DIRECTV Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Directv.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: November 24, 2014

DIRECTV Corporate Contact

Business Name: DIRECTV, LLC.
2230 East Imperial Highway
El Segundo, California 90245 USA

Corp Phone Number: 800-531-5000
Company Contact: Michael D. White - CEO
Corp Website: directv.com

DIRECTV Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest DIRECTV Complaint

Is DIRECTV a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: TV Providers Directory ListingDIRECTV, LLC. Listing

Gave Me Bogus Monthly Rate To Get Me To Sign Another 2 Yr Contract.

My two years was coming to an end with DirecTV, so i called and told them I was going to be leaving for GoogleFiber. Make a long story short the Rep at DirecTV told me he could get my bill to $55 a month give me the new Genie boxes and NFl sunday ticket free for a year. An offer to good to pass up. So I signed another 2 yr. Contract.

Get my first bill and it’s for $84 dollars. Call and talk to 6 different REPS and two levels of supervisors. They told me that they could not honor the $55 a month even though they could see in the system where I was promised that rate. I told them since these were not the terms I agreed to I wanted to cancel my service because I would not have signed another contract if I knew this was going to be the price.(I was paying $72 a month when I wanted to cancel). They informed me that If I wanted to cancel services it was going to cost me $500. They said there was no way waiving the fee either, actually they said they didn’t even have authority to wive the fee’s….knowing that there REP lied to me to get me suckered into a contract and they did absolutely nothing to fix the problem except say “were sorry there is nothing we can do.”

this company is a joke and a bunch of FRAUDS I would not send my worst enemy to this TV Provider.

I even have a chat from a second DirecTV rep where she is verifying the $55 a month rate..

10 Most Recent DIRECTV Complaints

Consumer Comments For DIRECTV

• DIRECTV ENGAGES IN FRAUDULENT CREDIT CARD ACTIVITY. BE WARNED THAT IF YOU SIGN UP AND GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT NUMBERS TO PUT ON FILE, THEY WILL USE THEM WHENEVER THEY WANT AND CHARGE WHATEVER THEY WANT TO YOU CARD. THEY’VE DONE IT TO ME. AND WHEN I CALLED TO COMLPAIN THEY ACTED LIKE I WAS THE CRAZY ONE! THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE ARE BORDERLINE RETARDED OR ELSE THEY’RE HIGH SCHOOL KIDS. THEY WOULDN’T DO s**t TO RESOLVE IT, AND BASICALLY SAID THEY DON’T CARE. HERE’S HOW THEY DO IT: WHEN YOU CALL TO SIGN UP FOR DIRECTV THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE A CREDIT CARD ON FILE, BUT THAT IT WILL ONLY BE CHARGED $1.00 TO GET THE SERVICE STARTED. I THOUGHT THAT SOUNDED SUSPICIOUS AND QUESTIONED THEM SEVERAL TIMES ABOUT WHY THEY WOULD NEED TO ONLY CHARGE $1.00 TO MY CREDIT CARD, AND WHY WOULDN’T THEY JUST SEND THE BILL, WITH THE EXTRA $1.00 CHARGED ADDED TO IT, TO ME IN THE MAIL WITH THE REGULAR BILLING STATEMENT. BUT THEY INSISTED AND SAID THEY “PROMISED” IT WOULD ONLY BE $1.00 THAT THEY’RE CHARGING AND IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE THE CREDIT CARD NUMBER, THEN YOU SIMPLY CANNOT HAVE DIRECTV. SO I STUPIDLY AGREED AND NOW THEY’RE CHARGING ALL KINDS OF STUFF ON MY CARD I NEVER AGREED TO. THEY SHOULD BE PUT IN PRISON FOR THIS, IT’S TOTAL FRAUD. IF A “REGULAR” CITIZEN USED SOMEONE ELSE’S CREDIT CARD WTHOUT PERMISSION, THEY’D GO TO PRISON FOR IT. BUT DIRECTV GETS AWAY WITH IT. I REGRET EVER GETTING INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY. DON’T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU, BECAUSE THEY’RE DOING THIS TO EVERYONE THAT SIGNS UP. BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DIRECTV IS CROOKED AS HELL!! BEWARE OF THEM AND DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM AT ALL!! THEY LIE TO GET YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THEN PUT CHARGES ON YOUR ACCOUNT YOU NEVER AUTHORIZED. THEY PUT DOWN SEVERAL CHARGES ON MY ACCOUNT I NEVER AGREED TO, AND THEN WHEN I CALLED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT THE MORON WHO WAS ON THE PHONE LIED AND SAID I AGREED TO IT. THEY ALSO USED MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION. AND THEN LIED ABOUT THAT TOO. DO NOT EVER, EVER GO WITH THIS COMPANY, THEIR PRACTICES ARE FRAUDULENT. IF ANY PERSON IN THE GENERAL PUBLIC WOULD DO WHAT DIRECTV DOES TO THEIR CUSTOMERS, THEY’D BE ARRESTED FOR FRAUD AND PUT IN JAIL! DO NOT SIGN UP FOR DIRECTV! DO NOT SIGN UP FOR DIRECTV!!! DO NOT SIGN UP FOR DIRECTV!!!!!

• Just signed up for Direct tv but am of the opinion that they are false advertising their referral discount I told the girl that signed me up that my daughter referred me and gave her the info but she never posted the discount of ten dollars for ten months. I have contacted them a couple of times plus had my daughter contact them but all they are doing is giving the run around by saying have to get in touch with someone else . So it is false advertising. !! One call should be all it takes instead of a half a dozen calls.

• We just had a bad incident with this company also. We cancelled our contract because of the high costs of useless channels and sent the Genie unit back (with their tracking number). My wife made arrangements to make payments towards the balance and 3 days later they took almost $400 dollars out of our checking without authorization causing us $170 in bounced checks. This was completely unethical for this company to pull such an underhanded act. We are currently seeking charges (if we can) for unauthorized use of a credit card and filing a complaint with the BBB. Has anyone else had this happen and what was your best course to get compensation?

Thanks,

Chris

• I was in business for thirty years…..and I always felt a loyal customer was worth a lot more than a new one….NOT TO DIRECT TV…!!!

