Macys Complaints & Reviews

Macys Reports

Most Recent Macys Complaints

Is Macys a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Department Stores Directory ListingMacy's Inc Listing

Horribly rude employee at East Brunswick Store!

Gladys, an elder lady working in the Juniors department of the Macy’s in East Brunswick mall at about 7:30 PM on June 8th, 2016 was absolutely HORRIBLE to my daughter and I. My daughter left a pair of shorts in the dressing room as she left to find another size, and was on her way back in.

Gladys huffed and puffed past her in annoyance that she had to hang the shorts up again, and grumbled under her breath the whole time. Since she was the only employee around she had to ring up our purchase, rolling her eyes at me as I pulled up a coupon on my phone, clearly giving us the impression that she had much better things to do than attend to a customer. Not to mention, it didn’t take more than 30 seconds for me to find the coupon and no one was waiting behind us.

The whole transaction she was huffing and puffing and rolling her eyes at us, but my daughter and I know better than to play into that drama so we stayed polite the whole time.

I am appalled that Macy’s could even hire such a despicable woman with such a horrible attitude and no customer service skills. My daughter was so upset at Gladys’ rudeness and kept asking me if it was because we did something wrong.

I’ve been a loyal Macy’s customer and even have had a Macy’s credit card for over 15 years. I will NO LONGER BE SHOPPING at the Macy’s in East Brunswick mall due to the horrible customer service Gladys displayed!

Macy’s – 755 Route 18 East Brunswick New Jersey 08816 | 732-238-1400

Most Recent Macys Reviews

Consumer Comments For Macys

• Vee Black

July 2016, I received an email from Macys’ telling me the balance on my Macy’s account. I found that ODD considering that I had not used my card since March 2016. I looked up my Macy’s account to see what the hell was purchased for $2,025.64. First of all, I noticed the shipping address had been changed from my address to an address that I did not recognize. The charges were not listed because this was an online purchase. Keep in mind, my Macy’s credit card was in my drawer in a safe place.
    When I arrived to work, I could not wait for 9 am to come so I could call Customer Service. Customer Service took my information and asked me questions, like how did I find out about it? and when was the last time I used my Macy’s card? She gave me a Case number and told me to go to Macys.com and fill out the fraud claim form and send Identification and send to the fraud investigation department.. She said it can take as long as 90 days for the account to be investigated and cleared. I went and filed a police report and called the (3) credit bureaus also.

• TESS

I called to inquire about charges of $4.00 on my account that Macys is charging me for interest after paying my balance off on due date and customer reps in the Phillipines wanted me to pay using a cust. rep. I called several times to pay via automation service and kept being kicked back to a rep and they kept telling to call back, then they switch the story telling that I could not pay via automation which I felt was bs on their part. As a result I will cancel my account and never shop in any Macys again. Very dissappointed and disgusted with Macys. Giving them a very LOW RATING.

• Vee Black

This happened to me also. They charged me $2.00 for the same thing.
      I will be closing this account. For another reason also. They allowed fraud to be charged to my account with an on line purchase and Macy’s did not notify me until it was time for them to receive payment on purchases that I HAD NOT made.

• Did not have a good experience here and will not be going back anytime soon!

• MADNESS

OMG!!!! I just discovered bedbugs on my new box spring i just purchased a year ago..there were no bugs on the mattress but the box spring is infested..i am so dissapointed right about now. I have not slept all night had to put my sheets and covers in the washer at 3 in the morning, have not been able to sleep. My house is brand new and im afraid im going to have it infested with these bed bugs. But take it from me i will sue Macy’s for the damages, report them to consumers affairs and Blast them in the local news if they dont take care of this situation…Im afraid to sleep in my room, just the though of these termites in my house is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!..
    i WANT MY MONEY BACK OR THEY BETTER REPLACE MY BED…i just discovered bugs on the mattress also…I CAN’T!!!!

• youpeoplemakemelaugh

You had the mattress for a year. How is the bed bugs Macys fault? That’s your issue, idiot.

