Iolo Technologies Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Iolo.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: October 28, 2014

Iolo Technologies Corporate Contact

Business Name: iolo technologies, LLC.
7470 North Figueroa St
Los Angeles, California 90041 USA

Corp Phone Number: 877-857-9289
Company Contact: Julia Zamorska - VP of Corporate Communications
Corp Website: iolo.com

Iolo Technologies Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Iolo Technologies Complaint

Is Iolo Technologies a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Computer Software Directory Listingiolo technologies, LLC. Listing

Kiss My Butt Noah Rowles

Kiss My Butt Iolo Technologies – Mr. Noah Rowles (iolo Technologies  Snake)

SMP locked up, contacted IOLO customer support, gave me to a technician, wanted 199.99 to fix software problem, had to clean my computer. Technician deleted my account on my computer, which resulted in lost apps, banking, medical.

I contacted customer support again, they say they have no records of my phone calls, and never heard of the technician that they had work on my computer.

I now have to buy new hard drive and an operating system.

Consumer Comments For Iolo Technologies

• Several months ago I ran the full diagnostic of System Mechanic, Version 14, as I had gotten comfortable with the software at that point. Upon reboot, found that Windows 7 would no longer create new directories except through DOS (???). My system was working fine previously but I had wanted to see what, if any, improvements I could get. I called their help number, which reroutes to Manilla, Philippines, to see if they could assist me with fixing the problem. To my dismay, the technicians asked to access my system remotely and started Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Super-Anti-Spyware on my system. They then pointed out the errors that were found, there were a few, and then offered to fix my system for $150 US. When assessed with the cost, I stopped the call and hung-up very unhappy and upset. I thought that was what System Mechanic was for fixing problems. Funny part is that even email goes back to the folks in Manilla, so it is likely Iolo Technologies may not realize the scam on their help desk.
    I still have the issue of not creating new directories without going to DOS but it’s not a big deal. I have gone out and purchased and installed Malwarebytes and Super Anti-Spyware. I have not renewed my System Mechanic but I am forwarding this in a letter to the company. If no response, I’ll ensure to have this broadcast through the internet at large.

• I have received a Email notice from Iolo that they are going the automatically charge my credit card $29.95 to continue my service. I have never signed up for or used any Iolo product. I can not contact Iolo without setting up an account.

• Have been using their system Mechanic professional.On renewing CD was sent from Sweden all scratched up complained no response ultimately downloaded from website. Computer had 501 Malware HP had to remove them ,even after, reinfested again HP had to reinstall. This damned system does not work it is a con. They do not respond. My system expires in November still they ask for money paid for through Amex. Told then not to obtain money from America Express again do not wish to renew rubbish, which I disconnected
    Classical case of American rubbish

• I’m glad I read these complaints..This Iolo is on my Sony Vaio computer & they are trying to get me to buy it…

NO WAY NOW!!

• I have been a faithful user of System Mechanic for many years and it has generally served me very well. but more recently I have encountered some strange problems after doing a system cleanup. My complaint is that I have contacted Iolo tech support twice and both time I have been connected to some off-shore technical who only know one thing – blame the problem on something else.
    The foreign speaking technician refuses to acknowledge that the problem was caused by the use of System Mechanic and argues that the software cannot remove such things a Windows 7 gadgets. But immediately after completing a "system cleanup" you are forced to reboot your computer and then things on the desktop never reappear (even the System Mechanic gadget itself). It seems that their tech support is clueless and only knows to never accept responsibility for their actions. I will NOT be renewing my subscription any longer.

• I have received SMS from citi bank that an amount of US$ 29.95 was spent through my credit card yesterday at 5.16 PM. In this regard i have to submit that I have not requested any such purchase of service/product from iolo Tech. It is very surprise to see that the iolo tech sent debit request to my credit card company i.e. citi bank without my knowledge/permission. It is an act of highly illegal nature. If any such amount is sent by citi bank to you pl. remit the same immediately otherwise i am forced to lodge the police complaint against you.