Duke Energy Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Corp Phone Number: 800-521-2232
Corp Website: duke-energy.com

Duke Energy Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Duke Energy Complaint

Is Duke Energy a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Energy Directory ListingDuke Energy Corporation Listing

Unwilling to listen - how is that Customer Service?

I have not had problems with Duke Energy for about 2 years until my bill nearly tripled out of thin air. All I wanted to do is speak to someone to explain that there is a problem with how the meter info was recorded, and all they could do is blame it on the temperatures (not acknowledging my point of view around the consistency of energy use each month and season).

I have never encountered customer service reps so unwilling to listen who spoke over me consistently and did not let me get a word in. I am most definitely not a complainer by nature, so this should speak volumes.

Bottom line, if nothing in my home environment changes (i.e. addition of any appliances), and if the weather is consistent each month at that particular time of year, if the bill nearly triples, Duke should look into it and listen to the customer!!

Duke Energy – PO Box 70516 Charlotte NC 28272

25 Most Recent Duke Energy Complaints

Consumer Comments For Duke Energy

• Worst customer service.

• My mom had her service disconnected which I understand if you can’t pay for service you don’t get it..however her power bill has been paid in full for a day and a half now..still no power..she is 70 yrs old I know she isn’t Duke.energy’s only customer..but when she makes arrangements to go home cause she thinks she has power then has to spend the night…and all day today so far..that is BS…its flipping a couple switches hit a few.things down…they don’t even flip the breaker…!!…dam Duke energy is that how.you want ppl to view.your company?….unfortunately ppl need you so get it done better than that…
    and flip the dam breaker at least!!!

• Please post thank you

• In December 2013 I went out of town for 2 weeks and while gone, I lowered my thermostat to 65 degrees- I usually keep it at 70-75 and I unplugged washer/dryer/tv’s lights. Keep in mind, while i’m gone there’s no one there turning on/off lights, running hot water, cooking, doing laundry, running a blow dryer/vacuum. Yet somehow, my usage was higher in December than in November and also higher than Dec 2012 when I DIDN’T UNPLUG ANYTHING OR LEAVE FOR 2 WKS.
    When I called customer service she jsut keeps insisting th reading is accurate. Yet when i ask how can she prove that she says irt’s a digital reading from up to a mile away. WHAT?! Then she’s goies onto make up the excuse that it was cold this winter. IT WAS COLD LAST WEEK, NOT IN DECEMBER. While I was out of town the temperatures were as high as 71 degrees where I live! I’m disgusted and want to know what I can do to fight this ridiculousness! My next move is t file a complaint with the BBB.

• Duke Energy threating to cut off my power if I don’t pay a $250 deductible to have my late mother’s name taken off the account and mine put on. Lady "Shadawn" told me that it was due by end of day or early tomorrow morning before the transfer takes place other wise no power. That is extortion! I have called the Utilities commission (no calls back) I have even called other places no calls back. In the mean time what the heck am I to do. I only draw Disability and I don’t have $250. The woman even gave me a number to Helping Hands Ministry and Urban Ministries. These people are a joke.

• My family has been on the the property here in western north carolina for fifty years. Recently duke took over from progress energy. We have a small two acre tract inside the loop of a state maintained road. Up until now they would come in every five years or so and cut a few small trees and trim branches over the line leaving the understory which served as a privacy barrier. I had a nice little nature trail that I had cleared to enjoy the wildlife with nesting birds and wildflowers. Oh well, a few days ago a crew showed up and clear cut maybe a quarter acre of my property, eliminating our privacy and leaving behind what resembles a tornado debris field. I contacted a gentleman named Roy Smith who came out and essentially said, hey its under the wire and unmaintained. DEAL WITH IT. I am left with a huge mess that I am to clean. Warm fuzzy feeling for Duke ,Thanks for nothing.

• Wow I feel violated… I’m disabled and honestly forget to pay My bill. So You’d think a simple phone call would fix the problem ? Nope a white pickup meter bandito disconects my power. OK so I call pay in full and told some time before midnight. that was at 10 am … I asked why couldnt they just call and remind me , the twit says we’re short of manpower. I said how about You and the meter bandito ..that’s a waste of manpower.. She actually told me it was a federal law. Also meter readers cant knock on the door and ask for payment because they get shot.. This cant be real … well anyway late fees no problem ( I was late) .. now a reconnect fee and no power all day.. They SUCK !

• Duke Energy has also decimated tree cover in the Southside Neighborhood of Greensboro where our neighborhood borders Murrow Boulevard. Again, they removed whole trees and left major tree trunks and debris and removed what was a visual, sound and safety barrier between our homes and a busy Greensboro street. We received no notice and no doorhangers. Residents of Southside are devastated over the disaster left by Duke Energy and support Westerwood in getting redress through the city and Duke Energy.

• TO DUKE ENERGY IN GREENSBORO,NC: THE TREE CUTTING PROCESS THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF WESTERWOOD IS ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS!!!!!!! THE TOTAL DISREGARD BY ASPLUNDH HAS LEFT US WITH LITTLE ASTHETIC VALUE!!!!WHY WAS THERE NO MORE DISCRECTION USED???SOME OF THE TREES CUT WERE NEITHER ON THE RIGHT OF WAY OR OF NO DANGER TO WIRES.WE THE RESIDENTS OF WESTERWOOD ARE EXTREMELY ANGRY!!!!!!!! R.GARY HILL