PC Update Support Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Consumer Ratings Data

Average Rating: 1.00 of 5
Based On: 3 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About PC Update Support

Taking the scam to a higher level-time

I purchased a new notebook, and was unable to connect to my existing network which was accessible with my current laptop. I contacted 1-800-896-8394. I was told by
*Robert* with a foreign accent, my system had been hacked. He told me I would not be able to access the new notebook, until he fixed the problem. He also told me that had I connected to the new notebook, the hacked information would be transferred to my notebook. We did the connect procedure, where he was trolling through my files.

The process never advanced much through my files, downloads, etc. After an hour, I wald it was *fixed*. I turned on the notebook, and I was still told I had no network available. I was transferred to his supervisor, *Mike* and he then told me I had to take my “never used” notebook to the store. I told him “This makes no sense to me”. He then sent me an e-mail to acknowledge that problem was solved. I attempted to type “it has not”-and he blocked it.

Mie then called me fom a 24 ***** number. I told him I was calling HP-and he told me not to. I responded “You cannot help me”

I logged back on my computer, and he was attempting to tell me he could fix the problem. I responded “No you cannot”

View Comments View More PC Update Support Complaints

Is PC Update Support a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

User Thoughts About PC Update Support

5 thoughts on “PC Update Support

1. My cable tv went out, I called xfinity a guy name Daniel with heavy accent (India) said Let me check your server,and i was told of Zeus Trojan. He gave me all the horrible scenarios that can happen to my account if I don't call the no.800.896.8394. The guy wanted $300.00 and the check no. I hung up the phone.

2. Talked with Sam today. He asked for a check # and claimed they are "Back Door Support" for Twitter and my suspended account would be restored in ten (10) days. These people are liars. Initially, I was told they were speaking to me from Delaware then after I questioned more deeply learned they are in India. Total idiots.

3. I just had the same problem today. They told me that I had a Zeus Trojan and that people were tracking my key strokes and that I should not use my computer for anything involving banking or credit cards. I got into an argument with a supervisor his name was John and told him I had someone look this company up while they were working on my computer because they put the fear of god into you, and told him that their were multiple complaints about them. I told him they were fraudelent because what I had clicked on was twitter support.com and they said to call this phone number and then they tell you all these things about people tracking everything you are doing. I told them I was calling Verizon and the BBB. He said well we got your twitter account working didn't we. I said you are a bunch of scammers. They ask for a check number which I also thought was strange and they want me to send them $300.00. I don't think so!!!

4. Same thing happened to me today for a Gmail problem. They identified themselves as Gmail support and then wanted to charge me for 8 computers. They did the same command prompt scan, and showed me a Zeus Trojan. They claimed they had removed the Zeus Trojan which is a root Trojan without restarting the computer. That is impossible. My in house technician came in during the conversation and called BS on them. I disconnected my computer from the internet physically by pulling the internet cable. I ran a Microsoft Security program from the Microsoft site and it found other bugs, after Charlie claimed the computer was cleaned. We downloaded a program published today to remove the Zeus Trojan on all of our computers. There was no sign of the virus anywhere. Charlie was getting upset as we questioned him. They sent an invoice for $999.95 for me to mail to them. I threatened them with legal action and notification of fraud to the Secret Service internet fraud division. I don't expect to hear from them again, but if I do, I have a couple of very good attorneys that will take care of it.

• Same here! Thought I had called Verizon email tech support (866-666-5542), I asked do you work for verizon and he said yes. Said I also had a Zeus Trojan and it needed to be fixed before he worked on my email. Transfered me to PC update ( 800-896-8394) because he said it was less expensive than bringing it to Microsoft. They did get my email back for $350.00. Still a couple of hours later the messages could not be down loaded. I finally was able to contact verizon and he fixed the whole thing in ten minutes PC update should be taken to task for how they mislead you.