Great Expressions Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Corp Email: amber.valko@greatexpressions.com
Corp Website: greatexpressions.com

Great Expressions Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Great Expressions Complaint

Is Great Expressions a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Dentists Directory ListingGreat Expressions Dental Centers Listing

Par Adjustments, Inconsistant Billing, Incorrect Charges, No Help

Par Adjustments, Inconsistant Billing, No One To Help With Incorrect Charges

I have been going to this Dentist office for years (somewhere they changed to Great Expressions without me knowing it). I always paid what they told me I owed. Then the bill comes, one month they charge me $15 for in-office floride, another month $25 and then after that my later visits go back to $15 again.

I called them and the Fayetteville, GA Office Manger told me there might have been an increase and out of 10 visits they only correctly charged me. There are also several PAR ADJUSTMENTS that I had no clue what that meant. It means after they tell you what your Dental Insurance will not pay and you pay those charges before you leave the office, later they charge you and say that’s the additional the insurance doesn’t pay.

I think instead of discounting the over and above charges the insurance won’t pay since they are the preferred Dentist on my insurance, I believe they they just hit the patient with it. And every time I had my annual exays, the Hygentist (which was great by the way)told me it was tolally covered each year, yet I would get an extra charge on my bill of $10 one time, $23 another, and $11 another time. She then proceded to tell me that because they also have to file my Blue Cross Insurance first before my Dental Insurance that I should have been charged a copay for my Medical Insurance for years but I got away with it! My periodental visit charges also changed from back and forth different prices $68 to $76 back to $68 then $77.

I got absolutely NO ANSWERS from the Billing Person who is also the Office Manager. When I asked for her Manager she said it didn’t matter because all they would do is send my complaint right back to her to answer. Well she never answered anything, she actually talked over me the whole time and was rude until I got fed up and hung up! Guess that’s what she wanted.

Great Expressions Dental Centers – 395 N Jeff Davis Dr Fayetteville, GA 30214 | 770-460-0870

10 Most Recent Great Expressions Complaints

Consumer Comments For Great Expressions

• THIS IS NOT A COMPLIANT. I am writing to praise the hygienist Anna that is at the Wesley Chapel, Fl office. I have been going there for at least a couple of years and have never had such a complete and professional hygienist treat me like Anna did. She answered all my questions and gave me info. that I didn’t ask for. What a pleasure to have my mouth worked on by her. Went the extra mile or maybe the others didn’t quite do all of their jobs. Just my opinion that maybe your company should have a short survey for all your customers to file out. thank you

• We were pleased with the service of the staff in the Newnan, GA office when I took three of my children in at different times for cleanings. As far as I could see they were professional and very courteous. The problem came when my husband’s ex-wife took her two kids to a different office an hour away.

They told her about my daughter’s INCORRECT balance and that her kids couldn’t be seen until the balance was paid. They refuse to separate accounts. My two step-children live with their mother and should be on their own account-not mine! I have gotten phone calls for her because they have missed appointments, etc. They don’t live with me and I can’t control her actions. I ended up paying $195 for services they received, even though we were not responsible for the balance-she was! I explained how these children didn’t need to be on my account with my children, but they refuse to take them off because they share the same dental insurance!

They have broken HIPPA by telling my husband’s ex-wife that my daughter is even a patient of theirs.UGH! Unfortunately she idiotically paid it-$465 just so they could have a cleaning. She then contacts me and demands I pay her immediately. So now I’m battling this idiot because that’s NOT what we owe and I’m also battling Great Expressions because they overcharged us by $226.20! Talk about stuck in the middle! Upon talking with the receptionist in the Marietta office and demanding they refund the ex-wife’s credit card, they inform they can’t b/c the kids had already been seen.

I ask why they told her about my daughter even being a patient and having a balance and the receptionist swears this isn’t breaking HIPPA. The receptionist said she contacted corporate about separating the accounts b/c clearly this has caused MAJOR issues and they said no b/c it causes too much work for their offices!!! HOLY CRAP!! Ex-wife is now disputing Credit card charge-not sure where that will get her. Hoping to get Great Expressions to refund and re-evaluate the need for separate accounts in certain situations!

Because of this debacle we will NOT be returning! They definitely have creative billing and supposedly ‘pressured’ a non-authorized person to pay an incorrect balance for a child that wasn’t hers!

