERS….THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO COME ON FEB 14…..DIDNT COME UNTIL THE 18TH. THEN THE ROSES ARE BEAT UP ,WILTED, AND DIRTY. PLEASE DONT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE!

• Do not ever order flowers for delivery from Avas. This has been my worst experience with online shopping. Avas policy and customer service experience is pathetic. The flowers were delivered three days after the Valentines Day. Who would like to get flowers that are rotten and not delivered on time. Once you call Customer Service you will never get someone to talk to first and if you are lucky then they give you a wired Avas policy that they can deliver after the desired date for delivery. So if you want to ruin your surprise for your loved ones then select Avas. I forgot to mention, if they are unable to deliver they will not inform you, will update the delivery date on the day they want to deliver.
    Be aware of Avas flowers SCAM.

• 2/18/2014 Not to much more that i can say to add to the other comments . Ordered flowers 2/11/2014 for valentines day for my wife called Avas the day before valentines day to ensure they would get there before 3:00 they assured me that the flowers would be there. My wife Left work friday 2/14/2014 with no flowers monday we came home to find a box dropped of at the front door. flowers were wilted pedals dropping off no candy and no bear. Called AVAS after 10 tries of being hung up on due to a high volume of callers told them that i wanted the 100.00 that it cost me credited back to my account they told me that they could not "company policy" Instead they resent the flowers and made a phone call and apologize to my wife. What a crock of s_ _ t Hell of a way to run a buisness i will be filing a complaint with the BBB. AVAS sucks.

• Hello al hoffey. I too ordered flowers on 2/11/14 for for delivery on valentines day and the same thing happened. They were supposed to be delivered before 2 and weren’t. I did the same thing. Called multiple times insisting on a refund with the same results. Then, I called and finally got a manager. She said the same bull#%*! that you got but I went one step further. I blew up at her and threatened her job if this wasn’t taken care of. She ended up asking if she could call me back. After she assured me she would, I hung up. Well, she didn’t call back. I called again and entered a different extension and gt a different manager. Again, after threatening their jobs, they finally said they’d refund my money. Well they did today. The first manager I spoke with was Anna ext. 1326. The second was Chris ext. 1327. I don’t know if this will help or not but the best of luck to you. I agree, Avas SUCKS!!!!!

• Ordered flowers for my wife on sunday Feb 9th for friday the 14th of Feb. NOPE, NO flowers so I wrote the company. NO reply, but I did get a survey email sunday the 16th to help with their customer satisfaction for the flowers I "ordered to be delivered on Feb 9th".
    Well Monday the 17th she got her flowers at work, so she had to drive to work on her day off to receive the THREE DOZEN flowers and three colored vases……. well that was the order (2 dozen red and 1 dozen multicolored roses) what she ended up getting was 18 welted red roses (18 is the number you get in eggs not close to 2 dozen) and 1 dozen welted multicolored roses with only the red in a CLEAR vase. NO baby’s breath as shown in the picture or a bow of any kind.
    When I finally got home monday the 17th I called and was routed to three different people (45 min). The time must have been from the HUGE volume of unsatisfied customers. But after the third "manager" I was offered a refund for the six roses I didn’t get, but not at bought price, it was for current price. Now the 2 dozen roses I bought were $90 and now are for $30 WTF. Plus only one vase would be refunded so from the $168 I spent for my wife to get her flowers 3 days LATE I would get $20 back or a store credit of $20. Well p**s on store credit cause who the hell knows when you would get that. So after some BS from that dumb woman of avis I ended up with $15 and 2 dozen red roses suppose to be delivered on the 19th. We will see.

Side note: wife filed a complaint on the Better Business Bureau and found that 719 complaints have been filed in the last three years. 420 of these closed in the last 12 months. File your complaints with BBB.

• Like all of these complaints on this page I also ordered flowers for my mother to be delivered the day before Valentines Day. Needless to say, they did not arrive until today Feb 17th looking like a cheap $5 bouquet of flowers that were brought off a street vendor. When I ordered online I was under the impression that they were a local florist, well now I know better. So basically AVA’s Flowers you got me this time, BUT NEVER AGAIN!!!

• DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! My husband ordered flowers to be sent to me on Valentines Day and as of today, 2/17/14 they still have not arrived. My husband tried to call them the day of and the day after and each time he got a recording that said "the phone number you are calling from is not associated with an existing order". He never could get a live person on the phone. His credit card was hit with the charge ($68.00) within the hour of the order being place. Because he was unable to actually talk with a person, we made the decision to close the credit card account for fear that we would be charged again. My next move is to contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. I would suggest that everyone do the same.

• My husband ordered flowers to be delivered on Valentine’s Day before 10 a.m. they promised him no problem. No flowers showed up and no call to my husband. We tried calling in for four days, promising a supervisor would call us back and nothing! When we finally persisted on talking to a manager they told us that they do not promise delivery on the day you want it to be delivered, that it says on their website it can take 4 to 5 days afterwards. They would not give us a refund. Who wants 5 day old flowers after Valentine’s Day. This is such a SCAM!! Their website says local and family owned which is such a lie! Terrible business, they know they are scamming you. DO NOT ORDER FROM AVAS FLOWERS!!!

• I sure wish I would have researched Ava’s before I order flowers for my aunt!! When she finally got the flowers they were droopy and some were dead. I complained and they said the best they can do is redeliver. Not to mention, it took 3 days past what they said for her to get the flowers

• DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! Flowers were ordered for me on Feb. 11th for delivery on the 14th. Today is the 17th and they are still not here! Customer care hung up on me, very rude. I can’t believe they are still in business after all of the reviews!!!

• DO NOT ORDER FROM AVA’S FLOWERS!!! My husband had flowers sent to me for Valentine’s Day. They were shipped in a box, with no method of hydrating the flowers. Therefore, when I received them, they were already dead. They were supposed to be pink, however were red. When my husband called to request a refund, they told him "it is not our policy to issue refunds". They offered to send new flowers. Imagine my surprise when someone showed up at my office today to pick up the vase that my dead flowers arrived in. HAHA what a joke! Apparently, I have to return the vase to them, before they will consider sending me anymore dead flowers. We will be reporting this company to the BBB.

• Like everyone else posting here, I consider Avas to be nothing but a scam. I ordered roses for my girlfriend to be delivered on Valentine’s Day. Avas advertises that they have a network of local florists to hand deliver bouquets. Well, the flowers didn’t arrive at my girlfriend’s workplace as ordered. Came to find out the flowers had been shipped UPS from a warehouse somewhere and UPS apparently didn’t deliver until well after she had left work. So UPS kept the package and claim they will attempt delivery again on Monday the 17th. THREE days after Valentine’s. Sorry, but flowers in a box is not what I paid for. And flowers in a box that have been sitting in a UPS truck for 4 days is unacceptable. I told Avas to cancel order. They refused. I called my credit card and disputed the charge with no problem. Avas called later and offered me a "store credit" on a future order (NO WAY). When I told Avas customer rep that I had ordered a credit card back charge, he simply said "Well, that’s the way we’ll settle it then." They must get a lot of back charges. I told my girlfriend to refuse delivery when UPS shows up.

