Caseys General Store Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Robert J. Myers - President & CEO
Corp Website: caseys.com

Caseys General Store Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Caseys General Store Complaint

Is Caseys General Store a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Corner General Stores Directory ListingCasey's General Stores, Inc Listing

Supervisors

I have had retail experience for 36 years. I have been a Store Manager at this store for going on 3 years. Over a period of 3 years I have had to deal with some difficult customers that goes along with any retail job. However if a customer with Caseys calls corporate and complains about you, then the Supervisor wants to write up employee without asking for all the facts. These particular Supervisors in this area have themselves told customers they CAN NOT stand around all day and drink coffee and visit. These Supervisors have told customers to their faces that the employees have work to do and can not visit. These Supervisors asked a particular customer named Gary right to his face if he had anything to complain about today? Because Gary was a known complainer who stated he emptied garbage,made coffee and other things because employees didn’t have time.

Well after the Supervisor asked him if he had anything to complain about, Gary hasn’t been back since. Supervisor would come into store and tell the employee to get to work and stop visiting with a customer Angie who they were making a cheeseburger for and was not standing around visiting with employee.Shortly after this incident with the employee, she gave a 2 weeks notice for Supervisor picking on her. Supervisor would tell employees how she watched video camera and caught employee standing around doing nothing. Supervisor would have minute for minute of employee shift on paper and tell Manager to write this employee up for too much standing around. Supervisor has been in store for her store check and she hears a certain employee call EVERY customer honey, baby and Supervisor says nothing to employee but customers have complained about it. Supervisor treats the mixed race employee like they do nothing wrong and a white employee Supervisor is always climbing all over her/him for anything they can get away with.

Supervisors in general in this area have no morales or integrity. They have ran off more customers and employees than anyone in my 36 years of retail. I have personally witnessed all of the mentioned above,among other things with these Supervisors. All the things I have told you about these Supervisors is because they claimed the Store Manager had poor customer service skills. The Store Manager had more experience than them and knew more than them and was very very good with her customers. Like I stated in the first of my comment. Just because a customer makes a complaint, doesn’t mean the Store Manager/employees should be wrote up or fired because of it. Every store everywhere has customer issues and it won’t stop just because a Supervisor wants to write you up. The Supervisor sent a letter to the Store Managers house to inform her she was terminated AFTER that employee took an FMLA.

The letter stated a determination was made to terminate Store Manager on Jan 27,2015, however were unable to get with employee till Jan 30, but employee left her shift early. The employee worked Jan 27, 28, 29 and 30th so the Supervisor had 4 days to get with that employee.What do they mean unable to get with employee? Supervisor knows Managers shift and what store she works at. Employee spoke with Supervisor on phone at 9:07am on Jan 30 and even sent e-mail to Supervisor stating she needed to leave a little early for an appointment. Employee left 1 hour early Jan 30, and Supervisor never responded to the e-mail sent to her, never called store to talk with employee before leaving for the day, never called employee cell phone, never came into the store, never called store asking cashier if Manager had clocked out yet..NOTHING! The Managers guide book states if manager needs to leave early,to send her Supervisor e-mail or phone call, which e-mail was done.

On Jan 31, 2015 employee had got an FMLA from doctor which was faxed to Corporate office. On Feb 2,2015 Supervisor calls Manager and talked on phone for 10 minutes, 40 seconds. Supervisor wanted Manager to go to store for meeting Feb3,2015. Manager informed Supervisor she was on FMLA and couldn’t show up at store at this time. I asked Supervisor at this time if she needed my store keys for the person covering while I was on FMLA and Supervisor says”Sharon, I never asked for your keys”. Feb 5, 2015 Manager received termination papers in the mail. Termination papers say poor customer service when I gave you several examples of poor customer service from Supervisors and they still have their jobs. Employee was not terminated for customer service. This particular store has been robbed at gunpoint and a break in last Oct, 2014 just since I have been Store Manager. This doesn’t include all the incidents before I became Manager. Manager was terminated for telling the Supervisor on 01/20/2015 how she feared for her safety and her life because of how some customers scream, yell, holler, threaten the employees/Manager in the store, and Manager got FMLA on 01/31/2015.

There was one particular customer who goes crazy like once a week and Store Manager finally wanted someone to deal with this customer.Instead of Corporate dealing with this customer they choose to get rid of Store Manager and make things up because if Manager was really terminated because of customer service then why did they wait till AFTER the FMLA was filed to terminate the employee? Why do these Supervisors still have a job if all this is due to customer service ?

