Steak N Shake Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Sardar Biglari - CEO
Corp Website: steaknshake.com

Steak N Shake Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Steak N Shake Complaint

Is Steak N Shake a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Chain Restaurants Directory ListingSteak 'n Shake Operations Inc Listing

Watching my food get cold on the counter

I hadn’t been to Steak ‘n Shake in a few weeks because had been sick. So after work I went to get me a # 14 with no lettuce or onions and fries with no salt. I didn’t mind waiting the twenty five minutes in line even though I was third in line to make my order. I finally get up there and a voice asked what I would like. I said I will take a #14 with no lettuce or onions and no salt on the fries.

I didn’t get a response for about 1 1/2 minutes. The guy come back on and said you want a #14 and do you want ketchup. I said I want everything except lettuce and onion. He said you want mayo, tomato, ketchup, mustard and pickles. Is that all? I said would like fries with no salt. He said ok. never came back on so when the line finally moved I noticed that the first window was closed where you pay.

So I finally get up to the second window to pay and I see the guy trying to take an order. I looked towards the back and they put my sandwich and fries in a bag. I sat there a few minutes thinking about my food getting cold. All of a sudden a boy opens the window and smiling said we just lost all our power, as I was about to ask him if I should go or stay he shuts the window. He come back to the window and said I don;t know what to tell you. They are getting the manager.

The power outage lasted about 2 minutes all the while my food was still sitting there. Finally a woman wearing a short black leather jacket puts on the head phone opens the window and said have you paid? I said no but my fries are getting cold and she said we had a power outage. I said I know that but I don’t want cold fries. Thinking this not my fault and they don’t care.

Finally the women opens the window takes my card hands it back and gives me the bag that has been sitting there. I only live a few blocks away. Got home and sure enough the fries were cold and the steak burger was cold and the ends of the burger were over cooked. I realize I only spent $4.27 cents but it’s only me and I was very patient to say the least. I never heard I’m sorry or we will get you anther order.

The number of the Steak ‘n Shake is 1261261. 4/2/15. 5:05:55pm.order #614592. Name Samuel. Sorry to say I won’t darken these doors for a while.

Steak n’ Shake # 1261261 – Hart St Vincennes IN 47591 | 812-316-0100

25 Most Recent Steak N Shake Complaints

More About Steak N Shake

Biglari Holdings Company

Consumer Comments For Steak N Shake

• what the Hell are you people doing trying to close all your stores. No service. No body can add or spell.
    Went to two of them here in florida and they suck beware. Where are your regional managers. you are going to go Broke
    What a Shame. look at who went out. Do you Get it. Your CEO is stupid just takeing your money

• This is not a big deal. However, I was told I could not use a coupon b/cause I did not order a drink with the
    meal. I am diabetic and cannot drink the soda. Only water. This disallows me a discount of a few cents,
    but I think it is silly.

• THIS IS THE 2ND FYI. #77 LAKELAND FL.WAS VERY DIRTY ON MY LAST VISIT. I WANT BACK 1/8 AND I DID NOT EVEN GO INSIDE EVEN AFTER THE MRG CALLED AND TOLD ME THINGS WERE BETTER.SOME ONE FROM CORP SHOULD CK IT OUT. FLOOR A MESS BLACK WITH DIRT, CORNERS FULL OF BLACK MUCK. MY NEXT STEP WILL BE TO CALL LAKELAND HEALTH DEPT

• I have known 3 different people get server jobs at Steak n Shake and been forced to quit after a couple weeks because they made NO money! This is not the place to go if you are trying to get a tipped server job. Restaurants are *suppose* to make up the difference in your $2.13/hour pay to equal minimum wage…but yeah..that never happens! Customers don’t tip here because it has a drive-thru and is viewed as being a fastfood place, and fastfood employees aren’t tipped.

• I find the recent steak & shake commercial on tv offensive….with the young man calling the older man, master. What in the heck were they thinking? Do they have no morals?

• THE SHIFT MANAGERS AT THE BRUNSWICK GA LOCATION MISTREAT EMPLOYES, ESPECIALLY THE HIGH SCHOOL AGE GROUP. I HEARD ONE OF THEM THREATEN TO SLAP A YOUNG WAITRESS WHILE DINING THERE. THEY ARE MADE TO WORK 10 TO 12 HOUR SHIFTS. ANOTHER TIME 2 SHIFT MANAGERS GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT AND ONE SLAPPED THE OTHER. HOW DOES A CORPORATION ALLOW THIS KIND OF ACTIVITY.

• At the same visit, the hash brown’s tasted like onion rings? 75th and Graham Road, 1:15 am December 14, 2013.

• At 1:15 am December 14 at 75th and Graham Road I placed an order at the Drive Through. When I received the order there was no napkins or Ketchup which I had requested when I ordered. When I tried to request some there was no one to be found.

I think this is poor customer service!

• was at steak and shake oct.28 2013 at elizebethtown ky. ordered taco salad and three way chili and two milk shakes, they got my shake messed up we had to wait for someone to wait on us . after they took our orders we had to wait about 20 minutes for our order.we enjoy eating there but unless the service gets better we want be eating there much also the bathroom was a mess. thank you betty hubbard

• My complaint is not with the food it is how unclean our SteaknShake is . It does not look like the floors have been cleaned in months. We have been 4 times this week and under the booths the same silver ware and just plain ole junk is still there. We love the food but it’s embarrassing to have people from out of town commit on how dirty it is . I do think some one from corporate should come unexpectedly and check this out .

• I don’t understand how a resturant can continue to run with a manager that does nothing to control the employees in his resturant. I have visited to this resturant (located in Danville, IL on N Vermilion st.) and each time a server named Yvonne has had words with another employee on the floor. I have been a server in the past and this is not how a resturant is ran or a desccent employee acts. I don’t get it, I do know one thing I won’t be going bact there!!!

• We went 2 nights in a row to get shakes and was told the drive through was closed due to the overwhelming customers patronizing so we needed to come inside. It took 30 mins. to get our food and we saw them cook fresh fries but we were given cold ones. The managers shirt was filthy and the restaurant was a mess. I seriously feel that something

• Steak & Shake must have changed vendors on their fry’s or Oil. Fry’s used to be awesome now they taste like they’ve been cooked in fish oil although they don’t even have fish on their menu. Please go back to the other vendor! I still like the burgers but would also enjoy eating fry’s with my burger.

• The French Fries have an after taste!!!!! What happened????
    Fries have been tasting bad for a few months now. I will not
    return until you change back to the old taste.

• It cracked me up when the kids popped up and went "whooo…hooo" after coming out from underneath the semi-truck