NEVER, EVER deal with Avas. Order your flowers from a local florist whose building you have actually seen!

• More of the same problems with my order. No flowers, no money everything’s "in transit". Cannot not stand that they represent themselves as a local company! Do not order from this deceitful outfit!

• Liars, thieves, Advertised they were a local merchant. LIE. Did not send the flowers that were ordered and then threw a substitution policy as an excuse. They subcontracted the order to an actual local florist. The local florist showed me the work order and it was nothing like what I ordered.
    Stay clear of this bunch. They are not honest and you will waste your money not to mention sorely disappoint whomever is receiving the flowers. Do the research. Find a legitimate local florist in your area.

• 2/16/2014 Absolutely the worst company you could ever choose as a florist. They lie when they tell you that they are a local florist and they have their internet search results rigged to allow their business to show up regardless of the ZIP Code you enter in the search criteria. Then they ship by UPS. Right now my order has been bouncing around in UPS’s system for 4 days. They agreed to a delivery date and by accepting the payment entered into a contract to meet the terms. They default but you get no refund. And then they have the balls to offer you a credit for YOUR NEXT ORDER. Now they are trying to do stand-up comedy. Stay away as far as you can BE WARNED

• This has been the worst online experience I have ever had! I ordered flowers for Valentine’s Day on Wednesday, February 12th and was promised delivery would be made to my girlfriends office as required Friday, February 14th before 5:00pm. When my girlfriend arrived home that day……no flowers. I checked my order status and was informed that delivery was scheduled for Saturday, February 15th. This was not good as my girlfriend does not work on Saturday and her office is closed so there would be no one there to accept them. I started calling Avas Flowers numerous times (I would estimate 30 times Friday night). If someone answered they would inform me that this department was only for taking orders and if I had a problem I needed to be transfered to customer service or in some cases billing and or complaints. While on hold I was subject to Avas phone advertisements and how they are one of the largest family owned florist in America and how every call is important to them. The phone advertisement lasted a good two minutes. It was after the advertisement that another message would come on and inform me that due to the large number of calls that I would need to call back at a later time, With one of my calls I ask to speak to a manager or someone in charge and was told that a manager was not available at this time and was even hung-up on. I am sure this company had caller ID because after many calls they would not even answer my calls and sent my call straight to the Avas Flowers phone advertisements. After all of these attempts I decided to call my credit card company to dispute these charges. The next day, Saturday the 15th, I started calling again at 8:30 am and was subject to the same phone tactics that I had experienced the night before and again was hung-up on. I do not understand how you could have such a high volume of calls for two days and I was very fustrated! About noon on Saturday I was able to talk to someone who was very apologetic about my story and offered me a deal for a new delivey of my arrangement on Tuesday, February 18th with an additional free two dozen long stemmmed red roses. This sounded great and I might have taken this had someone even acted interested in me on the 14th but at this time I just wanted to cut my ties with them, and get my money back. I was told she would have to put me on hold for a moment………you guessed it…….Avas Flower advertisements and then……"I am sorry but due to the high number of calls at this time you will need to call back at another time" and the phone hung up! Now, about 3:30 in the afternoon I talked with someone in customer service (if you can call it that) the lady said she would be more than happy to help me and again ask if I wanted the deal offered earlier and I said NO!!!!! I just want to cancel my order and cut my ties with them as I had called about 50-60 times in two days, wasting my time trying to get some kind of satisfaction. I was then informed that she could only offer a 50% refund and I said this was not exceptable and wanted a full refund. She said that this was explained to me on the e-mailed invoice they had sent to me. I did not have an e-mail from them because I had been looking for the e-mail confirmation since I placed the order on February 12th. I was asked to confirm my e-mail and was told that one had been sent…I unfortunately never received it! She asked me if I wanted the 50% refund or not. I told her that I did and that I had filed a complaint with my credit card company and would dispute the other charges and was informed that she understands.

I did not ask about this but when I was placing my order for the Blushing Love arrangement, the web site advertised this at $59.99 . This arrangement ended up costing $82 after delivery fees, taxes, etc.

In conclusion, Avas Flowers is a scam. They want your money and not deliver what you want, when you want and if they can get i, more money than the advertised selling price in the hopes that you will drop i, because they make it so hard for you to talk with them. I am considering talking to a lawyer if anyone would like to see what we can do as a grou,p please contact me at:

Amtexinc@aol.com

Thanks,

Stephen Frederick

• Stephen, I am as furious as you are. My name is Janet. This is February 17, at 6:00 p.m., in Texas. My husband ordered Valentine flowers for me to be delivered to me on February 13, as he thought that would prevent problems on the busy 14th. I still do not have those flowers, which after a run-around with the so-called customer service folks in New Jersey late Friday night, were promised to me first thing this morning (Monday, the 17th). When I called a few hours ago, it took awhile before I got a live person on the phone. She gave me a few different stories about why they weren’t here, starting with the fact that the weather had been icy and deliveries were difficult. She couldn’t respond when I asked how the weather in New Jersey could prevent me from getting my delivery here in Houston from a local family- owned florist where it was 70 degrees on Valentine’s day, and is even warmer than that here today. No refund would be given as, supposedly, the flowers would arrive this evening, but they could no longer guarantee the ones my husband ordered would be available. On top of that, she refused to give me the name or the phone number of the local florist where the flowers were being freshly-made at this time. My experience has been so frustrating as well, that regardless of whether or not they arrive today in an acceptable condition or not, I will be contacting my credit card company as well as the Better Business Bureau. As you have probably seen on this site, there are hundreds of these complaints. I don’t know if I want to be involved in a legal action, but I do wish you luck with yours. I don’t know how these people have stayed in business. I’ve seen complaints from 2011….

Best of luck,

Janet

• I placed an order for a bouquet of flowers 2 weeks before Valentine’s Day to be delivered to my wife’s work on Valentine’s Day. When she came home without flowers I asked about them and they never showed up. I never received a call or an email regarding re-delivery or any other complications, but when I checked the website after they didn’t arrive, the order said scheduled for redelivery!! WHAT!?!? No heads up? That is horrible service, I could’ve made other arrangements.

But wait, it gets worse. When I called in the morning after to check on it, they said they are still in transit. I asked for a refund and they said the flowers are still going to arrive. Despite the "satisfaction guarantee" on their website, they were arguing about the refund. The lady on the other end (Quasheara Powell) claimed to be their manager and literally laughed at my frustration!! What kind of manager does that!? After arguing for several minutes about what satisfaction guarantee means, she offered to refund the amount for the arrangement, but refused to refund the delivery charge for me because the flowers were in transit. If I wanted to have flowers delivered the day after Valentine’s Day, I could do that myself. Ava’s ruined the entire delivery and still wants me to pay for it.

This is hands down the worst customer service I have ever encountered. DO NOT EVER USE AVA’S FLOWERS!!!!!!!

• I have ordered flowers for valentines day. still not delivered. I think AVAS flowers does scam and fraud. no answer for customer care number. Can some one help me to file law suite or report police? they cheat people for years and i wonder how they exist yet

• I agree with all the above. BIG SCAM!!! You will be screwed big time. I called back and spoke to "Bill" He gave me the "BIG YAWN" and said let me put you through to see what is going on….Same recording as all the rest of the times I callled…Telling me that they are experiencing long wait times due to harsh weather across the country.