• sandra miller

Was shopping a Macy’s today and when I went to use my Macy’s charge card I was told I needed to reapply because I had not used it in 2 years….my card expiration date is Sept. 2014. I am shocked that I could not shop anytime I wanted to up to the expiration date. I am done with Macy’s and I will not reapply as I will no longer be shopping at Macy’s.

• Poor service

My wife was shopping at Macy’s and tried to use her credit card. She was told it had been cancelled since it hadn’t been used in 2 years, "would you like to open a new one". She said yes and the clerk submitted the info. 2 days latter we got a from Macy’s saying they thought someone had tried to use her info to open a fraudulent account. We gave them the information they needed and was told it was all set. 2 weeks latter we got a letter stating the card was turned down due to "inability to verify info". We have lived in the same house for 30 years and have a credit score over 780. When I called to ask what they couldn’t verify they refused to explain. After several call we finally got a woman who cleared up everything and said the card would be mailed out. This was 3 months ago and still nothing and no one will give us any idea if what went on. We will never shop there again.

• Simone

Welcome to the new Macys!

Anyone fooled by this shark of a company should be embarrassed, they have let go of all the good people who stood by them for years, only to increase the fat pockets of a ceo who could give a crap less .

Enjoy the market for now , it wont last …. just walk into any macys and see for yourself , might as well shop at kmart imo.

• Adam

Have to say I disagree. Still heads and tails above Kmart and most large retailers for that matter. One of the few retailers with a positive future. As far as “it won’t last” goes…what does? Macy’s has been around for 150 years. You don’t achieve that being crap. Where are Gimbals? Orbachs? A&S? Filenes? Caldwells? They went the way of the Dodo while Macy’s has thrived. They must be doing something right.

• Beth

I went to exchange several suits I received for Christmas and when I went in the store I had to search to find someone and then I was sent to a specific register to have help but only to find the cashier was busy having a great time with a couple and just pointed me to the wrong section and laughed when I went there. The customer was looking at me laughing. I guess they thought I was "beneath" them with my gym suit on. When I did not find the suits I went back for a refund and was denied by her after being in line for at least 15 minutes. I was told my husband had to come in and bring merchandise back for a refund on his debit card. I was planning to start back shopping at Macy’s but not now. They were rude and not helpful.

• Donna

Was told by a employee at Marcy’s in Fairmont, TX, when looked at me, to shop at Wal-Mart or Target. All I wanted was a blue coat that was on sale.

• mark

xtreme emotional hardship as I have to re-pay the health insurance provider and have been unable to do so due to the lack of a salary. As a result, I now have a collection and lien against me. It has been very difficult financially these past months as this set back has triggered my other financial obligations such as continued delinquencies on child support payments, late/delayed mortgage payments resulting in pre foreclosure of my home. The very possibility of facing the loss of my home has added to the mental anguish of now being homeless and trying to focus and sustain attendance with a new career while dealing with the physical ailments of this unforeseen injury sustained at the

• pissed customer

About MACY’S Customer Service:

Without any doubt,
    MACY’S has the worst customer service. I received a notification about a fraudulent activity on my MACY’S account which was reported to my credit bureau, degrading my score credit unbelievably low for an amount less than $50. I called the fraud department and let them know that the transaction does not belong to me. They told me to fill out a form and include my driver’s license copy to investigate the process. After that, my account that was set to auto-payment, automatically paid the invalid transaction. I called the fraud department again, and they said that they need me to fax the fraud report form this time to them, and I did. Following that, when I contacted the customer service to make sure they received my fax, they said why I paid the amount if that was a fraud! I told them there is a glitch in your auto-payment system which should not pay the fraud-reported transactions from the customer’s bank account. But the operator kept insisting on his unreasonable statement. This is the worst credit card company I have ever tried! They don’t even listen to what the customers explain to them! I wish I never opened an account with MACY’S in the first place!!! I am extremely disappointed at their lack of flexibility which will prevent my shopping at Macy’s in the future although Macy’s may have the products I need.

• Vee Black

Maybe you can use a general credit card to shop there. I just filed a fraudulent claim last week and went and filed a police report for fraudulent activity on my Macy’s account. Macy’s is sending me another card with a new account number. However, I really don’t want a new Macy’s card, because I feel they do not protect their account holders.