• The so called Office Manager was very very rude @ unprofessional!!! She acted as if me and other Patients were bothering her, I havent been to any Dentist for over 8 years, I almost walked out,!! The Dentist was a very professional @ courteous man. who knew his business. i left a large deposit for bottom dentures @ never heard anything from the Office Manager for 3 weeks!! Left several messages on the answering machine for a couple of days to no avail,,,, Bad business!! Where are my dentures?? Where is my money???

• Thank you, I mainly wanted to let the Coorporate Office to be aware of this concern.

• Seems they have some creative billg for their services, front office staff is very unprofessional to the point of being rude. Fleming Island, Fl. office is where I WAS going..No more.

• Best bet, avoid this place, run run quickly away from Great Expressions!!

• The Great Expressions staff is made up of some very dubious characters to say the least. Best bet, run background checks with the personnel you work with. They work primarily on making a profit and nothing else. I applied to work there with all intentions of being honest and giving all of my pertinent information in a clear and precise manner. What I got back from them was, garbage and bullshit.

I wasted a good three interviews with their supposed "upper echelon". Only to discover the entire staff on that level either had on-line degrees from defunct institutions or never heard of Universities. The "Classic" diploma mills.

So, not to discount the Company in it’s entirety, but please be sure to look deeply before making a decision to use them.

Much thanks,
    Bob MyKnob

• Avoid. They consistently recommend procedures that are not needed. They recommended crown to my wife and I. We had never had any. We changed dentists and guess what? The new dentist laughed at the recommendation. He asked who the other dentist was..we said "Great Expressions.." he acted like he had heard that several other times and wasn’t surprised.

• This is very disconcerting to see so many complaints, and on various portals. My son had braces placed on in the Fayetteville, GA office over a year ago. Since our dental plan at that time was a discount plan, the rep informed us that if we obtained an additional policy, it would lower the out of pocket cost significantly. We obtained Delta Dental and shared this information with the office before signing on. Well, after enrolling and paying premiums for many months, the dental office told us it would not cover since the braces were already affixed a few weeks before (they knew this originally). Then this past summer we received a bill that we had a credit on the account but then in recent months, we were informed nearly $1,000 is due and they cannot schedule any maintenance appointments for my son…and he has their metal in his mouth. I work in healthcare so I know this presents a health risk to my son as a result of their discrepancies and poor handling of insurance and advisement. It is certainly time to file complaints and seek resolve…even up to litigation, if needed.

• May 2, 2013
    Great Expressions, Wall Street, Conyers Georgia

The assistant debated and argued with me for coming telling me I had to take my daughter to the prior GE who serviced my daughter, though the staff at this center scheduled us for the treatment. We waited an hour for my daughter even to be seen once in the chair. A 1.5 hour procedure took 4 hours while they continued to work on other patients. My daughter was threatened to drown and nearly vomited while the dentist and assistant chattered back and forth on a conversation, forgetting they were pouring water into my daughter’s throat. I also was given the "bait and switch" story telling me we had to take a more expensive treatment option. This was the worst dental center I have ever been at. Twice there now, and each time we waited an hour after the appointed time. My best friend is a dental scheduler and this simply is not acceptable if staff know what they are doing.

• Horrible service and long waits…front staff is very unprofessional. I have made up my mind to switch to another. Specifically, my complaints were:
    1-Having to wait approximately 45 minutes to an hour to be seen (and I was on time every time)
    2-Checking my daughter out of school and taking off of work to have filling work, only to be told once she arrived that she didn’t really need a filling
    3-Check out staff choosing to sit and discuss lunch plans rather than allowing me to settle my balance and check out after my dental work was completed
    4-After making appointments for my daughters weeks prior, being called a day or two before to reschedule because the office would be closed (this happened several times)
    I also recommened other family members (12 including myself and my immediate family) and they have all had similiar experiences. We have all decided to take our business elsewhere. Our location was in Stockbridge, GA on Eagles Landing Pkwy.

• Oh Wow!!! You are describing exactly what happened to me and my children… only our location is in coconut creek, Florida. What’s going on with this company!!! We have also decided to take our business elsewhere, different company all together! But it’s important that consumers know about this, because most people just change places without telling… as they think it’s not worth it, in their opinion!