If you want proof, listen to the recording that prompts you to follow up on an order…They ask for the 6 digit code at the bottom of your screen…it will be the same one that they prompt you to look for when you place the order, but guess what…It’s not. It is a 7 digit pin code starting with two letters and then 5 numbers. You can’t enter it. Don’t get screwed.

• *Warning Warning Warning *…….. I ordered gift baskets to be sent to my Aunt’s funeral and Ava’s florist did not deliver my order but charged my card. I talked to a person on the phone and they could not confirm whether the baskets were delivered or not and then just hang up on me. I was only able to speak to someone by pretending to make an order. These people falsely present themselves as Florist but they are just an elaborate company that takes advanced of holidays, funerals and other occasions just to take your money. Do not be fooled by there sunny disposition on the phone.

• Ava’s Flowers is a fraud. I ordered a standing red & white basket for a funeral. The flowers were not delivered. They sure charged my credit card for $103. I searched for florist in Byrdstown, TN, and Ava’s popped up, 100% customer satisfaction, that’s a bunch of bunk. They are a SCAM.

• I ordered a snack basket for someone very special in my life for Valentines day and he still hasnt received it. I have made 17 phone calls and still havent gottent the problem resolved. Very Disappointed, Mad, and pissed off about this company and their idea of how to deal with issues.. never again.. avoid this compay at all cost..

• Just received my Valentine roses from my son and daughter in law and they were less than wonderful! My advise is to not use this service for flowers. Very poor quality –buds broken off stems and wilted before I could put them in the vase. Terrible place to do business with!!!!

• I ordered two dozen "Farm Fresh" roses – which they advertise as newest premium roses. Paid almost twice as much. I even called back to confirm premium roses. "Oh yea! That’s what your wife is getting." Roses were not delivered by local florist but came UPS in a "do it yourself" box. Flowers looked horrible and ready for trash. Baby’s Breath was missing. Card was missing. Vase looked old. I sent an email to company and no response. Never again! You would do better to take discarded flowers from dumpster behind your local florist. I was completely embarrassed to see my wife get this trash.

• Tony Stewart
    1 review
    12 hours ago
    AVOID THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A MICKEY MOUSE OPERATION

I place an order on the 13th of February 2014 at 10:30am central time before placing the order I confirmed with the sales operator that they can delivery the flower on Valentines day and paid extra for a morning slot. AT 12:30 pm on valentine’s day no flowers were delivered, I called them to find out when they were going to deliver, they transferred the call to a non existent customer services. Their Customer services do not answer to complaints. After ringing and ringing they played a message saying the they are very busy at present and that I will require to call at a later time or send an email. I sent and email without getting any response. In total I called them 20 times to get an explanation why they did not deliver the flowers, Each operator kept on cutting me off but managed to get through the last operator Jose told me that they had over booked deliveries for valentines day and that my delivery would now would be made on Saturday the 15th of February. I replied to Jose that I did not order the flower for the 15th but order them for Valentine’s day I even payed extra for the morning deliver. The full cost was $124.90. Their whole sales staff are the rudest individual I have ever experienced. I suggest to all potential buyer to avoid AVAS Flowers, they advertise that they have been in business for 30 years,it is about time they close down their MICKEY MOUSE OPERATION BEFORE TAKING ANY OTHER ORDERS.This review was written by T STEWART

• Count me as another victim. Dead rose and never sent the balloons I ordered. As stated impossible to get through to a person. Never again.

• 2-13-2014 – Got my DEAD ROSES from AVAS just in time for VALENTINES DAY. The flowers were wilted, black and had frost burn and the leaves were dried up. The minute UPS rang my doorbell I got them, so they were not sitting outside. Hubbie called to complain and they offered to send me new ones on Monday or give us 50% back. I am sure 50% will cover their costs just fine. BTW the CS rep told him the flowers cannot sustain cold weather, well duh! If they know that their packaging isn’t sufficient protection why are they shipping flowers! thanks AVAS for making this a memorable Valentines day.

• I ordered two dozen roses for my wife for valentines day and the red roses were rotten and smashed. I tried to contact them but it is impossible to get in touch with anyone to make a complaint.

• THIS PLACE IS A JOKE. I ORDRED FLOWERS FOR MY WIFE FOR VALENTINES ON 02/12/14. I SPECIFCALLY TOLD THEM TO DELIVER BEFORE 4:00PM AND THEY ASSURED ME SHE WOULD GET THEM TODAY 02/14/14. I HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION I PRINTED OUT THE DAY I PLACED THE ORDER. SHE NEVER RECEVIED THEM. NO ONE EVER CALLED ME FOR ANYTHING. I TRIED CALLING AND DUE TO WEATHER CANNOT ANSWER THE PHONE. I AM I TEXAS FOR GODS SAKE AND THEY SAID THEY HAD A LOCAL STORE IN SUGARLAND.

• at least you all received them, I ordered flowers for my wife of 31 years for Valentines day. It is now7:30 pm on Valentines day and NO flowers

• Yeah they got me to for Valentine’s Day today……..

• Ava’s Florist is a scam. I have the same complaints as everyone else received dead flowers in a box on 2/14/20114. Out of pocket $151. I hope the cops get these people.

• My Valentine’s Day bouquet came via the USPS, half dead and in a small box, left upside down on my back porch in the sun. I called them six times and was put on hold then cut off. They took my money, gave me ajoke of a product. Their advertising as being a local community florist, I didn’t know until I searched on line that they were from NY, and had a bushe full of similar complaints. __What a SCAM…and this is what America is coming to? A bunch of crooks, and they are all living in the NY area!

• I received my dead roses just in time for Valentines Day, they said they would ship news ones Monday 2-17 or refund us 50% – Support your local florist

• BEWARE OF THIS COMPANYIS A JOKE

I ordered a dozen of roses for my 10 year old daughter, The roses were not delivered on the day scheduled. They next day she received a box with 12 DEAD roses and a empty vase. The color was not even correct. I called waited on line for 45 minutes to hear they would refund the $100.00 dollars to my account 2 days later the money still isn’t REFUNDED called again and got the same Bull as before. DONT USE THIS COMPANY THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU WILL GET NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!

• My advise is to support your local florist. Shop local. They can contact flower shops in your loved ones city and you will be assured a positive result. Local flower shops know their clients and they know their clients families, their tastes and events that are happening in their lives. Use your LOCAL florists….not some fly-by-nite online spam! Do not support these sites by ordering from them. This is the only way you can make sure that what you ordered is what you got! I am a former Mayor in a small city if California and totally support small business and shopping local! Go America!

