Duke Energy Reviews

Duke Energy Reports

Most Recent Duke Energy Complaints

Is Duke Energy a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Energy Directory ListingDuke Energy Corporation Listing

Cannot get a refund for something that they did wrong

I was double charged a payment made on-line. Has taken several phone calls to try to get my payment refunded.

My complaint begins September 8th 2016. I made a payment via the website to Duke Energy in the amount of $93.02. At approximately 8:15 in the morning. The payment was made using my debit card which is a Visa card. My payment was processed twice by my bank because it was drafted from Duke Energy two times.

I first contacted Duke Energy on Friday morning September 9th and proceeded to speak to several different people to try to resolve the problem. The first several people I spoke with told me it was not a Duke Energy problem it was my bank. After talking to my bank actually Carolina Postal Credit Union, they made it clear to me that it was a Duke Energy problem.

After about my 4th or 5th phone call to Duke Energy I was finally informed that it was a Duke Energy problem and the lady I spoke with ebony had known it to happen before. It actually was processed twice at the exact same time down to the second for the same exact dollar amount.

After finally getting Duke Energy to admit the problem I was been informed that they could do nothing until it cleared my account and showed as paid. It had already cleared my bank Friday morning and I was waiting for them to confirm that it cleared their records.

By Friday afternoon it has shown that both payments were credited to my account at Duke Energy. I was then informed by Duke Energy that for me to get one of the payments refunded they had to have a bank statement showing that it is cleared my account. And wanted my bank to fax that information to Duke Energy. Which I and my credit union were not comfortable with due to the fact that is my private information. I then had my credit union cpcu email me a copy showing that it cleared my account and I took the time to black out any information the Duke power did not need.

All this has been completed before 5 o’clock on Friday afternoon and I was told that when they had the fax they would refund my money. Saturday and Sunday Duke Energy is closed so nothing happened with the account. This morning Monday September 12th I was informed that I would be refunded the money whenever the billing department would get around to looking at it , this was not been told to me any other time until this morning.

I have finally found out this evening at approximately 10 minutes till 7 that they have issued a credit not for the amount that was taken from my account but for the amount of only what I had in credit. A difference of over $5. Now I have to wait for this to clear Duke Energy and to go to my bank and be cleared before I get my $86 and change back. Which I am hoping will be completed by Wednesday or Thursday. These funds were needed to pay other bills that I have.

I had to contact my internet provider to tell them it would be Friday my p****y before I could make a payment which was due on Monday. I also help my daughter pay for her vehicle insurance which is due on the 13th of each month. I have now had to put her off until Duke Energy energy decides they could return my money. During this entire process I have spoken to approximately 20 different people at Duke Energy get various different stories from these people has made multiple phone calls of approximately 20 in number.

I have been made to feel like basically a thief. I have been told that Duke Energy had to wait to make sure there were sufficient funds in my account. They had it deposited into their account twice and that was done. My bank would pay, an overdraft charge would then be on me. I have tried on numerous occasions to speak with a supervisor I am still waiting for a return call from any supervisor that can do anything for me none of called me.

I am totally disgusted that I cannot get a refund for something that they did wrong.

Duke Energy – 5 Independence Pt #140 Greenville ScC29615

Most Recent Reviews About Duke Energy

Consumer Comments For Duke Energy

• Powermaster

Now wait till your power goes out! Moved from Balsam area and had Duke Power. Never had an outage in 2 years. Moved to Flat Rock area and now under the gun of Duke Energy, totally different ballgame. Power kicks out almost every day!! Call and they say they have no info of power outages in the area. Never send anyone to check. Last night had power go out this time 7 hours!! SEVEN HOURS!!! Recording said, vehicles have been dispatched to check out the problem. My whole neighborhood was out. After seven hous a truck came down the road, threw a switch on the pole and left!!! What a bunch of sorry, lazy bastards. Charge the hell out of everyone, will cut you off if you don’t pay on time, and then will let you sit in darkness and discomfort until they get around to it when they feel like it. They suck bad!!!

• Twyla

I paid my bill as agreed and notice my account was hit twice. At first CSR Quin tells me I have to wait 30 days mean while my account sits in the negative. I ask to speak with a manager and Ty says she is the manager. I explain again that my account was hit twice. They blame me for it and tell me that since there is a remaining balance that there is no way to refund my money. So I’m stuck with no $$$ until next pay period and my account in the negative realloy thoughtless…..

