PC Matic Reviews

PC Matic Ratings

PC Matic Reports

Most Recent PC Matic Complaints

Is PC Matic a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Computer Software Directory ListingPC Pitstop LLC ListingResponse From Company

PCMatic Will Not Respond; NOT GOOD!

My computer started acting up…booting up slow; taking for ever; I tried running a security scan to check for bugs and it said everything is fine…so issues.

One night while trying to surf the net a pop up appeared on a big solid blue screen stating that my computer was infected and to call the number on the screen immediately for help. my computer would not do anything; no matter what keys I hit nothing happened.

So, I called the number and it turns out it was Mircosoft security people and they told me my computer was infected and was about to crash and I would lose everything. they said they could fix it for$249.00 and that it would take about 45 minutes to an hour. I was on the phone with them for over three hours and during that time they said PC MATIC had not worked because they didn’t even have the right operating system being protected.

I had XM home addition and they had set up for some other operating system. so, it was not doing squat for my computer and it got infected badly. I tried and tried contacting PCmatic and to this day they have not contacted me back…it’s been about three years now.

I wanted to be reimbursed for having to have Microsoft fix my d**n computer or at least get a free year of help from them and you all know how that went.

Official Responses from PC Matic

By: Rob Cheng On: June 7, 2013

PC Matic is developed and supported by PC Pitstop – a reputable company that has been around for more than 12 years and been on the forefront of the fight against malware and computer safety. PC Matic has recently received the highly respected VB100 Anti-Virus Certification.

We welcome all feedback and will publicly respond to any specific concerns regarding the operation of our products that are supported by screenshots or facts that we can researched.

The PC Matic product support team is available via the link below:

By: PC Matic On: February 18, 2013

Your $49.99 has been refunded as requested.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact our customer support team directly through the link below:

15 Most Recent Reviews About PC Matic

More About PC Matic

PC Matic is run by pcpitstop.com which offers PC scans and solutions for common PC problems.

Related Complaints - Pitstop LLC

Submit a Complaint or Comment For PC Matic

470 Comments on "PC Matic"

I was informed that I had a trojan along with other undesirables and that it would cost over $400. to remove them. I learned that I do NOT have those problems. The technician hung up on me when I informed him that I did not trust him.

I am asking politely for a refund of my subscription. If there is no response to this I will take further action.

PCMatic is a joke. Unfortunately the joke is on the paying customer. If you have a technical question or problem, you receive a condescending email advising that PCMatic does not have personal technical assistance. OK….so I don’t have a personal paying account anymore. I suppose that is best. No customers and no technical support hassle for them. Works for me. I’ll spread the word.

Just spent a long time with someone who told me that it would cost $416.26 to solve my problem!! Requesting a refund of my subscription cost.

I get messages saying they could not scan my computer because was turned off. It wasn’t. Then I could not go on to my account as my password which has never changed would not work. They said they would send a new password several times, but didn’t. I called twice, but they never returned my call. I send an email and it was not answered. How can I get a refund??

I will NEVER buy their software for the following reason: The advertising makes me hate the company and turns me off no matter what the quality might be.(which appears to be terrible)

Hi Brigadier,
Thanks for posting your comment. Your feedback will be relayed to our marketing team.

PC Matic Support

Just spent 3 hours fixing two computers on separate internet connections with PCMATIC on them. They would boot up and shutdown. The only thing in common, they both had PCMATIC. Finally got PCMATIC uninstalled and the computers worked fine. Installed McFee.. Will never ever never use PCMATIC again. Don’t waste your money on this crap.

Hi Puff the Dragon,

I’m sorry to hear you were having problems with PC Matic. I’d like to look into this case for you. Did you ever contact Technical Support?

PC Matic Support

I have sent 3 messages to support for the past week, they will not respond. Just go to the page people say, well that don’t work either and now I cant even sign into my account. I am done with this crap. My advice for people is not even go there for it is all hype with no help at all. Its the most wasteful 50 bucks I have ever spent.

PC Magic really sucks it start off good then within a year your computer starts to get very slow then they tell you that you need another program that cost double what you already paid I think they need to tell you the truth from the beginning
Don’t purchase it waste of time and money

Raul,

This is not something that we do. Our price is $50 for 5 computers per year. If you have technical support issues, please reach out to us at https://www.pcpitstop.com/support. Additionally, we offer our Evergreen license, which is good for the life of the computer, and includes all software updates for PC Matic.