• These liars told me that they were local and I would be getting flowers in a vase. All my girlfriend got was a box of half dead flowers and droopy leaves in a box with a vase to do it yourself. Not only that they delivered it to the wrong address and she got a phone call to come and get them. Ruined the whole surprise. It was awful. On top of that , you will not be able to get their customer support line to answer…only the sales line. Then they will put you on hold until you give up and you have to listen to the recording telling you about their fabulous reputation and highly skilled floral artists. I mean, what kind of talent does it take to jam a fist full of dead flowers in a box. By the way, the money will be out of you account well before you see any flowers to complain about. Save yourselves….DONT DO IT

• My suggestion is to go to your local florist….one that you trust…to order flowers for your family and friends and special occasions. Never ever order fresh flowers from a company that you do not know…there is no way to "restock" fresh flowers! Shop local only…that is the American Way and therefore you can avoid all the scammers….like Avas!

• Total rip off! Poor quality product and poor customer service! I am very dissatisfied with the quality of the product that I ordered! As a matter of fact the delivery was not what I ordered.

• Avas Flowers sucks!!!!!!!!!

• I ordered a flower arrangement and some chocolate covered strawberries to be sent to my wife on valentines day 2014. I get a text from her 2 days before valentines day asking me if I had sent her some roses and some candy. I thought this was peculiar because I had just placed the order the day before. I immediately called Avas Flowers to check the status of my order. The automated system stated that my order was still on schedule and was to be delivered on valentines day but I had a strange filling about this. I finally spoke to an Avas representative and they confirmed that it had been delivered 2 days early. The delivery wasn’t what I had asked for. It was some flowers in a box and some cheap chocolates. I’ve seen better at a gas station. When talking to the representative I told him the situation and he stated that they don’t do refunds and that they would resend the package for valentines day but based on the previous complaints I’ve read I don’t believe it will be correct. Avas Flowers is a total rip off and I will never order from them again. The pics they display of their products will not be what you receive. I will be contacting the better business burro and spreading the word on what kind of business Avas Flowers is. They are an embarrassment to the flower business. Avas Flowers will ruin that special occasion for you because of their poor quality product and they don’t seem to care about correcting it for you. What they are doing to hard working people like myself isn’t right! I hope it catches up with them in the long run!!

• 2/12/2014 – OMG…HORRIBLE!!! They tell you one thing to get you to buy flowers, then when they are delivered, they are completely not what you ordered! They also told me they would be HAND Delivered and they were not…they were in a box and needed to be arranged. They completely assured me that they would NOT be in a box!! How can someone run a company like this…AND it says FAMILY OWNED!! SHAME on the FAMILY then!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE!! (Oh…and they said they never get compliants – lol)

• I just received a floral arrangement. The stems were cut wrong (straight across), dry, & dying for 5 inches from the bottom upward.
    Two roses were wilted & fell apart. The purple flowers & lilies were brown & wilting. Very disappointing. I called AVAS & asked that my family get credited. Was told by AVAS they do not credit ‘delivered flowers’. They offered to send a new arrangement. Very disappointing.

• PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM AVA’S AND BE TAKEN AS I WAS!!!!!!! I ordered a bouquet of flowers (even paid extra for deluxe version) to be delivered to my daughter at her school for her Birthday. When I realized later that evening that she didn’t get them, I called and was advised they attempted delivery at 1 pm but was unable to deliver and will attempt again the following day. My daughter is a teacher at an elementary school that is unlocked all day with 2 people working at front desk so I do not believe they ever attempted to deliver on her Birthday. They finally delivered the flowers late the next afternoon but the bouquet was nothing like the one I had ordered, didn’t contain even 1/3 of the roses it showed for the deluxe version on their website that I had paid extra for and at least half the flowers were already wilted. I already felt bad that my daughter didn’t receive the flowers for her birthday but to make it even worse when she sent me a picture and I was even more embarrassed that I paid to have something that looked so bad delivered to her school where her coworkers could see them! I called Ava’s and asked for a refund but was rudely advised my options were to get a store credit, have another bouquet delivered or get a 50% refund of cost of flowers only since they charge a "restocking fee"! I certainly didn’t want a store credit not did I want to be embarrassed again so I requested to speak to a manager. I was advised all were busy but one would try to call me later. I waited 3 days without response so emailed them and received email back that a manager would be contacting me with best way to resolve my problem. I waited over a week again with no response so called back and asked to speak to a manager – not sure that is who I finally spoke to but after arguing with her I finally just agreed to take the 50% credit of flower fees back on my credit card but I guarantee I will never order from this company again or let anyone I know order from them either. I should have just disputed the charges on my credit card but I didn’t feel right since I should have checked out this company better myself first. After after seeing all the complaints I now know I am not the only one who has had problems and was taken advantage of. It is just sad that companies like this can continue to scam people. PLEASE DO NOT LET YOURSELF OR ANYONE YOU KNOW BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY THIS COMPANY! PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM AVA’S!!!!!!!!!!

• Feeling duped as well!!! Chose a beautiful arrangement online for my cousins birthday, with a large mylar balloon. My cousin posted pics to Facebook & I was horrified.. looked like something you pick up a the checkout line of the grocery store, with a large yellow, tacky happy face balloon on a stick! They offered to resend the flowers. I was fine with that at almost $70, my cousin just sent my a picture of an even worse arrangement with dead and broken flowers!!! I was on hold for over 45 mins. Lesson learned. Spread the word!

• I almost ordered but I am glad I went to review some comments about this company. I know you good people were taken advantage of but your comments may save others such as myself from loosing money to a company such as this one.

• I went to work for this company adfew weeks ago I lasted 5 -1/2 days 5 of which were supposed to be training all the training was geares toward lying, and trying to upsell the customer they have to be the most unethical deceitful co of all time theyare not mistreating any of you accidentally its on purpose and with relish cant understand how they can stay in business

• Ava’s Flowers was chosen by my brother to send a bouquet of 15 bird of paradise flowers to Florida for my birthday on January 17. I received the flowers late that day, and they were horribly burned from the cold storage, torn, brown, and unacceptable. My brother contacted Ava’s Flowers, and a second bouquet was sent on 01/21/14, also arriving very late in the afternoon. These, too, exhibited the same damage as the first bouquet & were unacceptable. When the flower company was contacted twice to request a full refund, management only offered to send out more flowers (no longer desired by sender or recipient), a store credit, or the balance after a 50% restocking fee, but no full refund! Who would buy a product in good faith, pay in full, to then receive something that’s garbage? Flowers are a "happy" product, a perishable & costly product, meant to express emotion and care to the recipients. This bouquet from my brother was not only sent to celebrate my birthday, but was an expression of thanks for helping him rebuild his life after losing his beloved wife.
    Unbelievably, their website pledge says, “Your satisfaction is our Number One priority, not just because it’s our job, but because we really do care.” What a joke.

• Avas’s flowers is a rip-off! I ordered a flower, card and candy gift for my Mom-in-law’s 69th b’day the day BEFORE her day (she’s in FL). And they couldn’t get it delivered. Each time I call "it’s on the truck". Never called her to say on way, running late, nothing. This is the 3rd day and so I called for a refund. And guess what? Yep, "it’s on the truck". And they can’t give me any money back unless I find a "problem with the product". Are you f@!#$ kidding me? There is NO PRODUCT! I told them they had a choice, give me my $ back or I’ll let the senior citizen they’ve been making wait at home — she’s a lawyer and will take the case for free. She’s friends with her AG and I know my AG’s wife (I’m in AK). They officially SUCK! And they are scammers. I don’t usually blog or give such bad reviews — but that changes now. Gotta love the internet!

