GuruAid

Corp Website: guruaid.com

GuruAid Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest GuruAid Complaint

Refused To Honor My Second Computer's Subscription

After my 2 year subscription expired, Guruaid refused to honor my second computer’s subscription until I renew my subscription with the first computer.

They also refused to transfer my second subscription to my first computer.

At last, they refused to refund my money when I ask to cancel my second subscription.

See More GuruAid Complaints View Comments About GuruAid File a Complaint About GuruAid

Is GuruAid a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Customer Reviews About GuruAid

Consumer Comments For GuruAid

• Similar experience which started 2 yrs ago-called for a problem with my laptop and ended being unable to use the computer all day while they "repaired" it-did work for a time and they told me they would do monthly cleanup and send a report for 2 yrs for $299.00. Paid that and they called about a month later to say there was a problem but they fixed it. Did not hear from them again until recently when they called to say they could renew my subscription and give a free cleanup. (this is 2 yr later) When I said but I have not heard from you for 2 yrs and you did not do what you said, they replied that was too bad but I was supposed to call them monthly to get the service. I declined the free cleanup and renewable-surely a scam that worked for people like me!

• I called Google for a simple Gmail question. Sonu Ray said he needed to be sure my computer had the proper capacity. He showed me lots of things on my laptop (via remote access) that looked bad but, not being a techy, I can’t be certain. 90 minutes later (!) I was getting the sales pitch from him. I looked them up on BBB while he was talking and they have a C rating – not good in my opinion. When I started doing this he put his supervisor on. I declined the package – just not comfortable. Oh, and I finally got the simple GMail question answered (it was YES!!!). 90 minutes out of my life…….

• Guru Aid is horrible! I had their service for a year. Every time they went into my computer they made it much worse than when they first began to work on it and on top of that made me wait hours and hours for them to harm my computer even more! You are much better off to take your computer to someone locally. They recently called me and wanted me to renew my service. I refused and gave them an earful about how bad their service was. Stay away from this company!

• My brother who is 74 years old pensioner bought a second laptop as he has taking computer lesson and this is acquaint him with the computer and keep him busy as he lives alone.Today he googled for Kaspersky in order to install an anti virus but unfortunately he clicked onto guru aid where are listed as agents to Kaspersky and then proceeded to direct him on how to install a program that caused his computer to develop a major problem and this was a computer that had no problem whatsoever before he contacted them.They in turn asked him to pay 110 dollars to rectify a problem that did not exist before they started with this scam. My elderly brother is very new to the computer and is now very distraught with this unscrupulous company.Is there nothing that we can do to ensure they are put out of business?.

• Subodh was perfectly wonderful. He did his job as I would expect it to be done. Very good performance. GURUAID

• I am very happy with the help that the representative gives. I would like notification of any payment details or re-subscribing that is happening to letmeknow costs etc.

• VERY HELPFUL, COURTESOUS PERSONNEL..

• Appreciate the service, each time they have trouble shot my computer they have fixed it, I also appreciate how they reached out to contact me with a problem I had months ago and had forgotten about.

• I’m grateful for the assistance I received from guru aid. I’ve learned about having my computers being updated and files cleaned. Thank you.c

• Nikhil Krishnan was most helpful to me with a number of problems I was having with my computer. I am not technologically astute, and during the entire time it took for him to resolve all my issues he was always courteous, professional, and pleasant. This is the second time I have used the services of GuruAid, and on both occasions have been very satisfied with the results.

• DON’T BE FOOLED! This company is not honest or sincere. They mislead you into believing that you are speaking with your own customer service (McAfee, Norton, or whatever) and then they cause problems on your computer which in turn they sell you their services to fix. There is a extreme language barrier if you are English speaking and they use this to their advantage.

• I recently purchased a one year Annual Maintenance plan from Guruaid for $169.99. I called originally to talk to someone about my laptop that had the Free AVG anti virus protection on it. I was unable to remove the AVG program. My computer was bogging down and ads were appearing. So Guruaid fixed my computer and took off many threats and 4 viruses that were on my laptop. It took almost 4 hours from start to finish. I am now able to use my computer much better. I still have an ad that appears and another issue that I will discuss with tech support this week. I would like to try this company for one year and if satisfied with their tech help I will purchase another year from Guruaid. I am hoping that Guruaid will work with me to gain their trust and be a regular customer and offer me a special rate for coming back for another year plan closer to the time that my one year plan is due to expire. So far the people at Guruaid have been nice and helpful to me with my 2 year old laptop. I want to thank Sanket and Prashant for their good customer service and helping me to enjoy my computer with their knowledge and hard work to fix my computer so it runs smoothly and fast.

