Macys Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Corp Website: macys.com

Macys Ratings and Reports

Latest Macys Complaint

Expedited Shipping Is A Joke - Do Not Buy It

I placed my ordered on 6/10/14 with a Macy Representative – promising me that I will receive my order on 6/13/14 with the Expedited Shipping. I asked her twice before I gave my card #, Are you sure I will get my order by 6/13/14? She said yes with our Expedited Shipping it’ll only take 1-2 business days. Ok – placed my order, I went to check the tracking status on 6/11 and it shows that my package will be delivered on 6/16/14.

I called customer service, spoke with a rude person who kept placing me on HOLD. I finally emailed customer service and this is what they told me – “I’m so sorry for the delay in the delivery of your package. I’ve contacted the carrier to verify the tracking information.

Unfortunately, the Carrier representative advised that your package is scheduled to be delivered on June 16, 2014. However they are able to deliver it on 6/13/14 before noon. – WOW- As I am typing this I got a call from the courier and stated MACY’s never opened a case regarding my package and no one ever contacted them from Macy.

This is my 4th time contacting Macy by phone. I emailed them twice to see what they can do? Promise is a Promise now live up to it and get my package to me on the promising date delivery. I am sad and irritated by this.

I will never ever again, ordered anything from them nor shop at their store. As I am concluding my complaint I am on HOLD for almost half an hour with the customer service, now she is back and wants me to hold again for another few minutes and guess what? She hung up on me. How rude! They didn’t help me in anyway.

~Irritated & Pissed off customer from CA

See More Macys Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is Macys a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Macys

Consumer Comments For Macys

• OMG!!!! I just discovered bedbugs on my new box spring i just purchased a year ago..there were no bugs on the mattress but the box spring is infested..i am so dissapointed right about now. I have not slept all night had to put my sheets and covers in the washer at 3 in the morning, have not been able to sleep. My house is brand new and im afraid im going to have it infested with these bed bugs. But take it from me i will sue Macy’s for the damages, report them to consumers affairs and Blast them in the local news if they dont take care of this situation…Im afraid to sleep in my room, just the though of these termites in my house is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!..
    i WANT MY MONEY BACK OR THEY BETTER REPLACE MY BED…i just discovered bugs on the mattress also…I CAN’T!!!!

• Was shopping a Macy’s today and when I went to use my Macy’s charge card I was told I needed to reapply because I had not used it in 2 years….my card expiration date is Sept. 2014. I am shocked that I could not shop anytime I wanted to up to the expiration date. I am done with Macy’s and I will not reapply as I will no longer be shopping at Macy’s.

• My wife was shopping at Macy’s and tried to use her credit card. She was told it had been cancelled since it hadn’t been used in 2 years, "would you like to open a new one". She said yes and the clerk submitted the info. 2 days latter we got a from Macy’s saying they thought someone had tried to use her info to open a fraudulent account. We gave them the information they needed and was told it was all set. 2 weeks latter we got a letter stating the card was turned down due to "inability to verify info". We have lived in the same house for 30 years and have a credit score over 780. When I called to ask what they couldn’t verify they refused to explain. After several call we finally got a woman who cleared up everything and said the card would be mailed out. This was 3 months ago and still nothing and no one will give us any idea if what went on. We will never shop there again.

• Welcome to the new Macys!

Anyone fooled by this shark of a company should be embarrassed, they have let go of all the good people who stood by them for years, only to increase the fat pockets of a ceo who could give a crap less .

Enjoy the market for now , it wont last …. just walk into any macys and see for yourself , might as well shop at kmart imo.

• Have to say I disagree. Still heads and tails above Kmart and most large retailers for that matter. One of the few retailers with a positive future. As far as “it won’t last” goes…what does? Macy’s has been around for 150 years. You don’t achieve that being crap. Where are Gimbals? Orbachs? A&S? Filenes? Caldwells? They went the way of the Dodo while Macy’s has thrived. They must be doing something right.

• I went to exchange several suits I received for Christmas and when I went in the store I had to search to find someone and then I was sent to a specific register to have help but only to find the cashier was busy having a great time with a couple and just pointed me to the wrong section and laughed when I went there. The customer was looking at me laughing. I guess they thought I was "beneath" them with my gym suit on. When I did not find the suits I went back for a refund and was denied by her after being in line for at least 15 minutes. I was told my husband had to come in and bring merchandise back for a refund on his debit card. I was planning to start back shopping at Macy’s but not now. They were rude and not helpful.

• Was told by a employee at Marcy’s in Fairmont, TX, when looked at me, to shop at Wal-Mart or Target. All I wanted was a blue coat that was on sale.

