National Assemblers Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Company Profile

National Assemblers Picture

Corporate Information

Business Name: National Assemblers Inc.
Category: Factories / Assemblers

Average Rating: 1.00 of 5
Based On: 4 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About National Assemblers

Class Action Lawsuit

I have worked for National assemblers inc and since feb 2012 when Morgan and Morgan filed a federal class action lawsuit for failing to pay overtime wages when overtime is worked, they have started a new company policy.

Now if you work more then 40 hours per week you may not claim it on your payroll sheets. you must falsify your paperwork or you will be terminated.

This company is a complete and total rip off and i do not recommend to anybody for anything. avoid this company at all cost.

Additional Information:

Previously Know As: EAST COAST ASSEMBLERS INC.
Additional Addresses: 2445 QUANTUM BLVD BOYNTON BEACH FL
Previous Websites: nationalassemblers.com, eastcoastassemblers.com

View More National Assemblers Complaints

User Thoughts About National Assemblers

• Real Pro Assembler

Also NAI has a bunch of hard working long hour people.These boys WORK hard for there money,there company and contracts. Its sad if you cant build at least 7 bikes a hour.Stop the drama and let the boys work,Whats done at night will come to the light and nothing you say or do will change that.Its in higher hands and its a "contract" so when you signed your name ALL OF YOU should have know what you were in for.Always ask questions about a job especially a contract job.Good luck to all and AMEN :)

• Real Pro Assembler

Jesus! I have been working for this company for more then two years.It is very hard starting off,I almost got to the point where I was going to leave.Lucky for me my supervisor help me out alot with tools,gas,etc.He is now a Regional manger.I hung in there and man was I glad.I get to be my own boss and I always wanted a job that payed people base own there skill and drive,I myself have found that with all my skills and training I am worth $60/hr.All of you who only stay for a month or three just cant hang,serious we go through people like yall (no offence) all year long.We find 1/50 that are driven enough to hang.Yes its true some people are not honest about the work they do,hints the reason they DO NOT work for us anymore(thank god).Yea bob there is a law suit,its still going on BTW but really almost every company has somebody trying to sue them.

• scott the assembler

I would like to work for you. You can contact me at 816 344 2595

• doug welty

this sounds like a cool job to have, but how do you get into an assemblers job on your own without going thru an already established company? I'm in the chicacoland area, who would I work for? where do I go?

• James

ohhh I see, its a tool selling scam…the 40 hour lock out and the tools that need to be certified…which ill bet everything you have won't be and you'll only be able to use tools they sell. Hell I wouldn't buy a cut rate tool from anyone regardless of certification standards…. bet all made in china as well. can someone send me an employee hand book via .pdf to viper800tt@gmail.com also a tool catalog assuming they've one?

• James

I was thinking of applying for this job…sounds like the easiest job in the world, who doesn't like to put stuff together?? It stats on the job description you must have your own tools….whats with the having to buy the tool from the company? These are all basic tool everyone should have laying around in their house holds right? Maybe that's just me?…

• ernes

Hey assembler/owner (Mike) are you available to pay more to your guys because the 30% you save by NOT paying workcomp and taxes? and also do you remember when you sing the walmart contract the part that said NO sub-contract? that means NO 1099 employee

• matteoscab

I used to work for Huffy Service First for four yrs , about 15yrs ago. Luckily I got out before they tanked. I heard a lot of the stories I am reading on this thread. I now work for urban express as an independent contractor. Mostly bikes, some fitness and game tables during the slow season. Great company to work for. You get paid every fri via direct deposit, as long as paperwork is submitted on time, either fax or email. Must have own tools and you get no training. Their only instore is sports authority, but they also do delivery and assembly. They are a national company, check them out. http://www.uxlogistics.com I hope this helps some of you guys out there.

• Jeri is a muffintop

File your complaints here my friends.

• Nathalie is Fugly

They're active on Better Business Bureau now, so I strongly recommend filing your complaints legitimately. This company is a complete ripoff, they don't post any of their information or phone numbers anywhere, and, having used to work for them, I can tell you stories of how they purposefully and blatantly overcharge customers, penalize (and take money from) the assemblers without telling them ("it's up to them to check their pay sheets" per Jeri in Payroll), etc. etc….so many stories I have. Go to BBB and file your complaints my friends, lets sink this rotten establishment. :)

• Adrian

Everybody has their likes and dislikes about this company. People say "if you work harder then you will thrive" blah blah blah. Thats a load of s***. I'd rather work SMARTER, not HARDER. I'm not trying to kill myself over the pay they give us. Me and my brother were working for this company and they supposedly "lost" our paperwork. I don't see how you lose it. Especially more than ONCE. We are good and honest workers. AND not to mention, we were out in this killer texas heat busting our butts! They didn't even send us to the right places. They would always waste our gas by telling us they had work in other cities far away, but when we got there, there was NOTHING for us to work on. This company is a rip off.

