OmniTech Support Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Omnitechsupport.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: December 8, 2014

OmniTech Support Corporate Contact

Business Name: Customer Focus Services, LLC.
6380 Wilshire Blvd #1610
Los Angeles, California 90048 USA

Corp Phone Number: 800-966-9940
Company Contact: Marc Haberman - CEO
Corp Website: omnitechsupport.com

OmniTech Support Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest OmniTech Support Complaint

Is OmniTech Support a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Computer Repair Directory ListingCustomer Focus Services, LLC. ListingResponse From Company

It's a scam!

While setting up an MSN account using a relative’s Internet connection, the network name and SSID were automatically changed. I wanted to restore them to their previous designations.

I contacted Omnitech. After explaining the problem to a support tech, I was told that they understood the problem, and would need remote access to fix it. The tech messed around for a few minutes, then told me that to restore things to the way they were before, I would need to purchase a $199.00 software upgrade from them. I was suspicious, so I declined the offer, and terminated the remote access.

Later, I contacted the network router manufacturer’s customer support, and was told how to fix the problem. Omnitech’s support tech lied to me, and tried to scam me.

WARNING: DON’T TRUST OMNITECH!

Consumer Comments For OmniTech Support

• I went on line to stop Microsoft 8.1 from downloading onto my computer. I went to what I thought was a Microsoft web. I let them take control of my computer they said they could fix it. Then my computer crashed. They called me on the phone and told me I had a hidden virus. I then ( still thinking they were microsoft) let them onto my laptop. They told me they would fix my computer but it would cost $249.99. I told them I would not pay $249.99. They told me they would talk to their supervisor. They came back with they would do it for $149.99. I told them I thought they were Microsoft.They said they were world renowned experts. That’s when I cut them off. They should be prosecuted. I had to reset my computer. I know they messed up my computer on purpose

• They remotely got into my PC and permanent plan their program in my PC. Although, I told them do not leave any of their prog. in my computer. They did, and after I stop using their service since after paying $299. I found out the service was somewhat helpful depending who is helping you and most problems you can get help directly from Sony website. Anyway, after stop using the service, my PC continuing get the Omni pop up saying that my PC got viruses and need to clean up etc…. I couldn’t get rid of the messages each time I turned on my notebook. I finally fed up with it and went looking for it. They didn’t put in the control panel so you can easily remove it, but after searching and found the .exe files. I deleted them all and now I am free from Omni popping up. This is very bad… I don’t think I would recommend this service to anyone. Sony better looking into this before they started to lose bunch of their customers!

• I would not recommend, they started to fix computer and came up with a $249.00 charge. It took 4 hours and I had to stay on line with them. I had one request and they did not do what they promised.

• I used Omni Tech…I got ripped of, my computer is still not fixed…I had to put down $100.00 toward $250.00..to be paid in 30 days…Omni Tech..has so called technicians who can’t even speak English well…Omni Tech prey on people who are not knowledgeable…

• Persistent problems with the virus and malware Omni tech installed on my computer lead me to contact Microsoft Vtech and spend several hundred dollars with them. They located much hidden malware and removed a virus. They also determed that omnitech had either instigated or caused a third party to have access to my computer. Vtech said that the corruption introduced by these grifters could have crashed my computer permanently at any time. They have paid off the ripoff report and purchased a membership in the Better business bureau. This latter made it very difficult to file a report though cases are now pending with BBB and the FTC.

• I have a Dell, and the Dell Service package. One night I clicked on the Dell Service to fix some email/firewall problems. Given the choice of phone call or "chat", I chose chat. A tech came on, and it was not until the end of the conversation and the "fix", that I realized he was not a Dell tech, but an Omni tech. I continued to have problems, and went to Dell’s support team via phone. This staff informed me of malicious programs installed via OmniTech. BBB is reviewing their membership, and I have filed with the FTC.