• Just cancelled my Direct TV…..13 Years of loyalty, and can’t get half the deal of a new customer….So, I will leave….Maybe in a few years I can be a NEW customer again….and be treated right!

• We have been with Direct TV since 2008 and yeah I know what the heck took us so long to change. We finally changed to Dish today and best thing we could have ever done! Hate to say it but our friends were sure right about the nightmare Directv has been and is. NEVER EVER AGAIN !!!

• Listen up everyone. DO NOT give your account number to DirecTV for them to take money out of your account, it may end up biting you on the a*s later. If you have a dispute with them in reference to a charge when they have access to your account you will lose that battle. IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE with DirecTV go file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, it’s easy AND it will bring them to their knees. I’ve done it. Don’t waste your valuable time chit chatting with mindless customer service agents time and time again. Tell them that you are going to the BBB if they don’t get right and give them a reasonable time frame to accomplish your request. This site is good for making complaints but its not going to solve your problem. This is the link to the BBB complaint form online. EASY EASY! https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

• I had DirecTV a few years ago while in NJ then I moved to Florida so it made sense I thought to do the movers package with them so service would be installed at my new home, well it never was then they took the disconnection fee out of my account while I was traveling. I called the customer service dept and explained to them that they never came to install the equipment as was requested for which they showed in the account records, they said they would not return the disconnect fee which was over $300.00 at that time. I spoke with a supervisor and explained to them that they did not have my permission to withdraw that amount ( they can only withdraw the amount you are billed for contracted service ) and I was filing a complaint with the Attorney General Office for a case of Fraud, Wire Fraud, Interstate theft of funds relating to wire fraud. Because of the overt act crossed state lines due to the change in residence, needless to say the funds were returned to my bank account the next day.

• Purchased DirecTV for my mother and made automatic credit card payments. When my mother moved, I called to cancel the service and was told I couldn’t cancel it even though I had her account number, address, and social security number and had paid the bill for nearly six years. I spent 40 minutes on the line with the company, and was told I couldn’t cancel it for legal reasons, because I could have been anyone and they wouldn’t have known. After calling my mother on my cell phone, and putting both phones on speaker, the second representative (a supervisor) accepted my mother telling her she wanted the account cancelled. The representative didn’t even ask her to identify herself or provide her account number, address, or social security number! To quote the supervisor who was concerned about legal liability, “She could have been anyone.” The whole thing should have taken 5 minutes, if common sense had been used, or if I had just lied about my identity.

• I used to have this service, then I went to cable after having a run in with DTV. Now Im moving out to the countryside and DTV and ATT DSL is the only game in town. IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS please let me know. I heard DISH was worse.

• I had that issue, when my father died….Finally, I had to just call get a rep, and pretend I was him, to get the service ended….Jeez

• I just read the news that Directv is being bought off by the worst provider that is AT&T. I gotta say. Farewell, Directv. I will no longer have your service. Since you allowed yourself to be sold off to a phone company that has the worst customer service in the world. I humbly say. **** YOU AND FAREWELL!

• it really p****s me off when these people can STEAL money from peoples accounts without permisson, and you dont even have to have an account with them. i made a onetime payment for my son once, a couple months down the road they were charging him for services that he never wanted so he disputed it, of course got nowhere with the CSR and told them to get his bill straight and he will pay them. to say the least they acted like they never heard of any problems and decided to empty my account of every cent in there and told me they had the right because i had made a payment to them. THIS IS AN OUTRIGHT CRIME, i had to close my account and am trying to fight this s**t but there is really NOONE to protect people from this s**t…..BOYCOTT DIRECT.TV. please dont let them keep stealing from people, tell everyone you know. i can see they have been doing this for awhile.

• The same thing happened to me, I paid a direct tv bill with my checkcard (chase) in 2012 (one time) and when my contract was over a year later, I decided to close my account with direct tv. The next thing I know, they took $547.00 from my checking account saying that I still had their equipment. The interesting part was I had purchased my direct tv box from radio shack, and I owned the box, it wasn’t a lease from direct tv.

Long story short, I had to fight to get my bank , Chase to reverse this charge which they finally did, and it took over a week to get my money back. The next day I closed my account with Chase to prevent direct tv from pulling the same crap again. Screw Chase, and screw direct tv, they both suck.

• never give out bank info. simple. hope that helps

• I had it out with them years ago , and ATT will treat you the same way. What I have learned I have credit blemishes due to these thieves and my credit sucks now so guess what? Here is what I do now, I get one of those Wal-Mart cards and pre pay on it. If their service sucks I don’t put any more money on that card. This way they don’t tap my bank account.Turn me over to the bill collectors and I’ ll just change my pre paid phone # as well.

• Technician # TN424538 di a great job in updating my reception on my receiver. He make it so much easier and I must commend him for his time. Thank you Ernie for your service. You were a great help to me and to Direct TV.

• Direct tv may be worst than most but the whole industry (wireless, internet, tv) is all out of control. They have all the power to charge you whatever they want courtesy of fine print and your credit card/ bank access. We can thank our wonderful legislators for looking out for us consumers! Congress- you are all worthless.

• Directv has been horrible! I have 11 months left out of my 24 month contract; they want to charge me $220 for early termination fee. The credit card they have on file is an old one; however, I have paid my monthly bills with an updated card. Can they take the info from the card I used to pay my monthly bills online, even if I don’t authorize it? How can I avoid this fee, and if I don’t pay it, will I get bad credit? It’s not like it’s a credit card bill or something. Their agreement says "we MAY charge an early termination fee"

• I would let the bank know to restrict any charges that they try to take. You will probably pay $25-$35.00 but it will be worth incurring debt because of them. Good luck.

I just got a call from a collection agency stating that I owe Directv $500.00. I told the woman that they didn’t want their boxes returned when I cancelled my service and that I am unemployed but I can pay $5.00 a month less the two boxes that she said were $29.60 each. I’m supposed to be getting something in the mail for my $5.00 monthly payment. We’ll see.

• I would ask for an itemized statement for the charge of $500. Watch your bank account if they have the # because they will automatically take the money out.

