PC Matic Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Rob Cheng - Chief Executive Officer
Corp Website: pcmatic.com

PC Matic Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest PC Matic Complaint

Is PC Matic a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Computer Software Directory ListingPC Pitstop LLC ListingResponse From Company

They Are Always Calling For More Money

they called me and told me my computer was about to crash they got in my computer and showed me all my errors and said they could fix it they did a little fixing and then asked for money. I paid over 300.00 for a life time virus protection plan in August 2014.

Then in September they called me again for more money because they said something else went wrong, I paid 120.00.

Then in October they called me again for 145.00 for something else that went wrong. I didn’t pay this time because I was told by my uncle this was a scam.

Search For More PC Matic ComplaintsFile a Complaint About PC Matic

Official Responses from PC Matic

By: Rob Cheng On: June 7, 2013

PC Matic is developed and supported by PC Pitstop – a reputable company that has been around for more than 12 years and been on the forefront of the fight against malware and computer safety. PC Matic has recently received the highly respected VB100 Anti-Virus Certification.

We welcome all feedback and will publicly respond to any specific concerns regarding the operation of our products that are supported by screenshots or facts that we can researched.

The PC Matic product support team is available via the link below:

By: PC Matic On: February 18, 2013

Your $49.99 has been refunded as requested.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact our customer support team directly through the link below:

10 Most Recent PC Matic Complaints

More About PC Matic

PC Matic is run by pcpitstop.com which offers PC scans and solutions for common PC problems.

Consumer Comments For PC Matic

• PC MATIC SUCKS……SUCKS…..SUCKS……I TRIED TO GET TECH SUPPORT TO HELP ME WITH AN ISSUE AND HAD TO E-MAIL THEM AND GOT A SORRY RESULTS…..I WOULD RECOMMEND BULL GUARD ANTIVIROUS…… THEY HAVE LIVE TECH SUPPORT…….
    DON’T BUY PC MATIC YOU WILL BE SORRY

• I NEVER had a blue screen before i installed PC MATIC in Jan and get one a month are they causing this,?? now my MSN will not connect, i thought they wer supposed to stop this happening, How can i speak to someone in English if there is NO PHONE NUMBER anywhere

• Does anyone on here that is computer savvy know how to uninstall “Total System Care”? I clicked on a link to uninstall an “ASK TV Toolbar” and it installed on my laptop! When I get on my Programs and Features, click on it and click “Uninstall” it says “You don’t have permission to complete this action. Please contact the admin. of the computer.” I AM the admin. of MY computer! Between the PC Matic DEBACLE (which I have to say, I WAS refunded my entire purchase price in one day!) and this program that I DID NOT WANT, my computer is running like it’s full of viruses and malware. It’s never run so bad. I’m now in the process of uninstalling all of PC Matic’s components but still can’t uninstall “Total System Care.” Can anyone help? Thanks!!

• Go into Task Scheduler (just type it into your search bar; RIGHT click it and “Run as Administrator.” When the Computer Management screen opens, click on Task Scheduler Library. In the center panel, it will list all running tasks. In the second panel under that, click on Actions to see what each task is set to. Go to Ask Toolbar, and ANY PC Matic or PC Pitstop item, and RIGHT CLICK it, and shut off OR preferably, DELETE.
      Then go to your Control Panel’s Programs & Features (or “Uninstall a Program” depending on your panel’s view settings) and UNINSTALL any program that is from PC Matic/Ptistop, etc, Ask, etc. In the list, you will have a column of who the software is from – pay attention to that too – you may see other things from PC Matic or OTHER similar ROGUE/BOGUS programs.

• I just had one of your technicians try to hit me up for another $200. I purchased your product and now I just want it switched over to my new computer.

• Please contact me at: 214-352-0752

• I had to change computers and now PC Matic doesn’t show up as protecting my computer. What do I do next?

• I’ve been working on Personal Computers since 1981 (32+ years). May I offer some advice here.

