Goldmart Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Company Information

Last Updated On: August 25, 2014

Goldmart Corporate Contact

Business Name: Goldmart (LPMI)
600 E. William St #204

Corp Website: goldmart.com

Goldmart Ratings and Reports

Latest Goldmart Complaint

Don't Bet On Goldmart

Put in a modest $4k dollar order for gold an silver bullion. All listed as “in-stock, ready to ship”. Received notice 2 days later my payment had been accepted. The website says orders shipped within 7 days of receiving payment. I was assured by customer service rep that the order would arrive promptly (part of it was a gift) and I did not need to expedite shipping.

That was September third. I have spoken with customer service 4 times. Each time the order will ship the next day. Gold has dropped almost $100/oz since I bought it, birthday has come and gone, items I purchased are still listed as “in-stock, ready to ship”.

I’m glad this company operates with a US post off box. It may take some prodding from my attorney to get my order, or at least a refund. I would love to update this next week and say ANYTHING has shipped, but I think it’s unlikely.

Would HIGHLY recommend NOT doing business with Goldmart!

Craig Zlimen

See More Goldmart Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is Goldmart a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Goldmart

Consumer Comments For Goldmart

• I ordered from GOLDMART on 02/18/2014. I ordered 80 Silver American Eagles over the phone. I sent the check express mail the next day. When I ordered them the sales rep told me they would be shipped on March 05. After i ordered I belatedly looked up their reviews and I was shocked. I thought for sure I had been had, however my order was shipped on March 05 as promised and I received them on the 8th. I was very pleased with my order and have no complaints.

• My order was shipped 3 weeks after the date it should have shipped, based on their stated shipping policy. All items were continuously advertised as being in stock and ready to ship. Calls to ask about the delay yielded such excuses as a 4 day closure for the Thanksgiving holiday, bad weather preventing delivery from their depository, and my favorite, 3 feet of snow in Carson City from a weekend storm. After checking local weather reports and learning that the storm actually left 6 to 7 inches of snow, I filed a complaint with the BBB where they have an F rating. My order was finally shipped a week later, and on the shipping notification email was the note, "complaining to the bbb", so those complaints apparently do provoke a response. The package was sent by basic priority mail, with $50 insurance (for a $2500 order), and no signature required at delivery (it was simply left in my mailbox). Slow, sloppy, rude, unreliable, and deceitful describe Goldmart and I will not deal with them again or recommend them to anyone.

• Ordered 10/11/13; Received 11/30/2013. Goldmat advertises 2-7 day delivery. After multiple chats, spokesperson says 30 business days from receipt of money. If you don’t mind waiting 2 full months saving a few bucks might be worth it. I

• Received my coins this morning. Very Happy. The whole process took exactly a month to arrive at my door.

If you are in a hurry, then don’t use this company. But, if you want great prices and beautiful coins then this is the company for you. Remember good things come to those who wait…

• I finally received my order. Six to eight weeks for delivery seems the norm for the last year. I have purchased from them 10 times over 2 years and have received all my items, eventually. Since the investment in precious metals is obviously a long term one, I have not been hurt from the delay, but it is unnerving to see that the time is "in stock, ready to ship" and they don’t ship. Inquiries result in statements regarding inability to receive product from their suppliers. Hardly what I would define as "in stock." I am no longer going to buy from them as I have no desire to deal with a operation that lies to it’s customer. I like the low prices, but failing to receive one order will more than offset any savings I have experienced. Merit Gold has approximately the same prices, and probably if you establish working relationship with them they will probably match any price Goldmart has.

• Goldmart.com (Legacy Precious Metals Inc) pulled the delayed delivery stunt on me. I filled complaints on applicable forms with DOJ, SEC, CFTC, and Nevada AG. I am sure all are forwarded to the Nevada AG. It is important to clearly report that this company is using misrepresentation for sales. DOJ is interested in cyber crime as this might be if a case can be made that funds are temporarily divert for purposes other than the representations to the buyer.

The number of common complaints being filed is very important and should be done even if the transaction is finally complete…..the representations and the sellers subsequent actions matter.

BTW, when my bank called LPMI’s bank who then called LPMI to recall my wire transfer, I got a shipping confirmation in less than 6 business hours and got overnight air delivery.