• No. Diret TV cannot charge your Credit/Debit Card without your authorisation. However, if they do charge your Card a/c, request
      your Card Co. to charge back the amout in question.
      If Direct TV reports the outstanding amount to your Credit Bu, please dispute it for removal.
      You must have a valid reason to disconnect service. So often they breach the Contract. I wish I could help you more ?

• You are absolutely wrong! DTV can and most certainly will charge someone’s credit card or bank account because by giving DTV the account number this automatically gives them permission to charge any card or bank account.

• they do keep card numbers even if your not on their account, they with empty your bank account and rob you for charges you never agreed to, bank can dispute it but good luck with that. they should be shut down and the CEO should be in prison. if you or I were doing s**t like this we would be in jail. let me see another one of these scumbags in walmart try to talk to me. they may have to arrest me cause there will not be one person in that store who doesn’t know about their crimminal actions.

• Yes they can charge your credit card or bank account if they have the #. You can dispute the amount with the cc and the money will be refunded pending their investigation but if they find in DTV’s favor the charge will be reapplied. same goes for a bank if they do a dispute

• If the new credit card is with the same company as the old one yes , they can get the new number from your cc company. Call your credit card company and "demand’ they not give DTV the new card number make sure they post this on your account . If the cc does give the number you can file a report against them with the BBB and the BBB will answer.I don’t know of any sure way of getting out of paying the cancellation fee. Yes they most certainly will charge the early cancellation fee any other fees they can come up with. If you decide to stop be sure to send back all equipment and keep the tracking # to verify they get the equipment.Yes, they will turn it into your credit report. I really don’t know how much damage they can do to your credit

• I think it’s about time that Directv gives us WWE NETWORK.If we don’t get it,iwill cancel out with them…..Regardless

• No problem,i just want things done right.Not just myself but over 100,000,000 customers…..Thank you

• I called to cancel our service due to their dropping The Weather Channel. They said they were still working to see about bringing it back but at this time, Weather Nation is it. I told them I would wait and see if the bring back The Weather Channel in a few months. If it doesn’t come back to Directv, we will cancel. A week later someone calls and offers us a Free Genie and $10.00 off bill for a year. Husband agrees to the FREE offer. Bill arrives with $150.00 increase for the FREE GENIE and installation. I called to get the charges for installation and Genie removed. Was on phone with 3 different departments for an hour. No one would remove the charges for me. Husband calls and they remove them for him. They told me there is a $10.00 fee for stopping the protection plan that I was not told about when installer advised me I could call in 30 days to say I do not want the plan. THEY CALLED US to offer FREE Genie and then bill us for it and the installation. Even though my husband got the matter resolved, this is HORRIBLE!!! Now we are locked in to the 2 yr contract. Been with them 6 yrs. At the end of 8 yrs we are terminating service. Very unhappy with this company! If you want something from them, make them email you the offer stating what is FREE and if there are ANY charges related to what you’re wanting, they need to state them in an email. Get it in writing from them. All tv providers today are full of ways to gouge customers. It’s all about the money.

• I’ve been thinking of taking advantage of the specials that Direct TV keep sending me through junk mail. It looks tempting..more channels at a lower cost, but after reading all these reviews, I’m certainly not going to switch from Cox Cable. I’ll find other ways to save a few bucks.

• Yay for you! Don’t sign-up with them. All I’ve read about this company is based on dishonesty. I had a bad experience with them too. I signed-up, agreed to the pricing I discussed with the rep on the phone, only to find out later that there were more charges that the rep did not ever mention. I will not give them my business.

• Good for you Karen you don’t want to get mixed up with this dirty company. Those so called specials are bogus by the time they add everything on you will be paying much more and have to put up with them for 2 yrs plus. I say that because their equipment most likely will not last 2 yrs and the acceptance of new equipment extends your contract another 2 yrs!

• i made a one time payment for my son to them. after some time my son disputed charges he was getting for hundreds more than agreed, so he terminated his contract and disputed it. after about 6 weeks pass i check my bank account and find out that they had drained it taking every cent i had. i am not even on the account. they told me because my card was used for a payment they had the right to take my money. i am going to the media and anyone else who will listen. i cant wait till one of them want to talk to me in walmart. DONT GET DIRECT T.V. THEY ARE THIEVES.

• We originally got direct TV because of the triple play offer. For over three months they mailed the bills to the wrong address because we live in Monson but have a Wilbraham telephone number. We had to call to find out why we had not received a bill. We finally got our bill and what a surprise. We were billed for three months but not for the original triple play offer. We were told then that we did not fill out an application we should have filled out. We asked to fill out the application then because we had not been told about it. We were told we were too late the offer had expired. We explained that we could not fill out the application first because we were not told about it and second because we had not had gotten a bill for three months. Customer service would not let us talk with the manager that had originally told us that he was going to look into what he could do since it did not seem right that we had to pay a higher price and it wasn’t our fault. We were required to keep the two year contract although they broke theirs. Our contract will be over in August of 2014 and we want everyone to know how unhappy we have been. _A Dobson from Monson,Massachusetts

• Did you think to check the address on the original order? Seems to be the employee who filled out the application probably got that information from you.

• Sounds like "bait and stitch" you can file complaints with the BBB,FTC and Attorney General and these can be filed online. I honestly know how much good it will do but hopefully one will answer. DirectTV uses so many scams and are coming up with new ones all the time. A piece of advise for the future is to change the # on what ever account they have on file and get a prepaid credit card for their files and pay them in money orders to keep them from getting your account information.

• They have dropped the Weather Channel and INSP which are 2 channels I watched a lot. We had 8 inches of snow where I live in North Georgia. This replacement DirecTV is trying to push on us is far inferior to the Weather Channel and gave our winter storm warning only a mention. DirecTV claims that Weather Channel had become reality TV, but they continue to air trashy stations like Bravo and MTV which have nothing to do with movies or music either. I dropped from their Premier package which included all the stations down to the their basic package which will be about $60 less per month. I live in a rural area and Dish is the other alternative, but I have to pay an arm and a leg to get any baseball coverage, so I just will be paying less for DirecTV because they have become less valuable to me. Been with DirecTV 9 years and they treat loyal customers like crap.