1. PCMatic is NOT an ALL INCLUSIVE PRODUCT that DOES IT ALL. It is a poor attempt at a good hack.
    2. PCMatic sucks, period. Rob Cheng should have a class action law suit filed against him, PCMatic and
    PC PitStop LLC for false claims and false advertising.
    3. AVG and Malwarebytes , if installed together, can handle most viruses and malware.
    4. Vipre is another great product if you don’t like AVG and Malwarebytes.
    5. If your computer gets RUN OVER with VIRUSES, YOU DO NOT have to buy a new computer.
    The Hard Drive can be restored to FACTORY CONDITION and the OS reinstalled so that its like NEW
    out of the box. If the BIOS gets infected, then yes, you would need to buy a new computer.
    6. Rob Cheng claims that the “Test” was the MOST “Prestigious” events. It’s really not. It’s one of many
    held all over the world throughout the year. He’s tooting his own horn.
    7. Trend Micro, Norton and McAfee are top heavy products and are difficult to uninstall.
    8. Rob Cheng claims his product is the only product to stop “CryptoLocker” and that is a false claim.
    Vipre is a product that can detect and stop “CryptoLocker”. There are others.
    9. Any piece of software, like PCMatic, that “Takes Over” your computer is NOT good for it one bit.

• Who is the Chinese dude on their commercial bashing all the countries in the world. What an irony. He is oriental and basing all other countries. Funny and fake commercial. Their product is junk. I rather run Malwarebyte and AVG for free from CNET.com

• Anyone that wants to advertise that they will be fully understood when selling or explaining their product gets my vote. At least when they are ripping me off I can understand them. Ever thought of that? By the way, He is not bashing the other countries of the world. He is trying to help people in this one. I read the reviews below. Most of them are advertising for another product or Liberals pissed off by the speaking English comment. Bara Bam is a major Liberal (read his blog and you will probably buy PC Matic tomorrow.

• since i got pc matic it has been a disaster and i do not know what to do, can anyone help me

• I got on their site, I was able to get a refund right away. There was another program that installed on my computer when I was trying to get rid of a toolbar, I’d previously tried to uninstall it and it said I didn’t have permission! The minute I uninstalled all of PC MATIC’S programs, I was unable to uninstall it right away, NO PROBLEM! Kinda makes me think PC MATIC was the PROBLEM, and I was unable to contact them to help me uninstall that program.
      That being said, with your comment being “a month ago” I don’t know if you can get a refund, but you can uninstall it and cut your losses or file a complaint with the BBB to get your money back.

• They just showed that cheezy commercial, I’m a server admin and PC tech for 13 years, all the anti-virus companies they supposedly beat are FREE, Avast, AVG, Windows essentials. They didn’t mention, Trend Micro or Webroot because these anti-viruses apps would kick PC matics a*s. It just seems like a sham, Windows XP is going to quit making updates were going to keep making them.. REALLY, Microsoft is going to let you the software to patch this company is full of crap.

• The REASON they didn’t show your products mentioned is because they are rated too low on the ratings list. I prefer Vipre, a much better product than most and it too was not mentioned on his list. Rob Cheng is an idiot. I got the FCC and FTC after him for his ads for PCMatic. That is why HE appears in his ads now and shows PCMatic pricing is $50.00 for 5 Computers or $10.00 a piece.

• there phone number is 843 203 0422

• Thanks for the phone number! I installed PC Matic a couple of days ago and my computer is running like crap! I also tried to get them to help me uninstall a toolbar that installed from a link I clicked on but could get NO customer support. I’ll be on the phone in the morning.

• Beware the twinkle in the eye…..that twinkle is looking at your wallet…….

• wow! these reviews changed my mind. I am not computer savvy & was looking for something good & simple,but I will stick with COMODO,it has served me well. I do dislike trying to converse with foreign technicians with whom I have a hard time understanding ,but they use a blog screen to chat so problem solved. I wanted to change because they advertise as an American co. & talk to Americans,but it sounds as though that may not be the case.

• All these ‘complaints’ here. Hmmm … as suspicious as the product itself.

• Install it on YOUR computer and see how “suspicious” the complaints are.

• I saw their ad on TV. I went to their website to check it out. I had a question on compatibility between Norton 360 and PcMatic; whether to uninstall Norton first or not. I emailed them the question twice, because they appear to not have a phone number (big red flag for me). I am still waiting for a response!! It doesn’t matter because after reading what I have read here, my suspicions are pretty much confirmed. I will probably stick with Norton 360. I have it for 7 or 8 years now and never had an issue. It cost $89.99 a year. I am going to look in to AVG Premium and Avast, however.

