Western Union Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Westernunion.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: November 12, 2014

Western Union Corporate Contact

Business Name: Western Union Financial Services, Inc.
12500 East Belford Ave.
Englewood, Colorado 80112 USA

Corp Phone Number: 720-332-1000
Corp Website: westernunion.com

Western Union Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Western Union Complaint

Is Western Union a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Financial Directory ListingWestern Union Financial Services, Inc. Listing

No one named John Smith is eligible to receive moneygram

After being in existence for 163 years, Western Union decides that absolutely no one named John Smith is eligible to receive money via moneygram.

My son initiated a money gram to me through Western Union. I am a 54 year old male. I have never had a problem receiving money grams via Western Union. 2 hours after he had sent the money, I went to a Winn Dixie grocery store in Lakeland, Florida, to get the money. After I had filled out the required form to receive the money, I went to the service desk to get my money. The clerk said that he couldn’t give me my money because, “It was under review.”

I then called Western Union and, was connected to someone, I can only guess, in India. I asked them what they could possibly be reviewing. Whether or not the bills were counterfeit? They said no, it was because my name was John Smith. Now, mind you, I am the only John Smith who lives at 1672 poppy Circle in Lakeland, Florida; that I was the only person, besides my son, who had the specific tracking number or MTCN number, as they call it.

After going through several telephone agents, I asked to speak to a supervisor. The “supervisor” told me that I could scan my I.D. and e-mail the scanned image to him. I asked if I could give him my Social Security number, he said no. I told him I was at a grocery store and that scanning and e-mailing for customers was not one of the services that they offered the public. It didn’t matter. I was irate by this time, having been put on hold numerous times, because I was irate. So, I hung up.

When I had cooled down at bit, I went home, scanned my Drivers License and, prepared an e-mail to be sent. I called Western Union back and asked to speak to a supervisor. I explained what had transpired and, that I needed an e-mail address to send the image of my I.D. to. They said that the money had been refunded, which it had not been. I had called my son and, they told him the same thing, that the money had been refunded. He returned to the Mobil gas station which he had initiated the original money gram, got his money and, initiated a new money gram. This time he put a security question in as part of it.

Feeling that this would surely get the money in my hands, I returned to the Winn Dixie store and, filled out another pick up money form. I felt confident that with all this specific information, I would surely get my money. Same thing ! Then it was intimated to me that NO ONE named John Smith could receive money via money gram through Western Union. This sent me over the top.

They ruined my plans to go to my first Grand Baby’s, first Christmas. I am going to pursue legal action against them, (* Western Union ), if I can. I was discriminated against in a major way and, I feel they should pay, in a major way.

10 Most Recent Western Union Complaints

Consumer Comments For Western Union

• I tried registering and sending money online and it disgust me!!! While trying to register it would always kick me out after I enter my information. I tried chatting with them but that did not help. It kept taking me to a page saying page unavailable. When I explained what happened they just told me to change my browser. My browser works perfectly fine….I have been trying to register with that website like 10 times and will never try again. I probably will never use Western Union again….EVER!!!!!!!!!!

• I tried sending money to my son in Ohio from Florida and it would not go through on their lousy website. so I called them and got some agent telling me that my bank card is invalid. WHAT?!? Neither one of my two bank cards are invalid and all of my information is correct. SO, now my son is in Ohio needing money for his daughter and I can’t get it to him unless I use MoneyGram (which I hate). Now, he is gonna have to wait until her gets it via money order in the mail.

Western Union is a lousy and unprofessional company and I swear, if one dollar is missing from my account, I will sure the pants off of them for fraud and theft.

• I have used WU to send money online from my USA bank account to a recipient in South Africa for the last 8 months. I reside in Costa Rica. It is a very small amount each month sent to my brother to enable him to buy his groceries. Now out of the blue WU says they no longer offer this service to South Africa and when I tried in person at an agent here in Costa Rica they say that the WU site was offline. Now WU tell me " "we are deeply sorry bit if you are in Costa Rica you are unable to use the online service from another country" ?????? Very strange. All WU advertising claims they are "worldwide". No one and I repeat no one at WU can answer my simple questions of WHY?

• I WANT COMPENSATION OF MY 700 DOLLARS,WESTERN UNION ARE NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS!

• Western Union: Head of the Nigerian Connections Fraud (419scams)??

Here my answer to an E-Mail from Western Union advocates. I am myself victim of the Western Union fakes in a height of 19.000.00 USD (approximately)

ATTN: Mr. James C.