• The dumbest thing Direct tv has done is to cancel the Weather Channel and run Weather Nation. It is absolutely horrible,I’m thinking of changing to Dish. Maybe they’re not as dumb and Direst Tv.

• I have been a DTV customer for about an hour and am already unsatisfied and feel ripped off. The advertisement they sent out says that they will provide customers for a free genie but they do not specify that you will be charged an extra fee every month. Also they do not tell you that you need the HD TV box to get the 3 months of free premium channels. So I need to pay twice as much as is advertised to get what they advertised would be free. When I called to let them know that I was unsatisfied i just received allot of "unfortunately you need to pay extra to get what we advertised as FREE". I was told that they could fix but I would be charged an extra fee for upgrading as well as a monthly fee for the promotion. Oh and if I canceled I have to pay a monthly fee which is almost as much as I would pay for a product that I am unhappy with. I don’t understand how they can function being so dishonest and taking advantage of customers. I was excited to get cable but within the first hour feel so disillusioned with the Direct TV and it’s policies. If I would have known that this company was full of lies and BS I would have sticked with Netflix and HULU.

• Obviously you only saw the price , not the statement that the price was for your base programming, additional receivers, hd , dvr service and all may be extra.

• Wow, I believe the post. I was on the phone with Direct TV and they offered me the Free Genie and package prices. A day later when a rep felt the need to review my pricing, "why, I just signed up yesterday", I found out there was a charge for the Free Genie, not mentioned at all, prices were added that were not mentioned when I signed up and the rate changed. Hmmm, sounds like this happens often. Direct TV is scamming their customers!

• They have already been sued and are supposed to abide by these conditions, but they are not. Google consumer complaints against Direct TV, they were in a 14 million law suit from consumer complaints back in 2010. Nothing has changed despite the law suit and complaints. They are still ripping off consumers.

According to Washington officials, here are some of the agreed-upon policies:

Cancellation Fees: DIRECTV will not impose a cancellation fee on a consumer who ends service because of a recurring problem that can’t be fixed.
      • Advertising and Sales Disclosures: The company must clearly disclose the cost of the service, the contract length, additional charges for HD or DVR equipment, cancellation penalties, whether a promotional price is conditional on a rebate, whether an offer requires a particular payment, and other pertinent details. Extremely important disclosures, such as the requirement for a rebate, the required term of the consumer’s commitment and the period the promotional price will be charged, must be disclosed in direct proximity to the price itself.
      • Contract Changes: DIRECTV can’t require consumers to enter into a new or extended contract when simply replacing or repairing defective equipment. If a service upgrade or other change by a consumer requires a new or additional term of commitment, DIRECTV must first obtain the consumer’s consent to enter into a new or extended contract.
      • Rebates and Promotional Offers: DIRECTV must disclose whether a rebate is required to obtain the promotional price. If the consumer’s first bill does not reflect the price agreed to at the time of sale, DIRECTV must either provide that price or cancel the contract without penalty, if requested.

• In your case, it will be a breach of Contract and you may terminate it witout any penalty.

• Sadly DTV has all the cards stacked (illegally) in their favor. you can lower your package to cheapest they have and DO NOT under any circumstances accept any new equipment for this will automatically renew your contract for another 2 yrs. If you have them on auto pay stop this. pay them with money orders and insist they send you a paper bill . Change the number of the account they have on file for you to be safe. Don’t believe a word they tell you. Read the other complaints on this site and you can pick up some good tips…

• BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

Don’t use DIRECTV!! They falsely bill you for services you NEVER requested. I asked for the cheapest package $29.99 that included Hallmark & Disney to remove everything else. Asked this on 7/3 & then on 1/18 I looked at my bill thinking it’s been too high here lately….guess what? They have been charging me for a monthly maintance that I would NEVER sign up for NOT to mention I stated I called in on 7/3 to get my bill lowered and took the $29.99 package, right I did cover that. They also have been charging me for NFL package of $40 extrra a month too….. This is WRONG!! Then when I called in on 1/18/14 two different times their SO CALLED Customer Service agent hung up on me. Then when I called in the 3rd time I went thru 3 different agents to supposedly got the highest up Sedwick who just laughed at me once I explained that DIRECTV had been falsely charging my account for services I asked removed back on 7/3. His response was even though you requested that on 7/3 since you didn’t specifically request NFL package & monthly maintenance plan be removed specifically that in their eyes I didn’t request it. BULL s**t!!!! What part of I want the cheapest package possible and to remove everything else do they not understand? Oh, I know…they don’t have an ENGLISH speaking person working who understands ENGLISH. This is BULL!! I’ve filed a BBB complaint on this company & would NEVER EVER EVER refer them to my enemy or dog. Go with DishNetwork or RoKu something else than this RIP OFF company who has to STEAL from their loyal customers to make a profit. If that’s how you continue to run your business how about closing your doors? Better yet…let the BBB help close your doors since you STEAL for your own loyal customers.

• Cindy, I agree with you. This is an unethical company and they do not deserve to be in business since it seems their goal is to rip off their customers/potential customers and charge for services and equipment you never agreed to. I was lied to by the sales reps and their business principals do not exist.

• Direct TV is very dishonest, They sign you up for specials then say they never have specials. They tell you, you will not be charged an early disconnection fee if you keep for special of one year then charge you for a year of service. They give you a folder to put stuff in that has the 2 yr contract info but represesntative states that does not apply to you we don’t have folders for specials. BEWARE of them they are very unethical and very unhonest. I will NEVER recommend them and I will take every opportunity to discourage others from signing up with them. They are DISHONEST.

• I agree, Louise, they are very dishonest. The sales representatives clearly lie on the phone to get people to sign-up with them. I will never recommend them either.

• direct tv is slowly going out of business, one station at a time. we used to be able to check local weather. no more

• I want to thank everyone for their comments. I was considering going to Direct TV but thanks to you guys "I Won.t". It’s bad enough to be lock into a 2 year contract, but to receive horrible customer service, lied to, deceived, made to pay for their technician error is down right reprehensible, mean spirited, and down right UN AMERICAN. Shame on you Direct TV. I will cancel my order.