• you can go to amazon and get Norton 360 for less than $50.
      it is good for 3 computers.

• I just got it on Norton’s site, from an ad at the bottom of Amazon! It was the same, $49.99 for one year for three computers. I’d also had Norton for years but wanted to support an “American Business” not having a clue that “American” (Rob Cheng – do we really know?) was selling me a bunch of crap! What’s “customer support” when you have no way to contact them? WORTHLESS!!

• I installed PCMatic on my computer yesterday and am calling my Credit Card for a reversal of the charges today. There is no contact communications with anyone at PCMatic to assist in any way.

• Wow! you mean their claim to support XP is a lie. I’m glad I checked here first.

• Me too. This is why I checked this before enrolling.

• Wish I would have :(

• You know, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Your best defense against malware is common sense, use of a router, and avoidance of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. These two pieces of software are the route taken by much malware into your computer. Cut off that route by using non-Microsoft browsers and E-mail clients.

• Which browsers are non-Microsoft? Bill Gates owns the world!

• I don’t have it and won’t get it, I am a computer tech and just the statement that he writes that they will help as long as the customer having the issue can screenshot the problem or prove it throws up all kinds of red flags, and to me that tells me they are mediocre at best and are only interested in money. Most normal people who have the issues aren’t techs so how can they prove what most don’t understand, and to ask for a screenshot is the lamest kind of customer service and support. You just don’t treat your customers that way and clearly you care more about an award but here is the rub with that, when they are testing for the awards they will use their best techs and the best parts of the program there is no customers its a lab test meaning no real customers. Now if you put the same effort in your customer support you might be a d**n good company. But you don’t care about your customers apparently and that’s what counts. But I will give you a reward you just won my VBBIGFATGOOSEEGG AWARD. I can smell your stock falling now

• Stop complaining here and pick up phone and call your states attorney’s office. Shut this scam down once and for all.

• how can they "protect" Win XP ????? they claim they can with the latest adds.4/7
    I dont the the Big MSFT gave them the code do you ?

• I want pcmatic adds off of my computer and I don’t want any phone calls. Please. Every time I open the computer there is pc matic and the adds pop up when I am using the computer. This is harassment .
    I think you are giving me problems so that you can fix them. Stop!

• Scam

• Glad I checked the reviews My AVG is due to expire and will be renewing it. My computer does run slow at times but its not nothing regular maintenance wont fix. PC MATIC sounds like a NORTON registry cleaner I bought a few year ago with some other options with it. It caused more damage than it fixed. I’ll not buy PCMATIC until I see the rave reviews

• I had PC Matic installed in my computer several years ago. Their claim that your computer will run faster is a lie. Not only did my PC run half its speed but, it imbeds itself in your startup with all these annoying ads to purchase an upgrade. It didn’t take long to fry my computer. I took it in to these computer geeks near my home that build computers for businesses and they told me why I installed PC Matic. They said its the biggest scam around. A virus fried my mother board. Had to get another desktop. Stay away from this company.

• scammed twice then lol

• Hello, well NO virus can fry your motherboard. I was issued the first patent on software many years ago, and have been into computers over 40+ years. I know PC Matic is a fraud and a con, but those geeks you took your computer to also ripped you off. Sorry just had to say something.

• We were induced to believe that a download of your product was free, and nothing was said about a trial period or a yearly charge. Your product did nothing to protect my wife’s computer. Shortly after installing it her computer was attacked and the internet system was shut down. We find a $49 charge on our charge card in your files. We had to hire a Tech to come out at $50 an hour to unscramble the mess. We are cancelling our account, and will go without. You have our name and e-mail address, so you should have no accessing our account and cancelling it. Our telephone number is 906 297 6003. I expect a cancellation notice e-mailed to us.

Ralph (a disgruntled customer)

• Ive bought a lot of these registry cleaners, none of them worth the money IMO, except Regserve.