• i order flowers for a grandmother funeral. We paid over $60 to have the flowers she liked. Not only was there not a single rose in the arrangement but the arrangement itself was nothing i order. It was HORRIBLE and so EMBARRASSING!! I could have went to the local Walmart for $10 and gotten a better plant. Yes they sent a plant. I order a white basket of roses and daisy. I have sent email follow with phone with no response. Do not use these people-they do not check their florist out and then if you have an issue they will ignore you. You have been warned.

• Just got screwed by this company saying I have to pay more for delivery , even when I had free delivery for buying . Nice way to celebrate a birthday with no flowers or as of yet no flowers . mmm wonder win or what day they’ll show up . Called customer service and of course got 2000% runaround and told that I should have payed more . DO NOT USER THIS COMPANY YOU WILL BE SCREWED AS I WAS !!!

• Ordered a small bouquet for a co-worker. They were suppose to arrive by 12:00 as birthday girl was leaving at 3:30. They arrived at 3:30 and I had to put the arrangement together. The flowers were smashed. I ordered 3 yellow balloons. The sent one tiny little mylar baloon on a stick. All this for over $60.00 – Really – Really?

• I ORDERED THE "ENCHANTED BOUQUET" TO BE DELIVERED FOR A FRIENDS BIRTHDAY ON 1/28/13. SHE WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THEM SHE POSTED A PICTURE ON FACEBOOK. I WAS HORRIFIED. THESE FLOWERS WERE NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO THE PICTURE I SAW ONLINE. NOW I CAN EXPECT A FEW SIMPLE CHANGES BUT THIS WAS A BUNCH OF FILLER FLOWERS WITH 2 ROSES DROPED IN. I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE & THE REPRESENTATIVE WAS BEYOND RUDE. I EXPRESSED MY DISATISFACTION & ACTUALLY HEARD THIS GIRL SIGH & CONTINUOUSLY CUT ME OFF. YOUR COMPANY IS NOT REPUTABLE & YOUR FRONT LINE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A DISGRACE . A HARD LESSON LEARNED CONSIDERING HOW MUCH MONEY FLOWERS COST. I SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH "PROFLOWERS,FTD OR TELEFLORA". THANKS FOR NOTHING AVA’S FLOWERS.

• I just ordered flowers for my sister’s birthday. The flowers I ordered on line were nothing like what she received. The colors were nothing like what they showed on-line. This was my first and last time to use this company.

• WORST COMPANY EVER!!! TOTALLY INCOMPENTENT!! then the customer service for them is even worse. Didn’t give me what I paid for. Delivered flowers that had to have been made by a 2nd grader TWICE and to top it off DELIVERED ON THE WRONG DAY!!! How incompetent can they be??? It’s not like this time was a busy floral season. It was my daughters 16th birthday. Couldn’t get them to her on her birthday and when we get the first delivery…not even close to what I paid for. Then the "correction" still wasn’t what I paid for!!! ALL ON THE WRONG DAY…. then when we complain, we are told that we will have to pay a restocking fee…WHAT?!?! FOR YOUR MISTAKE I NOW NEED TO PAY TO RESTOCK THE WRONG ARRANGEMENT!!! Are you kidding me!!!!

• Ordered calla lilies and roses that were supposed to arrive on a Friday for a Saturday home wedding. No flowers were delivered until MONDAY- frozen, brown balls for calla lilies and basically dead bouquet. I had called on Saturday evening and the gal was actually polite and assured me they would still be delivered that day. The wedding was at noon and it was already 6PM. She pt me on hold and acted like she consulted a manager. She couldn’teven tell me they would be there in the hour and I doubted Fed EX was out and abou afer 7PM on a Saturday nightt. I was right-they did not arrive until Monday and they must have sat on some truck all weekend freezing- if they ever even looked good. Plus driver just left them outdoors in box and you know what temps have been in Chicago suburbs!! Supposedly I am getting a refund. If not, I will be disputing this charge. My first and last time with Ava’s Flowers.

• Avas sent my 84 year old mother – dead flowers! Hey Avas she is still alive!

• Absolutely the worst florist I have EVER dealt with, I ordered an $83.99 arrangement for a very special occasion. Flowers were dead within three days. Called immediately and was assured I would receive call back. Oh yes, operator was quite rude. Waited 48 hours, no call. Called back and got same routine. I tried one more time and has been 48 hours and no call. I just sent an email and we shall see. My time is very valuable and I realize they do not agree. So I will not proceed, however, shame on you Avas flowers. You are a complete fraud and a bunch of thieves. I will always go with Pro flowers as I have always done in the past. I guess this is what I get for going elsewhere. Go Pro Flowers. your the best. Debra Ramirez San Diego CA.

• Like everyone else, I was duped. I also thought I was ordering from a local florist. The delivery arrived a day late (day after my recipient’s birthday…nothing says "happy birthday" like a belated flower delivery) via FedEx. By the time they arrived, the Orchids were wilted and the vase was broken. And I was out $69.93. A total sham. Do NOT order from Avas. It’s a sham.

• Part 2 of Barb W.’s complaint about Avas Flowers

Would you want these delivered to your loved ones after you paid almost $74.00 for it????? I think not. You had some flowers that were getting ready to go bad and just took advantage of the situation and used them because I did not live in the area. How sneaky and unprofessional. You should have been highly embarrassed to let your business name go out on the card.

This was nothing like what we ordered. Actually, 2 different families went in on this so it REALLY LOOKED BAD like we were really cheap!!! When I called to order the flowers, they even got my message wrong after me repeating it to them several times. It was a man who took the order. I think his name was Keith, but not 100% sure on that. I wanted the card to say "With Prayers and Deepest Sympathy…Love, Uncle Vance, Aunt Barb, Lisa …Gary and Annette" When I got the email sent to me after ordering, it’s a good thing I did check it because what the guy put on the card was this……"With Praises and Deepest Sympathy" I didn’t want my family to think that I was HAPPY my brother in law passed away….Why would you put "Praises" on the card. He also spelled my daughter Lisa’s name wrong after I told him at least 3 times how to spell it. He spelled it LIZA.

This arrangement we ordered was supposed to have 32 carnations. By looking at it in the casket (where it wasn’t supposed to be put in the first place) it appeared that it might have had about 12 or so. It was supposed to be in a vase with a 5" opening for the mouth of the vase and have a beautiful red bow WITH GOLD EDGING THAT WE PAID $4.99 FOR, but instead had PURPLE TISSUE PAPER THAT DID NOT MATCH AT ALL, …..It was supposed to have pine cones…there were none…It was supposed to have Christmas tree branches throughout…there were NONE! They were dying because of no water! My family could hardly believe how bad they looked! It was truly embarrassing to all of us! Below are the pictures of what we ordered ….don’t forget….the CUSTOM ORDER …….then notice the very pitiful flowers at the foot of the casket…My nephew took them out and our card because they were so bad…I expect as I said. A FULL REFUND….EVEN THE HANDLING FEE..ETC….I WANT EVERY PENNY BACK!!!! I will inform the Better Business Bureau about this. From what I understand, the picture of the flowers in the casket look bad,but, they actually looked worse in person. The person that let that terrible half dead bouquet go out the door should be ashamed of themselves and have actually hurt your business name. These flowers were the "joke" of the evening!! This was a highly unethical thing to do and especially for such an important function as a funeral!!!! I am considering paying for an ad to be put in the Canfield newspaper. I understand there are mistakes….and then there is just total dishonesty! I expected what I ordered, the flowers the way they looked on your website. This false advertising. I do expect a full refund….I do not want to hear about not getting the money back due to some restocking fee. I know it is very easy to refund the money. I worked in a floral shop at one time. Please see the two pictures below! Very different from what I ordered!