PEOPLE, WE HAVE THE POWER:, DON’T BUY WHEN OTHERS ARE BEING SUBJECTED TO SUCH HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• we need it now wwenework please

• Would love to see you pick up the WWE Network,

• hi im Benjamin working for DirecTV. Read the post and Yeah! DirecTV already pick UP WWE network we made some improvements in the past couple of months now.

• We cancelled our service with Direct Tv in November 2013. We received a credit of 37.00. Then returned cards from boxes… Never received recovery boxes for equipment. Then started getting phone calls saying we owed $184.00 for movies from 2009! How can they do this? Never received a statement for unpaid movies. Our last statement showed our $37 credit & 0 balance. Now we owe them! Called them twice they were rude& said they were turning us over to collections. How can they get away with this?

• DirectTV does this to many customers and they know it is their word against yours and you can’t prove anything. The bigger thing to worry about now is if they have charged your account for the non-returned equipment! this is usually a huge charge placed on you cc or debited from your bank account whichever they have on file for you. If they have no charged you account yet try and get the numbers changed or close the account to prevent charges from them. Keep calling them until you get the boxes and labels to return their equipment and hang on to your tracking# to prove they get it. If they charge your account for the equipment,getting your money back may not be easy.

• BEN

• When I first ordered Directv I went over the first and second year charges with the agent very carefully. Before I ordered, I read them back to her and asked her to verify that these were the exact amounts I would pay, and she did. Since I was committed for two years, I assumed the amounts were contractual. Then, to my surprise, I got a rate increase. Now I’ve been notified of another increase next month.

How can I be held to a two-year contract but they can raise the rates whenever they want? Not only did the agent lie to me (intentionally or not), but I would never commit to something without knowing the price. Who would?

I want out. I have six months to go, but I don’t want to pay the increased fee. Based on prior experience with them, I expect to be treated like dirt by the CSR. As I did last time, I will go to my state Attorney General if I have to. This is the pits. I’ve never hated a company the way I hate this one.

• Don’t bother with Attorney General MIKE DEWINE…..his office is pretty much useless……We cancelled our service with direct after having them for several years. Our problem is the technician that came out, FAILED to get our signature for the two-year contract and now they sent us a notice saying we owe the cancellation fee. When I asked for a copy of the contract we signed……the signature on the line was a slight curve….I just laughed, That is not our signature and for them to think they can pull this is LAUGHABLE.

• Their two year contract is usually on the back of their work order if you signed off on this this is your contract but it does not matter whether you signed or not they will hold you to the contract because you have their service. The best thing to do is if DTV has your bank account# or credit card# change these asap if you can’t change the #’s close the account so DTV will not be able to debit your account.(get a prepaid cc for their records) DTV has been "pulling" this for years along with many other scams and will probably continue to do so. Do Not accept any new equipment for ANY reason even if the ones you have fails, because this will extend your contract another 2 yrs!

• Directv has procedures for everything, If you operate within their procedures, you will have no issues. I’ve had service from them for over 10 years. Knowing how they operate, knowing what a csr can and can’t do, and by knowing what is available and it’s cost, you will find out you can get by with relatively good service and moderate cost. If you call and say you over-charged me $30, there is nothing the CSR is going to be able to do for you. If you call and know how to spin a story, (I need to cancel, I lost my job, I have no money, by wife’s lawyer stole it, I make $10/hr, my unemployment is running out, etc) they can hook you up with a CSR that can look for any discounts and specials out there, and you may end up with a monthly discount for anywhere from 6 months to a year. Only ask to talk to a supervisor if an option/discount you want is greyed out ont he CSR’s computer (a supervisor can override that for you if you act like an innocent retarded person and/or a victim of circumstance). If you work within their tightly written procedures, and ask them to do things for you that are within the scope of their jobs, you will have less conflicts. I won’t give you all the secrets, but as an example, if you call and put your system "on vacation" for 5 or 6 months (tell them you are unemployed but expect to get a job within 5 or 6 months), you do not pay for those 5 months that you are on vacation, but those 5 months count against your 24 month commitment (assuming you keep your mouth shut and don’t brag about it). There are other secrets, but I’m afraid to disclose them as Directv will update their procedures at any time if they see too many people taking advantage of them.

• To a point….you are right. When I moved from CO to TX I let them know I was moving. They put my account on hold until I got moved into my new house. It took me 6 months to get my new house up to living standards and then moved in. Directv charged me $25.00 a month ….just to be on HOLD. So there IS a charge. Sence then it’s been one BIG NIGHTMARE!!!!. They’ve been over chargeing me and suckered me into a bundle deal for my tv and internet. I signed up for a $90 bundle and it was quoted to me as that. What they didn’t tell me is their bundle deal is thru Verizon and they have no power over what Verizon charges. Now I’m billed $69.00 from Directv…and $70 from Verizon. Anyway you add it up….it’s NOT…a $90 bundle deal. How can Directv offer a bundle deal if they don’t know what the other Co. is going to charge you???? Directv is nothing but a RIP-OFF and once they got your name on that contract….there’s not ONE d**n THING you can do about it.

• You have got that right and DirectTV has their customers money to prove it!

• Heck they don’t even have to have your name on a contract! DTV only provides satellite tv they do not have internet service. They simply lie to customers about their "bundle" deal leading customers to believe they offer both.

• Absolutely untrue. Dealing with "supervisors" is very hit and miss. Some will call you names and hang up on you, and all will try and sell additional services even when the call was to report a problem with a service you already paid for. Further, the level of service has deteriorated significantly over the last year. You can actually get a concession from one "supervisor", and when it turns out you didn’t really get it the next one will claim it was never offered. You will never get the original supervisor back – you can’t even get the original call center that gave you the cons=cession in the first place back. CROOKS!

• This guy is wrong about putting your account on "vacation" as he called it. Your contract will be extended for the time the account is on "Vacation" . But the car you speak to will help you out depending on your circumstance. I went on disability and called to see about lowering my bill. The Directv CSR was able to lower my bill by $13 a month and upgraded my standard receivers to HD , gave me the genie and upgraded my dish for me to a HD dish. I got 3 HD receivers , a HD dish, Whole Home Service and Genie and my bill dropped $16 and then when I added Whole Home it did go up $3. They gave me the HD service free for a year . Seems this website is for the few people who would complain about anything.