• Amazing…when I sign in pc matic is on my screen and can’t go to any web sight unless I sign up for pc-matic….almost inposible to uninstall but managed to get it uninstalled….not the best part yet…..lost access to msn and outlook. had to unplug my dsl and reboot it before I could access anything on the computer. Needless to say if it happens again someone is going hear about it big time. Amen d**k Ruff

• I puchase pc madic then they wanted 200 dollars to fix my problem

• I’ve been using PC Matic for for over 5 months and have it running on six computers. It works great. I had one issue with supershield and the tech helped me fix it. I have no complaints. I’ve used other good antivirus programs and am more pleased with the PC Matic.

• Wish I would have read these comments before purchasing also. PCMatic did NOTHING to help my laptop, even after what seemed like HOURS trying to resolve anything with PCMatic tech. Now a year of not even using that PC, they charge for renewal. Phone # listed on credit card bill for the charge is 843-628-1547. I called and left message to remove charge from credit card (no human answered). We’ll see what happens.

• i am so tired of getting riped off with companes like pc matic i can’t seem to be able to get my codes so i can see if it works i never got a e-mail after i purchached it and the one i copyed wont work pc matic i will tell every one i know you just rip people off

• ALL I WANT IS AN ANSWER AND SOMEONE TO FIX WHAT YOU HAVE DONE

• I WANT TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO WORKS THERE. YOU HAVE REALLY ANNOYED ME THIS TIME. YOU HAVE BANNED A PROGRAM THAT WE USE ALL THE TIME FOR THE PAST FOUR OR FIVE YEARS. IT’S CALLED HOYLE CARDS I WANT THIS CLEARED UP OR I WILL BE FORCED TO CANCEL THIS ACCOUNT. YOU ARE SUDDENLY JUST ASKED FOR MORE MONEY ANYWAY

• Ron Martin–I have been chasing these jokers for over a year for service with nothing to show and have contacted my card company to refuse any payments. The frustration trying to deal with them was extremely high and am glad to be out of it.

• anything advertised FREE is not free.they want your credit card and or no free deal

• wow thank you all for your comments i was so ready to order this
    I will stick to my Norton which i have been using for over 5yrs now.

• You have charged our Credit Card for $49.99 and we do not use this and do not want it. Please refund the charge on our Credit Card. You are a SCAM. We have contacted our Credit Card Company and told them to remove this charge.

• I have not had pcmatic for quite some time now but yet today they took 49.99 dollars out of my account for a renewal fee that I did not request to renew.

• Best ane easiest way to stay secure and have No computer downtime is to install Ubuntu Linux 12.04 or in April 14.04. I have used Ubuntu for almost six years and have never had virus or malware issue and no down time and have not spent a penny for anything> Programs are free in the Ubuntu Software Center. Easy to use too!

• So very happy I read these reviews before I tried PC-Matic…Thank you to everybody for sharing their experieces!!

• People all you need is Microsoft security essentials for your virus protection, superantispyware or Malewarebytes free editon for your spyware stuff. Those will usually remove all your issues and all the start up crap that is called spyware. DO NOT BUY THE PC CRAP ABOVE THAT THEY ADVERTISE ON TV. AND DON’T GO TO THE GEEKS AT BEST BUY. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY. Hell I charge less than $50 and always solve the issue. Just need to know what to look for.

• I purchased PC MATIC,installed, my computer is SLOWER, I ,would like to cancel and get my money back, I plan on contacting the TV company advertising this program,indicating this program seems to be a scam

• Suck it up and remember your daddy’s warning: "If it seems too good to be true…"

• wow. to be honest whatever they did actually made a difference. for a few days. then all the problems that were fixed returned with a vengeance. sucks to get ripped off. I too attempted to get support after the fixes flopped and i’m getting zip back from them.
    i’m going to file a complaint with the BBB.
    note to self: fairy dust solutions – avoid them
    probably time to upgrade the laptop anyway

• Everyone turn this company in to your State Attorney General, and get it put out of business.

• But "the flowers are on the house". If they are really honest they would post the costs after the "free download".

• I sent three e-mails to PC MATIC for help with a problem and have had no reply!!!

