Great Expressions

Most Recent Great Expressions Complaints

Is Great Expressions a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Dentists Directory ListingGreat Expressions Dental Centers Listing

DENTAL NIGHTMARE!

I went to Great Expressions a repair I wanted to have done. I only wish I would have investigate this practice before I choice them. After they did my exam, Great Expressions advice was to due a full front bridge instead of the repair. After there pep talk. I agreed to the process and had no idea what a nightmare I was about to enter into. It was the worst dental experience of my life.

To begin with, the process was going to take 3 months from beginning to end. So the story begins with the temporary bridge, which by the way broke within the first few minutes after I got home. I went back the next day to repair the temporary and let’s just say it took another 12 more temporaries, a lot and pain and suffering before it all ended. They never excepted responsibility for their poor quality of work that was done…I couldn’t eat or go out comfortably with out worrying about the temp breaking.

Finally, my permanent bridge was done and put in. The nightmare continues. The permanent was put in Sept of 2014, well it’s only been a year in a half later and one front tooth on the porcelain bridge began to fracture and break…keep in mind insurance with only pay for a bridge every 5 years…so this should have lasted as least that. Not to mention that I paid $2500. out of pocket after insurance.

Now here I am over a year later and my bridge starts breaking…the real nightmare is my wedding is just 5 weeks away… I call them up in a panic, I go the office at first they don’t want to give me an appointment at the office I originally went to and very close to my home. They insist I have to go to another office because the dentist that did the work was moved to a different location. Well of course I argued and insisted on seeing anyone because this was serious and I needed immediate attention..

OK…so they took X-Rays and they also took pictures of the broken bridge. The out come was the bridge would have to be replaced. The problem was it wouldn’t be ready in 5 weeks…and there could be a CHARGE!!! REALLY!…How do they have the nerve to want to charge me for a full bridge that only lasted over a year…

The dentist that agreed to assess the damage, although he was very nice didn’t really want to get involved he suggested I see the dentist in the practice that did the work…..I told him I did’t like her work or attitude and didn’t want her to treat me. I ended up with no help on this and I was back to square one. I asked this dentist if my bridge could at least last 5 more weeks, He seemed to think I could of course couldn’t offer a guarantee..but felt confident it could.

The very next day another piece came from the bridge. I went into a complete panic as the break was becoming more visible. I called my insurance company explained the complete story and wanted to know my options. I was advised I could either try to work out an agreement with Great Expressions or write a narrative to the insurance company explaining what happened so I could possibly get compensated for a new bridge. The other option is seek a new Dental Group and have them help with the narrative to replace the bridge.

As it turns out I found a new dental group and they were able to do a repair. They were wonderful. It just shows what a greedy, money hungry poor quality practice Great Expressions Dental Group is. They should be investigated and aloud to practice dentistry.

Great Expressions – 805 Middle Country Rd Selden NY New York 11784 | 631-732-0233

Most Recent Great Expressions Reviews

Consumer Comments For Great Expressions

• Mona Lisa

Horrible!! Incompetent!!

These are the biggest malpractice crooks ever!! Their entire business model is built like an assembly line of patients, where they falsify your diagnosis, and present you with an outlandish treatment plan that is racked up in the thousands. They then bill your insurance to collect on false treatment, I would recommend anyone that goes here to get a second opinion. They also hire dental professionals that basically have zero experience. On my visit, the dentist that worked on my mouth actually spilled tooth filling all in my mouth, she sanded my tooth down almost to the pulp where now I have a permanent hole in it, and everytime I go to get an xray the dentist tends to think its a deep cavity. The fillings were actually so poorly done that it felt like I had lumps of sand bonded to my teeth instead of fillings. To make matters worse, I went to another dentist and was told that there was no cavities, where they claimed I needed six cavities filled. They are so incompetent that I am puzzled how they can remain open. Their main objective is money and not quality care. I would avoid at all costs!!! They use to be located on Pike Street, but have since moved to Old Norcross road.

• WILL NOT HONOR INS. RATES

WORST dental offices EVER! I have had so many horrible experiences with multiple offices. I thought that it was only isolated to one location but after visiting two different locations on both the adult and kids side, I now see that it appears to be the culture of the Great Expressions Corp. to be rude, inconsiderate, CROOCKS! Not only will you always experience an excessive wait time, many of the dentist DO NOT KNOW what they are doing-inexperienced!!, the staff members are rude to both children and parents, and they refuse to honor the negotiated rate with insurance companies!