• Bruce, I hope that DTV continues to work out good for you. Some have no problems with DTV but others are not so lucky. It isn’t anything they do or do not do, I was an unlucky one, my bill was never correct from day one. I had DTV for 5 months of pure Hell! I was on the phone every month only to be lied to. I paid their bill with money orders and I think maybe that may have been part of the problem because DTV demands to have your personal accounts on file. I paid my bill on time each month but when DTV billed me for 2 months and I had the receipts where I had paid and they refused to acknowledge my paid receipt and tried to make me pay again. I refused and canceled service. My credit card had promised not to accept charges from DTV but when I checked online 3 days after cancelling DTV. There was a charge from DTV for the amount of $987.00 early cancellation fees and non returned equipment. They had not given me time to return the equipment before charging my account. I did get my money returned after filing complaints against DTV and my credit card With the BBB. I know what DTV did to me and I hate what they are doing to so many others. DirectTV uses many scams and they are not particular who they use them on. Everyone should beware because anyone can become their victim at any time.

• Direct TV linked my account to my employers account as my work number was listed as a secondary number (what company doesn’t ask for work # these days) I have had Direct TV since 2009, then one day in March 2013 they linked my account to a corporate account with my employer. My employer thought I was stealing from them and terminated me. I was with my job for 6 years, if I was going to steal I would have went to Hawaii not pay a dumb Direct TV bill, anyway Direct TV won’t give me answers to their error and how they stole from my pervious employer. I left them and they can have their receivers back when I get answers.

• They probably charged your former employer for the equipment as well. This is one company that you do not want to have your personal information whether it be bank, credit card, phone# or anything!

• If this is true I would return the receivers and then seek legal help . If this is true ( and I doubt it ) you have a lawsuit on your hands.

• Direct TV installed equipment without owners knowledge and permission. They had ruin the roof and sidewalls.

• That is their installers fault, these guys are usually contracted out by another company. The dish is yours to keep for they do not remove it and you will either remove it yourself or pay someone to do so because if it is not done properly,your roof may leak.

• Directv requires customers to get the Landlords permission if they are renting before they will install the dish. There is a form that HAS TO BE FILLED OUT.

• directv..is too bad……………………..SUCKS MOVIES. TWO MONTHS $$$$$$$$$196.00 REGULAR PLAN?

• I have been scammed on the nfl additional service. I paid it two months without looking at the bill. I noticed this charge and called them. Two representatives said I had agreed to it and they would have to leave the charge on for the rest of the year.

Im looking at other services. These guys are a scam

• Do NOT apply for Direct Tv..They are no HELP at all rude and trying to keep ppl on the acct and not credit back something they accidentally charge my card for which is not MY fa ult…all I can say Direct Tv SUCKS!!

• DirecTV will not let me talk to customer service until I pay my bill in full. I need to give them my new mailing address so they can send a recovery kit so they can get their stuff back. It’s not their fault that I lost my 2nd job and can’t pay my bill, but why can’t they just talk to me so I can explain? That just seems wrong.

• My mother is 85 years old and lives in a HUD housing complex. We have had ongoing issues at trying to keep her service from going out. We have cancelled the service because it could not be resolved. I mailed the equipment back on Monday in the provided kit. We have spoken to numerous departments and have had the calls documented with customer retention, tech support etc. I was assured we would not be charged an early cancellation fee. My mother received a bill this week requesting the payment for the early cancellation. The company cannot provide the service for which she signed up for. I have all the documents proving that we did try to have the company remedy the situation. I would like to trust that they would make this right by honoring their commitment to have provided good service. Which they could not! Again we signed my 85-year-old mother up hoping this would be her long time service. I spent two hours on the telephone two weeks ago sent from one department to another.

• I too have had issues with DirectTV… Cancellation being one of them. They will not take cancellation in writing…NOTE: If you do not pay the bill within a certain amount of time they will send her account to an outside agency and report it on her credit report. If you read other reports on your particular issue you will find they were sued just for that reason. I have NEVER sued a company before and I NOW truly understand why people do. I wish there was a way to stop them once and for all from the rude, lying, unethical business practices and lack of customer service that they so regularly advertise.

• There have been numerous class action law suits filed against them and DTV winds up paying a fine but are back to their old tricks the very next day. Money talks I suppose The one piece of advice I would give is everyone to not let them have your bank account# or credit card# If they do have these get the numbers changed and if necessary get a pre-paid credit card for their files and never write a check to pay them pay them with money orders if possible and keep the receipts and always get a tracking # when returning their equipment.

• Please make sure they do not have your mother’s bank or credit card# as they will automatically put the charge on the cc or withdraw it from her bank account. I hope too that you got a tracking # when you returned their equipment because they often say they did not receive it and charge the customer. Get in touch with "Crimes against the eldery" and place a complaint with the BBB,FTC and Attorney General. If your mother is not worried about her credit don’t pay their bill but this will mean she needs to change her bank account # or cc#. Cable would be a better option if possible for her. no contracts.

• Talked with directv techs today for about 1 hour. Tried to have DirecTv Everywhere (watch shows and movies anywhere) on my laptop so I could watch the SF Giants at the Ariz Diamondbacks. Turns out that the ad that says "watch anything you watch at home on your tv when you are away on your laptop or phone" is not true. They only have live tv streaming for a few channels, none are local tv channels, and when i wanted to watch the 690 series channels where baseball and other sportsm are shown I was told several different things by several different reps. First rep said no problem, then the second rep said they do not support any live streaming tv, the third rep said you could do it if you were at home (ehy would you want to?) and the fourth rep said only some channels are available. They do not have the ability to let you watch anything you can watch at home on your DirecTv while you are away, just a few select channels. I told them I wanted to void my contract since the ads (and even their website) indicates that you can watch any live tv you watch at home while you are away I was told that the small print says that only a few channels are available and since the small, unreadable print of the tv ad says that, the contract was not invalid and I would be charged a termination fee for early termination regardless of the fact that their website and tv ads maybe (ARE) misleading. So I am contemplating taking them to court with this and see what the judge has to say. Anyone else have similar experience?