PC Matic Support

No complaint….was interested in looking at the product….I’ve seen enough negative comments about SERVE or the lack there of, that I’m NO longer interested in the product. Nothing personal against the company, though I do find there lasted ad annoying.

I can’t seem to get this to work. I found this to be a very difficult program to run. I will request a refund. WASTE OF MY TIME>

Hi Margaret,

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems with PC Matic. Please reach out to our support team, so that someone can guide you through the installation, and how to use the program. Our support team is available 7 days a week, and can be reached at https://www.pcpitstop.com/support

If you would rather request a refund, you can call our automated refund line at 1-843-203-0422 .

Just a picture dumbass.

Just to let you un-informed people Know…..This is NOT a PC Matic issue, When you get a screen that says Your computer is Infected and they want MONEY to fix is a SCAM…PERIOD They are Not Microsoft Security, MS does not have any connection to People who plant cookies on your computer and take it hostage! This idiot that blames PC Matic or any other company is stupid and should not own a computer. Look this up on the internet folks. Just do this hit ctrl + Alt + Delete takes you to your computers Task Manager and click on… Read more »

Right but it also did not block the scammers from taking over the computer. Isn’t that one of the reasons to buy PC Matic?

I don’t use PC matic and never would but the problem you are talking about will happen no matter what you are using. The fix is simple. Just put a shortcut for task manager in your task bar. When the window pops up just use task manager to close your browser. When you reopen it will be gone.

Those particular pop ups that take your computer screen hostage generally come from clicking on a particular link either accidently or intentionally. It’s a deceptive practice and the root is to get you to pay the ones who caused it, money to correct it.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for helping us clarify that PC Matic does not call and ask for money, nor do we put up popups or cookies which try to take your computer hostage. We are a legitimate computer software company, who have been in business since 1999.

PC Matic Support

cost me a lot of money just to get this so called protection off of my computer. The only security I got was my money in their pocket

Hi Jo,

I’m sorry to hear about your issues with PC Matic. Please request a refund by visiting https://www.pcpitstop.com/support/

Danny,

PC Matic offers a 30 day, unconditional money back guarantee. If you would like a refund, please go to https://www.pcpitstop.com/support and select Request a refund or cancel renewal. Alternatively, you can call 843-203-0422 and request a refund through our automated system.

PC Matic Support

If you’ve screwed up their computer, don’t offer phone support, how are they going to get their internet working and/or refund?

David,

Many people have alternate forms to communicate with us, such as a family member’s computer, a library computer, a smart phone, etc.

PC Matic Support

I can’t believe these people advertise when they are obviously a scam!!! I have been having awful email issues and was told to try something other than McAfee, so having seen Mr. Cheng nonstop on Fox News I paid my $50 and got an email with a link but it did nothing. It didn’t appear that anything installed and it said I didn’t need to do anything. Once I clicked the link to “review my order” – BAM – no more internet access, can’t get to any site. Getting an email runaround. I would be thrilled if they would give… Read more »

Hello Fran,

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems with PC Matic. If you would like technical support, please visit https://www.pcpitstop.com/support . You will be able to contact support or request a refund.

If you are having issues with MalwareBytes and PC Matic, please make sure you are on the latest version of MalwareBytes, as well as their signatures. At one point, they had software conflicts with PC Matic.

PC Matic Support

What a fraud! they do not respond to phone calls or return my calls. The litany of complaints and the fact that your first prompt when you call is an offer to refund your money. I wanted coverage not BS. I signed up but there was no way I could contact them.
They don’t even have my info. The TV networks that run their ads would do us all a big favor if they would just vet their advertisers.

Paul,

PC Matic does not offer phone support. Please reach out to us via https://www.pcpitstop.com/support/ and a technician will respond to you.

PC Matic Support

I targeted 10 web sights that rate the top 10 Anti Virus protection software. Not one had PC Matic listed. Only Kaspersky and Bitdefender were listed in the top 10 in all ten sites. Bitdefender was rate #1 twice and Kaspersky was rate #1 once. Bitdefender had an average of 3.9 (the lower the average the better) and Kaspersky had an average of 4.8 on scales of 1 to 10.