• I purchased mcafee total care and found myself stuck with having the only people who would install it being guruaid,they told me my lapp top had problem I wouldn’t be able to install any virus program.they ran avg told me this was wrong that was wrong and they could fix it warrante it for one yaer for a hundred sum dollars.after I already paid 60 dollars for mcafee program.told them to buzz off and downloaded a free virus program ,with no problem and my lapp top is up and running,im out 60 dollars.they lied and or were wrong,saying my lapp needed repairs first.this is big scam! im so angry I don’t even want to try and have them mess with desk top computer.im stuck ripped off out 60 dollars by mcafee and guruaid.

• Same scam pulled on me & I feel real foolish about it now. Only I was on the hook for about 11 hours total before I got my computer back in the condition it was prior to calling them via Kaspersky Tech Support referral… Still haven’t seen my refund, but I don’t intend on letting them walk away with it… I can’t believe these anti-virus software companies use this company to do their tech support.. I’m not through with them yet – 11+ hours of my life for nothing + $100 for the same (nothing). I don’t intend on letting them off easy.

• This site is a scam. Guruaid is a useful, extremely helpful company.

• Bollocks. You’re only putting up the negative comments on guruaid.

• RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY, Don’t walk….RUN. Not only do they not do what they say, but they take hours of your time making you wait while they supposedly are doing something. The problems come back within a day or two. Worst thing is when I wanted to cancel they tried to charge me for partial services rendered. They didn’t succeed, but got a real hassle. Then coincidentally, my computer gets hacked and my password and ID get stolen and my back account gets accessed. Fortunately, the bank did not pay and let me know. PAY ATTENTION TO THESE BAD REVIEWS, THEY ARE FOR REAL.

• I never even heard of this company til yesterday when I tried to contact Norton online because I wanted to give them an update on my new credit account. Then I was given a number that I thought was Norton and as it turned out it was Guruaid. I told them what I wanted to do and then there was this silence. The tech said he was "checking out my PC. Then after a long silence he informed me that my compu needed "cleaning up" and their was all these viruses on it. I said that I was not having any problems whatsoever with my compu and all I wanted was to update my credit card info. He then proceeded to tell me that my compu needed some serious cleaning and files needed to be deleted,etc. Would not take no for an answer. So now I am thinking I just got scammed out of 169.99 and I should have hung up on this jerk, I know, but when someone tells you that ur compu could crash because of this, what are u supposed to do?? Anyway, how do I get out of this 1yr. subscription to this company??Jerry, if u could give me any helpful info at all. greatly appreciated!

• I have used GuruAid for over a month now. They have not immediately discovered why my Dell laptop is crashing constantly, but then neither would a local expert. GuruAid used all sorts of searches and scans to try to discover what had caused my problems, to no avail. Was this their fault? I doubt it. Viruses, malware and trojans can be so elusive, plus they had to check my hardware/software and Dell diagnostics. At this moment I seem to be ok, but I would not be surprised if the same bug (65===) or something similar, was to hit me again.
    I have to be honest, GuruAid have been incredibly supportive, polite, helpful and knowledgeable and despite my getting rather fed up and irate at times, their staff have always maintained a professional courtesy. If this turns out to be a real fix, as I am desperately hoping, I shall be glad to share them on Facebook. Don’t forget, these are ordinary people doing an extraordinary job from thousands of miles away.
    I for one appreciate them.

• guru leaves me cold….

• This is an INDIAN COMPANY. operating as LESTER INC in USA.The Client base for GuruAid is in USA,Canada,UK,and Australia.They have highlited Microsoft Windows Support in their Home page and also provided a toll free number:1 855 575 5140.They take customers PC on Remote,scan their computer and show them various error’s,at times they create these issues.Aged people and people with not much computer knowledge mostly are prey. BEWARE OF GURUAID or may i say GURU with AIDS…SAY NO TO GURUAIDS!! .

(norbert_earl@yahoo.co.in)

• I am seeing a seriously bad trend with Microsoft and the so-called virus protection programs. I had similar experiences as many of the other posters with GURUAID. Yes, they are a legal SCAM upon the American public. But it is Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro, Bitdefender, and many others who perpetuate this fraud. They are the ones directing us to these VICIOUS cons.