• Hello, I ordered 20 silver eagles from Goldmart the night of Sunday April 14th, 2013. At the time I made my order, Goldmart stated on their website that they had the 20 silver eagles "In Stock" and "Ready to Ship". I paid $608.92 total with my Capital One credit card. The payment went through with my credit card company and Goldmart provided me with a receipt and confirmation order number showing that my order had been accepted. On Goldmart’s site at the time, they stated that it takes 2-4 business days for them to ship my order and that they would send me a notification of when my order was shipped. Well, over a week went by and I heard absolutely NOTHING from Goldmart. No phone call/message, no email…nothing. So I called Goldmart the following week on a Monday, April 22nd, 2013 to ask them if they had shipped my order yet. When I gave the receptionist my confirmation order number, she strangely put me on hold for over 10 minutes. When she came back, she told me that Goldmart had CANCELED my order due to a "mismatch" between the address I gave to Goldmart as my shipping address, and the address that my credit card company had on file. She said it may have been a wrong digit/letter somewhere that I submitted to Goldmart and that it didn’t match what my credit card had on file. So she advised me to call my credit card to find out what went wrong…so I did.
    I called Capital One Master Card on Thursday, April 25th, 2013 to find out what went wrong with my order. The service rep (Victor) told me that nothing went wrong! They received the charge from Goldmart, and Capital One Master Card approved my order; no problem. But what Victor did tell me was that Goldmart canceled the order and that Capital One did not in any way reject the charge. So, Victor at Capital One called Goldmart, with me on the line as well, for a three-way discussion to try to figure out what happened and try to resolve the issue. After a brief discussion with one of Goldmart’s reps, we (Victor and I) were put on hold so that she could get her supervisor, Thomas, to "help" us. When Thomas @ Goldmart got on the line, he proceeded to tell us a different story about why my order was canceled! Thomas told us that it was Goldmart’s merchant bank that had given them an "address mismatch code" and that my order was canceled as a result and that there was NOTHING he could do about it. The ole "blame a shadow third party" trick for the cancellation. (Pass the buck on down to some other entity.) I explained to Thomas that I was looking right at my confirmation order and receipt from Goldmart that showed precisely what my address was and everything was accurate; and that if there had been the slightest mismatch of any information I had given to Goldmart to charge my Capital One credit card, Capital One would have rejected the charge! Which they didn’t. When I asked Thomas why I was the one being punished for something that "mismatched" on Goldmart’s end, Thomas began to shout at me (and Victor) insisting that it wasn’t Goldmart’s fault. He became extremely rude and interruptive to the point that I had to shout constantly back at him at the same time. The incoherent yelling over the phone lasted a good two minutes between the two of us while Victor @ Capital One recorded it all. Then Thomas at Goldmart hung up on us. To say that Goldmart has the poorest and most disrespectful customer service team I have ever experienced is an understatement. What I suspect happened is that on Monday morning, April 15th, 2013, the powers that be at Goldmart saw what a low price I paid for my 20 silver eagles and that they were just not going to honor the order. (Goldmart almost doubled their premiums per oz of silver the next day after my order on April 14th!) Did the $608.92 charge go through on my credit card? No, but it should have. There was absolutely no fault from my end or from my credit card that caused the CONFIRMED order to be canceled. If there was a "mismatch" of my address information on Goldmart’s end and/or Goldmart’s merchant bank, then why didn’t Goldmart immediately call or email me to notify me of the problem so that I could be given a chance to pay for my order another way? Why did I have to call Goldmart to figure out why they couldn’t honor my order?? Is this legal what Goldmart did??? Is this a case of some kind of discrimination, false advertising, or fraud on Goldmart’s part? Please advise. So if any of you out there have any information and/or advice, I’m all ears. Do you think I have a case against "Goldmart"? Can you refer me to a good law firm that might find this case to be lucrative enough to execute on a contingency basis? Thank you for your help. Wallace

• It is important that you start filing complaints against Goldmart if you have been defrauded! Start with the Nevada Attorney General, download the forms at the link provided and file with the Feds online with the DOJ Internet crime unit. This is fraud, plain and simple.

• In mid-March I was assured by a GOLDMART online customer service representative "Maria" that an item I wanted that was listed on their website was in stock and could ship immediately. The website also indicated that the item was "In stock and ready to ship!". Maria assured me it would ship in a day or two. I went ahead and ordered it online. It took several weeks, endless phone calls, and they only shipped it when I told my credit card company to cancel the charge. What a headache. The GOLDMART website and their customer service reps do not tell the truth.

• You are not alone. There are numerous amount of complaints about this company. Checklout PMbug.com and see the horror stories come out from Goldmart. I too are waiting for my order. My order was on April 2 and as of today nothing. Ever time I called in, I get a different story. Lies after lies. They just cant keep track of their lies. I finally threaten them that the call was recorded they quickly hung the phone. I suggest that you keep a written record of your conversation with them as documentation. They advertised on their website as a BBB A rated and accredited in fact they are not and got a F rating. I would file formal complaints thru all legal channels. Tinmart thanks for the heads up on the agencies to file. I will be filing this Friday if I dont get a tracking No from them.

P.S. If and when you do receive your shipment make sure that you video it for inspection. As other have experienced of short shipment and of course they are denny it.

• Nick is an idiot – not sure how he could be a manager there. He doesn’t know how to treat customer, sounds like an idiot, and so rude and a big fat LIAR. All employees there are LIAR and never tell the truth. Never ever buy anything from this company. That’s probably the reason why they were out of business before they changed their name to Goldmart. Don’t get trapped with them!!!

• Dept. of Justice internet fraud unit = http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx file a complaint. Your experience is a classic case of internet fraud.

• Also postal fraud,I think its time to contact the Feds.

• File complaints with the BBB in California against Legacy Precious Metals, Inc and with the BBB in Nevada against Goldmart. Then file complaints with the CA Attorney General’s office at http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-agai… and the Nevada AG at http://fightfraud.nv.gov/Documents/NVAttorneyGene…. The US Justice Department also has an internet fraud unit but I haven’t found the contact yet.

• This is an update: I received part of my order today, what amounts to about 1/3 of my total order. Then I received a call from Nicholas. At this point I’m not sure why he called other than to harass me and to tell me I’m being unreasonable. He still is not able to tell me when the remainder of my order will ship. When I suggested that the right thing to do would be to send me product he does have in stock (Canadian Buffalo coins), he objected and then started to tell me I was unreasonable so I terminated the call. He still does not have my coins in stock. What point did he have to make? Outrageous! This company has some serious ethical issues. It would have served him better to wait until he had sent the entire order…

• I am having exactly the same problem with them. I sent my payment via wire transfer and i heard nothing back from them for almost 3 weeks. i called many times and they kept giving me the run around. now my order has shipped finally (not even overnight like they had originally agreed to) i am thinking about refusing the package and getting my fkin money back. i will call an attorney if necessary. Please update me on your status. thanks.

• I am stuck in the same situation as yours. These guys just search for answers when you talk to their agents.