• I purchased pcmatic and am not able to download it on my computer and I am connected t

• I saw the commercial on TV about this company and downloaded it.. I am so stupid for not looking online about them first but that’s what they are hoping for. It has done nothing but play havoc on my system and will have to send my pc to a repair man to fix. thank god I didn’t pay for it after downloading.

• If everyone who bought this product, they should contact their Better Business Bureau and their State Attorney General. With enough complaints, the company can be put out of business, but everyone involved must report them.

• Dear Mr. Cheng:

In early June, I purchased PC Matic to enhance the performance of my computer. I thought I had properly downloaded and run your program. About two weeks later I received an email from PC Matic indicating that I had not run the program. I tried twice and wrote an email to PC Matic. I was provided with instructions to follow. I went through the prompts, but at the end there was a bar I couldn’t get beyond. I wrote an email explaining the problem and requested someone to call me. No one did. Since there was no good faith effort on PC Matic part to help me run the program, I called my credit card company and stopped payment to your company. I was satisfied at that point.

However, I soon notice all sorts of problems with my computer. I found it necessary to hire someone to fix my computer. The technician had to change many things in my computer to get it working to an acceptable level. The technician also told me that my computer was attacked purposefully by programs sent by PC Matic. My computer is so infected by viruses that it is beyond repair. I have found it necessary to purchase a new HP desktop computer.

Based on what the technician told me, I am going to hire a forensic computer expert to verify that my computer was intentionally, knowingly and willfully sabotaged by PC Matic. If this is the case, I am going to the Bucks County District Attorney and swear out a complaint of criminal mischief and conspiracy against you, as the CEO, and your employee who attacked my computer.

Sincerely,
    Joseph M. Downs

• How did you get this fixed? I do not have a phone number or any way to reach them .Have paid for it but computer slower than before.

• You should of turned them into the Better Business Bureau and also your state Attorney General.

• I love PC Matic…. Because I am a Computer Tech…And after you get Bent-over.. I will be working on your Computer. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM.

• This is why I use Linux, No Virus in a Linux OS

• Hi there I am from Australia, this time I am watching this cooking related video at this web page, I am genuinely happy and learning more from it. Thanks for sharing.

• CCleaner
    Wise Care 365
    Advanced System Care 6
    Baidu PC Faster

All good and free

• A simple, cheap, and effective solution to speed up your computer:

1. Store your important documents, pictures, music, and random downloads to a cloud service such as Dropbox or SkyDrive.
    2. Reformat your hard drive
    3. Reinstall your operating system
    4. Minimalize your software installs by only installing those that you actually use
    5. Do this once a year
    6. If your computer still has issues after all of the above, then the root of the issue may be hardware related.

• Cloud recommendation is poor. How do you get to your files if your ISP is down for any reason?

• Pcmatic has shown me that these "services" are pretty much bogus. I noticed a little improvement at first, but, I still have to restart at least 5 times a day. save your money. Scale of one to 10……I give it a one.

• When I first saw this commercial, my friends thought it was be the death of the computer technician. I said, yeah right, if this product is so good, computers would last forever and everybody would download it. Guess what? For the money you would waste on this giant piece of crap software, you could hire a computer technician to do it for you and save money over what PC matic truly costs. You could get a brand new laptop at Walmart for less than PC Matic truly costs. I can’t honestly believe that most computer guys are liberal Obama loving Democrats, because they are generally complete morons who download PC Matic and expect Hope and Change for free.

• A little rough, but I agree 150%! How are they still in business???

• This is a scam. As others have had just invest in a good external hard drive (newegg.com) or purchase an online backup service. Both are cheap and have their own pros and cons.

There are plenty of free software out there to keep your computer virus/spyware free. Avast has a free edition and Microsoft Security Essentials is pretty decent and comes with most newer computers. CCleaner is decent to clean off the garbage on your computer. However nothing will replace good PC habits such as not downloading garbage from the net or falling for some scam email.

• I got a free download. The first thing it told me was that my computer was in the bottom half of being good. My computer is only a few weeks old and I have only been to a movie data base site and a site to get baseball standings. The rest of the time I use it to copy karaoke disks. So my computer is not as cluttered as they claimed. I smelled a rat and didn’t waste my money. My internet provider is offering me a free virus program so will go that route.

