Duke Energy Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Corp Website: duke-energy.com

Duke Energy Ratings and Reports

Latest Duke Energy Complaint

You Really Suck.

Duke Energy “dukes” Its Own Customers In The Face With Its Unethical Customer Service Reps

After today, I can understand how Duke Energy ranks last in anything. This company started branching down here in Florida and I have had my first distaste of its customer service and employee ethical conduct. I am very displeased with the service that I having been getting from Duke Energy. I have waited for the company to send me a bill in the mail for my electric and what happens, they disconnect my electric.

Now after calling around and wasting my time, I find that the company has a different mailing address on file for my residence when it is supposed to be the same address as where the electric service is being given. Funny enough, my business that my husband and I own was placed as the mailing address when the account we have there even uses our residence mailing address because our business does not even have a mail box. Then, as I am trying to get my electric cut back on today by paying the bill, I cannot because I get a rude customer service operator (named Camellia or something) that sends my call back to the main menu of voice recordings.

Even after calling again, the female rep. refuses to change my mailing information til I pay my bill, which I was attempting to do while wanting to make sure they updated my information so I would not have to go through this whole mess again. To top things off, the lady questioned me as if I was an idiot asking “Don’t you know where electric comes from and that you have to pay the bill to get the service?’ Well, duh, but don’t the company NEED to get my information correct to SEND me a bill so I can pay for my services? Like I magically can guess the amount of electric I use in a given month inside my new home? Again, she kept being smart and refused to change my address information because of my account’s status. From there, I try to pay the bill online and it needs a 9 digit number from the electric bill so I can register the account, and what’s that? I’ve never received my electric bill in the first place to pay it (i.e. we wouldn’t be in this situation in the first place) and now I cannot access my bill online.

So, end of the story short, I finally got another rep, Kevin ext. 4492 who assisted me which I really appreciated after the long and aggravated calls with the two female reps. who were unethical in their profession and lacked morals. Kevin updated my address information while my account was still in its current status, then assisted me in making a payment over the phone to have my service cut back on today. It is hideous to know that Duke Energy does not have set guidelines or clearer company policies for customer service where I was refused by one employee, but then assisted by another. What is even more unsettling is that I had to go through so many ignorant and distasteful individuals before I was finally helped by Kevin, who knew what he was doing and kindly explained everything to me, eliminated the problem, updated the wrong information in their computer systems, and ultimately helped keep whatever little faith I have in Duke’s customer service department.

In general, if Duke wanted to do better in the south as a service provider, make sure that your employees in the service department aren’t worthless, attitude bearing snobs that refuse service to your customers who are the ones paying for your product and keeping you in business.

Duke Energy | Progress Energy P.o. Box 14042 St. Petersburg, Fl 33733

See More Duke Energy Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is Duke Energy a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Duke Energy

Consumer Comments For Duke Energy

• My mom had her service disconnected which I understand if you can’t pay for service you don’t get it..however her power bill has been paid in full for a day and a half now..still no power..she is 70 yrs old I know she isn’t Duke.energy’s only customer..but when she makes arrangements to go home cause she thinks she has power then has to spend the night…and all day today so far..that is BS…its flipping a couple switches hit a few.things down…they don’t even flip the breaker…!!…dam Duke energy is that how.you want ppl to view.your company?….unfortunately ppl need you so get it done better than that…
    and flip the dam breaker at least!!!

• Please post thank you

• In December 2013 I went out of town for 2 weeks and while gone, I lowered my thermostat to 65 degrees- I usually keep it at 70-75 and I unplugged washer/dryer/tv’s lights. Keep in mind, while i’m gone there’s no one there turning on/off lights, running hot water, cooking, doing laundry, running a blow dryer/vacuum. Yet somehow, my usage was higher in December than in November and also higher than Dec 2012 when I DIDN’T UNPLUG ANYTHING OR LEAVE FOR 2 WKS.
    When I called customer service she jsut keeps insisting th reading is accurate. Yet when i ask how can she prove that she says irt’s a digital reading from up to a mile away. WHAT?! Then she’s goies onto make up the excuse that it was cold this winter. IT WAS COLD LAST WEEK, NOT IN DECEMBER. While I was out of town the temperatures were as high as 71 degrees where I live! I’m disgusted and want to know what I can do to fight this ridiculousness! My next move is t file a complaint with the BBB.

• Duke Energy threating to cut off my power if I don’t pay a $250 deductible to have my late mother’s name taken off the account and mine put on. Lady "Shadawn" told me that it was due by end of day or early tomorrow morning before the transfer takes place other wise no power. That is extortion! I have called the Utilities commission (no calls back) I have even called other places no calls back. In the mean time what the heck am I to do. I only draw Disability and I don’t have $250. The woman even gave me a number to Helping Hands Ministry and Urban Ministries. These people are a joke.

• My family has been on the the property here in western north carolina for fifty years. Recently duke took over from progress energy. We have a small two acre tract inside the loop of a state maintained road. Up until now they would come in every five years or so and cut a few small trees and trim branches over the line leaving the understory which served as a privacy barrier. I had a nice little nature trail that I had cleared to enjoy the wildlife with nesting birds and wildflowers. Oh well, a few days ago a crew showed up and clear cut maybe a quarter acre of my property, eliminating our privacy and leaving behind what resembles a tornado debris field. I contacted a gentleman named Roy Smith who came out and essentially said, hey its under the wire and unmaintained. DEAL WITH IT. I am left with a huge mess that I am to clean. Warm fuzzy feeling for Duke ,Thanks for nothing.

• Wow I feel violated… I’m disabled and honestly forget to pay My bill. So You’d think a simple phone call would fix the problem ? Nope a white pickup meter bandito disconects my power. OK so I call pay in full and told some time before midnight. that was at 10 am … I asked why couldnt they just call and remind me , the twit says we’re short of manpower. I said how about You and the meter bandito ..that’s a waste of manpower.. She actually told me it was a federal law. Also meter readers cant knock on the door and ask for payment because they get shot.. This cant be real … well anyway late fees no problem ( I was late) .. now a reconnect fee and no power all day.. They SUCK !

• Duke Energy has also decimated tree cover in the Southside Neighborhood of Greensboro where our neighborhood borders Murrow Boulevard. Again, they removed whole trees and left major tree trunks and debris and removed what was a visual, sound and safety barrier between our homes and a busy Greensboro street. We received no notice and no doorhangers. Residents of Southside are devastated over the disaster left by Duke Energy and support Westerwood in getting redress through the city and Duke Energy.

• TO DUKE ENERGY IN GREENSBORO,NC: THE TREE CUTTING PROCESS THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF WESTERWOOD IS ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS!!!!!!! THE TOTAL DISREGARD BY ASPLUNDH HAS LEFT US WITH LITTLE ASTHETIC VALUE!!!!WHY WAS THERE NO MORE DISCRECTION USED???SOME OF THE TREES CUT WERE NEITHER ON THE RIGHT OF WAY OR OF NO DANGER TO WIRES.WE THE RESIDENTS OF WESTERWOOD ARE EXTREMELY ANGRY!!!!!!!! R.GARY HILL