Sears Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Consumer Ratings Data

Average Rating: 1.28 of 5
Based On: 79 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Sears

Lost wages exceed cost of new appliance!

I bought a Kitchenaid fridge from Sears in the Sears Eaton Centre store in Toronto. I paid $1700 for the fridge and decided to upgrade with water dispenser and ice maker. 18 months after the fridge was delivered, both the ice maker and the water dispenser stopped working. I called Sears Customer Service because I had also purchased the extended warranty for an additional $300.

A Service Technician was promptly dispatched and I was advised I would have to block the full day and would be advised the evening prior concerning a 4-hour block of time to expect the technician. I make over $500/day but i wanted this fixed. Naturally, my employer is not interested in providing paid time to get an appliance fixed – so that meant taking a vacation day. Loss of $500.

Technician couldn’t fix the fridge and said he needed to replace valves that would have to be ordered. Turns out, they had to be back ordered so there was a delay. Finally, got word and blocked another day – only to be told the night prior that the technician was sick and could not attend. Annoying, but I didn’t lose a day’s work then. Rebooked and a different technician eventually came – but once again, I had to book a vacation day. I was now at $1000 lost wages. This technician disagreed with the first one and did not replace the valves. Thought he had fixed the problems and left the valves with me.

The next morning, I discovered my freezer drawer was frozen in place and I couldn’t open it. I realized immediately that something was very wrong. I called the Service Department and was told they could send out a technician that day on an “emergency” basis but I needed to be home all day. Water was leaking from under the fridge and I was concerned about tenants below me – so although I had a legal hearing to attend, I had to quickly arrange a substitute to go in my place and I took the day off. Up to $1500.00 lost pay and quickly approaching the cost of a new fridge – beginning to become extremely annoyed.

The same technician showed up and apologized for not connecting the water line correctly to the ice maker. Water had sprayed inside the freezer and had frozen. He did his thing and assured me everything would work. Surprise, surprise. The ice maker made one tray of ice and that was it. So another call to the Customer Service and another date booked. I was very specific in advising that I would not be available in the morning of the date selected as I had a conference call with business associates in Hong Kong. The night before the call was slated, I received the automated call from Sears and sure enough, they had booked the technician for a morning visit – in complete disregard to my personal commitments.

I called Customer Service to register my concern and was told the technician was scheduled to hit my place first – an 8 am call so I thought that might work. I could leave him in my place if necessary and get to the office in time from my 9:30 am call to Hong Kong. I rushed home after the call and waited until 12:15 – 15 minutes beyond the specified time given by Sears. I called Customer Service again and was told the technician would be at my place within 90 minutes. So they were telling me it would be an afternoon service call after all.

This makes another lost day’s wages – we are now up to $2000. I have lost more money waiting for a technician than it would have been to simply buy a new fridge – but that is ridiculous isn’t it? After all, this fridge is not 18 months old and I am a single person so it is not exactly subjected to unusually heavy use. And so I wait – wondering whether the next technician is going to arrive or not. Will he disagree with everybody else to date and are we starting over. Will this fridge be fixed or not. I think it is absolutely unreasonable to think I’ll lose another day’s wages to be present for any more of their calls – that would put me up to $2500 and at that price, I probably would be close to replacing the fridge and the stove.

Totally unacceptable how a store doesn’t stand by it’s products or it’s service contracts. Unacceptable that they expect you to lose your own income to meet their supposed service demands. I am the customer. It is small wonder that Sears had to close the Eaton Centre store. With a non-existent service attitude, I suspect their customer base simply declined to the point where they could no longer afford the taxes or the utilities of a downtown store. How long will it be before they become a non-existent memory on the Canadian retail landscape?

Sears Canada Yonge and Dundas Store – 290 Yonge St Toronto, ON M5B 1C8 Canada

Sears Reviews and Complaints

User Thoughts About Sears

18 thoughts on “Sears

1. These comments are right on target. I ordered a washer and dryer, which online said it was in stock and would ship to me in 3 days. We then sold our washer/dryer after purchasing the washer/dryer from sears. each day the washer/dryer was supposed to be delivered, I was getting a call to cancel – saying "it did not come in today but will DEFINITELY be here tomorrow.". Well, tomorrow came then the next day, so on and so on. Here we are 2.5 weeks later with no washer and dryer but I have paid for it. Customer service is in India and they can't understand me and I can't understand them when I try to call to discuss/go off on them. I will never use Sears again and would suggest to others not to use them. I do think they are going under and hate to say they deserve it d/t poor customer service, not delivering products as promised, etc. I am really worried I will never get my $3000 set even though I have already paid for it. What happened to the Sears I used to know and love????