Sincerely and Highly Dissappoonted,
    Barbara W.

• Yeah…SCAM FOR SURE!!! This is terrible what Avas Flowers did when we ordered a funeral arrangement. First, I called and went round and round with a girl that said she was a supervisor. We paid $73.94 for an arrangement called Christmas Carnations Farm Fresh…They were everything but fresh. They were awful. My sister took a picture of them and they were supposed to be in a vase with a bow that we paid extra for..$4.99 to be exact…and there was not vase at all and they were put in the casket!!!! They were so bad my nephew had to take them out and the card…We were highly embarrassed! The supervisor said that she could not give a total refund because there is a restocking fee. The only thing they offered was to give 1/2 back or she would make up a sympathy basket with fresh fruit…I declined the offer ..I told her I was scared to do that after the flowers came looking the way they did. (Honestly, all I could picture was fruit getting soft and rotten with worms starting inside) I told her I am not happy with either of those and did not know for sure what I was going to do about this situation yet. The Better Business Bureau was contacted and Ava’s has an "F" rating and over 500 complaints this year already! I got the supervisors superior over her, which she said was Ryan. (who even knows if he is a real person) I send him a letter telling what I thought of the junk service. This letter was sent before I contacted the BBB. Here is the letter:

Ryan:

If need be, I will have to go above to your superior on this: Please read.

I expect a FULL refund…not a partial refund or a credit! Below is a picture of what we ordered (THE CUSTOM ORDER) and then the picture of what was DELIVERED!! They were so bad that they were removed from the casket……THEY WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE CASKET BUT IN A VASE WITH A BEAUTIFUL RED BOW WITH GOLD TRIMMED EDGES THAT COST $4.99 FOR THE BOW ALONE!!! Did you really think I would not find out about this? This is not 1985 where there was not way to send pictures instantly….this is 2013, the day of technology! How terrible and low to take advantage of people that live out of state and think that you can send an ugly bouquet like this because I wasn’t able to see it! Plus they had no water and were looking like they were dying. There was only purple tissue paper around the bottom with a RUBBER BAND to hold it on. Not even the decency to tie a small cheap piece of ribbon on it to even try to make it look like you put a little bit of effort into it. We paid almost $74.00 for this???????? It looked like a bouquet that was getting ready to die at a grocery store floral shop and they just wanted to get rid of it at 75% off or something. Here is an email my sister sent me and I was so embarrassed!

Girl….these were the most pitiful looking flowers I ever saw in my life. I actually thought someone like picked them theirselves and laid them in there when they went to calling hours or they look like ghe ones at grocery store floral shop you just pick up a bunch for a couple bucks!! Shawn took them out of the casket cause they were not looking so good and they were trying to die cause ghey had no water. Girl just a clump of carnations…red and white with s small amount of baby breath and some fern. But you couldnt even see what they were cause they were straight up in the air…not spread out…with that purple tissue and a rubberband. It was bad. I wouldnt have payed more than 2 bucks for that mess TOPS!!!!!!! I knew you would be mad like a hornet. It’s ok. Dont stroke out. We took the card out too! EMBARRASSING I asked Shawn when I got there where your flowers were cause I saw nothing like you described. He said in the casket with dad. I said what??????? He said that’s them right there. I said shut your mouth!! You’re lying. He said read the card….sure enough….it was yours. SMH…..unbelievable!!!!

• Sure wished I had thought to look for complaints earlier, I was duped like the rest of you! I thought they were a local Daytona Beach Florida Florist, and I was ordering from Ontario Canada to my mother who is a snowbird. She didn’t get them on time, she didn’t get what I ordered, and I am out $80+ not including exchange

• AVAS FLOWERS IS A SCAM! After paying nearly $200 for a funeral floral spray to be delivered and finding that they had not arrived for the funeral (with 4 days notice to deliver), we tried calling customer service and were hung up on 5 times. There is no customer service, the only phone calls taken are for orders and your credit card number. This is a scam company across the country. Only purchase flowers from a reputable florist in the local area. Check complaints on the internet first. This company is as low as pond scum from top to bottom. They should be put out of business!

• BEWARE! I can’t believe I didn’t read the reviews either before using them. I ordered a very large spray for a funeral and it was never delivered. I tried to call them the morning of the funeral to check on the status of the delivery & the answering service put me on hold as if he was calling someone. He came back to the line & said they were working on the arrangement & it should be delivered that morning. I asked who he called & he couldn’t tell me and he didn’t know what city the florist was in. I called again an hour before the funeral & no answer at all !! (lunch time??) Well, the funeral came and went with no flowers from me. This was for not only one of my favorite uncles but my Godfather! I was truly embarrassed. No one answered the rest of the day. I called the following day & got an answering service again. She told me that something was wrong with the ordering system & no one ever processed it which means the guy from yesterday lied. After they tried to get me to order more flowers or some fruit for the family, they did agree to finally refund my money. Keep in mind…….you wil never be able to talk to an actual florist.

• I ordered a Peace Lily for the funeral of my bosses father. This turned out to be a very embarrassing situation. I work for a Honda Dealership, as a matter of fact I’m the CRM (customer relations mgr.) The Peace Lily was never delivered, since I placed the order I felt obligated to give every one their money back, needless to say I got stuck paying for nothing. If we treated our customers the way they treated me when I called, we would be out of business long ago. I’ll tell everyone "Never ever order Flowers or anything from Avas." Another lessen learned.

• I ordered a plant for delivery on Now. 27, 2013 with a card addressed to two different individuals residing at the same address. The plant was delivered two weeks early only and addressed to only one recipient. the plant is beautiful but the inappropriateness of the delivery time, the incorrect card and the misspelling of the the one recipients name are three mistakes too many. I will not order from Avas flowers again.

• Ava’s is sneaky, as they advertise as a "local" florist in whatever city you google. I didn’t realize they were basically FTD until a different (actual local) florist delivered. I loved the flowers that were delivered. HOWEVER, I ordered the premium (and paid extra) and quite obviously the standard was delivered. I paid for, and should have received, more flowers. Since I was happy with the arrangement I requested they just refund my credit card the "upgrade" fee I paid for the premium. The standard was lovely. Had I known it would be I wouldn’t have upgraded. After several emails, several calls with on hold times of 10 min. + or hang ups….I FINALLY spoke to someone who offered me reward points toward a future purchase. NO WAY, I’ll take a refund for the over charge. Surprise, they do not refund….even if they don’t deliver what was promised. They did offer to pick up old bouquet and redeliver, we’ll see if they do. At this point, I am not even convinced they let the local florist know that the bouquet was supposed to be premium….not sure whose fault it is. I do know this, Ava’s customer service is extremely lacking!