• To the participants on this thread

a) First, by way of background, GuruAid is a division of a 30-year old U.S. company (Lester Inc, http://www.lesterusa.com) based in Branford, CT. We are a leading ( one of the top-5 in the world) independent technical support company, and our tech support division website (www.GuruAid.com) makes it very clear that we are not affiliated with any computer or software product company.

b) Second, every day we handle and successfully resolve thousands of customer inquiries. Check what our customers have to say about us on facebook. These are not canned customer satisfaction comments. We have close to 1,000 odd comments on http://www.facebook.com/GuruAid.Tech.Support

c) Third, as you can see from these comments on facbeook, while we are not perfect, most of our customers are extremely happy with our service.

d) Fourth, we are in the technical services business. Some of the issues we run into can be extremely complex and can sometimes take more than a few hours to fix. While 98 % of the time we successfully resolve the customers problem, on occasions we fall short of the standards we have set for our self.

e) Fifth, to protect our customers from such situations we have a 30-day money back guarantee. If for some reason you feel that GuruAid service is not up to the mark, we refund the service fees. All such inquiries are handled within 48-hours, there is no run-around.

f) Sixth, it appears from some of the comments on this thread that perhaps the customer experience was not up to the level that we would like. We have a Customer Relationship Management system that has data on all customer interaction. We also include an order-id with the payment receipt. It is not possible though for us to investigate such situations without more specific information (e.g. order id; phone number;).

g) Seventh, once you provide this information, we will be happy to investigate your case, and promise to respond to your concerns within 24 hours. Or if you would prefer call us at our Customer Service department try us at 1-855-GURUAID (1-855-487-8243).

Toll Free within USA & Canada: 1-855-GURUAID (1-855-487-8243) & 855-575-5140
    United Kingdom: 0800 756 2957
    Australia: 1800 156 016
    Email: customerservice@guruaid.com
    Fax: 1-203-643-2174
    Chat: http://www.guruaid.com/guruaidchat.php

• But how does one find out who to contact for a refund? I do have MS Office back but my computer is slower than ever.

• GURUAID – scammers who are posing as Microsoft, Symantec, TrendMicro, Sophos, Kaspersky, Vipre, and other reputable companies. They trick you into thinking they are actually the manufacturer’s tech support, then try to get you to sign up for their service plan for hundreds of dollars. If you google search the names lsited above along with the word "support" you will find Google ad word links to the Guruaid site. They are abusing the brand names of other reputable firms in order to trick unwary consumers. Do NOT give these posers access to your computer!!!

• Guru Aid will install some type of Malware on your computer that takes effect the moment that your year contract you have paid with them has expired. I had purchased the year contract with them for Malware protection because I didn’t know any better & the day that protection expired, low & behold my computer was infected with a virus. This company is a complete FRAUD. They have called my contact number that I provided them (which was a cell number) & they call me from INDIA. I have told them to NOT call me again & yet they continue to call me. I never had any malware on my computer to begin with but because I am not very knowledgeable with the registry & the insides of the running of the computer this company scammed me. They led me to believe at first that they were Microsoft & then I later found out that they had nothing to do with Microsoft. Please save your money & do not get involved with this company.

• 2 DAYS LATERI HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.THEY SAID MY COMPUTER WAS CLEAN.SCAMMED ME FOR $199.2 DAYS LATER MY COMPUTER WAS SLOW WITH THE SAME CRAP IN IT.THIS IS NOT THE ONLY COMPUTER AID THAT DOES THIS.I HAD CALLED ONE ABOUT 5 MOS AGO THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH MY LEGIT VIRUS PROGRAM.WHAT A RIP.THAT ONE COST ME $240.MALWAREBYTES WAS DOWN AS COSTIG $100!.I CALLED MALWAREBYTES AND THEY WERE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THEM AND ONLY COST $29 OR $30 .THEY BOTH SAID THEY WERE a*s. WITH MICROSOFT.THEY NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED BY THE ATTORNEY GENERAL.