• PC Matic is crap and s**t all in one free my a*s it may be free to download to your computer but there is a high price to pay in order for it to get into your computer and another high price to get it out of your computer.__If you got any brains at all listen to there avertisment closely then you will see how much brains went into this advertisment ther all a*s holes and liers.

• And with PC Matic you can throw your money right in the garbage(for a "small" fee)!

• You would do a lot better if you eliminate the bathroom talk and give specific examples of the problems. Otherwise you lack all credibility.

• Any idiot that falls for this very obvious scam is probably the same reason we have incompetent political party leaders in this country. Good god people what happened to common sense?

• I paid pc matic 49.99 and then I restored my pc to an earlier date and the PC Matic icon disappeared .
    How do I get it back ???????????
    hford1@bentoncountycable.net Please reply , H. Ford1

• Don’t! (See above comments.)

• i am very sorry to tell you that tis sofweare did not work on my system like you say it would i an verry disappoint in it. i call you early and spoker to a service agent and he try to sell me a service agreement to get the sefore were to worh that he had to manual clean my systen for 119.00 then he reduce it to 79.00 sorry that is wrong to tell people that you pc matc soferwere did not clean or run or set up on my computer..
      please reply to my email address epywillians@yahoo.com
      from
      elijah williams

• Can it be possible Anyone of sound mind would purchase this schlok after viewing PCmatic’s Horrible TV Commercials….? Can it be possible…? …sadly the Same idiots that bought PCCrap.com bought ‘Hope and Change’, we are doomed. ha.

• Bring back the daughter/father duo commercial!! Your other actors are awful!!!

• I love PC Matic it has truely brought me so much more work from the idiots that installed it on their computers. Please keep up the scam…

• Goodness me…. I almost signed up

• I am a certified computer tech, don’t ever buy an "online" service, tech’s use online services because they know how to use programs and scanners that are availible on line. I don’t know how many times I have been called to fix computers after people got scammed by purchaseing something like this. There are programs that can scan and fix computers for free, sometimes you will have no choice but to have an experienced tech do it for you.

• PC Matic is truly a scam! Don’t be fooled by te extensive advertisement campaign if theirs!!! This company needs to be shut down!!

• Awesome f*****s

• Get CCleaner.com. TRULY Free, no hassles, works, never get spam, and it makes my PC run beautifully.

• Yes, I went to this site and it helped a lot.

• I have used ccleaner (free version) for a year, and am very pleased with it. when I buy it will be CCleaner by Piriform.com.

• Just buy an Apple, for all PC’s suck!!!! No programs work!!!!!!!!

• Works fine for me.

• Ummm… You’re not too bright, are you? Just because you’re inept doesn’t mean PCs suck. I’ve been using them since — probably — before you were born; *never* had a problem I couldn’t solve on my own. WITHOUT PC Matic, by the way. I doubt it’s of any use, and may be a scam, as many of these "fix-it" programs are. And, to @jimbritttn: It is, of course, impossible to repair hardware problems over the Internet (at least without the help of the person on the other end) but w/ remote access software it’s very possible to correct many software issues and user errors.

• WHY DOESN’T THIS "FIRM" PROVIDE A PHONE NUMBER? I have submitted (on the web) requests to stop my PC Matic service (several times) and TO STOP CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD. Any legitimate firm would provide a phone number for customers.

• Contact your credit card company. They can tell you who the biller truly is and probabley wiill have a contact number as well. Worked for me.

• I am so glad I read these comments – I’ve only been using computers for 2 years now but I have learned that no one gives anything worth having for free. The Mcaffee protection that came on my Acer was good but like so many I could not afford to renew . It took some good advice from friends , resetting some of my internet security & firewall parameters and viola’ – "Microsoft security essentials" a free download that is not overloaded with ads & crap none of us want. Now I am as fast and nearly as trash free as when I paid for protection. By the way remote servicing of pc’s is very possible, safe , and effective if the correct technician/company is chosen – it is interactive though and the tech must be allowed to access your pc , but as this is done you should supervise and always maintain control also. Try "mostlymouse pc support" Barry is a great tech!