• xtreme emotional hardship as I have to re-pay the health insurance provider and have been unable to do so due to the lack of a salary. As a result, I now have a collection and lien against me. It has been very difficult financially these past months as this set back has triggered my other financial obligations such as continued delinquencies on child support payments, late/delayed mortgage payments resulting in pre foreclosure of my home. The very possibility of facing the loss of my home has added to the mental anguish of now being homeless and trying to focus and sustain attendance with a new career while dealing with the physical ailments of this unforeseen injury sustained at the

• About MACY’S Customer Service:

Without any doubt,
    MACY’S has the worst customer service. I received a notification about a fraudulent activity on my MACY’S account which was reported to my credit bureau, degrading my score credit unbelievably low for an amount less than $50. I called the fraud department and let them know that the transaction does not belong to me. They told me to fill out a form and include my driver’s license copy to investigate the process. After that, my account that was set to auto-payment, automatically paid the invalid transaction. I called the fraud department again, and they said that they need me to fax the fraud report form this time to them, and I did. Following that, when I contacted the customer service to make sure they received my fax, they said why I paid the amount if that was a fraud! I told them there is a glitch in your auto-payment system which should not pay the fraud-reported transactions from the customer’s bank account. But the operator kept insisting on his unreasonable statement. This is the worst credit card company I have ever tried! They don’t even listen to what the customers explain to them! I wish I never opened an account with MACY’S in the first place!!! I am extremely disappointed at their lack of flexibility which will prevent my shopping at Macy’s in the future although Macy’s may have the products I need.

• I have not been in Macy’s for a long time and tonight my husband and I stopped by the Macon Mall in Macon GA to look for me a blouse at Macy’s. When I gave my Macy’s American Express Credit Card to the lady, she had to call someone to check it out and then they told me that because I had not used my card in a long time, I would have to go the office and reactivate it. It has on my card that it does not expire until September 2013. I told the lady that I would not be reactivating my card because I did not need a Macy’s Card. I have a Visa so I will continue to use it if I ever shop in Macy’s again. It made me look back to the other customers standing in line to pay and I had done nothing wrong. I have an excellent credit rating and I am very disappointed in the way I was treated tonight at Macy’s. Will be calling them the first thing in the morning to complain to customer service.

• Stay far away!!!! Macys sold me a damage Beautyrest Black mattress and then tried to lie about it. The have dumb people who work in their warehouses in NJ and cannot read. DO NOT BUY MATTRESS FROM MACY BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN SITTING IN THE WAREHOUSE AND THEY ARE USED!!!!

• I have been a good customer, and have used the Macy’s credit card and never been late nor missed paying off all the debt on time. I missed this payment because mail was mixed in with a neighbor’s delivery and I received it late. I called in and spoke to Clayton in India and he refused any leeway for the late fee which was more than one fourth of what was owed. I went immediately to Macy’s in Newington,, New Hampshire and paid the bill and had the card destroyed by Luis from Ecuador.

I have cancelled that card and will NOT shop with this company again.

• I would warn everyone who comes across this comment to stay away from Macy’s!! I worked here for almost 5 years of my life! And I gave it everything I had, however when I became pregnant last year it seemed that my manager and co workers were trying to make my job harder than what it really was. I was denied FMLA because I supposedly didn’t work 1250hrs or more during the previous year, however I made a little over $13000 last year you do the math $13100/$9.20 = 1,423hrs so somewhere someone is lying and it isn’t me. Furthermore, last week I was let go from Macys do to a few absences and tardies that were out of my control I had worked up until 8 months of my pregnancy and all of a sudden the pcm in my car goes out making it impossible to get to work . I explained this to my manager to prevent having points deducted as he stated that he would excuse any absence if we would let him know ahead of time and I did!! I knew something fishy was going on because a week before my termination I was unable to badge myself in the mornings meaning I had to wait outside until someone walked by to let me in I was also unable to clock in. There was a lot of shadiness going on prior to this, such as my manager changing my schedule during the middle of the week without any communication of the change. It’s almost as if he wanted me to lose my points. I was only three weeks away from my maternity leave (which didn’t look like it was getting approved based on my hours) and one week away from my vacation. Macys is not a place that I would ever think about shopping or working at again!! They are greedy and do not care about their employees!

• Macy’s company very abusing employees, please do not buy anything from them, the worse stores in America.
    Especially the store manager from Westminster, her names Maria , she was unprofessional and no educated…..

• I agree with you, you have to specific the store Westminster California, she made me so disappointed when i shopped their in the month of November, she danced on the floor like she is in the club……..

