Steak N Shake Reviews and Consumer Complaints

Company Contact: Sardar Biglari - CEO
Corp Website: steaknshake.com

Steak N Shake Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Steak N Shake Complaint

Is Steak N Shake a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Chain Restaurants Directory ListingSteak 'n Shake Operations Inc Listing

Here's your check

My friend and I ordered drinks and food, and the waiter brought our drinks and the check. Later our Food came but she never came back to check on us, see if we need anything.

Worst service we have had at steak and shake!

Also one of the waitresses went to window where they make shakes and started yelling loud at a person, I was set back cause it was close to where we where seating.

Steak and Shake – Mahomet Illinois

Most Recent Steak N Shake Complaints

More About Steak N Shake

Biglari Holdings Company

Consumer Comments For Steak N Shake

• burt

the steakenhake restaurant on route 441 in leesburg fl needs some one who can manage it.10 minute wait to get seated.10 minutes for waitress.6 dirty tables & no one would clean them till they needed the table.a lot of people got up and left, they got tired wating to order.my wife orderd a milkshake with her meal and never did get it as we we’re done eating and ready to leave.the manager never did come out on the floor to see what was going on,i guess he lets the place run itself.

• Mj shaw

Today we went there a party of 8 when orders finally came three was wrong and Never got 3 malts. Waited. 10 minutes for our drinks.only since one hamburger back didn’t want to wait any longer. This was the Midwest city ok..store

• Don

Your hamburgers are not any good if you don’t PUT THE BOARDS ON THE BUNS while they are on the grill. Do not put butter on the buns, just put the boards on the buns while they are on the grill. Thanks.

• David Corbin

I was at a steak and shake in kokomo, indana on highway 931. my wife and I both ordered sundays, she ordered a hot f***e and I ordered a chocolate sunday. my wife got a sunday in a proper glass, I got a single scoop and was told by the manager that chocolate sundays are not on the menu and that was the she could do. my wife and I have both worked in the food lndustry. if you have the product available you sell it and it would have more profit than a hot f***e. you need to explain what the term bottom line means. If some comes in and orders something not on the menu and doesn’t care about cost, I’am going to send someone to the store

• kenneth rogers

went to store on ILLINOIS Road in Ft. Wayne, In. waited 1/2 hour for a take out order, guy calls out the food order as he hands it to me. Calls it out correctly, I get it to where I’m going, ordered for 4 by the way, and they left out 1 whole order. How dom you do that when you read it off correctly? called and talked to someone and they asked if I wanted a manager, when I said yes, they laid the phone on the counter, and 5 min later I hung up because the manager obviously didn’t give a s**t any more than the employee. I filed a complaint on their website, but not to optomistic about results, find another place to eat.

• John F Jones Sr

what the Hell are you people doing trying to close all your stores. No service. No body can add or spell.
    Went to two of them here in florida and they suck beware. Where are your regional managers. you are going to go Broke
    What a Shame. look at who went out. Do you Get it. Your CEO is stupid just takeing your money

• jlmabry

This is not a big deal. However, I was told I could not use a coupon b/cause I did not order a drink with the
    meal. I am diabetic and cannot drink the soda. Only water. This disallows me a discount of a few cents,
    but I think it is silly.

• WARREN GOLDSWORTHY

THIS IS THE 2ND FYI. #77 LAKELAND FL.WAS VERY DIRTY ON MY LAST VISIT. I WANT BACK 1/8 AND I DID NOT EVEN GO INSIDE EVEN AFTER THE MRG CALLED AND TOLD ME THINGS WERE BETTER.SOME ONE FROM CORP SHOULD CK IT OUT. FLOOR A MESS BLACK WITH DIRT, CORNERS FULL OF BLACK MUCK. MY NEXT STEP WILL BE TO CALL LAKELAND HEALTH DEPT

• Jenn

I have known 3 different people get server jobs at Steak n Shake and been forced to quit after a couple weeks because they made NO money! This is not the place to go if you are trying to get a tipped server job. Restaurants are *suppose* to make up the difference in your $2.13/hour pay to equal minimum wage…but yeah..that never happens! Customers don’t tip here because it has a drive-thru and is viewed as being a fastfood place, and fastfood employees aren’t tipped.

• Susan

I find the recent steak & shake commercial on tv offensive….with the young man calling the older man, master. What in the heck were they thinking? Do they have no morals?

• Jill Sadowsky

I absolutely agree. It’s rude, tasteless and offensive.

• Alice John-Ford

I’ve always had issues with that commercial and the other commercial where the big ape in red pushing the smaller guy that is supposed to be his slave. I don’t like any of these commercials with these 2 guys and the parts they play. These commercials would have been taken down a long time ago if the big ape called the master had a black slave. They should be taken down anyhow because this master/slave thing bothers me.

• LAURA

THE SHIFT MANAGERS AT THE BRUNSWICK GA LOCATION MISTREAT EMPLOYES, ESPECIALLY THE HIGH SCHOOL AGE GROUP. I HEARD ONE OF THEM THREATEN TO SLAP A YOUNG WAITRESS WHILE DINING THERE. THEY ARE MADE TO WORK 10 TO 12 HOUR SHIFTS. ANOTHER TIME 2 SHIFT MANAGERS GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT AND ONE SLAPPED THE OTHER. HOW DOES A CORPORATION ALLOW THIS KIND OF ACTIVITY.

• David Sapp

At the same visit, the hash brown’s tasted like onion rings? 75th and Graham Road, 1:15 am December 14, 2013.

• David Sapp

At 1:15 am December 14 at 75th and Graham Road I placed an order at the Drive Through. When I received the order there was no napkins or Ketchup which I had requested when I ordered. When I tried to request some there was no one to be found.

I think this is poor customer service!

• betty hubbard

was at steak and shake oct.28 2013 at elizebethtown ky. ordered taco salad and three way chili and two milk shakes, they got my shake messed up we had to wait for someone to wait on us . after they took our orders we had to wait about 20 minutes for our order.we enjoy eating there but unless the service gets better we want be eating there much also the bathroom was a mess. thank you betty hubbard

• Joan

My complaint is not with the food it is how unclean our SteaknShake is . It does not look like the floors have been cleaned in months. We have been 4 times this week and under the booths the same silver ware and just plain ole junk is still there. We love the food but it’s embarrassing to have people from out of town commit on how dirty it is . I do think some one from corporate should come unexpectedly and check this out .

• Sheri

I don’t understand how a resturant can continue to run with a manager that does nothing to control the employees in his resturant. I have visited to this resturant (located in Danville, IL on N Vermilion st.) and each time a server named Yvonne has had words with another employee on the floor. I have been a server in the past and this is not how a resturant is ran or a desccent employee acts. I don’t get it, I do know one thing I won’t be going bact there!!!

• Tonya

We went 2 nights in a row to get shakes and was told the drive through was closed due to the overwhelming customers patronizing so we needed to come inside. It took 30 mins. to get our food and we saw them cook fresh fries but we were given cold ones. The managers shirt was filthy and the restaurant was a mess. I seriously feel that something

• G. Fernandez

Steak & Shake must have changed vendors on their fry’s or Oil. Fry’s used to be awesome now they taste like they’ve been cooked in fish oil although they don’t even have fish on their menu. Please go back to the other vendor! I still like the burgers but would also enjoy eating fry’s with my burger.

• Hilda Stephens

The French Fries have an after taste!!!!! What happened????
    Fries have been tasting bad for a few months now. I will not
    return until you change back to the old taste.

• Robert

It cracked me up when the kids popped up and went "whooo…hooo" after coming out from underneath the semi-truck