Shantok Motors Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Average Rating: 1.00 of 5
Based On: 3 Reviews / Complaints

Most Recent Complaint About Shantok Motors

Warning Before Buying Vehicle From Them

I recently purchased a vehicle from them (Durango). My husband only drives about 5 minutes from home to work one way. In about a week from the time we drove the Durango out of their garage we have a problem with the muffler.

They fixed it like welded it like a band aid fix. In the event that this falls off as long as it is within 1 month’s time they will replace it with a brand new muffler. Hhmm, something is not right!

Then 3 weeks down the road Belt tensioner and the Serp Belt-Poly needed to be replaced. Since we live far from where we purchased the car we opted to fixed this with a mechanic from Colchester which cost us $200.00.

Warning to buyers or future customers of Shantok, before making a purchase to this sharks, make sure to bring a mechanic or someone who can inspect the car right there with you. As for my husband and myself, we will never go back to this dealership.

Additional Information:

Shantok Motors Alternate Location: 2246 Norwich-New London Turnpike Uncasville Connecticut 860-848-7731

View Comments View More Shantok Motors Complaints

Is Shantok Motors a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options

See More Complaints View Comments File New Scam or Fraud Report

Owner Options

User Thoughts About Shantok Motors

3 thoughts on “Shantok Motors

1. also i brought my car to them a couple weeks ago because i felt very unsafe in it especially with my two year old son . i explained to them of the noises etc that i was hearing feeling they called me a couple hours later and said they couldnt find anything broken that the ball joints had some play but werent my issue , and they said they greased everything for me. I picked up my car a couple hours later and it was soing same thing so i took to another garage who told me my left ball joint was very bad and needed to be replaced immediatly ontop od that i needed a new caliper and hose in the front left . So i had them fix the ball joint asap and low and behold the car was fine . i then proceeded to call shantok motors to get some sort of a understanding to as why what they told me wasent wrong with the car was exactly what was wrong with it, and they said we havent seen your car in three months. I said you havent seen the car in three months ive only had it for three months and i just brought it into you a month ago to have the back brakes done and whole right side calipers which were bad after only two months of having car which make me think they just slapped a sticker on my car and didnt even look it over , and a couple weeks ago when i was hearing all the loose suspension noises and my wheel was making a dry grinding noise when turned right . He then proceeded to say that he didnt know what i was talking about . I am just very fed up all i wanted was a reliable car and a car im spending over 12,000.00 for should be in a little better shape then what they sold it for and you would think they would be a little more caring towards there customers and the safety of the cars they sell as to me and my two year old son could have been killed when leaving there being told they couldnt find anytihing wrong what if the tire fell off when driving home from there because of the broken ball joint

2. I two bought two cars from there.. both haveing nothing but issues the first was a 03 saab that had issue after issue they told me they replaced the oil pan gasket and upper intake gasket when i get ought it and i was ready to drive to florida and the pan gasket started leaking so called saab and was told there is no gasket there it doesnt require one. So 700i dollars later and a week of rental car at 375.00 i get home pick up the car and my wife stoves to work and the surpentein belt blows apart and this was suppose to be a new part. So ibrought it back tbey took it on trade put us in a 02month mustang wich is a peice of dog poo. Its been wrecked and they said it wasnt i had to put over 2to grand in to the car to make it dri able

• i also bought a car from shantok motors a 01 mustang and feel in the same boat as you guys the car has been nothing but money and problems. I have already had to fix many things in the short amount of having it and everytime i bring to shantok motors the right thing isnt fixed .im not sure if there incompetent or just dont care. There website specifically says in quote " Shantok Motors vehicles are dependable, safe, and quality automobiles. " and "A dependable vehicle from Shantok Motors will assure you that you will not have to worry about another vehicle for some time." yea ok then why that everytime i complain about my car there anwser is well you bought the car as is . Well if they were running a reputable buisness that cared about the customers especially me a single mom then you wouldnt be selling junk cars. I have been told by many people to talk to a lawyer or to news channel 8 . They shouldnt be able to keep getting away with this .