Thank you for your E-Mail of today but the response attached means nothing to the complaint.The answer of the collegue is a general fake that does not touch the complaint in any way. According to the two complaints the reasons why the money was sent, is absolutely uninteresting as it is Western Union that is accused of Money Embezzlement having done payments of approximately 16.000.00 USD to forgery passports. These passports of the recipients already could have been seen by Western Union as forgery as, in 7 cases, the given addresses (streets: rue de la Santa Rita, 35 judicial drive) do not exist in Cotonou and with that the passports must have been forgery what could be realized very easy by Western Union. And Western Union is also responsible for their licensed shops, especially then when Western Union refuses worldwide the publication of the locations where the fraud have been done. This only can be seen as involvement of Western Union directly in to the frauds and Western Union, as the only big beneficiary in worldwide fraud, what is by law impossible without inclusion to the frauds, is involved in it deeply as Western Union still is refusing the publication of the locations where the fraud has been taken place and with that Western Union makes itself guilty by law hindering crime investigations by the crime authorities. So, with doing payments to forgery passports, Western Union has broken its own contracted transfer conditions that say very clearly that the transfer is based on two valid passports (sender-recipient) that was not given here as the recipient passport was forgery and with that is responsible for the regress payments also concerning their licensed shops. And I am waiting for this immediately inclusive transfer costs. Because of this and the apparently refusals I already involved the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Justice, FBI and Interpol, the consumer organizations (all USA), the MET England today, the LKA Germany in this matter and it will become more day by day as long as Western Union will not compensate these transfers immediately to my indiscutable rights by law because of Money Embezzlement by Western Union and no one else.

Attached I now will sent you the third time the receipts that is proclaimed for and can be continued and where the complaints again are demonstrated:

1st: there are receipts (7) with the name “Rue de la Santa Rita” according to the information of German and Benin Embassy, this street does not exist and so the passport must have been forgery.

2nd: to the case “Joy Maris” is given a street “35 judicial drive” that does not exist and so all “Joy Maris” passports had been forgery, “Joy Maris” him/herself does not exist in the ECOWAS (Immigration Office of ECOWAS).

If I do not get now the immediate information from Western Union about the location where the fraud had been realized to start immediately crime investigations Western Union also will be accused of hiding the criminals or are they “self employed stuff” from Western Union that I call “Nigerian Connections”?? Is the place of fraud worldwide hidden by Western Union because this place is the place where the Central Computer System of the Nigerian Connections work and with that cannot be found by the crime authorities ? Or do you give your “self employed stuff” a fraudster name too that only can be cleared with a computer system tool to bring the two names (fraudster and legal name) together and the “Holy Western Union” only publishes the fraudster names to the authorities and consumer organizations, very well knowing that they can do nothing with these names ??? Questions that must come up seeing the refusals of Western Union`s working up of money fraud complaints. So, is the Central Computer of the Nigerian Connections in the USA ??? Are the Nigerian Connections a snowball system of Western Union and as already seen of MoneyGram too?? The only case when a passport is not necessary for a money recipient to withdraw money transfers, and with that Western Union does not need to realize a passport forgery is: when a money transfer is done the “self employed stuff” goes to a Western Union Office to withdraw the transfer with fraudsters name and signs the withdraw but gets only paid the legal commission to his legal name from Western Union, the rest of the transfer goes to the treasury of Western Union as Western Union does not need to realize the compensation to its client according to the transfer conditions “after withdraw of the money the money is lost, also in cases if the identification card of the recipient is a fake. Illegal to the utmost !!!! And already in principal: According to law there cannot be a beneficiary of fraud; but Western Union is with millions of dollars every day !!! In approximately 80% of worldwide fraud Western Union is involved with transfers, or let us say: no transfer, 80% less fraud worldwide !!! And that Western Union is used is the only fault of Western Union doing payments even to forgery passports. I will tell Western Union one thing: Western Union is standing under the big suspect having cashed from my 19.000.00 USD approximately 17.000.00 USD for its own stock and 2.000.00 USD as commission payments for the fraudster.

It is a horror to see that the Western Union social engagements (Clinton foundation and so on), that they are “proud” to publish on their Site, last but not least, could be “washed and cleaned money”, “lifted wealth” through Western Union in the underdeveloped countries is based on fraudster activities offered by Western Union. Is every one already wondering that Western Union could survive the billion of dollars drugs money transfers that brought up the impression that Western Union itself is a “high case sensitive” for American agents for example one could imagine, the more one must be wondering that apparently Western Union can build up high personal criminal structures calling them “free employed stuff” for Western Union where as I call them Nigerian Connections. Poor America but, please, hinder that these crimes are exported more and more worldwide !!! At least it should be interesting for US Governments how this crime already is back to your own population. Call in Internet “Western Union Complaints” and you will see !!! In 80% of worldwide fraud Western Union is involved in any way what means: Stop the Western Union Money Transfers by law and you stop immediately 80% of worldwide fraud in reference to 419 scams and Nigerian Connections. And, of course, only this fraud is touched here. And one must be wondering that IC3 (Internet FBI) and Interpol is informed about that but besides a file number from IC3 for that case, nothing happened.

Awaiting your swift reply and the immediate compensation of the money transfers to Benin Gerhard Kommnick.

A copy of this will go in the next days to the responsible crime departments as addition. As I saw that you have partly found my transfers the third time transfer of the receipts as documentation, as they always had been content to my complaints to your company will follow on your request again and your excuses that you could not read them by advocates had been fake too.