• Pleasantly surprised, they refunded my "upgrade fee"……..after I threatened to report them to the BBB. Big lesson learned here.

• I recently ordered a basket of fall daisies for my daughter-in-law to welcome her home after having been gone for one year! I searched online for Champaign, IL florists and Ava’s popped up first with promises of big discounts and free delivery. I chose what I though would be a full basket of flowers and a balloon but when I saw what my son posted on Facebook, I was appalled. There were only 15 daisies in the basket with other sparse fillers, no ribbon that I could see, and he thought the flowers looked a little dried out. Trying to contact Ava’s was difficult, and when I did they promised to call but didn’t. I have learned a lesson I would like to share. WHEN YOU NEED TO ORDER FLOWERS, GOOGLE A FLORIST THAT ACTUALLY LIVES IN THE TOWN WHERE THE FLOWERS ARE TO BE DELIVERED. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE AVA’S FLOWERS OR ANY OTHER OFFSITE FLORIST WHO WILL TAKE PART OF THE VALUE OF THE ARRANGEMENT YOU ORDER FOR THEIR PROFIT.

• I wish I had done a bit more research before ordering flowers from Avas. I clearly wanted pink flowers as the arrangement was listed as Pink Roses and Lily’s birthday bouquet. The arrangement they delivered was pretty but the flowers were red and I also paid extra to have an express deliverer by 1:00 and they were not delivered until 5:30. I don’t usually comment on businesses but I feel like the public should know. Next time I will find a local florist and order from them. I feel sure they would try to make things right where as I do not expect anything from Avas.

• Failed delivery to a funeral, then redelivery to family and final fail to internment (later)…..hours on phone, hang ups , lied to emails etc: wish I had checked reviews: they come up as a “local” florist for a death out of city I live in: nice picture of a family run business: what a sucker play.

• Not Happy! I orderd flowers last Thursday a dozen of roses with baby breath in a box and was told why do I want them that way, Then I asked if they would be deliverd by 3pm that day I was told yes, Well they were deliverd around 5pm which was to late they were not in a box like I ask for and know baby’s breath, but was charged $77.00 Im very much NOT HAPPY! And I beleave I should get refunded, I was treated very rude by the lady Thursday around noon she was quik to make me order but lied to me, Maybe I should go get a lawyer and tell everyone what kind of place this is, I feel I was cheated and ripped off, very much not happy!!!!! And they have never called to make good on the order …. Don’t buy from AVAS Flowers
    I want my money back!!!!!

• I placed an online order with Avas 4 days before the arrangement was supposed to be delivered. On the day of delivery, an email was sent indicating the arrangement was not available so they would substitute a higher priced arrangement. The arrangement was not delivered on the date requested, so I contacted them. I was told it was my fault because I did not confirm a substitution. Now the belated birthday arrangement is really belated. When asked when the arrangement would be delivered, I was told tomorrow. I asked when, and was again told tomorrow. I can’t wait to see the arrangement tomorrow. If anyone reads these reviews, steer clear of Avas if you’re smart.

• I ordered a fruit basket . It was supposed to be delivered on 8-24-13 …..still not delivered by 4:00 p.m. on 8-25-13. The company insists it was delivered. I guess the delivery person ate the fruit. Never again will I make this mistake. Called my bank and they are doing an inquiry and feel very sure that I will get my money refunded!.

• I had ordered large fragrant Asiatic Lillies (white) and pink hydrangeas with a banner that had sister and aunt printed on it, over $100. A small arrangement of red carnations and a few white roses was delivered instead without a banner to my sister’s funeral. This is my first and last experience with Avas of Cloverdale, Indiana. They refuse to refund my money! Don’t do business with these con artists!

• avas sucks no other way to explain my flower experience …….very deceptive be carful and read the very,very fine print I hate companys like this scamming money from people what ever happened to honesty in these American companys …all they want is a fast buck

• I have contacted teh NJ Attorney General. If you want to send me your email, I can forward my email to you and join you in. My email is jacquelinedmartin@outlook.com

• This type of company is only a call center or order gatherer! Call a local florist! Talk to the actual florist directly and you will be told at that moment what is available and when it can be delivered. Dealing direct is the only way to go! Eliminate the middle man – it only costs more $$ and you have communication issues!

• Had the same problems as many of you….they said they will refund my money…we shall see. Horrible scam!

• I’ve contacted the NJ Attorney General. If you send me your email I can include you in additional complaints. Mine is jacquelinedmartin@outlook.com

• Ordered flowers for funeral and was promised they would be delivered prior to funeral and visitation. They were delivered after funeral. Not very professional. The web page got me. Never use them again.

• I thought these flowers were a joke because they came in such bad condition. My husband spent $74.00 on calla lilies and they were suppose to be white. Needless to say they were not in any kind of water or sponge when they came so the flowers were dry and shriveled up yellow and brown. Avas Flowers sent another arrangement when my husband complained and they were even worse than the first bouquet. All of the customers and people I work with wouldn’t stop commenting on how pathetic both bouquets were. After speaking with multiple rude and incompetent customer service reps and wasting 1 whole hour of my life fighting for what my husband paid for, a "manager" HUNG UP ON ME. NO PROBLEM RESOLVED AND I HAVE TWO CRAPPY BOUQUETS OF FLOWERS ON MY HANDS. Is this how Avas flowers treats paying customers?????

P.S. I was offered yet another bouquet of either calla lilies (which Im certain would be as dried up as the last too) or a dozen roses. My husband ordered calla lilies for a reason. I requested to send a golden discovery orchid and they refused. The customer service at avas flowers is horrendous and I figured you would want to redeem yourselves to not only myself and my husband but to all of the people who have to walk past these pitiful flowers.

• ORDERED PEONIES THEY DELIVERED ROSES. CALLED COMPLAINED WOULD RESEND CORRECT FLOWERS NEXT WEEK. THE NEXT WEEK THE PEONIES WERE IN BAD SHAPE COULDNT DELIVER TILL NEXT DAY. I TRIED TO CANCEL THEY INSISTED ON KEEPING MY DELIVERY AND BULLIED ME ON PHONE SAYING I AGREED TO DELIVERY. I SAID I ALSO CANCELLED IT. CALLED CREDIT CARD COMPANY FILED GRIEVANCE WITH NO PROBLEM WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

• I ordered flowers,and first they didn’t look anything like the pic,some flowers were not even there,and there was a 18.00 delivery charge?very unsatisfied,would never use them again!

• Absolutely pathetic!! I ordered flowers for my Uncle’s funeral, the Always Adored Calla Lily Bouquet. It was delivered on time, BUT the calla lilies were dead. They had already began to turn brown around the edges. I called immediately to complain and was NOT happy when I made this call. Amanda originally told me she could not access the order without the order number. I informed her that I knew she could access it by using my email address and of course she did. I was told there would be a replacement arriving by 9am tomorrow morning in time for the funeral at no charge, we shall see. I was also told my account would not be charged, so far it is still showing. I wish I had checked this out before ordering. After reading all of these other complaints, I am fairly certain that I just got scammed out of $100. If all the "promises" are kept I will gladly post that they did what they said. I would not recommend using this company at all, even if they fulfill my order.

