Great Expressions Dental Reviews

Corp Website: greatexpressions.com

Great Expressions Dental Ratings

Great Expressions Dental Reports

Most Recent Great Expressions Dental Complaints

Is Great Expressions Dental a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Dentists Directory ListingGreat Expressions Dental Centers Listing

Ripped Off By Great Expressions Again!

On June 2, 2016 my son had an appointment for his 4 wisdom teeth to be extracted at the Eagles Landing Great Expressions dental office. After being delayed for our time slot, we were to meet with the dental surgeons treatment coordinator, Ms. Yulita Brazil. She went over the insurance estimated cost for treatment and what I should owe. She insisted that I pay 664.45 in full BEFORE the surgery. I asked to pay a payment and was told they could not take partial payment. I used my Care Credit card to make the payment, but before I did, I asked why and since I didn’t have an outstanding balance I could make a partial payment. She said to me that they require the full amount because they were left with too many customers not paying their part.

I thought this was a hideous excuse and should be handled case per case. Anyway, the following week I received my statement from Delta Dental, my insurance provider. This explained the amount they paid after the adjustments agreed upon in their contract with Great Expressions…They (Delta Dental) paid 459.00 and I owed 317.00. I was outraged to know that Great Expressions would take no less than 664.45.

So, I contacted them about getting a refund on the over payment I was forced to pay. I spoke directly with Yulita Brazil, after several left messages…she gave me an excuse that she could do nothing about the refund until Corporate notified their office of receiving the insurance payment. I called my insurance company and discussed this issue. Tameka at Delta Dental spoke to me about this and said they already paid their agreed portion via ach bank draft to GR8 Expressions on June 13..I was told it posted there on June 15. Well since then, I’ve been leaving messages and emails for Yulita Brazil…she has not returned my calls or answered my emails.

Once I was able to speak to the person who claimed to be the office manage at Great Expressions his name is Jamar…he was just as useless in providing my refund but he verified the payment from Delta Dental had posted. I was told also by Jamar that there were other charges pending from the insurance company, but my issue is that that has little to do with me. I paid 343.45 to a credit card as an over payment from what I owed for the treatment I was billed for and responsible for. I cannot wait for open enrollment so I can get the heck away from this crooked company. about 4 years ago the same situation happened with my daughter, who also had her wisdom teeth extracted. At that time, the treatment coordinator was someone else and she sent Care Credit a refund for the over payment I was charged on the day of her surgery.

I was skeptical to go through this once again, but after no hassle the first time, I expected the same treatment. My mistake for keeping them as a provider. Because I charged over six hundred dollars on a credit card, I am obligated to pay it to them. So unfair of GGreat Expressions to run a business unfair and not want to make it right for their customers. TRUE CROOKS!!!

25 Most Recent Reviews About Great Expressions Dental

Submit a Complaint or Comment For Great Expressions Dental

• Mona Lisa

Horrible!! Incompetent!!

These are the biggest malpractice crooks ever!! Their entire business model is built like an assembly line of patients, where they falsify your diagnosis, and present you with an outlandish treatment plan that is racked up in the thousands. They then bill your insurance to collect on false treatment, I would recommend anyone that goes here to get a second opinion. They also hire dental professionals that basically have zero experience. On my visit, the dentist that worked on my mouth actually spilled tooth filling all in my mouth, she sanded my tooth down almost to the pulp where now I have a permanent hole in it, and everytime I go to get an xray the dentist tends to think its a deep cavity. The fillings were actually so poorly done that it felt like I had lumps of sand bonded to my teeth instead of fillings. To make matters worse, I went to another dentist and was told that there was no cavities, where they claimed I needed six cavities filled. They are so incompetent that I am puzzled how they can remain open. Their main objective is money and not quality care. I would avoid at all costs!!! They use to be located on Pike Street, but have since moved to Old Norcross road.

• Miyah Sundermeyer

I had not gone to the dentist in 3 years along with carelessly drinking lots of soda. A family member talked me into going and I made my first appointment in three years. They could only provide an exam and x-rays. 1. I was required to have 18 x-rays and during those 18, I was told that I have a very small mouth and needed to have a child sized film holder when the x-rays were in process. 2. Though I am not surprised that I would have problems, the doctor spent much more time talking with the hygienist. When I asked if I had cavities, the he did not give me a direct answer. Rather it was “Hold on we’ll go over all of that with you.” They also insisted that I have gum disease and need a special cleaning at the roots but could not tell me the price.
    3. The hygienist said that I have a total of 14 cavities and a few require root canals and a crown. Again I asked what everything was going to cost and they did not know. When my present family member, who was a witness, I noticed that even the secretary did not know what the price was until she looked everything up. As a total

1. General cleaning
    2. Gum cleaning/ scaling
    3. Cavity filling
    4. Root canal somewhere else
    5. A couple of crowns

Grand total? Over $7,000.00 thanks.
    So I am not only going to speak to a few dentists and get a few opinions but get a quota as well. This place rips you off and I know that I will not be back.

