Massey Services Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Masseyservices.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: April 9, 2015

Massey Services Corporate Contact

Business Name: Massey Services, Inc.
315 Groveland St
Orlando, Florida 32804 USA

Corp Phone Number: 407-645-2500
Corp Website: masseyservices.com

Massey Services Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Massey Services Complaint

Is Massey Services a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Exterminators / Pest Control Directory ListingMassey Services, Inc. Listing

That's what is says, but that's not what it means

I signed up for their quarterly in-home plan on August 30, 2014. I paid a total of $150. My neighbor, a Massey employee, has their service year round, but found a nest of roaches in a closet and sprayed roach killer to kill them before Massey came out to “take care” of them. Why were they there in the first place? Of course, the roaches fled to my house.

After two months, I still had a roach problem and cancelled their service on October 29, 2014. No one mentioned the “satisfaction guaranteed” refund or how it worked. When I read the fine print, I sent a letter (it had to be in writing) requesting a refund of my last payment on December 18, 2014. I got no response.

Finally, today, 3 months later, I called to request to speak with someone as to why I didn’t get my refund. A man named Howard, who obviously thought I was less important than he was, wanted (and eventually did) to read the guarantee to me, despite my telling him I had it in front of me. He said it was for 1/2 of my last payment, which I told him it was not and when he read the guarantee to me, proved it wasn’t. He informed me I did not have a “regular” service, I only had the initial service and the “expanded perimeter service”, so I was not entitled to a refund. He said Massey would have continued to perform services free of charge, including supervisor visits and sending out an entomologist (holy cow!) until the problem was resolved.

I told him the guarantee states that if I am not satisfied after 30 days, I could get a refund of my last payment. However, that is ONLY if there has been a “regular” scheduled service visit. I never made it that far! And when I requested service for fleas, I was given 1 1/2 days to, basically, pack up my entire house, even though I was ill, remove my pets, and then have to wash everything down before bringing them back into the house. And they didn’t tell me the house would have to stay closed up for FOUR hours! I don’t have to do that with a flea bomb!

Needless to say, Howard stood his ground and refused to give me my refund, even though it states AFTER 30 DAYS. You wouldn’t have a “regular” scheduled service visit after 30 days, so the guarantee is fraudulent. You would have an Initial Exclusionary Service to start with, and in 30 days would be the Expanded Perimeter Service—NOT a Regular Scheduled Service.

Massey Services Pest and Termite – 3210 Clay Ave Orlando FL 32804 | 407-894-8807

25 Most Recent Massey Services Complaints

Consumer Comments For Massey Services

• Today is April 9, 2015. I have spoken with another representative of Massey and again with Howard, who told me my refund of $75 should be showing on my credit card by April 10 – 11. I keep checking, but nothing yet. Didn’t take them that long to put the charge on my card. Interesting how it always takes the merchant a lot longer to take it off.

• I also advised Howard that I had contacted the FTC regarding their guarantee, which is not a valid guarantee, since it states it is a “30 day” guarantee but this is only after the first “regular” service, which isn’t until after 60 days. It can’t be both.

• Update: I received a phone call from Howard today, March 30, advising me that, due to my complaint being posted on this website, he had been instructed by someone “higher up” to refund my $75 contingent upon my removing and/or updating my posting. Therefore, I am updating my posting to advise that I am supposed to be receiving a credit on my credit card of $75 per Howard. I will notify others on this site if and when this occurs.

• I was advised by a friend to not agree to any type of contract with this company. Reason why is because the company promise a lot but deliver too little,late to respond and pushy to sell you anything they can

• Woefully understaffed, it takes a week to get someone to come out and treat for termite discoveries. This is NOT a company geared for rapid response and it is vital and expensive when you have contractors working on your home who discover termite damage that you are paying not to have them held up waiting on the termite guy to do his thing for a week before they can continue with their work. Massey needs to have a staff adequate to respond, with everything they need to treat the pests, the same day called.

• I have had the same problems. I hired them to rid my yard of ants. Paid the $150.00 initial and the $100.00 quartley fee. They were called back several times due to the fact the ants just moved thier nest over. Then they billed me for the second quarter which I never recieved. My sales rep, Greg and the staff in the office refused to acknowledge that this was a billing error and have actually turned me over to a collection agency. I have been a termite customer of Massey’s for over 9 years, and they are willing to throw that away over $100.00 I agree Massey can not do the job and thier billing practices are horrible. DON"T USE THEM!

• I agree this company is a rip off ! And they put

False advertisement and lie about there contract

Nobody should get away with ripping people off

I hired them to service my home and the pest control never

Worked and I complained several times then a few months after I got hit with a bill of $75.00 dollars for a quarterly visit they never came to do ! I contact the manager and he refused to credit me ..

They only serviced me for 20 days and I paid them over $ 300.00 dollars . And they still continue to bill me