• I said I would reply if they did what they said…..replacement flowers did arrive approx. 15 mins. before the funeral (at least they arrived) instead of 9am. The quality was much better. I am not 100% satisfied, but 90 – 95% I did receive a call this morning from a Sr. Mgr. (Justin) who was very nice. I do have to pay the original bill, but no additional charges for the replacements. I can live with that. I would be 100% satisfied if the quality of the original bouquet had been the same as the one today. If it had been, the lilies would have been open today for the funeral and would have looked like the picture. Hopefully, they will open tomorrow and my Aunt will enjoy them at home. However, I will not use this company EVER again.

• I was also screwed… Anniversary flowers delivered a day late to our hotel, the day after we left. Tried getting satisfaction via the phone and 2 hours later… NOTHING but a headache

• this company really sucks! avas flowers are order gatherers..meaning they get money from their costumers and process it by calling the nearest local flower shop from the recipient. Example, they gonna get $60 from the costumer then give only half of the amount to the florist to have it delivered for them. People from this company are not getting their pay on time that is why they are not doing their job properly. They do not give the the excellent service that the customer deserve.

• The WORST! I ordered a special arrangement to be delivered to my mother-in-law after her surgery. Ordered delivery for a Friday (the day of her surgery). No delivery that day. I called 4 times (disconnected 3 times when they heard I wasn’t happy and wanted to cancel). Then I finally spoke with Chloe (manager, I believe) and she said the flowers would be delivered on Monday and I could NOT cancel the order. So, the flowers were delivered 3 days late – and looked nothing at all like what I had ordered. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!

• Was in a rush to order flowers and forgot to check reviews first! Very disappointed in the service and product here, I ordered flowers for funeral and they arrived looking nothing like what was on the website. The quality and product were totally different then what was represented. Heartbroken, it was important to me that these flowers be beautiful to represent a beautiful life well lived. I was given a store credit, which is too little too late.

• Avoid this company it is a scam! The worst of everything

• Ordered Mothers Day flowers for our daughter (tulips). Poor quality and three arrived dead. A real embarrassment. They will not refund but will send out a replacement but the damage has already been done. Don’t get stuck with this outfit.

• I ordered flowers two full days in advance from AVA’s for the funeral of my sister-in-law. They did not show up at the visitation, for which they had been ordered, and when customer service put me on the line with the local florist, he said he didn’t know about the order but that they were probably on his truck and should be delivered in time for the funeral the next day. The next day, they were not delivered at the time of the funeral. When the service was over, they were apparently dropped off in the foyer of the church. I do not consider that fulfillment of the order. I tried to get customer service to refund my $120 + credit card charge, but they would not do it. I am still trying to negotiate that, but in the meantime, I am having to file a dispute of the charge with my credit card company. I had used AVAS before, and the flowers sent were magnificent, but it was in another location. I know local florists are responsible for each order, but AVAS should stand behind their customers, and make the local florists responsible for their mistakes. I will never order from AVAS again.

• This was the worst experience I have ever had with a company, they said they were a local company in CA and there would not be a problem with getting the flowers delivered on time. Needless to say, they ran my credit card and the flowers did not arrive. They said they have delivered three days later, and who knows what they must have looked like. I guess I am not alone in loosing my $100.00 paid for their flowers.

• No you are not alone…. Although they only delivered our Anniversary flowersa day late it was the day after we checked out of our hotel. No refund, unable to talk to anyone who could help

• I ordered the "Garden Pleasures gift basket" which was supposed to have miniature roses and daisies growing in it, with bountiful greenery. What my wife received was a cut flower arrangement that looked like it was for a funeral. I called back and stated that I purposely ordered a "growing" arrangement so that my wife could plant them in her flower garden and enjoy them longer. Long story short, they rudely confiscated the first delivery then handed her a plastic pot, instead of the woven basket that was represented in their ad, and the plastic pot had three petunias in it. I did not pay $71.00 to buy a pony pack of petunias!!! Visa will be filing a fraudulent sale claim on Monday!!!!

• pleasure is something these people have no knowledge of…

• Do NOT use this site…I ordered Mother’s Day flowers for delivery on Sat, 11 May 13, in Panama City Fl. I gave a contact number for them to call, I received an email comfirmation that stated that because of the volume, they may have to deliver early. They failed to deliver (said they attempted but no-one was home). They did not call the contact number and they did not email. The Avas Flowers person I was talking to said that drivers do not have the contact info, and that I should have left instructions in the comments section of the order that I would accept delivery with no-one home. She acknowledged that the order site does not have any guidance on the subject and has no check box for the subject, but that it is the customers responsibility to know to make such a comment. she rescheduled the delivery for Monday, 13 May. I requested cancellation of the order, and a refund. She declined to do either. I requested to speak with someone in authority and was told that she had authority to approve/decline cancellations and refunds…she declined, stating that the flowers would be delivered with NO refund. This company advertises timely delivery and refunds if not fully satisfied…they do not "deliver" on etiher count.

• UGH I had the EXACT same conversation with a manager who even ended the conversation by saying "I don’t know why you keep bringing up consumer rights. I AM THE LAW IN THIS OFFICE. f**k YOU." That was a manager apparently? I asked her if she is aware that customers have the full right to a refund and she told me she hasnt studied consumer rights and doesn’t care.

• Same experience. Dead tulips from New Jersey sent to Mississippi even though it said they had local shops. Total run around when I tried to complain. "Accidentally" disconnected several times. They actually called me back when I had my credit card company dispute the charge. I suspect they aren’t even from the US. Bad people.

• Worst experience ever. My son tried to send me flowers which were to be delivered 4/23/13. I still haven’t received them. Avas called me at 3:15 a.m. to confirm my address on 5/8/13 and told me they would be delivered that day. I still haven’t received them. I also ordered flowers for Mother’s Day from Avas and once I heard from my son about his experience, I cancelled the order (this was within an hour of my placement of the order). Avas called me today and said there was no cancellation allowed. They have charged my account and said a manager would return my call. I’m still waiting for a call from someone.

• Baby Girl balloons ordered same day — poor quality Get Well balloons arrived afternoon next day.

Site reported same-day delivery in progress. After 5 calls and sketchy stories about …
    a delivery person who forgot to put the order in the truck,
    deceitful rhetoric about waiting for the driver to return back to the shop (at 7:30pm),
    pledge to email as soon as said driver returned (no email),
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed" but no cancellation when delivery has missed deadline,
    said it would be there b/t 9-11 next day,
    noon next day said it was out for re-delivery (third time now) …
    substandard product showed up only after VISA dispute resolution mentioned. Worst merchant ever.

• The people running this company are thieves. Do not purchase any product from them. They delivered dead flowers to my wife. And the wrong flowers at that. Keep getting the run around. No recourse.

• This company is absolutely the worst … stay away from them .. they’re a disgrace. THIEVES!