• They are horrible! And need to be investigated for fraud! I have never had any issues with my teeth and all of a sudden I visit this dental practice and I have gum disease and multiple cavities. I laughed because I thought I was on some fake reality show, being punked. That is until they showed me a treatment plan racked up in the thousands. I laughed and walked out.

• sammi

My family has been victimized by this corrupt entity more than once. My son needed his wisdom tooth extracted post removal of braces. The staff took my son into one of the exam room where IV access insertion failed at first attempt. This Line is an access for anesthetic administration. My son was being worked on and about 15 minutes into this mess, a staff member named Maxine came out with a stack of documents and states…”the doctor will not continue with procedure until you sign this paper”. The paper she is talking about is a break down of charges and my financial responsibility as a minor’s guardian. This is a perfect example of their professionalism… it didn’t matter that they’d practically started prepping my son for the procedure. ie: IV insertion…but to delay procedure just to make sure they will get paid is unacceptable. Upon completion of procedue and during discharge intructions, the tech explained that my son is not allowed solid food as of yet and also to rerain from sucking motion. She states Smoothies are perfect post procedure food. But here’s the kicker… As stated by Miss genius..”if I were you, I’d stop by Macdonalds and buy Smoothie there”. Since when did staff members start promoting venues? What if my son does not eat Mcdonalds food…
    They are also in the habit of double dipping. So,if you are looking for dental care, please do your homework. Or else, you will find yourself in the listof uunsuspected preys.

• ReturnoftheBrotha .

I have a complaint! I had an appointment today (Orange, CT) to reapply a partial crown. I rescheduled for Monday, then they called me today to ask me to reschedule because the doctor had an ’emergency’ – on this upcoming Monday! Emergencies happen now, not into the future!

I refused to reschedule because I need it reattached, as I used to be an Exceldent customer until this low down place bought them out. The receptionist then told me that if I could not reschedule, I could go some place else. That is what I will do! I guess small time bills like mine are not important enough to take care of at the end of the day, even if it will only take about 10 minutes!

I hate chains!

• Diana Dee Cebollero

THIS IS NOT A COMPLIANT. I am writing to praise the hygienist Anna that is at the Wesley Chapel, Fl office. I have been going there for at least a couple of years and have never had such a complete and professional hygienist treat me like Anna did. She answered all my questions and gave me info. that I didn’t ask for. What a pleasure to have my mouth worked on by her. Went the extra mile or maybe the others didn’t quite do all of their jobs. Just my opinion that maybe your company should have a short survey for all your customers to file out. thank you

• Sure Diana, sure! I am sure you work for these crooks!

• Diana

No I do not work for them. I must admit that there are others that are not the best but this Anna was perfect. Only complimented her, not the whole place. Felt since there are so many negatives for these places that a positive note for an individual would be nice.

• anonymous

We were pleased with the service of the staff in the Newnan, GA office when I took three of my children in at different times for cleanings. As far as I could see they were professional and very courteous. The problem came when my husband’s ex-wife took her two kids to a different office an hour away.

They told her about my daughter’s INCORRECT balance and that her kids couldn’t be seen until the balance was paid. They refuse to separate accounts. My two step-children live with their mother and should be on their own account-not mine! I have gotten phone calls for her because they have missed appointments, etc. They don’t live with me and I can’t control her actions. I ended up paying $195 for services they received, even though we were not responsible for the balance-she was! I explained how these children didn’t need to be on my account with my children, but they refuse to take them off because they share the same dental insurance!

They have broken HIPPA by telling my husband’s ex-wife that my daughter is even a patient of theirs.UGH! Unfortunately she idiotically paid it-$465 just so they could have a cleaning. She then contacts me and demands I pay her immediately. So now I’m battling this idiot because that’s NOT what we owe and I’m also battling Great Expressions because they overcharged us by $226.20! Talk about stuck in the middle! Upon talking with the receptionist in the Marietta office and demanding they refund the ex-wife’s credit card, they inform they can’t b/c the kids had already been seen.

I ask why they told her about my daughter even being a patient and having a balance and the receptionist swears this isn’t breaking HIPPA. The receptionist said she contacted corporate about separating the accounts b/c clearly this has caused MAJOR issues and they said no b/c it causes too much work for their offices!!! HOLY CRAP!! Ex-wife is now disputing Credit card charge-not sure where that will get her. Hoping to get Great Expressions to refund and re-evaluate the need for separate accounts in certain situations!