• WhiteTaxedNotRepresented

There are only 2 of us and we have a small house in Florida . During the months when we don’t even use the air , Our power bill was nearly $600. When we called to speak to somebody , they told us all the ways to cut power . They sent somone out to check the meter and said it must be the A.C. … We called our A.C. serviceman … He said our system was working fine and there is no way it would cost this much to cool the house . We paid for an audit and they said there is no way that we could be leaking 600. worth of power … The bottom line is … DUKE IS A THUG and will only be stopped by contacting Senators and Congressmen and demanding that they stop his price gauging … CEO’s are making OBSCENE salaries while Joe PUBLIC is being tyrannized

• Ner Zhani

Worst customer service.

• todd oliver

My mom had her service disconnected which I understand if you can’t pay for service you don’t get it..however her power bill has been paid in full for a day and a half now..still no power..she is 70 yrs old I know she isn’t Duke.energy’s only customer..but when she makes arrangements to go home cause she thinks she has power then has to spend the night…and all day today so far..that is BS…its flipping a couple switches hit a few.things down…they don’t even flip the breaker…!!…dam Duke energy is that how.you want ppl to view.your company?….unfortunately ppl need you so get it done better than that…
    and flip the dam breaker at least!!!

• todd

Please post thank you

• Aimee

In December 2013 I went out of town for 2 weeks and while gone, I lowered my thermostat to 65 degrees- I usually keep it at 70-75 and I unplugged washer/dryer/tv’s lights. Keep in mind, while i’m gone there’s no one there turning on/off lights, running hot water, cooking, doing laundry, running a blow dryer/vacuum. Yet somehow, my usage was higher in December than in November and also higher than Dec 2012 when I DIDN’T UNPLUG ANYTHING OR LEAVE FOR 2 WKS.
    When I called customer service she jsut keeps insisting th reading is accurate. Yet when i ask how can she prove that she says irt’s a digital reading from up to a mile away. WHAT?! Then she’s goies onto make up the excuse that it was cold this winter. IT WAS COLD LAST WEEK, NOT IN DECEMBER. While I was out of town the temperatures were as high as 71 degrees where I live! I’m disgusted and want to know what I can do to fight this ridiculousness! My next move is t file a complaint with the BBB.

• Patricia Williams

Duke Energy threating to cut off my power if I don’t pay a $250 deductible to have my late mother’s name taken off the account and mine put on. Lady "Shadawn" told me that it was due by end of day or early tomorrow morning before the transfer takes place other wise no power. That is extortion! I have called the Utilities commission (no calls back) I have even called other places no calls back. In the mean time what the heck am I to do. I only draw Disability and I don’t have $250. The woman even gave me a number to Helping Hands Ministry and Urban Ministries. These people are a joke.

• David K. Melton

My family has been on the the property here in western north carolina for fifty years. Recently duke took over from progress energy. We have a small two acre tract inside the loop of a state maintained road. Up until now they would come in every five years or so and cut a few small trees and trim branches over the line leaving the understory which served as a privacy barrier. I had a nice little nature trail that I had cleared to enjoy the wildlife with nesting birds and wildflowers. Oh well, a few days ago a crew showed up and clear cut maybe a quarter acre of my property, eliminating our privacy and leaving behind what resembles a tornado debris field. I contacted a gentleman named Roy Smith who came out and essentially said, hey its under the wire and unmaintained. DEAL WITH IT. I am left with a huge mess that I am to clean. Warm fuzzy feeling for Duke ,Thanks for nothing.

• mike miller

Wow I feel violated… I’m disabled and honestly forget to pay My bill. So You’d think a simple phone call would fix the problem ? Nope a white pickup meter bandito disconects my power. OK so I call pay in full and told some time before midnight. that was at 10 am … I asked why couldnt they just call and remind me , the twit says we’re short of manpower. I said how about You and the meter bandito ..that’s a waste of manpower.. She actually told me it was a federal law. Also meter readers cant knock on the door and ask for payment because they get shot.. This cant be real … well anyway late fees no problem ( I was late) .. now a reconnect fee and no power all day.. They SUCK !

• Michelle Ferrier

Duke Energy has also decimated tree cover in the Southside Neighborhood of Greensboro where our neighborhood borders Murrow Boulevard. Again, they removed whole trees and left major tree trunks and debris and removed what was a visual, sound and safety barrier between our homes and a busy Greensboro street. We received no notice and no doorhangers. Residents of Southside are devastated over the disaster left by Duke Energy and support Westerwood in getting redress through the city and Duke Energy.