• I think that everyone should get together and take them to court. I am being charged $5.99 for a computer player of theirs that won’t work with my computer, so even though I can’t watch that movie,
      I am still being charged for it. I have had nothing but trouble with their movies that you order. They have had to come up with the 6mths free Starz and Encore because they goofed up the watch 2 and pay and get 2 more for free. I see it as I payed for 3 and am getting only 1 for free. I had trouble even getting set up for their service which I will write on the board so all can read it after this. I say stay away from this wack company.

• You may want to read your contract because I don’t think you can take them to court. There have been plenty of class action law suits filed against DTV and DTV pays a big fine and are right back to their old tricks before the ink dries on the paper. Also, you might want to check with DTV about receiving any new equipment if this will extend your contract for another 2 yrs.

• I David and Barbara Trader have notice a Program Adult Only has been added to our programs without notifying us. There are already plenty of those program listed without adding them. You cancel OWN and added trash such as that adult stuff. We had no idea the program was going to be added, what a disgrace!! If this kind of action continue we will have to cancel Direct TV sooner, because there is enough trash on now! Parents are burden with enough now let alone adding channel without their consent.

• Ddirectv gets you in a two year contract and tell you that your bill won"t change. LIARS- im in ten months of my contract and paying $28.00 more for the same services. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS!!! Corporate will not help you ,

• We have been loyal–through outages, etc—customers for twelve years. My husband is now ill and we are having to move in with our daughter. We had a year left on our service contract for something they sold us last year. They refuse to negotiate on that service contract, disregarding completely the twelve years, the fact that we have also had internet through Hughes AND the fact that our house has been sold to someone who also would have been a good customer for them. Not now though!, and at some point, had they cooperated on ANY level, we might have returned to them What a very very shortsighted way to run a business. They wont’ have the almost monopoly forever.

Susan Eason

• I have had a problem with them also. I had been a customer for over 4 years. My contract was up almost 2 years ago. I wanted to upgrade my equipment. This is free for any new customer, but not for someone who has been loyal for over 4 years. They wanted to charge me almost $500.00 for the equipment and an extra $8.00 per mo. over what I was already paying. This would have been free for a new customer and almost 1/2 of what I was paying per mo. for the first year. I would understand if I were still under contract, but like I said that was over 2 years ago. I just cancelled my service & signed up with Dish. Not sure it will be any better, but Directv needs to learn how to treat a loyal customer!

• Just give me your number and i can help u out in that…

• WOW…I’m glad I went online and read the reviews of Direct and Dish satellite TV service. I was contemplating leaving my cable company (there’s no contract in effect) and changing to satellite service for better rates and programming. After reading the experiences of contributors to this site, there’s no way that I’m going into a contract (a hook) with these outfits!

• Frank, I currently have Dish and they aren’t any better!

• You were very wise in checking out the complaints first. There seems to be no end to DirectTV’s Scams they continue to pull on their customers. Their so called "cheaper prices" all have big catches that most people do not qualify for and they are not told this until it is too late.

• I had Direct TV and decided to go with AT&T U-verse. They gave me a one year contract I couldn’t afford to turn down. Before switching I called Direct TV (on May 14) to see how long I had in my contract and what it would cost to terminate the contract. Customer Service told me had a few months left and it would cost me $63 to terminate the contract. I had everything installed on May 17. I called Direct TV back to terminate my contract and settle up with them. When I called to do this I had to listen to how much better they were and what they could do and I politely declined and asked to terminate my contract. The person then becomes very agitated and very rude and tells me that’s fine I just terminated your service and you owe us a $300 termination fee. I replied you are crazy and the lady said no you added another receiver in August of 2012 and that automatically put you in another 2 year contract. I simply told her good luck getting that money and if it was reported on my credit they better have a new contract I signed, because I had my contract in my hand. Wished her luck and told her I would see Direct TV in court if necessary if it is put against my credit. Amazing how on the 14th it’s was $63 to terminate and on the 17th I actually terminated the contract and it jumped to $300.

• Directv is the worst ever. Their service is sooo bad they are afraid customers won’t pay unless they can gain access to your credit card. They will tell you if you don’t give them accessto your card, they cannot give you their steep discounts. Then they will bill you charges 10 x your supposed discounts and never let you know by mail, instead, they will say, your bill is paid in full! Take a look at what your credit card chargs are. I asked one of the corporate people, but aren’t you losing money by letting credit card companies pay 5%. They said, well, better then not getting paid at all. A most unethical company

• yea how unethical of a company in business to make a profit want some kind of security to make sure that deadbeats pay their bill, if you intend on paying your bill then giving a credit card should be a problem. I rent heavy equipment at my business, I always ask (and run) a credit card prior to releasing equipment because I want to have security and assurance that I will get paid.

• They insist on your credit card or bank account # so they can withdraw money from your account anytime they see fit. when you cancel service most of the time DTV does not give you time to send back their equipment before they place a huge charge for early cancellation fees and non-returned equipment fees on your card or they will withdraw it from your bank account even if it throws you into the negative. They also keep on file any other card or bank account # that is ever used to pay your bill and will not hesitate to charge this as well. I would never trust DTV to make automatic with drawls from any account.If you do not get a tracking # when returning their equipment it is your word against theirs as to whether they got the equipment and they charge the customer for this as well and getting your money back from DTV is almost impossible.

• they stole from my account and i was just making a one time payment for my son, months later he was disputing unautherized charges so they decided to drain my account. i’m not even on the contract…is this really LEGAL, losing all faith in our whole system. had to close my bank account and am now down hundreds, trying to fight it but feel like i’m going in circles.

• These people are deceptive. I was on the phone for an hour going over details for sign up and installation. I clearly told the lady we had an HD and NonHD tv. She said that was no problem we would get HD. When the installer showed up his orders were for nonHD and he wanted $10.00 more per month. Needless to say I sent them packing.

• $300. To lease a genie. Too much money.

• Direct TV is way off the mark. They charge more and you get less. The equipment they sell you is inferior. When you have a problem you have to listen to the stupid prompts and beg for a tech. Then you supposed to go reset, unplug all your equipment, which has never been my problem. When you reach a human you get lip service and have to wait three to five days for a tech to come out. I am contacting Comcast and begging them to come service my area. Shame on Direct TV for not hiring more outside techs. Too cheap I guess to really give customer service.