Geek Squad uses Kaspersky at Best Buy. I had them put it on 2 computers. Biggest piece of crap on the planet.

Kaspersky sucked. Ended up having to take my PC in. The OS had to be reinstalled due to viruses. I will stick with Norton. Hasn’t let us down yet.

We have had Kaspersky on 8 computers in our store for over two years and have had no trouble !

I have experienced numerous problems with Kaspersky AND trying to get your money back from them is horrible. I have put the charge in dispute now. And, I did not appreciate getting an email from them, written in Russian, when I contacted them about cancelling my purchase.

TexTeacher,

The majority of those sites are resellers/affiliates of the aforementioned companies. Please note that these sites that list the “top AV products” get paid whenever someone buys from their site.

PC Matic Support

I was the virus queen. I was shelling out money left and right because I was surfing and getting infected over and over again. Since I’ve had PC Matic I’ve had no problems on either of my computers. I’m very thank grateful for PC Matic.

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the post. We are glad to protect your computer from viruses.

PC Matic Support

Was hoping to read better reviews as I wanted to support a U.S. company. In the spirit of Making America Great Again, I hope that PC Matic take this time to re-boot it’s company and be the first U.S. Company to really do what it says. Sorry I won’t be signing up until I read better reviews.

RMCT,

Feel free to check out the Amazon reviews on PC Matic. We have a 4.8/5.0 stars with many positive reviews about our product. https://www.amazon.com/PC-Pitstop-Matic-Download-5-User/dp/B004KPKSRQ

PC Matic Support

GLAD YOU POSTED THAT LINK!!!! I did an earlier search on your products and found this link, which had terrible reviews on it, so which one is correct/current? Thanks https://www.amazon.com/PC-Pitstop-LLC-PCM-102-Matic/dp/B0046ZLW1G/ref=sr_1_3?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1488564213&sr=1-3&keywords=pcmatic

I still haven’t heard from pcmatic. I will let you know how it turns out.

rody house Er?

I also wonder about the BBB I filed a complaint there no help as long as the company pays and signs up with the BBB
its very odd pcmatic has a A rateing with the BBB

me too and not even an ack from them.

my laptop was slow I saw pc-matic on tv I than pulled them up on the web I signed up they took my money than I didn’t get an e-mail for the code I called them 3 times in 2 hrs to send it I said I wont to speak to someone who really works for pc=matic gthey transferred me guy got on the phone accessed my laptop than said it would be 249.00 for pc=matic to fix it I said I wont my money back this sounds like a scam lost him not sure if he hung up or… Read more »

Danny,

We do not offer phone support, nor do we charge $249.00 for PC Matic. The price is $50/year for 5 computers. What you encountered was a fake technical support scam. Google it, and you’ll see that even the FBI warns about these people.

PC Matic Support

PC Magic is the biggest scam perpetrated on the American public. I downloaded their free download several years ago and regret it. It made my computer run half it’s speed and there were no end to their pop ups to upgrade for a price. It also bypassed my Norton antivirus and let in a virus that fried my desktop computer. I have my computers built with experts & tell them what I need to have a computer with my specs. When I brought my computer in they immediately asked me if I downloaded PC Matic. They told me never buy… Read more »
Your computer builders are fully aware that routine “cleaning” of your computer will aid with the speed. Disk clean up, defrag, proper registry clean up, will help with speed. If your computer ran at half it’s speed it would appear there was a conflict present, that has not happened with my computer. And, I have not had any ads at all popping up. From what you said, you mentioned “it also bypassed my Norton antivirus” so there was most likely a conflict with running duo anti-virus programs. But, whatever got into your computer and “fried” it wasn’t stopped by your… Read more »

I have had AVIRA the pay version for several years now with no problems at all the yearly cost is minor under $50 a year and they monitor your computer daily the PCMATIC is a joke. I also use MALWEAR BYTES and my computer never has any real problems.

how silly, they stand behind “Made in USA” while wearing a NIke Logo which 99% made some where else!!!!!!!! Very amateurish detail missed! gk

Pretty silly commercial. They talk about “MAde in USA” while wearing the Nike logo which is 99% imports from SE Asia! Makes them look amateurish to miss this detail! gk