• Pat;
    I have had much of the problems mentioned above. I thought I was talking with Microsoft Tech Support and was not told it was Guruaid until I had given them my credit card info. In 3 days I have spent over 10+ hours and while they may fix one problem the create a new one. Their so called techs are clue less and incompetent and the Management is less than honest. I have asked my credit card company to refuse payment as I believe their actions are fraudulent and I will report to both Microsoft and the BBB Stay as far away as possible

• I too thought I was calling Microsoft Help and Support and Guruaid came on and said they were the support and help for Microsoft. It took hours and hours and my computer was hacked and I did complain and they told me they would give me my money back, I followed up with my credit card company and I did
    get a full refund; but its not worth the agony of being hacked and now paying to get the viruses out of my pc.
    file a complaint with the bbb.

• STAY AWAY FROM GURUAID. I was scammed by one of their own employees who stole my information to start his own company. He had my account number and a long story about GURUAID starting another company. I am a very careful person but because he had my information I am out $278.34. If GURUAID cannot keep their own employees honest then they are not a company worth paying for. I will never associate with GURUAID again.

• They have just done the same thing to me. They led me to believe they were Microsoft and I gave them access to two computers. Via remote they searched through many files on my computer. For some reason they were particularly interested in powerpoint files. I feel completely exposed. They need to be reported, but I don’t know where to start.

I

• I renewed my contract with GuruAid this, my second, year because when I have a problem, I pick up the phone and call them. They fix it. Yes, they ask permission to take over my computer and I give them access. never had an issue. I call them for help about 5 times a year.

The people who compained in the posts before me did not go into detail about what the problem was. They didn’t say that GuruAid failed to fix their issues. The guy who cannot contact them needs to get to another computer and get their number and call them. Of course he can contact them!

• I got the issue resolved Nice & great Technicians are having the good knowledge I dint felt that they are cheating Yogendar Chavan solved my issue on 09th March was Awesome Troublesooting steps were awesome Nice Knowledge Yogendra keep gpoing all the Best

• I just had a maintenance program installed by GuruAid and my computer is still having problems and i can’t contact them to let them know about it.Now after reading this i believe i was ripped off too and i’m raging mad.It cost me $169.00 which i will probably never see again
    and i hope there is something that can be done about it.Thought i was dealing with a legitimate
    company but i’m afraid i goofed up.Wish i had seen this repeor before i invested in it.hope the Connectict police or the FBI can catch them.

• Their main company is out of India so they will never be held accountable for their actions in the USA. They have been calling me nonstop since my $169.00 yearly Malware contract expired. I too, thought that I was dealing with a legitimate Microsoft company because that is how they fraudulently represent themselves. After my contract was up to the DAY they installed malware on to my computer & then just so happened to call me that very day asking me if I wanted to renew my contract. I’ve learned that you never let anyone take remote control over your computer unless you know for sure that they are Microsoft. Really you should never let anyone take remote control over your computer, that’s what has been advised to me since my experience with Guruaid.

• Whew…Dumb me thought they were Vipre customer service…Gave control of my computer too until I realized that they were not who they said they were. I shut it down and I’m in the process of doing a deep scan…Tell you later what if any problems.

• Did they call you stating that they are from Vipre customer service. So stop thinking like that. I had a bust experience with Guruaid. I gave control of my computer they did a very good job. They told me and showed all the errors that I had and they fixed it for a very minimum price.

• im sick of trying to find a legit anti virus web site. after norton made me feel very uncomfortable i looked up the editors choice 2013 anti virus and remove site of the year. bitdefender,called the number and paid 100 dollars for the one time fix. at first i was good with the results,but then i find things on my computer that made me wonder if i just got rip off.the first thing, definitions and virus updates on my windows defender failed has not updated in a few days. then i scanned my computer with regcurepro and its saying my system problems are at a critical level,with the whole computer having nearly a thousand total problems. keep in mind i just paid 100 dollars for them to get windows defender working and i was told my pc would be 100% fixed. also in task manager a good amount of my services have stopped, when i run them they stop again.its also saying that the virtulization is disabled and i dont no enough about all this stuff to understand if this is normal but im willing to bet its not.according to the guruaid people i have nothing to worry about.can someone please help me? any info a blessing.

• I agree bob very well put

• I thought that I was calling Kaspersky customer service, but it turned out to be GuruAid. They became so hard sell to get me to purchase an extended service plan that I finally hung up on them. I initially let them gain remote access to my computer, thinking that GuruAid was Kaspersky’s outsourced customer service people. My problems may be just beginning.