2. I went to Sears store in O’Fallon Mo on hgw. K on Sat. 3-1-14, to purchase a dishwasher. We purchased the dishwasher from the store Mgr. named Jeff. As he rang the purchase up that included installation he made a mistake and rang up taxes. He recognized this was wrong and rung up the purchase without taxes. I assumed that he deleted/voided the first ring. When I got home my account was charged double ($1538.04), we called back immediately, to speak with Jeff. He stated that there is nothing he could do that this is Sears’s policy? Is this really Sears policy or just a bad mgr. ? I went back to the store to discuss, he then at this time gave me the first voided receipt from the first mistake he made, he said he forgot to give to us. Meantime I’m still charged in my account double. I ended up cancelling both orders after this and he gave me paper receipts and I also requested email receipt’s. I got home checked my account and still charged double nothing has been corrected yet, also I did not receive any email receipts. I called back to speak to him and have him send the email receipt’s as requested he refused to help and said he could not do this?
    This is possibly the worst I have been treated anywhere. Is this really Sears’s policy or just a bad store Mgr.? Through the years Sears has always been the store to count on for customer services. In the future with the competition I really do not know how Sears will make it with Mgrs./employees and store policy like this. If this is not consumer fraud, scam, or just stealing I don’t what is. I’m sure that one of the television station would love to run a story on this consumer scam you have going.
    Please let me know that this is not the future of Sears.

3. The worst company I have ever dealt with…. EVER!
    My dryer stopped working, and I called sears to buy a new one. I provided a serial #, and said I need to replace this item.
    They told me exactly what I needed. Next day a dryer shows up that is the wrong item… not even close.

I call customer service, and they place me on hold for 1 hour. I hung up and called back asking for a Manager. After ANOTHER one hour, I asked if she can call me back when she figures it out. I never get a call. I call back 2 hours later, and I am told, it is not our fault your tenants refused the order!!!!!! I did not refuse any order, nor do I have tenants living with me. All I need is my dryer replaced.
    We are going on 6 hours, and I still have no answer or call. Last thing I was told was, you do not need a cable or an elbow arm?!?!?! …. HUH! What… Maybe if you spoke English, we could resolve this simple problem. This is a joke…oh, they still have my money. MY DRYER BROKE!!! HERE IS THE SERIAL #… I NEED TO REPLACE IT!!! That is not hard!!!!!! Shockingly bad service.

4. sears customer service is terrible and rude. They cannot be understood because of thier hevy foreign accents. I tried dealing with them and got hung uo on for asking to speak to another person and then again placed on hold for almost an hour before they disconnected me. NEVER USE SEARS SERVICE, NEVER BUT A SEARS PRODUCT AND NEVER DEAL WITH A COMPANY ASSOCIATED WITH SEARS. I can see why they are going under…..they suck plain as simple…..

5. SEARS CHARGED US 2700. DOLLARS FOR CONTACTOR INSTALLION OF THE FURNACE CONTACTOR SAID HE GOT LESS THAN 1200.DOLLARS 1500.DOLLARS DEFERANCE 300.DOLLARS REBATE DIDNOT GET. AND REBATE FOR THEMOSTAT . SO WHY DO COMPANY LIKE THIS GET AWAY WITH TAKING FROM THE WORKING CLASS PEOPLE THE LOW INCOME .PEOPLE ON FIXED INCOME.IAM RETIRED ON A FIXED INCOME AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH COMPANIES LIKE SEAR.

6. I BOUGHT A FURNACE FROM SEARS THEY CHARGED US OVER 5500. DOLLARS .THERE WAS SURPOSE TO BE A REBATE WE DIDNOT GET THE REBATE. WHEN I CALLED TO SEE WHY WE DIDNOT GET REBATE.I WAS TOLD THE PRICE WAS HIGHER THEN WHAT WE WERE TOLD AT COTACT SIGNING. THEN THEY TOLD US THE CONTACTOR GOT 2700. DOLLARS FOR INSTLLING JUST A FURNACE NOTHING ELSE.NEW THEMOSTATE SURPOSE TO GET REBATE ON IT .NO RECIET SO NO REBATE. SEARS RIPED US OFF FOR ABOUT 2000.DOLLARS .SO IAM TELLING EVERYONE DONOT DEAL WITH SEARS .THEY WILL PUT THE SHAFT TO YOU!!!!