Because of this debacle we will NOT be returning! They definitely have creative billing and supposedly ‘pressured’ a non-authorized person to pay an incorrect balance for a child that wasn’t hers!

• The so called Office Manager was very very rude @ unprofessional!!! She acted as if me and other Patients were bothering her, I havent been to any Dentist for over 8 years, I almost walked out,!! The Dentist was a very professional @ courteous man. who knew his business. i left a large deposit for bottom dentures @ never heard anything from the Office Manager for 3 weeks!! Left several messages on the answering machine for a couple of days to no avail,,,, Bad business!! Where are my dentures?? Where is my money???

• Delores Hall

Thank you, I mainly wanted to let the Coorporate Office to be aware of this concern.

• no more Vists

Seems they have some creative billg for their services, front office staff is very unprofessional to the point of being rude. Fleming Island, Fl. office is where I WAS going..No more.

• Bob Smith

Best bet, avoid this place, run run quickly away from Great Expressions!!

• Bob Smith

The Great Expressions staff is made up of some very dubious characters to say the least. Best bet, run background checks with the personnel you work with. They work primarily on making a profit and nothing else. I applied to work there with all intentions of being honest and giving all of my pertinent information in a clear and precise manner. What I got back from them was, garbage and bullshit.

I wasted a good three interviews with their supposed "upper echelon". Only to discover the entire staff on that level either had on-line degrees from defunct institutions or never heard of Universities. The "Classic" diploma mills.

So, not to discount the Company in it’s entirety, but please be sure to look deeply before making a decision to use them.

Much thanks,
    Bob MyKnob

• Greg C.

Avoid. They consistently recommend procedures that are not needed. They recommended crown to my wife and I. We had never had any. We changed dentists and guess what? The new dentist laughed at the recommendation. He asked who the other dentist was..we said "Great Expressions.." he acted like he had heard that several other times and wasn’t surprised.

• Upset Parent

This is very disconcerting to see so many complaints, and on various portals. My son had braces placed on in the Fayetteville, GA office over a year ago. Since our dental plan at that time was a discount plan, the rep informed us that if we obtained an additional policy, it would lower the out of pocket cost significantly. We obtained Delta Dental and shared this information with the office before signing on. Well, after enrolling and paying premiums for many months, the dental office told us it would not cover since the braces were already affixed a few weeks before (they knew this originally). Then this past summer we received a bill that we had a credit on the account but then in recent months, we were informed nearly $1,000 is due and they cannot schedule any maintenance appointments for my son…and he has their metal in his mouth. I work in healthcare so I know this presents a health risk to my son as a result of their discrepancies and poor handling of insurance and advisement. It is certainly time to file complaints and seek resolve…even up to litigation, if needed.

• Jamie Sanders

May 2, 2013
    Great Expressions, Wall Street, Conyers Georgia

The assistant debated and argued with me for coming telling me I had to take my daughter to the prior GE who serviced my daughter, though the staff at this center scheduled us for the treatment. We waited an hour for my daughter even to be seen once in the chair. A 1.5 hour procedure took 4 hours while they continued to work on other patients. My daughter was threatened to drown and nearly vomited while the dentist and assistant chattered back and forth on a conversation, forgetting they were pouring water into my daughter’s throat. I also was given the "bait and switch" story telling me we had to take a more expensive treatment option. This was the worst dental center I have ever been at. Twice there now, and each time we waited an hour after the appointed time. My best friend is a dental scheduler and this simply is not acceptable if staff know what they are doing.

• Shanita Winslow

Horrible service and long waits…front staff is very unprofessional. I have made up my mind to switch to another. Specifically, my complaints were:
    1-Having to wait approximately 45 minutes to an hour to be seen (and I was on time every time)
    2-Checking my daughter out of school and taking off of work to have filling work, only to be told once she arrived that she didn’t really need a filling
    3-Check out staff choosing to sit and discuss lunch plans rather than allowing me to settle my balance and check out after my dental work was completed
    4-After making appointments for my daughters weeks prior, being called a day or two before to reschedule because the office would be closed (this happened several times)
    I also recommened other family members (12 including myself and my immediate family) and they have all had similiar experiences. We have all decided to take our business elsewhere. Our location was in Stockbridge, GA on Eagles Landing Pkwy.

• Nicole

Oh Wow!!! You are describing exactly what happened to me and my children… only our location is in coconut creek, Florida. What’s going on with this company!!! We have also decided to take our business elsewhere, different company all together! But it’s important that consumers know about this, because most people just change places without telling… as they think it’s not worth it, in their opinion!