Shantok Motors Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Jeffrey Mehlenbacher - Manager
Corp Website: shantokmotors.net

Shantok Motors Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Shantok Motors Complaint

Is Shantok Motors a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Car / Auto Dealerships Directory ListingShantok Motors Southeastern Connecticut Listing

Warning! Worst Car Dealers!

Purchased a 2006 Ford Free-star mini van in 2013 with 114,000 miles for $8,000 with a monthly payment of $400 dollars. After documents were signed the purchase price came out to be $14,000 due to my bad credit. I had a down payment of $1,000 and that’s understandable but the $1000 dollars was added to the purchase price but then with there bank Oracle it stated it would not be included and they never told me it was an add-on loan. So I could not pay it off before until I paid the complete amount of $14,000. After 3 days the salesman Larry Fitzgerald said all vehicles were to get inspected before given to purchaser and I asked about accidents and flooding he said all cars are clear of any of these problems.

When I picked up the vehicle it was dirty and the only thing done to it was that they installed a GPS tracker and it was not noted in the documentation. I do understand with bad credit and its necessary but nothing was said orally of in writing.

After 3 days the vehicles steering wheel was trembling when in a standing motion or in park and it was making a large tugging motion when driving and loud pounding sound coming from the motor. I called the dealership on the 5th day and I had to schedule an appointment, but cancelled after I spoke to the mechanic James. He acted like he could not understand the vehicles problem, mind you I speak perfect English and he said it was best if I waited the 30 days to bring it in. He was rude and made me feel like such a dummy that I did not make an appointment.

I then called there Groton dealership and spoke to the manager Sam and I explained the situation and never heard of any of them again. I took the vehicle to the Ford dealer for an inspection that cost $200. The vehicle had 4 broken bushing clips, a broken ignition coil and a logger found in the motor.

I decided that Shantok Motors should repair the clips and coil. Also vehicle was in an accident and it had a major recall with the 3rd row seat latch. Shantok Motors would not repair it unless with an appointment and no rental car unfortunately it was the only vehicle. They only called to repair the vehicle when I called Department of Motor Vehicles, they repaired it but then took it out of state fro repairs without my consent. They gave me a vehicle really dirty no spare tire no air conditioner it was disgusting.

When I went to pick up the vehicle it was parked across the street in a package store and had new scratches on it. After 2 years vehicle only has 122,000 miles and it continues with major problems. The vehicle is only worth 2,000 dollars a major loss of $14,000 dollars.

They saw this disabled woman coming with no prior experience ever in purchasing a vehicle. STAY AWAY!

They fixed it like welded it like a band aid fix. In the event that this falls off as long as it is within 1 month’s time they will replace it with a brand new muffler. Hhmm, something is not right!

Then 3 weeks down the road Belt tensioner and the Serp Belt-Poly needed to be replaced. Since we live far from where we purchased the car we opted to fixed this with a mechanic from Colchester which cost us $200.00.

Warning to buyers or future customers of Shantok, before making a purchase to this sharks, make sure to bring a mechanic or someone who can inspect the car right there with you. As for my husband and myself, we will never go back to this dealership.

Consumer Comments For Shantok Motors

• also i brought my car to them a couple weeks ago because i felt very unsafe in it especially with my two year old son . i explained to them of the noises etc that i was hearing feeling they called me a couple hours later and said they couldnt find anything broken that the ball joints had some play but werent my issue , and they said they greased everything for me. I picked up my car a couple hours later and it was soing same thing so i took to another garage who told me my left ball joint was very bad and needed to be replaced immediatly ontop od that i needed a new caliper and hose in the front left . So i had them fix the ball joint asap and low and behold the car was fine . i then proceeded to call shantok motors to get some sort of a understanding to as why what they told me wasent wrong with the car was exactly what was wrong with it, and they said we havent seen your car in three months. I said you havent seen the car in three months ive only had it for three months and i just brought it into you a month ago to have the back brakes done and whole right side calipers which were bad after only two months of having car which make me think they just slapped a sticker on my car and didnt even look it over , and a couple weeks ago when i was hearing all the loose suspension noises and my wheel was making a dry grinding noise when turned right . He then proceeded to say that he didnt know what i was talking about . I am just very fed up all i wanted was a reliable car and a car im spending over 12,000.00 for should be in a little better shape then what they sold it for and you would think they would be a little more caring towards there customers and the safety of the cars they sell as to me and my two year old son could have been killed when leaving there being told they couldnt find anytihing wrong what if the tire fell off when driving home from there because of the broken ball joint

• I two bought two cars from there.. both haveing nothing but issues the first was a 03 saab that had issue after issue they told me they replaced the oil pan gasket and upper intake gasket when i get ought it and i was ready to drive to florida and the pan gasket started leaking so called saab and was told there is no gasket there it doesnt require one. So 700i dollars later and a week of rental car at 375.00 i get home pick up the car and my wife stoves to work and the surpentein belt blows apart and this was suppose to be a new part. So ibrought it back tbey took it on trade put us in a 02month mustang wich is a peice of dog poo. Its been wrecked and they said it wasnt i had to put over 2to grand in to the car to make it dri able

• i also bought a car from shantok motors a 01 mustang and feel in the same boat as you guys the car has been nothing but money and problems. I have already had to fix many things in the short amount of having it and everytime i bring to shantok motors the right thing isnt fixed .im not sure if there incompetent or just dont care. There website specifically says in quote " Shantok Motors vehicles are dependable, safe, and quality automobiles. " and "A dependable vehicle from Shantok Motors will assure you that you will not have to worry about another vehicle for some time." yea ok then why that everytime i complain about my car there anwser is well you bought the car as is . Well if they were running a reputable buisness that cared about the customers especially me a single mom then you wouldnt be selling junk cars. I have been told by many people to talk to a lawyer or to news channel 8 . They shouldnt be able to keep getting away with this .