• That is not true, your ad is false because my computer is worse that before, it is slower, it takes 2-3 minutes to start, 2-3minutes to go to my e-mail, most of the time I got "this program is not responding" even though my computer have been scanned every other day. I have been complaining every week but nothing happened. I have just lodged a complain today 5/1/13.
    This is not a good organization, those of you who are looking please look somewhere else.

• It is IMPOSSIBLE to "repair" a computer via the internet!

THIS IS A SCAM

• I have nothing to do with PC Matic but I Googled it for fun after seeing a flower shop commercial. I’m a software engineer by trade. Now I happened across your comment and just had to say, "No, sir, you are wrong."

Repairing computers "via the Internet" is possible with an array of technologies. This is not a comment about PC Matic’s merit, but just a reply to your response.

• I can second Dunlavy’s comment. I do this a lot with my client base. Sure there are some things which require a visit like adding memory, accessing the internet or blowing out the dust. If I can see my client on my remote desk client (LogMeIn), I can make sizable improvements and periodically monitor the computer’s health.

• I’m glad you commented because I was going to send a flurry of remote tools his way. Granted, your internet connection cant be messed up. As many of these posted have already stated, there is nothing like someone that knows what there doing, digging around and fixing the problems.

• Buy an external hard drive. save the stuff you want and reformat your pc ,you can get a 1 terabyte for the same price if not cheaper than all this crap software that claims your PC will run faster blah blah blah.. just remember after you reformat your PC get a good anti-virus program from the start. it will save you alot of headaches

• Just spent $170 to have my computer professionally cleaned of all the ‘junk’ that PcMatic doesn’t get. It took 2 geeks almost 3 hours to get my mess fixed. I’m very disappointed!

• does neone have a phone number

• i would of charges $40

• ESET Nod 32 has a free online scanner that’s well worth your time. No charge but it doesn’t protect real time. For that use M$ security essentials. Nod will find and kill and remove all virus etc. While Microsoft free anti virus program is better than nothing and better than any other free software I would run the free Nod online scanner once a week. If you bank with your PC then PAY FOR REAL PROTECTION Google ESET NOD 32! McAfee and Norton are other software just not for me.

• terrible product, my PC is more screwed up now then before, wish I had read this comment page before I ordered it – removed program and am going to try and get my money back, they should not be allowed to advertise this scam.

• I have seen the advertisement on tv…the man at the flower shop. Nowhere have I noticed in small print during the advertisement that there is a charge. Of course, I would think there would be after their free computer check. Deceptive advertisement is what it appears to be. We thought about giving it a try, but not after reading comments.

• When I fell for this scam I was told it covered five computers in my home. We have a desk top and a lap top. I have yet to figure out what they have done for the desk top. The only thing that tthey have done for the lap top is to have a pop-up at varying times and asking if I want PCMatic to search the computer for viruses, all for only $49.99 after I had already paid. I thought that I was scam proof but now I see that I am not the only one that fell for this scam.Now I really am scam proof !!!!

• PC Matic is nothing more than smoke and mirrors! It is not user-friendly and has not improved my computer. It is the 2000’s version of Carpetbaggers. It costs $49.99 for this dead puppy. I highly suggest that everyone stay clear of this inferior product.

• theres nothing like a human to make sure its cleaned correctly. I have found that the internet is about money: remember NO ONE gives anything away for free in America. And if its free there is always a catch. someone has paid thousands of dollars to make software, why would they just give it away?

• Saw the advertisement on TV about PC Matic many times and was convinced…..so I downloaded the "free download", and all I got was an immovable part of the PCMatic screen that wouldn’t move or do anything…..I immediately removed it, uninstalled it, cause I was in fear that the program would damage my computer….Also, since this was a free download, (which I removed immediately, within 5 minutes, anyway when it didn’t work), I should not be charged without my consent through any means of payment, as noticed in other people’s comments…..I agree with the majority that this was a total scam, and I feel like this was deceiving advertisement….

• this stinks bad I will never purchase this crap again! PC Matic!!

• Please unsubscribe me from pcmatic. Thank you.

• No help. Computer is n o faster and still freezes up. Removed program and will try to get my money back. Probably not, but I’ll feel better.