I have asked and asked and asked for the President, Vice President, CEO to discuss this all with me, however I get no calls back. I have no desire to ever do business at any Caseys anywhere!

Caseys General Store – 6203 N Big Hollow Rd Peoria IL 61615 | 309-691-6432

25 Most Recent Caseys General Store Complaints

Consumer Comments For Caseys General Store

• what would you do if the new manager has never worked for caseys before and comes in with gm &dm and about 9 other people to clean,then proceed to DEGRADE the people working there?

• So true, Caseys doesn’t back their managers. The store I managed for 10+ yrs is supervised by a very rude and disrespectful supervisor. She grabs employees by their clothing and screams at them, sexually harasses employees husbands, screams at store employees in front of customers, and her favorite part is making employees cry. Also sends her husband into to her stores to spy on employees. She has been reported numerous times and Caseys has done nothing. I quit because of her she couldn’t break me down and make me cry and I got fed up with her BS. Caseys makes money by having good managers and employees running their stores. You lose good help you lose business. Caseys needs to look at turnover rate of managers and employees in this supervisors area. Loved my job and customers. Would not work for a person like this!

• I had worked for and patronized Casey’s for years. I always enjoyed the small town friendliness and service. Soon after the sub shops were opened the stores went to crap. They started hiring complete morons and customer service went down the tubes. It’s all about money now. I refuse to go anymore, I have unresolved debit card overcharges that I have been trying to get resolved for 3 months now. The store manager finally returned my many calls and told me it wasn’t her problem that it was their bank that screwed up. The over charge was only 1.00 but that is not the point. Whatever happened to being held accountable for your mistakes? They screwed up so they should be making the corrective actions, not me. Don’t get me wrong, there are still outstanding Casey’s stores out there but they are becoming few and far between.

• I went to the store in Marion & had to pre pay for a gasoline purchase. My card was charged the origional amount I asked to set up for the pre pay and then the actual purchase. If you have to pre pay at their pumps, LEAVE and go to a different merchant.

• Returned a loaf of molded bread to the Hiawatha, Ks Casey’s store at Iowa and 1st street. A salesperson named Kenny Warren (think this was his last name) took over from my original salesperson, who by the way treated me most graciously. Kenny was rude to both me and the other young person behind the counter, bossing both him and me around treating me rudely as if I were not able to know what I was returning. He was boistrious, rude, inconsiderate, loud and very condescending. I have never been treated in this manner at any time since Casey’s opened stores in our area (many many years ago). Having taught school for years, none of my students would have been trained to act in this manner, and I sincerely hope you will repremand him for his actions. When I go into the store again (and I do often) if he is present, I will not do business in your store. Never in my 70 years have I been treated in this manner, and don’t believe that the Casey Stores would want anyone doing this to their customers. (I have never complained about any person in the retail industry in all my years, but this young man should truly not be serving Casey customers.) I hope someone will read this and respond as people like Kenny working at Caseys will surely drive away your customers.

• -Casey General Stores are known for their coffee and doughnuts. I have a complaint to make concerning the Casey General Store on Hwy 54 East, Clinton, IL. If you enter the store around 9:00 – 9:30 AM, seldom do you find but a few straggling doughnuts left over from the early morning hours. The situation seldom seems to change later into the day, as well. In contrast, however, it seems no matter the hour, you can frequent the Casey General Store in Deland, Il and there are always freshly made doughnuts. I would like to see a change here.

• The donut cook is in the store from 3:30am (in a busy store) until 9:30am. Donuts are not made all day. Once they are gone, they are gone. Sadly, some days are busier than others, and it can be unexpected. HOWEVER, if this lack of donut issue is an every day occurrence, I encourage you to speak to the manager.

• Not true Annie.I work at Casey’s store #2218 Peoria Illinois and we make doughnuts all day if the sales are there.At our store most of the employees are cross-trained in case the need arises.It takes a simple 5 minutes to make them so its no excuse to say when their gone thats it.

• I work at Caseys #2285 in Springfield,Ill. Our customers can request fresh donuts 24 hrs a day we are all cross trained to accomidate almost all request, maybe your store should implement this procedure.

• HAHAHA!!!!! Go Casey’s, meth heads and Coke Wh**’s need to be called out, and there are plenty of them here in Iowa.

• Just because someone likes doughnuts dosent mean they are methheads, I bet you work for Casey’s Chris