Steak N Shake Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

More About Steak N Shake

Biglari Holdings Company

Steak N Shake Ratings and Reports

Latest Steak N Shake Complaint

Worst Restaurant I Have Ever Frequented!

Steak N Shake Located On Edgewood Blvd In Lansing Michigan Is The Worst Restaurant I Have Ever Frequented!!

We stopped at the Lansing Steak n Shake on Edgewood Blvd at 11:50 am. We were seated right away and served our drinks within 5 minutes. The problem started when I finally received my cup of Chili 15 minutes after our drinks. My wife who ordered 3 Chicken Tenders with Fries or my Beef Hotdog was never served!

After waiting 40 minutes for our food and not getting it, we asked to speak with the Manager of the restaurant. All she did for the next 10 minutes was make excuse after excuse. She blamed everything on the corporation, the high school kids working there, and not enough employees.

I might mention that the restaurant was only 40% full with at least 10 employees working at the time. The manager even ask us….”would you have me place your order ahead of someone else”? Just as those words came out of her mouth, the elderly couple who came in and sat down next to us, was served 2 double cheeseburgers! OUR FOOD WAS STILL NO WHERE IN SITE!

We finally decided to cut our losses and leave. We called the corporation and informed them of our experience and ALL WE RECEIVED WAS A THANK YOU FOR INFORMING THEM OF THE PROBLEM, AND NOTHING FOR OUR TIME WASTED!!
I suggest that you do not waste your time at a Steak n Shake restaurant and visit a Bob Evans or McDonalds instead. They at least seem to care about their customers!

Steak n Shake – 540 E. Edgewood Blvd Lansing, MI

See More Steak N Shake Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is Steak N Shake a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Steak N Shake

Consumer Comments For Steak N Shake

• what the Hell are you people doing trying to close all your stores. No service. No body can add or spell.
    Went to two of them here in florida and they suck beware. Where are your regional managers. you are going to go Broke
    What a Shame. look at who went out. Do you Get it. Your CEO is stupid just takeing your money

• This is not a big deal. However, I was told I could not use a coupon b/cause I did not order a drink with the
    meal. I am diabetic and cannot drink the soda. Only water. This disallows me a discount of a few cents,
    but I think it is silly.

• THIS IS THE 2ND FYI. #77 LAKELAND FL.WAS VERY DIRTY ON MY LAST VISIT. I WANT BACK 1/8 AND I DID NOT EVEN GO INSIDE EVEN AFTER THE MRG CALLED AND TOLD ME THINGS WERE BETTER.SOME ONE FROM CORP SHOULD CK IT OUT. FLOOR A MESS BLACK WITH DIRT, CORNERS FULL OF BLACK MUCK. MY NEXT STEP WILL BE TO CALL LAKELAND HEALTH DEPT

• I have known 3 different people get server jobs at Steak n Shake and been forced to quit after a couple weeks because they made NO money! This is not the place to go if you are trying to get a tipped server job. Restaurants are *suppose* to make up the difference in your $2.13/hour pay to equal minimum wage…but yeah..that never happens! Customers don’t tip here because it has a drive-thru and is viewed as being a fastfood place, and fastfood employees aren’t tipped.

• I find the recent steak & shake commercial on tv offensive….with the young man calling the older man, master. What in the heck were they thinking? Do they have no morals?

• THE SHIFT MANAGERS AT THE BRUNSWICK GA LOCATION MISTREAT EMPLOYES, ESPECIALLY THE HIGH SCHOOL AGE GROUP. I HEARD ONE OF THEM THREATEN TO SLAP A YOUNG WAITRESS WHILE DINING THERE. THEY ARE MADE TO WORK 10 TO 12 HOUR SHIFTS. ANOTHER TIME 2 SHIFT MANAGERS GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT AND ONE SLAPPED THE OTHER. HOW DOES A CORPORATION ALLOW THIS KIND OF ACTIVITY.

• At the same visit, the hash brown’s tasted like onion rings? 75th and Graham Road, 1:15 am December 14, 2013.

• At 1:15 am December 14 at 75th and Graham Road I placed an order at the Drive Through. When I received the order there was no napkins or Ketchup which I had requested when I ordered. When I tried to request some there was no one to be found.

I think this is poor customer service!

• was at steak and shake oct.28 2013 at elizebethtown ky. ordered taco salad and three way chili and two milk shakes, they got my shake messed up we had to wait for someone to wait on us . after they took our orders we had to wait about 20 minutes for our order.we enjoy eating there but unless the service gets better we want be eating there much also the bathroom was a mess. thank you betty hubbard

• My complaint is not with the food it is how unclean our SteaknShake is . It does not look like the floors have been cleaned in months. We have been 4 times this week and under the booths the same silver ware and just plain ole junk is still there. We love the food but it’s embarrassing to have people from out of town commit on how dirty it is . I do think some one from corporate should come unexpectedly and check this out .

• I don’t understand how a resturant can continue to run with a manager that does nothing to control the employees in his resturant. I have visited to this resturant (located in Danville, IL on N Vermilion st.) and each time a server named Yvonne has had words with another employee on the floor. I have been a server in the past and this is not how a resturant is ran or a desccent employee acts. I don’t get it, I do know one thing I won’t be going bact there!!!

• We went 2 nights in a row to get shakes and was told the drive through was closed due to the overwhelming customers patronizing so we needed to come inside. It took 30 mins. to get our food and we saw them cook fresh fries but we were given cold ones. The managers shirt was filthy and the restaurant was a mess. I seriously feel that something

• Steak & Shake must have changed vendors on their fry’s or Oil. Fry’s used to be awesome now they taste like they’ve been cooked in fish oil although they don’t even have fish on their menu. Please go back to the other vendor! I still like the burgers but would also enjoy eating fry’s with my burger.

• The French Fries have an after taste!!!!! What happened????
    Fries have been tasting bad for a few months now. I will not
    return until you change back to the old taste.

• It cracked me up when the kids popped up and went "whooo…hooo" after coming out from underneath the semi-truck