• Elizabeth: We attempted to contact you via email on Feb 11, 2013 regarding your concerns. Please reply to that message or feel free to contact our customer support team through the link below for further assistance: http://pcmatic.com/service.asp

• Thank you for posting a comment on Complaint List.

I’m sorry the software did not work out for you. Your order has been refunded and the automatic renewal shut off.

Please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to settle on your end.

I hope you will continue to visit our site, and thank you for trying our product.

• Well I can tell you that "MY Clean PC. com is NO BETTER! I paid their $39 price as advertised, downloaded the software and wasn THEN told my PC had "too many" errors for the software to repair. Oh they wanted to repair if alright, …they just wanted an ADDITIONAL $200 to do it. Complete scam!

• This kind of garbage on TV ads is pure snake oil. I’m a computer repair tech and see this kind of trash advertised all the time. STOP spending money on this trash and find a good tech to fix your PC’s… All this junk does is take your money and make your PC worse off than before…

• We are a reputable company that has been around for more than 13 years. We offer free full tests on our website and software that can be purchased to help improve a computer. PC Matic is far and away the best and most complete program on the market for computer maintenance, as well as providing a leading edge security solution in SuperShield. The vast majority of our customers love PC Matic and renew their subscription every year, as well as many professional technicians purchase commercial licenses to use PC Matic to do computer repair and maintenance. For those customers that are not satisfied, PC Matic has a 30-day money back guarantee as well as free product technical support.

• If you’re so reputable, why do 95+% of the people who comment on your product say it’s a scam? "Never get a virus again"?? That claim is clearly impossible for ANY reputable company to make. I am a computer repair technician and have seen malware on computers running $25,000 corporate virus scanners. Do you claim your product better than one costing $25,000? Incidentally, I routinely remove ANYTHING from PC Pitstop when I find it on a computer that’s in for service and the computer always runs better and faster as a result. Crapware never speeds up a computer.

• Thank you!!!

• I will never purchase this product again. I have not had the scans because they say I need my computer powered up to do it. Well the scan is scheduled for 5 GMT time, I sent an email saying I wanted to change the time and I was told if i was logged in, it would scan. I couldn’t find anywhere to change the time for the scans and the customer service was of no use to me. To say to be logged in is not true, because i was logged in and I just missed another scan and I was logged in.. Terrible product and I would recommend you don’t purchase it. I will not renew it again !!

• Your PC Matic was no Help at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do not dare to bill me

• what is the final price to fix my PC. gil martin

• Gil: A 1 year PC Matic Home subscription is $49.99 and can be used on up to 5 PCs.

• having nothing but problems with my pc with thepc matic. wantr to dienroll on the subscription and get re-imbursed .have had it about 4 weeks

• I purchased PC Matic August 8 or 9th for $.49.99.

When I scan it says 228 errors and I need to buy more PC Matic. $49.99 should cover the errors.

• If you are seeing a Buy screen that means that you are not logged in to the PC Matic program.___ Please try this:____1) Go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>PC Matic> and click on PC Matic to launch the program. ____2) Hover the mouse cursor in the lower left corner of the PC Matic screen, if the icon says Logout, click on "Logout’, then click on ‘Login’. If the icon says Login, click on ‘Login’____3) At the login screen enter your email address that you used to purchase the program and the password linked to that email address. If you need a password lookup, you can do that from here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/email_my_passw… Click the red ‘Login’ button____5) At the top of the PC Matic window, verify that your name, email address, and license key are correctly displayed. If they are not correct, click on ‘Logout’ and login again.____6) Once the login information is correctly displayed, click on the ‘Scan’ icon. At the end of the scan click on Fix All.____If you have further questions please contact us directly through the link below: http://pcmatic.com/service.asp __

• Sirs, I subscribed to PC Matic a few months back and now the icon does not appear so I can go to the PC matic to clean my computer, can you please let me know what the problem is? Thank You, Archie McNeill

• Please contact the PC Matic support team through the link below for assistance: http://pcmatic.com/service.asp

• just uninstall it..;;;;;START” CONTROL PANEL”””ADD REMOVE PEOGRAMS… then reinstall it