Duke Energy Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Average Rating: 1.00 of 5
Based On: 3 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Duke Energy

Duke Energy Customer Service

Duke Energy customer service needs some training on how to deal with customer’s problems. I am writing this email in my mother’s name. She is 85 yrs old lady and technology is not part of her life. She was schedule to have her power turn on today. At 12:00pm I called because we had no power. Customer service said we have to be patient and wait our turn.

I called at 3:00pm to ask again when she will have power. Again we needed to be patient.

After 5:00pm my son call about 5 times to find out about connection his last call was at 7:30pm and he explained to customer service that it was dark and they had no power. He was told by customer service to light some candles and be patient. What?

I called at 8:00pm and the first customer service told me we had power since the morning. I told her I had to picked my mother from the apartment because there was no power. She transferred me to Caroline 3616 who told me I needed to call maintenance and have the main power breaker turn on. That infuriated me. I told her why no one could have told us that before the office at the apartment complex was closed.

We call plenty of times.

She said it was not Duke Energy fault and if I wanted to have my 85yr old mother in her apartment I needed to have maintenance to turn on the power. What? Isn’t Duke Energy responsible for turning that breaker on? She kept arguing with me and I asked for a supervisor. She said she was a supervisor. I requested for my phone call to be recorded so I can have proof of this supervisor’s skills in dealing with an upset customer.

I requested someone else and Naomi came on the line.  I explained the situation to her. Me being upset was Duke Energy’s fault because no body took their time to research and find out about the breaker early in the day when we call.

I know this is not the first complaint in regards customer services. I guess that customer service doesn’t care how they treat their customer because Duke Energy is the only power company in Orlando, FL . I hope the CEO will take a look at his company image.

Owner Options

Dispute a Complaint Respond To Complaints

User Thoughts About Duke Energy

8 thoughts on “Duke Energy

1. My mom had her service disconnected which I understand if you can't pay for service you don't get it..however her power bill has been paid in full for a day and a half now..still no power..she is 70 yrs old I know she isn't Duke.energy's only customer..but when she makes arrangements to go home cause she thinks she has power then has to spend the night…and all day today so far..that is BS…its flipping a couple switches hit a few.things down…they don't even flip the breaker…!!…dam Duke energy is that how.you want ppl to view.your company?….unfortunately ppl need you so get it done better than that…
    and flip the dam breaker at least!!!

2. In December 2013 I went out of town for 2 weeks and while gone, I lowered my thermostat to 65 degrees- I usually keep it at 70-75 and I unplugged washer/dryer/tv's lights. Keep in mind, while i'm gone there's no one there turning on/off lights, running hot water, cooking, doing laundry, running a blow dryer/vacuum. Yet somehow, my usage was higher in December than in November and also higher than Dec 2012 when I DIDN'T UNPLUG ANYTHING OR LEAVE FOR 2 WKS.
    When I called customer service she jsut keeps insisting th reading is accurate. Yet when i ask how can she prove that she says irt's a digital reading from up to a mile away. WHAT?! Then she's goies onto make up the excuse that it was cold this winter. IT WAS COLD LAST WEEK, NOT IN DECEMBER. While I was out of town the temperatures were as high as 71 degrees where I live! I'm disgusted and want to know what I can do to fight this ridiculousness! My next move is t file a complaint with the BBB.

3. Duke Energy threating to cut off my power if I don't pay a $250 deductible to have my late mother's name taken off the account and mine put on. Lady "Shadawn" told me that it was due by end of day or early tomorrow morning before the transfer takes place other wise no power. That is extortion! I have called the Utilities commission (no calls back) I have even called other places no calls back. In the mean time what the heck am I to do. I only draw Disability and I don't have $250. The woman even gave me a number to Helping Hands Ministry and Urban Ministries. These people are a joke.

4. My family has been on the the property here in western north carolina for fifty years. Recently duke took over from progress energy. We have a small two acre tract inside the loop of a state maintained road. Up until now they would come in every five years or so and cut a few small trees and trim branches over the line leaving the understory which served as a privacy barrier. I had a nice little nature trail that I had cleared to enjoy the wildlife with nesting birds and wildflowers. Oh well, a few days ago a crew showed up and clear cut maybe a quarter acre of my property, eliminating our privacy and leaving behind what resembles a tornado debris field. I contacted a gentleman named Roy Smith who came out and essentially said, hey its under the wire and unmaintained. DEAL WITH IT. I am left with a huge mess that I am to clean. Warm fuzzy feeling for Duke ,Thanks for nothing.

5. Wow I feel violated… I'm disabled and honestly forget to pay My bill. So You'd think a simple phone call would fix the problem ? Nope a white pickup meter bandito disconects my power. OK so I call pay in full and told some time before midnight. that was at 10 am … I asked why couldnt they just call and remind me , the twit says we're short of manpower. I said how about You and the meter bandito ..that's a waste of manpower.. She actually told me it was a federal law. Also meter readers cant knock on the door and ask for payment because they get shot.. This cant be real … well anyway late fees no problem ( I was late) .. now a reconnect fee and no power all day.. They SUCK !

6. Duke Energy has also decimated tree cover in the Southside Neighborhood of Greensboro where our neighborhood borders Murrow Boulevard. Again, they removed whole trees and left major tree trunks and debris and removed what was a visual, sound and safety barrier between our homes and a busy Greensboro street. We received no notice and no doorhangers. Residents of Southside are devastated over the disaster left by Duke Energy and support Westerwood in getting redress through the city and Duke Energy.

7. TO DUKE ENERGY IN GREENSBORO,NC: THE TREE CUTTING PROCESS THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF WESTERWOOD IS ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS!!!!!!! THE TOTAL DISREGARD BY ASPLUNDH HAS LEFT US WITH LITTLE ASTHETIC VALUE!!!!WHY WAS THERE NO MORE DISCRECTION USED???SOME OF THE TREES CUT WERE NEITHER ON THE RIGHT OF WAY OR OF NO DANGER TO WIRES.WE THE RESIDENTS OF WESTERWOOD ARE EXTREMELY ANGRY!!!!!!!! R.GARY HILL