PC Update Support Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Corp Website: pcupdatesupport.com

PC Update Support Ratings and Reports

Latest PC Update Support Complaint

Almost Another Victim

Same complaint as Gertrude Allen. My wife noticed a problem with her Verizon security certificate so I thought I called Verizon for assistance. I was told by the technician that I have the Zeus Trojan and that ONLY qualified Microsoft or Cisco technicians could assist me.

Amazingly, Verizon was able to directly transfer me over to them for help. They want $500 by check to repair my problem.

After 3 hours of working on the system, they have repaired nothing and are supposed to resume their assistance tonight. Although I’m supposed to have communicated with multiple individuals (certainly not in this country) throughout, they all sound like I’m speaking with the same person (Mike and Russ).

I’m glad that I found this site.

See More PC Update Support Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is PC Update Support a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Consumer Comments For PC Update Support

• Almost got me yesterday. I called Verizon for a billing error and was connected to a "tech support" person He also said that my computer had a Zeus Trojan and not to call Staples, Geek or a storefront computer company because they were not equipped to deal with this and it needed to be done immediately. He said I needed Cisco Systems and transferred me to (it turned out) was PC Update Support, LLC. This person then took control of my computer, called every half hour or so and wanted the check number of my payment ($449.95). He then added an email, in my inbox, addressed to them and from me that said I agreed to pay them. I said I would need to add "subject to my confirming their legitimacy and checking with the Better Business Bureau. THis was "sent" by them but does not show up in my sent folder. I was called them by their supervisor, who wanted to know when they would receive their check. After 2-3 hours I was able to access my computer to check on them and discovered it was a scam. scam. I would never have fallen for this if I had not been connected by a "Verizon" person after having called the Verizon number.

• My cable tv went out, I called xfinity a guy name Daniel with heavy accent (India) said Let me check your server,and i was told of Zeus Trojan. He gave me all the horrible scenarios that can happen to my account if I don’t call the no.800.896.8394. The guy wanted $300.00 and the check no. I hung up the phone.

• Talked with Sam today. He asked for a check # and claimed they are "Back Door Support" for Twitter and my suspended account would be restored in ten (10) days. These people are liars. Initially, I was told they were speaking to me from Delaware then after I questioned more deeply learned they are in India. Total idiots.

• I just had the same problem today. They told me that I had a Zeus Trojan and that people were tracking my key strokes and that I should not use my computer for anything involving banking or credit cards. I got into an argument with a supervisor his name was John and told him I had someone look this company up while they were working on my computer because they put the fear of god into you, and told him that their were multiple complaints about them. I told him they were fraudelent because what I had clicked on was twitter support.com and they said to call this phone number and then they tell you all these things about people tracking everything you are doing. I told them I was calling Verizon and the BBB. He said well we got your twitter account working didn’t we. I said you are a bunch of scammers. They ask for a check number which I also thought was strange and they want me to send them $300.00. I don’t think so!!!

• Same thing happened to me today for a Gmail problem. They identified themselves as Gmail support and then wanted to charge me for 8 computers. They did the same command prompt scan, and showed me a Zeus Trojan. They claimed they had removed the Zeus Trojan which is a root Trojan without restarting the computer. That is impossible. My in house technician came in during the conversation and called BS on them. I disconnected my computer from the internet physically by pulling the internet cable. I ran a Microsoft Security program from the Microsoft site and it found other bugs, after Charlie claimed the computer was cleaned. We downloaded a program published today to remove the Zeus Trojan on all of our computers. There was no sign of the virus anywhere. Charlie was getting upset as we questioned him. They sent an invoice for $999.95 for me to mail to them. I threatened them with legal action and notification of fraud to the Secret Service internet fraud division. I don’t expect to hear from them again, but if I do, I have a couple of very good attorneys that will take care of it.

• Same here! Thought I had called Verizon email tech support (866-666-5542), I asked do you work for verizon and he said yes. Said I also had a Zeus Trojan and it needed to be fixed before he worked on my email. Transfered me to PC update ( 800-896-8394) because he said it was less expensive than bringing it to Microsoft. They did get my email back for $350.00. Still a couple of hours later the messages could not be down loaded. I finally was able to contact verizon and he fixed the whole thing in ten minutes PC update should be taken to task for how they mislead you.

• Same here. When he gave me a web site to log on to, which started with the name download, I asked if he wanted to log on to my computer. He said yes, so I said “no way” and I hung up. I suspected something when an indian answered. I’ve heard of their scams before.