• Victoria Copeland

I have not been in Macy’s for a long time and tonight my husband and I stopped by the Macon Mall in Macon GA to look for me a blouse at Macy’s. When I gave my Macy’s American Express Credit Card to the lady, she had to call someone to check it out and then they told me that because I had not used my card in a long time, I would have to go the office and reactivate it. It has on my card that it does not expire until September 2013. I told the lady that I would not be reactivating my card because I did not need a Macy’s Card. I have a Visa so I will continue to use it if I ever shop in Macy’s again. It made me look back to the other customers standing in line to pay and I had done nothing wrong. I have an excellent credit rating and I am very disappointed in the way I was treated tonight at Macy’s. Will be calling them the first thing in the morning to complain to customer service.

• kazvet

Stay far away!!!! Macys sold me a damage Beautyrest Black mattress and then tried to lie about it. The have dumb people who work in their warehouses in NJ and cannot read. DO NOT BUY MATTRESS FROM MACY BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN SITTING IN THE WAREHOUSE AND THEY ARE USED!!!!

• Jane C. Bennett

I have been a good customer, and have used the Macy’s credit card and never been late nor missed paying off all the debt on time. I missed this payment because mail was mixed in with a neighbor’s delivery and I received it late. I called in and spoke to Clayton in India and he refused any leeway for the late fee which was more than one fourth of what was owed. I went immediately to Macy’s in Newington,, New Hampshire and paid the bill and had the card destroyed by Luis from Ecuador.

I have cancelled that card and will NOT shop with this company again.

• Stillgood

I would warn everyone who comes across this comment to stay away from Macy’s!! I worked here for almost 5 years of my life! And I gave it everything I had, however when I became pregnant last year it seemed that my manager and co workers were trying to make my job harder than what it really was. I was denied FMLA because I supposedly didn’t work 1250hrs or more during the previous year, however I made a little over $13000 last year you do the math $13100/$9.20 = 1,423hrs so somewhere someone is lying and it isn’t me. Furthermore, last week I was let go from Macys do to a few absences and tardies that were out of my control I had worked up until 8 months of my pregnancy and all of a sudden the pcm in my car goes out making it impossible to get to work . I explained this to my manager to prevent having points deducted as he stated that he would excuse any absence if we would let him know ahead of time and I did!! I knew something fishy was going on because a week before my termination I was unable to badge myself in the mornings meaning I had to wait outside until someone walked by to let me in I was also unable to clock in. There was a lot of shadiness going on prior to this, such as my manager changing my schedule during the middle of the week without any communication of the change. It’s almost as if he wanted me to lose my points. I was only three weeks away from my maternity leave (which didn’t look like it was getting approved based on my hours) and one week away from my vacation. Macys is not a place that I would ever think about shopping or working at again!! They are greedy and do not care about their employees!

• Paula B

Macy’s company very abusing employees, please do not buy anything from them, the worse stores in America.
    Especially the store manager from Westminster, her names Maria , she was unprofessional and no educated…..

• Michelle

I agree with you, you have to specific the store Westminster California, she made me so disappointed when i shopped their in the month of November, she danced on the floor like she is in the club……..

• Pssf

been working for Macys for almost 3 years and no raise yet. The only way one is given a raise is if you meet your daily goal everyday and get two plus credits everyday. I guess helping the customer find for 2 hours for a wedding, or helping a customer reslove a problem doesn’t mean much anymore these days. Oh well.

• Gwen Molon

I have been trying to contact Macys by email but have not been able to get thru.
    I simply want to find out the procedure to return a timer/kitchen gadget that i just purchased in Prairie Village,Ks
    while visiting my daughter, I’m now home in Wisconsin and find it is faulty/ does not work. I paid $12.95 for the
    MarthaStewart timer. Refund/credit/replacement? G.Molon, 504 Ruder St. Wausau,WI 54403
    Thank You.