• WILL NOT HONOR INS. RATES

WORST dental offices EVER! I have had so many horrible experiences with multiple offices. I thought that it was only isolated to one location but after visiting two different locations on both the adult and kids side, I now see that it appears to be the culture of the Great Expressions Corp. to be rude, inconsiderate, CROOCKS! Not only will you always experience an excessive wait time, many of the dentist DO NOT KNOW what they are doing-inexperienced!!, the staff members are rude to both children and parents, and they refuse to honor the negotiated rate with insurance companies!

• They are horrible! And need to be investigated for fraud! I have never had any issues with my teeth and all of a sudden I visit this dental practice and I have gum disease and multiple cavities. I laughed because I thought I was on some fake reality show, being punked. That is until they showed me a treatment plan racked up in the thousands. I laughed and walked out.

• sammi

My family has been victimized by this corrupt entity more than once. My son needed his wisdom tooth extracted post removal of braces. The staff took my son into one of the exam room where IV access insertion failed at first attempt. This Line is an access for anesthetic administration. My son was being worked on and about 15 minutes into this mess, a staff member named Maxine came out with a stack of documents and states…”the doctor will not continue with procedure until you sign this paper”. The paper she is talking about is a break down of charges and my financial responsibility as a minor’s guardian. This is a perfect example of their professionalism… it didn’t matter that they’d practically started prepping my son for the procedure. ie: IV insertion…but to delay procedure just to make sure they will get paid is unacceptable. Upon completion of procedue and during discharge intructions, the tech explained that my son is not allowed solid food as of yet and also to rerain from sucking motion. She states Smoothies are perfect post procedure food. But here’s the kicker… As stated by Miss genius..”if I were you, I’d stop by Macdonalds and buy Smoothie there”. Since when did staff members start promoting venues? What if my son does not eat Mcdonalds food…
    They are also in the habit of double dipping. So,if you are looking for dental care, please do your homework. Or else, you will find yourself in the listof uunsuspected preys.

• ReturnoftheBrotha .

I have a complaint! I had an appointment today (Orange, CT) to reapply a partial crown. I rescheduled for Monday, then they called me today to ask me to reschedule because the doctor had an ’emergency’ – on this upcoming Monday! Emergencies happen now, not into the future!

I refused to reschedule because I need it reattached, as I used to be an Exceldent customer until this low down place bought them out. The receptionist then told me that if I could not reschedule, I could go some place else. That is what I will do! I guess small time bills like mine are not important enough to take care of at the end of the day, even if it will only take about 10 minutes!

I hate chains!

• Diana Dee Cebollero

THIS IS NOT A COMPLIANT. I am writing to praise the hygienist Anna that is at the Wesley Chapel, Fl office. I have been going there for at least a couple of years and have never had such a complete and professional hygienist treat me like Anna did. She answered all my questions and gave me info. that I didn’t ask for. What a pleasure to have my mouth worked on by her. Went the extra mile or maybe the others didn’t quite do all of their jobs. Just my opinion that maybe your company should have a short survey for all your customers to file out. thank you

• Sure Diana, sure! I am sure you work for these crooks!

• Diana

No I do not work for them. I must admit that there are others that are not the best but this Anna was perfect. Only complimented her, not the whole place. Felt since there are so many negatives for these places that a positive note for an individual would be nice.

• anonymous

We were pleased with the service of the staff in the Newnan, GA office when I took three of my children in at different times for cleanings. As far as I could see they were professional and very courteous. The problem came when my husband’s ex-wife took her two kids to a different office an hour away.

They told her about my daughter’s INCORRECT balance and that her kids couldn’t be seen until the balance was paid. They refuse to separate accounts. My two step-children live with their mother and should be on their own account-not mine! I have gotten phone calls for her because they have missed appointments, etc. They don’t live with me and I can’t control her actions. I ended up paying $195 for services they received, even though we were not responsible for the balance-she was! I explained how these children didn’t need to be on my account with my children, but they refuse to take them off because they share the same dental insurance!

They have broken HIPPA by telling my husband’s ex-wife that my daughter is even a patient of theirs.UGH! Unfortunately she idiotically paid it-$465 just so they could have a cleaning. She then contacts me and demands I pay her immediately. So now I’m battling this idiot because that’s NOT what we owe and I’m also battling Great Expressions because they overcharged us by $226.20! Talk about stuck in the middle! Upon talking with the receptionist in the Marietta office and demanding they refund the ex-wife’s credit card, they inform they can’t b/c the kids had already been seen.

