Side Socket Reviews

Side Socket Ratings

Side Socket Reports

Most Recent Side Socket Complaints

Is Side Socket a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Electronics Directory ListingAPG | Allstar Product Group | Allstar Marketing ListingParent: Allstar Products Group

Fire hazard

Side Socket power outlet almost caught on fire tonight, the thing started to burn n melt
I was asleep, and I smelt something burning. Thought is was my heater, when looking closer I found it was the outlet holder.

Had I not found this or was at work I could of had a fire. I tried to contact the company direct, but I could not find any information for them.

It was purchased at a Home Depot store, and they said there was nothing they could do . So no backup support either.

Don’t buy this DANGEROUS product.

Most Recent Reviews About Side Socket

More About Side Socket

Side Socket - By Allstar Marketing is an electrical outlet expansion solution. It plugs into standard 2 plug wall outlets and "turns 2 outlets into 6", along with making the outlets more accessible with it's outlets on the sides instead of the front - and is capable of swiveling to make for ease of accessibility from different angles.

Related Complaints for Allstar Products Group: Forever Comfy

Submit a Complaint or Comment For Side Socket

28 Comments on "Side Socket"

Last night i watched as my dvr went up in flames and my tv and dvd player cooked right in front of me when there was a power surge. This is not an exaggeration. Being a firefighter i had my back up gear and with the right gloves i threw the burning dvr out the front door. The side socket ss2 did nothing to protect my equipment. In fact…i plugged it into a different outlet this am and it passes current through perfectly…it is not a surge protector. It is nothing but a power strip. If i had been outside… Read more »

SCAM, FRAUD!! Never stated anywhere in ad that the Surge Protector would only work once and after that it would only be a wall socket. Tried to call Customer Service and got a very rude gal when I asked to speak to a supervisor. Left me on hold and never came back. Told if I wanted to return it I would have to pay.. They also advertise a model without protector. Asked for some sort of adjustment and was told no.

NEVER, NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!! Tried to call customer service and a gal named Jessica was very rude. I told her product was never advertised that it would only allow one surge. Paid more because it was advertised as a Protector. . This is a SCAM AND A FRAUD..

horrible – both of mine didn’t really protect – they exploded – no protection there

The ad claims that your appliance will " fit flush against the wall". Immediately I knew not to purchase this item because the appliance can not "fit flush against the wall" because the SideSocket would prevent it from doing so. Fit flush against the SideSocket would be more truthful. Don’t trust anyone ad that lies to you.

I ordered 4 side sockets. 2 worked and 2 did not work. I would not recommend this item to anyone. The whole thing is bogus. I’d rather have my power strips that were working perfectly. This whole thing sounds like a scam. I would certaintly like to have my money back after seeing the advertisement this morning on TV.

I bought one with a surge protector, at a store. After opening it up, one learns the surge protector is not like a circuit breaker that can be reset. Will still work as a power strip, but one good surge burns up the protection. And then the label says it can’t be installed properly without 30 feet or more of electrical wiring between it and the electrical service panel. That limits its usage in my small house. No disclosure of this information on the packaging box.

Purchased the side socket with the surge protector, on plugging into the wall socket the surge light came on indicating a problem and the light would not go out. i had given one to my daughter and she had the same problem I would think the red light would come on if after it was plugged in and indicating a normal circuit . Would not recommend it.

i

Read your instructions that came with it. The lights indicate the surge and the ground are working properly. You want the lights to be on.

so thankful for the comments!!! Almost ordered one but didn’t get phone # so went online instead. So glad I looked at comments first! If I would get into the habit of checking comments first, I would save a lot of headaches as well as money. Thanks everyone!

I got mine at a local store. There is nothing on the box stating that if the surge protector is tripped, it will no longer protect against electrical surges, so it’s nothing more than a power strip. You don’t find that out until you read the directions inside the box. False advertising!

Side "sucker" That’s what this is just like that water hose.

I purchased a side socket with surge protector at Bed Bath and Beyond. I could not tell by the packaging, but the upper set of prongs is made of plastic and one side of the unit does not swivel to the side at all. I suppose thiis the design on the units with surge protectors built in. Needless to say, one side of the plastic prong broke off as I was pluging it into the wall receptacle. It’s flimsy and a waste of money. I will be returning mine to Bed Bath and Beyond and getting a refund.

Why hasn’t anyone done something about this "RIP-OFF" before this
Public Service Commission is the ones to contact………………..DO IT !

People when they advertise the buy one you get the second one free, example would be the socket for 10 dollars but you will get the second one for additional charge, really you are going to get 2 packages on your front step each charge is seperated so the 10 dollars plus the other one really your paying close to 50 dollars because they want to be able to cover the costs if any product is to be exchanged by mail

I also ordered as John above did. On my receipt/order "confirmation" was additional processing charge of
$63.60. I never authorized this, because, I never seen this amount on any total order amount at order confirmation. It just showed up on online order and email order confirmation from Side Socket.
SideSocket has no live customer complaint department no can you email a complaint. If anyone has had success in cancelling an order and getting a refund let me know.
I am complaining to NY State Consumer Complaints/Protection.

Call your credit card company and inform them about the situation. They will do a reverse charge on it so you get your money back. It will also look bad for that company.

I don’t like the fact that they purposely don’t show you your total until AFTER it is final. THAT is shady

So glad I read the reviews before I ordered off of the television.

I totally agree! I just saw the ad today & was about to pick up the phone & place an order. THANKFULLY I decided to go online & check it out first. From now on I will ALWAYS investigate before buying anything else!!

I ordered the Sidesocket and got bill for four at the tone of $88.50. I quickly called customer service and they told me to call back in the morning, since their offices were closed. I called the next morning and to my surprise, they cancel the order,

Thanks for your reviews. I don’t usually take time to add pros and cons on a product. But because of these reviews, I will make sure that I do it in the future. Mm

Almost ordered this by phone, but decided to check the Internet for reviews. So very glad I did. I will buy locally as suggested by others. Thanks so very much for the information.

Placed an order for side socket, didn’t read the fine print in the brief TV add, surge protection is extra. Well regardless of the fact, tired to canel the order, but once you enter your information, order will ship rgardless. Walmart has "the" identical one, made by RCA, for only $12.97, and no shipping and no hassel!

Thanks – saved me a lot of money –

thank you…I almost ordered them today!

instead of ordering them on line, you can go to a store called AS SEEN ON TV OR TRY WALGREENS, RITE AID, CVS.

I just Ordered the SideSocket and as stated 2nd Free, I got a statement fo 91.80 with shipping of 7.95 each and $10 the bill should have been 25.90. It is Sunday no way to contact them, no way to stop order. I will be stopping this payment first thing Monday. My Suggestion folks stay away from this product and check all TV orders first as I usually do but broke my own rule and got charged for it.