• Rob

MACY’S RECIPES FOR HIRING PEOPLE AND ABUSING THEM
    Macy’s managers are well paid to abuse Macy’s workers and employees
    Macy’s managers enjoy the good life, driven very expensive cars, getting high as much as they want to and promotes violation of labor laws for Macy’s benefits with the advised of some lawyers working on the Labor Laws ethical borderline
    Very well paid Macy’s managers abusing a lot of employees justifies their very high salary, because they are saving a lot of money to maintain a large number of employees paid at the minimum wage and making a lot of profits on its sales as well on the low wages paid to employees.
    No employee hourly increases, in other words nobody gets a dime, never, even after working many years for Macy’s and having an excellent performance on the job
    Macy’s profits came from a combination of paying low wages to employees and very high mark ups of cheap merchandise bought from Asia
    Violations of labor laws is the norm at Macy’s and well and cheating and deceiving.
    Macy’s is having Lawsuits for paying less hours that the hours worked by the employee. Not one case, but on many cases on employees working in the USA
    Also taking more deductions than the law allows on employees paychecks
    HOW YOU CALL A COMPANY DOING CHEATING AND DECEIVING AND BREAKING THE LAWS?
    “I know the name you have in mind, but unfortunately you can not say it here, because it is a bad word and some people may feel offended by that”
    The best you can do is not shopping at Macy’s
    Show Macy’s smart **** managers getting high all the time, who is the boss!
    Macy’s without customers, won’t go anywhere and Macy’s managers will not get the money to buy the drugs to get high and doing illegal things on employees
    But obviously, Macy’s managers are receiving orders from the CEO or others very important people at Macy’s to act illegally
    MACY’S, WHEN A DOG STILL AT LARGE!

• America First

ABOUT MACY’S
    Without any doubt in my mind, Macy’s is the worst company to work for
    I keep thinking; how all these terrible things happen in America and especially at Macy’s
    having a self made label of "MAGIC", when actually there is lot of corruption inside?
    The American people is the one to pay the price for its corruption and wrong doing, not just only on our good name as American but on also our reputation as well
    WHERE IS THE JUSTICE TO PUT A FINAL STOP ON MACY’S?
    IS AMERICA THE OLD FAR WEST, WHERE GUNS WAS THE LAW?
    Well, Macy’s won’t need to use any gun at all; Macy’s is doing as much damage to people without using any gun at all
    The Magic of Macy’s!

• America First

ABOUT MACY’S
    Without any doubt in my mind, Macy’s is the worst company to work for
    WHERE IS THE JUSTICE TO PUT A FINAL STOP ON MACY’S?
    IS AMERICA THE OLD FAR WEST, WHERE GUNS WAS THE LAW?
    The Magic of Macy’s!

• AHT

1-13-2013
    MACY’S THE BIGGEST CROOK AVAILABLE, DAMAGED MY WIFE LIFE FOREVER
    DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT MACY’S
    Macy’s Department Store is the most abusive company you can work for.
    25 years of unpaid overtime $477,906.
    (interests was not calculated yet on the above and below amount)

20 MONTHS (62 weeks) OF UNPAID MONEY TO REPLACED MANAGER AT MACY’S CULVER CITY, CA TOTAL $ 9,920.

$ 8,000,000 dollars is my claim for catastrophic injuries by negligence and violation of my wife rights while working at Macy’s. Thanks to Macy’s; my wife is a living wreck for the rest of her life
    MACY’S forced my wife to resign for her disability by Undue Influence
    Macy’s located at Westfield Mall, 14000 Riverside Drive, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423 – 818-788-8350
    My name is Al Henry, a disabled person and thanks to Macy’s my wife is a living wreck for the rest of her life. My wife is in a wheel chair and unable to do anything at all
    Requires my personal care 24 hours around the clock
    My wife worked 25 years at Macy’s
    JUSTICE IS NOT DONE YET!

• Livia

I think Macy’s is a barbarian, corrupt company having in mind destruction and wrongdoing
    Macy’s must pay the price for doing all these barbarian stuff to employees
    Obviously, the powerful control the people and getting away with whatever
    Can anybody at the government put a stop on this?