I ask why they told her about my daughter even being a patient and having a balance and the receptionist swears this isn’t breaking HIPPA. The receptionist said she contacted corporate about separating the accounts b/c clearly this has caused MAJOR issues and they said no b/c it causes too much work for their offices!!! HOLY CRAP!! Ex-wife is now disputing Credit card charge-not sure where that will get her. Hoping to get Great Expressions to refund and re-evaluate the need for separate accounts in certain situations!

Because of this debacle we will NOT be returning! They definitely have creative billing and supposedly ‘pressured’ a non-authorized person to pay an incorrect balance for a child that wasn’t hers!

• The so called Office Manager was very very rude @ unprofessional!!! She acted as if me and other Patients were bothering her, I havent been to any Dentist for over 8 years, I almost walked out,!! The Dentist was a very professional @ courteous man. who knew his business. i left a large deposit for bottom dentures @ never heard anything from the Office Manager for 3 weeks!! Left several messages on the answering machine for a couple of days to no avail,,,, Bad business!! Where are my dentures?? Where is my money???

• Delores Hall

Thank you, I mainly wanted to let the Coorporate Office to be aware of this concern.

• no more Vists

Seems they have some creative billg for their services, front office staff is very unprofessional to the point of being rude. Fleming Island, Fl. office is where I WAS going..No more.

• Bob Smith

Best bet, avoid this place, run run quickly away from Great Expressions!!

• Bob Smith

The Great Expressions staff is made up of some very dubious characters to say the least. Best bet, run background checks with the personnel you work with. They work primarily on making a profit and nothing else. I applied to work there with all intentions of being honest and giving all of my pertinent information in a clear and precise manner. What I got back from them was, garbage and bullshit.

I wasted a good three interviews with their supposed "upper echelon". Only to discover the entire staff on that level either had on-line degrees from defunct institutions or never heard of Universities. The "Classic" diploma mills.

So, not to discount the Company in it’s entirety, but please be sure to look deeply before making a decision to use them.

Much thanks,
    Bob MyKnob

• Greg C.

Avoid. They consistently recommend procedures that are not needed. They recommended crown to my wife and I. We had never had any. We changed dentists and guess what? The new dentist laughed at the recommendation. He asked who the other dentist was..we said "Great Expressions.." he acted like he had heard that several other times and wasn’t surprised.

• Upset Parent

This is very disconcerting to see so many complaints, and on various portals. My son had braces placed on in the Fayetteville, GA office over a year ago. Since our dental plan at that time was a discount plan, the rep informed us that if we obtained an additional policy, it would lower the out of pocket cost significantly. We obtained Delta Dental and shared this information with the office before signing on. Well, after enrolling and paying premiums for many months, the dental office told us it would not cover since the braces were already affixed a few weeks before (they knew this originally). Then this past summer we received a bill that we had a credit on the account but then in recent months, we were informed nearly $1,000 is due and they cannot schedule any maintenance appointments for my son…and he has their metal in his mouth. I work in healthcare so I know this presents a health risk to my son as a result of their discrepancies and poor handling of insurance and advisement. It is certainly time to file complaints and seek resolve…even up to litigation, if needed.

• Jamie Sanders

May 2, 2013
    Great Expressions, Wall Street, Conyers Georgia

The assistant debated and argued with me for coming telling me I had to take my daughter to the prior GE who serviced my daughter, though the staff at this center scheduled us for the treatment. We waited an hour for my daughter even to be seen once in the chair. A 1.5 hour procedure took 4 hours while they continued to work on other patients. My daughter was threatened to drown and nearly vomited while the dentist and assistant chattered back and forth on a conversation, forgetting they were pouring water into my daughter’s throat. I also was given the "bait and switch" story telling me we had to take a more expensive treatment option. This was the worst dental center I have ever been at. Twice there now, and each time we waited an hour after the appointed time. My best friend is a dental scheduler and this simply is not acceptable if staff know what they are doing.

• Shanita Winslow

Horrible service and long waits…front staff is very unprofessional. I have made up my mind to switch to another. Specifically, my complaints were:
    1-Having to wait approximately 45 minutes to an hour to be seen (and I was on time every time)
    2-Checking my daughter out of school and taking off of work to have filling work, only to be told once she arrived that she didn’t really need a filling
    3-Check out staff choosing to sit and discuss lunch plans rather than allowing me to settle my balance and check out after my dental work was completed
    4-After making appointments for my daughters weeks prior, being called a day or two before to reschedule because the office would be closed (this happened several times)
    I also recommened other family members (12 including myself and my immediate family) and they have all had similiar experiences. We have all decided to take our business elsewhere. Our location was in Stockbridge, GA on Eagles Landing Pkwy.

• Nicole

Oh Wow!!! You are describing exactly what happened to me and my children… only our location is in coconut creek, Florida. What’s going on with this company!!! We have also decided to take our business elsewhere, different company all together! But it’s important that consumers know about this, because most people just change places without telling… as they think it’s not worth it, in their opinion!