• Dennis

So true…

• Paul

National Assemblers is a great company. It is the only job out there where you get a fair wage for an honest day's work. The owners are honest and very accessible. They want you to succeed. If you got fired from this company you obviously could not handle their extremely simple rules and policies.
    Paul, MA team Leader

• Ethan

Oh the joys of being blindly and purposely ignorant.

• Moving On Up

National Assemblers is a complete scam. You can absolutely make money doing this job — after you invest your own money! However, the pay structure is completely ridiculous and will hopefully be found illegal in this suit. Their payroll and HR departments are filled with the most idiotic people I've ever encountered and their "roll-out" of new procedures and systems are utter failures. AVOID NATIONAL ASSEMBLERS as an employee and customer.

• assembler

NATIONAL ASSEMBLERS ALL THE WAY….whats weird is people have to stoop so low as to go on the web and talk absolute s**t about a company they worked for and because you were fired..which means you never followed company policy or you become one of the many looser who made enough money to blow your mind…i mean come here lets be truthful….if you worked for a company then lost your job job after 5 years,what are you really saying about yourself here….all i see is your upset and pissed off because you lost your job at the finest assembly company in the states and growing….i don't see you here complaining 4 years ago or 2 years ago….no only because you lost your job you attack through stupid web sites like this which are deliberately set up for the frustrated and the upset looser…..

• Nathalie is Fugly

Learn how to spell.

• Odysseus

"National Assemblers"(Glenn and Joe) is indeed blatantly generous to those it chooses. However, the honest, hardworking and conscientious worker is never among the favored. Only the suck-ups are. Regardless of worth ethic. You have to kiss some serious a$$ to be "liked" at this company. "Liked" meaning: You get less "errors" on your paychecks(the "errors" by the way, are the company's way of covering their red balance- standard practice and happens often, the employees who complain the least or are new are usually chosen), you have a better chance of getting your calls to HR answered or returned and you will be treated like you have an IQ of slightly higher than a moose.

The job itself, really is simple and sometimes even rewarding. Fellow assemblers can be amazing people, and nice too!

The concept is great, but in order for this company to be a success and rebound from its continuing decline- both with it's customers and employees, it will need an ENTIRE management overhaul. I do personally hope that National Assemblers gets bought out or sold by someone who knows HOW to run a business (MBA anyone????), HOW to be a good leader (not a tyrannical dictator!), HOW to manage personnel (calling your employees "stupid simple idiots" who "aren't educated" so they "don't deserve anything" is not right.), HOW to think outside themselves, HOW to be consistent (not change pay and procedure and policy on a whim) and knows HOW to keep everything professional.

Currently, it is being run by a father and son duo from New Jersey with tempers shorter than a grenade fuse and with not-so-professional manners, to put it nicely. Everything else is just…..well, rotten fruit from a rotten tree, save for a few good ones who got caught in the crossfire.

To the poster "assembler": Don't shout at or berate or just plain hate on employees- current or former who wish to express their God-given right to free speech. They are entitled to their opinion and to have their say. The company should actively read these posts and see why their employees or customers are unhappy or dissatisfied and then take measures to fix the issues- at least, that's what a good company would do… Your tone seems as if you have adopted too well the standard tyrannical, communist and just plain mean and hateful company creed… I pity you.

• grammarpolice

Pleez, u spell with a 4th grayde edukayshun. Go bak to skool and u could get sumting better. lol . U can lurn a lot from a dummy.

• Ridiculous

Have you ever read the employee handbook from National Assemblers? It is riddled with grammatical errors! Full of run-on sentences! Lack of proper punctuation and capitalization! The parts that are "correct" are the ones that have been "cut and pasted" from other businesses handbooks!

And, "grammarpolice": The ability to spell correctly doesn't make you intelligent. It just shows us all that you are neurotic and a**l and have no life and lack self-worth, hence the reason you need to make yourself feel smart and superior to others by policing spelling on a complaints forum. REALLY?!?!?! That's a whole new level of pathetic.

• andy

i want everyone to know that i have worked for national assemblers for over a year now. i love the people i work for and they pay fair and on time …every time…. i live in indiana and life is good . National is the best paying assembly company out there and i have worked for a couple of otrhers. so all you dummies can gripe if you want to but i know..and i tell all other assemblers…there is no better people than national assemblers inc.

• Don't believe you

Then you must have kissed alot of a**.

• lookingforwork

You're funny Nunya. I am in a better situation now. It's a known fact that this company has been terrible to many many employees. I have a clean background thank you. I do have a little anger towards this company after 2 months of making the place a priority only to be let down by the expense and cost to have the employment to not get ahead at all, and yes, I did work hard and traveled everywhere I could to make money with this job. Funny that the friend I did make that started with this company has never purchased a tool from the company yet was charged 218$ for tools he had not purchased. I worked along side of 2 meth heads who also wreaked of marijuana when they came back from thier breaks. It's a great job for those who can't pass a urinalysis. I myself can. BUH BYE DIPSHIT.