• been working for Macys for almost 3 years and no raise yet. The only way one is given a raise is if you meet your daily goal everyday and get two plus credits everyday. I guess helping the customer find for 2 hours for a wedding, or helping a customer reslove a problem doesn’t mean much anymore these days. Oh well.

• I have been trying to contact Macys by email but have not been able to get thru.
    I simply want to find out the procedure to return a timer/kitchen gadget that i just purchased in Prairie Village,Ks
    while visiting my daughter, I’m now home in Wisconsin and find it is faulty/ does not work. I paid $12.95 for the
    MarthaStewart timer. Refund/credit/replacement? G.Molon, 504 Ruder St. Wausau,WI 54403
    Thank You.

• MACY’S RECIPES FOR HIRING PEOPLE AND ABUSING THEM
    Macy’s managers are well paid to abuse Macy’s workers and employees
    Macy’s managers enjoy the good life, driven very expensive cars, getting high as much as they want to and promotes violation of labor laws for Macy’s benefits with the advised of some lawyers working on the Labor Laws ethical borderline
    Very well paid Macy’s managers abusing a lot of employees justifies their very high salary, because they are saving a lot of money to maintain a large number of employees paid at the minimum wage and making a lot of profits on its sales as well on the low wages paid to employees.
    No employee hourly increases, in other words nobody gets a dime, never, even after working many years for Macy’s and having an excellent performance on the job
    Macy’s profits came from a combination of paying low wages to employees and very high mark ups of cheap merchandise bought from Asia
    Violations of labor laws is the norm at Macy’s and well and cheating and deceiving.
    Macy’s is having Lawsuits for paying less hours that the hours worked by the employee. Not one case, but on many cases on employees working in the USA
    Also taking more deductions than the law allows on employees paychecks
    HOW YOU CALL A COMPANY DOING CHEATING AND DECEIVING AND BREAKING THE LAWS?
    “I know the name you have in mind, but unfortunately you can not say it here, because it is a bad word and some people may feel offended by that”
    The best you can do is not shopping at Macy’s
    Show Macy’s smart **** managers getting high all the time, who is the boss!
    Macy’s without customers, won’t go anywhere and Macy’s managers will not get the money to buy the drugs to get high and doing illegal things on employees
    But obviously, Macy’s managers are receiving orders from the CEO or others very important people at Macy’s to act illegally
    MACY’S, WHEN A DOG STILL AT LARGE!

• ABOUT MACY’S
    Without any doubt in my mind, Macy’s is the worst company to work for
    I keep thinking; how all these terrible things happen in America and especially at Macy’s
    having a self made label of "MAGIC", when actually there is lot of corruption inside?
    The American people is the one to pay the price for its corruption and wrong doing, not just only on our good name as American but on also our reputation as well
    WHERE IS THE JUSTICE TO PUT A FINAL STOP ON MACY’S?
    IS AMERICA THE OLD FAR WEST, WHERE GUNS WAS THE LAW?
    Well, Macy’s won’t need to use any gun at all; Macy’s is doing as much damage to people without using any gun at all
    The Magic of Macy’s!

• ABOUT MACY’S
    Without any doubt in my mind, Macy’s is the worst company to work for
    WHERE IS THE JUSTICE TO PUT A FINAL STOP ON MACY’S?
    IS AMERICA THE OLD FAR WEST, WHERE GUNS WAS THE LAW?
    The Magic of Macy’s!

• 1-13-2013
    MACY’S THE BIGGEST CROOK AVAILABLE, DAMAGED MY WIFE LIFE FOREVER
    DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT MACY’S
    Macy’s Department Store is the most abusive company you can work for.
    25 years of unpaid overtime $477,906.
    (interests was not calculated yet on the above and below amount)

20 MONTHS (62 weeks) OF UNPAID MONEY TO REPLACED MANAGER AT MACY’S CULVER CITY, CA TOTAL $ 9,920.

$ 8,000,000 dollars is my claim for catastrophic injuries by negligence and violation of my wife rights while working at Macy’s. Thanks to Macy’s; my wife is a living wreck for the rest of her life
    MACY’S forced my wife to resign for her disability by Undue Influence
    Macy’s located at Westfield Mall, 14000 Riverside Drive, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423 – 818-788-8350
    My name is Al Henry, a disabled person and thanks to Macy’s my wife is a living wreck for the rest of her life. My wife is in a wheel chair and unable to do anything at all
    Requires my personal care 24 hours around the clock
    My wife worked 25 years at Macy’s
    JUSTICE IS NOT DONE YET!

• I think Macy’s is a barbarian, corrupt company having in mind destruction and wrongdoing
    Macy’s must pay the price for doing all these barbarian stuff to employees
    Obviously, the powerful control the people and getting away with whatever
    Can anybody at the government put a stop on this?