Cabin Kit Homes Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Company Information

Last Updated On: March 25, 2014

Cabin Kit Homes Corporate Contact

Business Name: Home & Cabin Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 1150
Cardiff, California 92007 USA

Corp Phone Number: 888-358-1113
Corp Email: george@cabinkit.com
Company Contact: George Wardner - President
Corp Website: cabinkit.com

Cabin Kit Homes Ratings and Reports

There Are Currently No Ratings.

Latest Cabin Kit Homes Complaint Filed

Cabin Kit Homes - Buyer Beware!

(It became very obvious to us why Cabin Kit Homes never gives a mailing address, only a post office box. From our experience he’s probably afraid someone might come knocking on his door in the middle of the night!)

We purchased a cabin kit from Cabin Kit Homes manufactured by AJIA Canadian Building System, Inc., of North Vancouver, BC. The kit order was placed on July 29, 2011 through Cabin Kit Homes, the selling company (Cabin Kit Homes has no affiliation to or with AJIA Building Systems). The kit was delivered on or about June 2, 2012 in Salida, Colorado. The delivery contained approximately 36 very large individually numbered crates and packages.

Each package contained pre-manufactured house wall sections, roof sections, etc. along with necessary hardware including nails, screws, brackets, etc. Accompanying the numbered packages was a load manifest describing what each package or crate contained. Wardner advised us we had to inventory every piece in every package immediately otherwise he’s not responsible for anything missing or faulty with the package.

I stated to Wardner, owner of Cabin Kit Homes, that we would inventory each package as it was opened during construction. Opening all of the packages at once was not reasonable due to property constraints, size/weight of each package as well as it would have exposed the building material to the environment, (as it turns out the kit took up an entire lumber storage yard packed, not unpacked).

As each package was opened, it became obvious that the contents of each package did not correlate with the manifest parts list. As he stated, it was our problem not his????? Can’t for the life of me understand how it became our problem not his???? As the building process proceeded, missing items were noted and an email was generated and addressed to Wardner, advising of the shortages and problems.

This is where everything starts to go downhill, in a hurry! When a certain piece of the kit came up missing, Wardner advised us of the fact that the shipment came through US Custom’s and was totally inventoried by Customs, piece by piece. I advised Wardner that chances of US Custom’s probability of counting each and every nut, bolt, board was highly unrealistic. He insinuated either the US Customs, or I stole the missing items from the kit; hence no reimbursement would be forth coming. (Paid $117,000 for this kit and he thinks I stole the parts – that’s totally irrational).

As an example of a typical problem, I contacted AJIA, the kit manufacturer about some of the missing items, such as roof screws. They advised me they in fact did not send roof screws and I should purchase them from a local hardware store and forward the bill to AJIA. They in turn, would issue a credit to me and I should then forward the credit to Wardner for reimbursement. George Wardner, President/CEO of Cabin Kit Homes, denied any responsibility for the missing kit items. As of today, we are now owed a minimum of $4500.00 for materials not delivered, (and we are only 50% completed in construction).

Purchasing replacement missing parts is obviously costing money, including my contractor’s wasting time trying to fix Cabin Kit Homes’ errors and omissions. When we contacted Wardner and advised him of the problems with the kit we received arrogant and demeaning responses. I seriously doubt Wardner has ever built a house as he is totally ignorant about any detail of the packages he sells.

BUYERS BEWARE of Cabin Kit Homes!!!!!! Remember, put your hand on your wallet for safe keeping, Wardner is out to screw you. Once he gets your money, it’s gone. The only recourse available to us now is taking him and his company to small claims court. All we wanted was a cabin, not a lawsuit!

It should be mentioned AJIA, the kit manufacturer, produces an excellent product and has nothing to do with Cabin Kit Homes lack of responsibility of not upholding their part of the sale. There are many reputable company’s capable of erecting any of the kits manufactured by AJIA. Unfortunately, we picked the wrong company to buy the kit from.

CABIN KIT HOMES
Email: george@cabinkit.com
P.O. Box 1150
Cardiff, CA 92007

More Cabin Kit Homes Complaints File a NEW Complaint View Comments

Is Cabin Kit Homes a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Cabin Kit Homes