• I have had alot of problems with these clowns. They charged my account for one year service on 1-7-2013 and since then they have had 5 different technicians in four days and a realistic estimated time of 11 hours watching these rookies try to fix my slow computer. I ask one of the five to delete a toolbar and they deleted my whole email account. REALLY. The salesman said that guruaid was the best. They R NOT. Well at least someone is a fan of these SO CALLED "COMPUTER TECHS". I am so sick of there incompetance that I am getting a refund. Also They cant speak english very well and cant understand english either. Very frusturating. This is the first complaint i have ever posted. They really chapped my a**. And waisted my time. Good luck with these dandys.

• I asked help on google site.’Help’ turned out to be guruaid.
    net result a disaster!

• Guruaid is a gig SCAM. He told me everything was fine. Computer started slowing down and slowing down. Checked my computer and Norton firewall was not turned on, also defender was not turned on. tried to no avail and could not get things working as they should have. Called and after ten minutes the lady kept saying that a tech would help out. I told her that under no conditions would I let them have access to my machine. After about another 10 minutes she said she had canceled the 1 year service and the money would be transferred to my bank in 3 to 5 business days. We shall see. Please note this is a scam, they also led me to believe that they were associated to Norton.

• well are not associated with any third party . we mention it very clear on first go that we are guru aid an independent tech support company which takes care of all software issue ..

in short we have 30 million happy customer & its not a scam . do refer to our website & the positive comment posted by our royal premium customer .

• No you don’t mention it on the first go. You didn’t mention anything to me and I spent half the night worrying if someone was scamming my computer. You were rude and shoving sales down my throat, while all the time I was thinking you were my tech person for McAfee. When I mentioned I was uncomfortable about what we were doing, you said, "Okay, goodbye" and hung up the phone!
        I will not get in such a situation again. I feel violated.

• Had a problem downloading MacAfee to renew my anti virus software. I was sent to Guruaid and was treated like a child by the call centre Rep. I was PUSHED and PUSHED to buy a 2 year plan with them for $199.00. The call centre guy was a shark. The tech Mohammed, was I must state, great. Solved my issues and cleaned up my computer.

• I think guruaid is best Tech support compnay..i had problem with Microsoft Outlook i called guruaid. they helped me to fix the problem within 30 minutes with Annual Maintenance Plan $399 for 3 Years where i don’t need to spend a single money on the computer..good job guruaid

• I Love GuruAid.

They are experts.

Arun is one of them

• Lisa: I had same issues with this company. I never called them before are not the good. They are pushing me to get to thier service online. I was freaking out I dont like people getting into my computer. I wont ever used them again. I totally what people saying about this company. I was so excited to get my computer for 10.00 dollar’s. I didnt understand the guy I was talking on the phone. I could done myself

• I had same issues with this company. I never called them before they are not the good. They are pushing me to get to used thier service online. I was freaking out I dont like people getting into my computer. I wont ever used them again. I totally understand what people saying about this company. I was so excited to get my computer fix for $10.00 dollar’s. I didnt understand the guy I was talking on the phone. I could done it myself to fix. I would save me $110.00. I hope they wont get my informations. Never again used this company.

• I had to let the Geek Squad obtain remote on my pc so what is the difference?

• Please people what ever you do Don’t let them gain remote access to your computer they pretend that they are working for Micro Tend do not give them any of your security keys and don’t pay them any money!

They gained access to my stored files because I thought I was working with a Trend Technician after I discovered that they were nothing to do with Trend and refused to pay for there shonky service the ph was slammed down on me and spyware was put on my computer and was picked up by a full scan first time ever That spyware has been detected on the computer

I did a full scan today and unfortunately they have been in my Safe Sync Security folder cause stupid me gave them the key and dropped spyware and a Trojan so I guess I will just have to do a full scan until I get a new key or just scrub the whole file.

Don’t trust these Guys they are bad News

• my hotmail account got hacked,so i went to the site for help…guruaid came up…they asked me what my problem was and i told them,,,they said the odds of getting it back was slim to none….meanwhile they asked if i had any other problems…i told them my start-up was very slow….they did a scan for threats and viruses…i had over 14,000 according to them,so they convinced me to buy a 1 year package for $170…after taking control of my computer,they cleaned it up or did they,,,,the next day my computer was even worse….i called them back a few days later saying i wasn’t very happy…they asked for a second chance….i called them back a week later…meanwhile,in between then,i managed to get my hotmail account back on my own…well after over 5 hours with them trying to repair it,i shut it down….don’t use thes guys