7. Never, ever by a mattress from Sears. Their warranty is worthless! You will not be allowed to take advantage of any sales on an exchange. You will only be allowed what you paid on the full purchase price of another one. Meaning you will be allowed be given nothing.

8. I made a large $1200.00 purchase on Nov29 while visiting out of state and sales agent said it could be picked up at my local store.
    I got a call on Monday my order was in and I arrived Wednesday at 9:30 am to pick up and was told it already was. What the Hell, I said. I got the receipt right here, I said look up you camera and see who got it. Replied back that's too much trouble!
    Well, I 'am not leaving with out a $1200.00 tool box!!! Sears get you s**t together, why are your stock holder losing money! Is this a inside job? The store is in Marion, Illinois! I will talk to any Sears Company person and prove my situation! Sears don't let us down!

9. I am letting anyone know who is interested in a appliance from Sears – do a Print Screen of any sale at the beginning of order if you want to get the sale price! I was trying to order a range for the sale price offered of $719.99 – after I looked up the matching microwave I wanted and went to check out the price of the range jumped to $899.99. When I called customer service I was told they could not give me the lower price unless I had a print screen of the lower price. I didn't think I needed one, but will in the future.

10. Sears customer service is s**t! The freezer half of my less than 2 year old
    kenmore elite refrigerator is not working, everything in it is defrosting and
    the earliest EMERGENCY service call I can get is NEXT MONDAY – one week!!! I
    spoke with 4 of their customer service reps and the store manager at the Sears
    where I purchased the refrigerator all to no avail. There will NEVER be another
    interaction with SEARS. I also am going to let my lousy service experience and
    their sub par merchandise be known on any and all social media sites.

11. do not buy a kenmore slide in, model 790.41029801, black, purchase on 2-23-10, we have not been able to bake in the oven alsway get a arrow f95,all wireing has been replace, with 5 house call to correct the problems,

12. Pathetic service for order 442397134…I have been waiting on a car seat that was to be delivered to the store since December 13, 2013. No one on line or at the local store in Fairbanks AK has been able to help resolve this matter. It's no wonder the company is **** near bankrupt, it's run by idiots!

13. My Sears Card had an expiration month/year of 08/15 – Yet Sears cancelled the card in Nov 2012 because of no activity for charging since 2008 – time slipped by – I have shopped at Sears and paid cash for items. I have had the account since 1970 and should of been advised before the expiration of the consequences. I called Sear to no avail, they would not re-instate the account – said I had to re-apply – They have all my Info on file to include SSAN, they could verify Info via phone without the hassle on re-applying for an account.

• In the card agreement it states the bank can close the account anytime they choose to. If the account is closed due to inactivity the bank is not required to notify you because this type of closing doesn't impact your credit card.

14. Therе іs actually always the solution of ѕummoning a providеr like Geеk

Ѕquad, through Best Buy, іf you have

the supрlemental $ 350 in oгder to repaiг уour homе computer.

Ρermit’s likewise say listed here their idea of computer system repair work is actually not precisely what you want at all, unless you are searching for someone to pertain to your residence with the plan of promoting you software program you really don’t want,

aѕ an alternatіve оf restoring your computеr.

Down the гoad I will gratify all of you going thrоugh, my going thгough with this company,

as well as exactly how іt dеliverеd amusеment

into my planet

15. This charge is a Sears/Citi Card charge account

Charges were charged for an agreement pertaining to a Timeshare Sale/advertisement of which was declared non responsive and I cancelled as soon as I discovered the Business was closed and being investigted by the Consumber Affairs as no longer in business and I reported to the Attoney General and was declared as an investigation in prcocess to put the Owners of these companies in jail, I notified the 3 Credit Bureaus after Sears would not credit m y account and then Sears would send another bill with the charges and this went on for months until I notified the Consumer afairs and also the Credit Bueaus which has an alert now on my file and it is

as to what happened and it is listed on my Credit Report as a investigation of Fraudulant charges as I did not sign a contract and I notified Sears CredtCard but no credit has been applied to my Account and they call me to ask me for a payment , I did not get the service I was promised for several charges amounting to over $4,000.00 and I am now receiving bills with high interest and late charges making the total even higher They would take the charges off and when I closed my account Sears would again put the charges on and this has been going on for a year and that is when I turned in over to the Consumer Affairs and Credit Bureau ,and the Atorney Generals Office as I did not receive any help in removing the charges.

Thank you for your help!!!.