Steak N Shake Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Sardar Biglari - CEO
Corp Website: steaknshake.com

Steak N Shake Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Steak N Shake Complaint

Is Steak N Shake a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Chain Restaurants Directory ListingSteak 'n Shake Operations Inc Listing

Myself, my husband, my daughter and work

A couple of years ago, when my husband was eating at Steak N Shake, when e was eating sundae and he chewed something crunchy. He swallowed some then took a piece out of his mouth. He showed the waitress who told him it was crystalized ice cream. He decided to eat more but this time found another piece and it really WAS glass. There were other pieces in the sundae. He had a sore throat for several days from the first piece scratching it. They didn’t even compensate him for it.

When our work place goes to Steak and Shake for our order is messed up EVERY TIME and someone has to go back to get the order corrected so employees won’t go there anymore.

My daughter called Steak N Shake from her cell to place an order. She waited a few minutes at her house still on hold and then drove there. No one EVER came back to the phone for her entire trip there which was 20 minutes. She told them to hang up their phone because she had arrived there and decided not to place her order and was going elsewhere.

This week I went to the drive through because my grandsons wanted to go home and not go inside. I ordered a #2, #3, a frisco melt, small fry, sundae, and shake. We got the 2 drinks, and in a few minutes a small bag with all 3 sandwiches and ONE fry. I waited till they came back and finally was able to tell them that we were missing food. They gave me one more fry and I waited for the rest.

When the very young man opened the window I gave him my receipt and said that we never received the small fry, the shake or the sundae. It was like pulling teeth to get my full order and the line was so long behind me. I felt terrible.

I waited for 20 minutes for everything. No apologies. My order is usually incorrect when I get brave enough to go back. I love their foid , especially the shakes.

Tonight my daughter decided to try again. The person taking orders couldn’t hear her so my daughter spoke very loud. The female could NOT get anything correct that she was trying to order and told my daughter to place her order at the window. It took her 15 minutes to get to the window. She couldn’t get out of the line. When she got there she asked for the manager, told her a short version of what happened, manager apologized, my daughter said they weren’t going to order anything and they would get supper at Arbys.

PLEASE listen to our complaints Steak and Shake and FIX IT.

Steak N Shake  – 2 N Sagamore Parkway Lafayette IN 47904 | 765-447-6091

Search For More Steak N Shake ComplaintsFile a Complaint About Steak N Shake

10 Most Recent Steak N Shake Complaints

More About Steak N Shake

Biglari Holdings Company

Consumer Comments For Steak N Shake

• what the Hell are you people doing trying to close all your stores. No service. No body can add or spell.
    Went to two of them here in florida and they suck beware. Where are your regional managers. you are going to go Broke
    What a Shame. look at who went out. Do you Get it. Your CEO is stupid just takeing your money

• This is not a big deal. However, I was told I could not use a coupon b/cause I did not order a drink with the
    meal. I am diabetic and cannot drink the soda. Only water. This disallows me a discount of a few cents,
    but I think it is silly.

• THIS IS THE 2ND FYI. #77 LAKELAND FL.WAS VERY DIRTY ON MY LAST VISIT. I WANT BACK 1/8 AND I DID NOT EVEN GO INSIDE EVEN AFTER THE MRG CALLED AND TOLD ME THINGS WERE BETTER.SOME ONE FROM CORP SHOULD CK IT OUT. FLOOR A MESS BLACK WITH DIRT, CORNERS FULL OF BLACK MUCK. MY NEXT STEP WILL BE TO CALL LAKELAND HEALTH DEPT

• I have known 3 different people get server jobs at Steak n Shake and been forced to quit after a couple weeks because they made NO money! This is not the place to go if you are trying to get a tipped server job. Restaurants are *suppose* to make up the difference in your $2.13/hour pay to equal minimum wage…but yeah..that never happens! Customers don’t tip here because it has a drive-thru and is viewed as being a fastfood place, and fastfood employees aren’t tipped.

• I find the recent steak & shake commercial on tv offensive….with the young man calling the older man, master. What in the heck were they thinking? Do they have no morals?

• THE SHIFT MANAGERS AT THE BRUNSWICK GA LOCATION MISTREAT EMPLOYES, ESPECIALLY THE HIGH SCHOOL AGE GROUP. I HEARD ONE OF THEM THREATEN TO SLAP A YOUNG WAITRESS WHILE DINING THERE. THEY ARE MADE TO WORK 10 TO 12 HOUR SHIFTS. ANOTHER TIME 2 SHIFT MANAGERS GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT AND ONE SLAPPED THE OTHER. HOW DOES A CORPORATION ALLOW THIS KIND OF ACTIVITY.

• At the same visit, the hash brown’s tasted like onion rings? 75th and Graham Road, 1:15 am December 14, 2013.

• At 1:15 am December 14 at 75th and Graham Road I placed an order at the Drive Through. When I received the order there was no napkins or Ketchup which I had requested when I ordered. When I tried to request some there was no one to be found.

I think this is poor customer service!

• was at steak and shake oct.28 2013 at elizebethtown ky. ordered taco salad and three way chili and two milk shakes, they got my shake messed up we had to wait for someone to wait on us . after they took our orders we had to wait about 20 minutes for our order.we enjoy eating there but unless the service gets better we want be eating there much also the bathroom was a mess. thank you betty hubbard

• My complaint is not with the food it is how unclean our SteaknShake is . It does not look like the floors have been cleaned in months. We have been 4 times this week and under the booths the same silver ware and just plain ole junk is still there. We love the food but it’s embarrassing to have people from out of town commit on how dirty it is . I do think some one from corporate should come unexpectedly and check this out .

• I don’t understand how a resturant can continue to run with a manager that does nothing to control the employees in his resturant. I have visited to this resturant (located in Danville, IL on N Vermilion st.) and each time a server named Yvonne has had words with another employee on the floor. I have been a server in the past and this is not how a resturant is ran or a desccent employee acts. I don’t get it, I do know one thing I won’t be going bact there!!!

• We went 2 nights in a row to get shakes and was told the drive through was closed due to the overwhelming customers patronizing so we needed to come inside. It took 30 mins. to get our food and we saw them cook fresh fries but we were given cold ones. The managers shirt was filthy and the restaurant was a mess. I seriously feel that something

• Steak & Shake must have changed vendors on their fry’s or Oil. Fry’s used to be awesome now they taste like they’ve been cooked in fish oil although they don’t even have fish on their menu. Please go back to the other vendor! I still like the burgers but would also enjoy eating fry’s with my burger.

• The French Fries have an after taste!!!!! What happened????
    Fries have been tasting bad for a few months now. I will not
    return until you change back to the old taste.

• It cracked me up when the kids popped up and went "whooo…hooo" after coming out from underneath the semi-truck