• Nunya

You say you're in a better position for leaving the company, yet here you are on an anonymous message board complaining about it. Sounds to me like you've got some anger, so I'd guess that no, you're not in a better position.
    With any job, if you work hard, you'll prosper. Everyone on this board (including Jay, the little b i t c h who left a perfectly good job because apparently he didn't get a bonus) comes off as whiny people who didn't want to put forth the effort to maintain normal full-time work. And I can only guess how many of you have arrest records too.
    So, in response to yours, I'm doing just fine in my life because I grasp the simple concepts of:

1) Saving money / Budgeting
    2) Working hard to move up in a company or establishment without cutting corners
    3) Dedication

Unfortunately the overall type of people that work for assembly companies are slow-witted grunts who are "good with their hands"…you know, like you.

Buh-bye.

• I see you

You sound like upper-management at National Assemblers. Sounds like the slave-driver tone of hatred of Glenn Schneider(Company President), the condescending tone and spite of Joe Schneider(Company VP) and the quick temper of Ian Manionn(Regional Supervisor and president's pet). Which one are you? Or have you simply been too indoctrinated with the teachings of the company and now imitate them flawlessly?

By the way, YOU are also on an anonymous message board complaining about people complaining. Do you know how ridiculous that is?

• lookingforwork

Well, Nunya, None of the rest of us are cussing about it. We just stated the facts. New employees of this company will soon see that it will not pan out for them. We just want better and are probably now in better positions now that we are no longer with this company. Sorry for you if this is the only job you can get? The best move we all made was to leave.

• finally free

AGREED! The best move was to leave!

• Nunya

**** all you guys, you’re all just lazy a*s pieces of ****. If you work hard, then you’ll thrive, that’s all there is to it. :)

Jay, you sound like a total ******.

Assembler/Owner, you sound like a disgruntled white trash piece of ****.
    Bob the bike builder…well, if that’s the best that you can do in like, being a “bike builder”, then you might as well go jump off a cliff, because you contribute nothing to society.

All of you, go back to TRAILERTOWN!

• Moving On Up

White piece of trash? That's very racist!

• Jack

Hmm, the wording of this post and the punctuation placements and general demeanor of it are eerily similar to Jeri Castrillon- Director of Human Resources at National Assemblers Inc. Or maybe it's just a coincidence….or maybe NOT!

….and the" tyrannical, communist, hateful and MEAN" standard practices of National Assemblers rears it's ugly head…again.
      See children, F*** you, and expletive, expletive, expletive does not wise make you appear. Just sad. So sad.

• lookingforwork

I also worked 1 month and 5 days before I ever got a pay check. I did not make enough $ to pay the loans that friends and family helped me with for gas to make it to work. You're better off working a job anywhere at minimum wage. At least then you'll have an organized company and a regular paycheck coming in. my last check for this place for 2 weeks mind you was for $223.00 after I paid back tools which I still owe for and are now useless as of today! $ Go work here… $111.50 a week is great money?? it will pay your bills and your family will be tickled to death that you're doing so well.

• Hominy

Your story is like so many others and so true. Don't work here! you can do better.

• lookingforwork

I also worked for this unorganized mess. Spent 2 months and 10 days with it and worked my tail off to pay for the tools that were needed. Didn't pay my bills but sure got some now useless tools. with all the travel what I did clear went to gas. First off the Bike rack is $300.00.. You can pick this same tool up online or at a bike shop for half the cost. The company makes a 50-100% profit from this. A 15mm pedal wrench for $30.00.. Save your money and buy a cheap 2$ wrench, it will do the same job. impact and drill $ 140.00 plus.. air compressor at 55$ and the rest of the tools are also costly. the 4,5,6,mm allen can be picked up at a bike shop for around 3-4$ it's 12.50 from the company on top of the shipping costs. They make $ from selling you these tools to perform the job that they make a crap ton off of your labor with! All in all, find another route to make $.. Most any other job is better than this. LESSON LEARNED!!

• Tom

What is the name of your company and do you have a web site I could see?

• bob the bike builder

They must have lost the law suit because the new 2013 handbook points out that nobody is allowed to work more then 40 hours a week.

• assembler/owner

Call Glenn Schneider he is the owner of National Assemblers. His direct cel phone number is 732-915-5500. I should know, I worked for him for 5 years and he is a shady **** guy. He has screwed over sooooooooo many guys in this same way me being one of them. I started my own assembly company and I pay my guys better and I pay them a higher percentage to cover any additional costs. ALWAYS check on your employers before you commit to doing any work for them. Hope you get what you rightfully deserve! If you ever want to check out my company please feel free to do so. But you should know that the feds dont get involved in cases like these so there is NO federal case against National. Maybe a class action case but definitely not federal. Take care and good luck!

• bikebuilder

what is the name of your company ?

• fernando

whats your company's name?

• pete

I would like to check out your company, please reply by email

• Britt Garza

I'm interested also

• bob the bike builder

National Assemblers are total ripp offs. There is a federal class action lawsuit filed against them now.