Steak N Shake Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Average Rating: 1.75 of 5
Based On: 7 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Steak N Shake

Jason Thill Disciplinary Action

I have been going to Steak and Shake for over a year now. I was there when the incident occurred with a couple that filed a complaint that they launched again this server. They were completely rude and took any kindness he showed them and shoved it back in his face. They were totally unprofessional and he did his best to serve them. He has represented Steak and Shake in the most professional way possible. It is totally unprofessional and uninviting that a corporate headquarters would treat one of their serves in such a manner.

I came into Steak and Shake the other day and was told that Mr. Thill was suspended from serving indefinitely. He has been seen paying for a meal for a family whose son was diagnosed with cancer. They entered the restaurant and Mr. Thill did nothing but go out of his way to represent Steak and Shake professionally to this family.

Who does that any more? Mr. Thill did and my day was so much better because of it. I don’t plan to come into Steak and Shake anymore if this type of treatment continues.

Steak and Shake 3755 S. Campbell Springfield MO 65807

View Comments View More Steak N Shake Complaints

Is Steak N Shake a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

User Thoughts About Steak N Shake

15 thoughts on “Steak N Shake

1. what the Hell are you people doing trying to close all your stores. No service. No body can add or spell.
    Went to two of them here in florida and they suck beware. Where are your regional managers. you are going to go Broke
    What a Shame. look at who went out. Do you Get it. Your CEO is stupid just takeing your money

2. This is not a big deal. However, I was told I could not use a coupon b/cause I did not order a drink with the
    meal. I am diabetic and cannot drink the soda. Only water. This disallows me a discount of a few cents,
    but I think it is silly.

3. THIS IS THE 2ND FYI. #77 LAKELAND FL.WAS VERY DIRTY ON MY LAST VISIT. I WANT BACK 1/8 AND I DID NOT EVEN GO INSIDE EVEN AFTER THE MRG CALLED AND TOLD ME THINGS WERE BETTER.SOME ONE FROM CORP SHOULD CK IT OUT. FLOOR A MESS BLACK WITH DIRT, CORNERS FULL OF BLACK MUCK. MY NEXT STEP WILL BE TO CALL LAKELAND HEALTH DEPT

4. I have known 3 different people get server jobs at Steak n Shake and been forced to quit after a couple weeks because they made NO money! This is not the place to go if you are trying to get a tipped server job. Restaurants are *suppose* to make up the difference in your $2.13/hour pay to equal minimum wage…but yeah..that never happens! Customers don't tip here because it has a drive-thru and is viewed as being a fastfood place, and fastfood employees aren't tipped.

5. I find the recent steak & shake commercial on tv offensive….with the young man calling the older man, master. What in the heck were they thinking? Do they have no morals?

6. THE SHIFT MANAGERS AT THE BRUNSWICK GA LOCATION MISTREAT EMPLOYES, ESPECIALLY THE HIGH SCHOOL AGE GROUP. I HEARD ONE OF THEM THREATEN TO SLAP A YOUNG WAITRESS WHILE DINING THERE. THEY ARE MADE TO WORK 10 TO 12 HOUR SHIFTS. ANOTHER TIME 2 SHIFT MANAGERS GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT AND ONE SLAPPED THE OTHER. HOW DOES A CORPORATION ALLOW THIS KIND OF ACTIVITY.

7. At 1:15 am December 14 at 75th and Graham Road I placed an order at the Drive Through. When I received the order there was no napkins or Ketchup which I had requested when I ordered. When I tried to request some there was no one to be found.

I think this is poor customer service!

8. was at steak and shake oct.28 2013 at elizebethtown ky. ordered taco salad and three way chili and two milk shakes, they got my shake messed up we had to wait for someone to wait on us . after they took our orders we had to wait about 20 minutes for our order.we enjoy eating there but unless the service gets better we want be eating there much also the bathroom was a mess. thank you betty hubbard

9. My complaint is not with the food it is how unclean our SteaknShake is . It does not look like the floors have been cleaned in months. We have been 4 times this week and under the booths the same silver ware and just plain ole junk is still there. We love the food but it's embarrassing to have people from out of town commit on how dirty it is . I do think some one from corporate should come unexpectedly and check this out .

10. I don't understand how a resturant can continue to run with a manager that does nothing to control the employees in his resturant. I have visited to this resturant (located in Danville, IL on N Vermilion st.) and each time a server named Yvonne has had words with another employee on the floor. I have been a server in the past and this is not how a resturant is ran or a desccent employee acts. I don't get it, I do know one thing I won't be going bact there!!!

11. We went 2 nights in a row to get shakes and was told the drive through was closed due to the overwhelming customers patronizing so we needed to come inside. It took 30 mins. to get our food and we saw them cook fresh fries but we were given cold ones. The managers shirt was filthy and the restaurant was a mess. I seriously feel that something

12. Steak & Shake must have changed vendors on their fry's or Oil. Fry's used to be awesome now they taste like they've been cooked in fish oil although they don't even have fish on their menu. Please go back to the other vendor! I still like the burgers but would also enjoy eating fry's with my burger.

13. The French Fries have an after taste!!!!! What happened????
    Fries have been tasting bad for a few months now. I will not
    return until you change back to the old taste.