• I like the direct tv channels but as far as the company goes it is the worst one ever. The customer service tries to help but they dont follow thru and dont have common sense. I have had them 3 months and have had to call over a dozen times to get things straightened out. Something new comes up every month. I wasnt getting my bills at first then they charged me an extra $5.99 for something and when i saw the automatic payment on my credit card was too much i called and they said oh it was stated on your last bill they were going to charge for this – but they didnt even have my right address! So I did get the fee off any further billing but still had to pay for the time period b4 (if i had gotten the bill first i could have called b4). Now the bill i received in the mail is a credit for $-27; but i get an email that my payment is due – I ignore it b/c I know i have a credit. Then I start getting past due notices in my email so i call – they say the bill they sent was done b4 they added my monthly charge and my new balance is $22. Now how do I pay a bill I dont even have/ They want to take payment over the phone so i dont get a late charge – you mean you give me NO time to make a payment when it is your stupid mistake? Well I write this to tell you they need watched like a HAWK. i stopped auto pay so I can read over the bill each month – hope i get them as requested. I like the stations (fairly cheap AAA deal until it expires and then i get full billing the last few months) I dont like the 2 year contract and the upbilling near the end of it so may go back to time warner -` at least i didnt have to call every month for their stupidity -Or should i say their thievery tactics?

• Direct tv is lousy, to say the least. Both my Mom and I had a very bad experience with them. Both lost money, and they were completely unjustified in taking our money. I am looking for a way to report this, and for it to make a difference. Class action lawsuit maybe?

• As a long time Direct Tv customer I have to say that I agree with about everything that is said here. I called to move my service in Feb. and was informed that the charge was $500 to move 3but they would do me a favor and discount the charge to $200. I told them that part of my service agreement was that it was free transfer of service if I moved. The man replied with "Things change." I told him that I had been with the company for years and never complained about the constant rate changes even though I signed on for a specific service and amount. I didn’t complain when I lost 40 channels from my package a few years back but was charged an increase of $12. he replied again with a snide comment of " Ma’m you don’t go to the gas station to get gas and expect the price to be the same as five years ago do you?" At this I lost it and told him that a service contract and gas have nothing in common. That he doesn’t bring my service in a vehicle it is a signal traveling through the ether." His condescending attitude lost him a customer. I had my service cut off there and then. Now 2 months later I sit on the phone and am being told that I did not shut off my service until March 25. They are calling me a liar and leaving me on hold for long periods of time only to come back and tell me the computer is frozen.

• THE COMPLAINTS ARE COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED!!!!!!

I just went into BestBuy yesterday, and a really nice DirecTv sales rep offered me and my father a $66 dollar a month for the "Optimo Mas" package. We currently had ATT U-Verse which we paid $83 dollars a month.

Supposedly our deal with DirecTv would guarantee us a FIXED 66 dollars for satellite tv, AND 33 FIXEDDDD for U-verse internet (I had the Uverse 300 bundle… so internet and tv for about 122 a month)

well, we sign the contract for 2 years keep in mind… 66 FIXED dollars for tv.. 33 FIXED dollars for our 18mbs uverse internet.

okay… so 2 days pass and the DirecTv guy comes to our house and does a basic install. "DirecTv is taking everyone’s business" he says… "OnDemand is completely free and some movies that are still in theaters you only need to pay $4.99 and you can even record them yadayada"

well, that same day I had to call ATT to cancel my uverse tv and give them my "account number from DirecTV" because supposedly we are given an account number from DirecTv that we are SUPPOSED to give to the ATT reps and our "bundle" will guarantee our same internet price and now our "$50.99 because we qualify for even more discounts because of the credit check"

Well the ATT lady tells me that DirecTv is only supposed to be offered to people who dont have Uverse available in their areas… and that the internet is completely separate from the tv… so when our original uverse bundle expires our internet price will rise… EVEN THOUGH THE DIRECTV LADY EXPLICITLY TOLD ME THAT THE 33 DOLLARS WE PAID FOR OUR UVERSE INTERNET WOULD STAY FIXED FOR 2 YEARS… NOT TRUEEEEE

Now we have directv with the not at all free ondemand… not at all free 3 month hbo and showtime channels. and I called twice, TWICEEEE and they told me I could still cancel because 24 hrs hadn’t passed… they transferred me to another lady.. and now I can’t cancel w/o paying the early cancellation fee.

STAY AWAY FROM THiS LYING UNLAWFUL COMPANY. FU*K YOU DIRECTV!!!!!!

• i agree, stop robbing people, direct t.v. is a lowlife company with LOWLIFE PEOPLE WORKING FOR IT. unhonest. can’t wait til one of these asswholes wants to talk to me in walmart again…everone in that store will know about these asswholes.

• Direct TV is a crap outfit. I had it installed on 3/28/12 and have had nothing but problems. Their equipment is crap and their non existent customer service is even worse. I had Dish for six years and no problems. Be forewarned, stay away from this gypsy outfit. The only thing they are really good at is sucking in suckers with their tricky ads. Not worth the time or effort!!!

• Almost every month, our DirecTV bill increases & I have to call customer service to find out why, argue about, & ask for a refund. Last month I was told I would get a $10 credit for the next 12 months. When I received my bill this month, there was NO credit. Once again, I called customer service. The CSR argued with me & told me over & over that I had a $5 (not $10) credit. I asked her to go over the bill with me line per line, as my current bill compared to the previous month was exactly the same. She kept arguing with me, saying that she doesn’t have access to Verizon (our Verizon & DTV are bundled). I told her numerous times it had nothing to do with Verizon (as that price was exactly the same as last month too). She was very rude & argumentative & finally reluctantly transferred me to a supervisor. In 30 seconds, the supervisor had the problem explained to me – they print their bills a month ahead of time. Thus, my credit will start with NEXT month’s bill. I’m not so upset about the fact that I was told I’d get a $10 credit & it’s only $5, but am more upset by the argumentative rude CSR from INDIA. I don’t know if there was a language barrier, but if they don’t understand English, they should not be CSRs!!!!! I HATE DIRECTV! When my husband dies, I will immediately cancel my DirecTV service. That is a promise.

• I switched over to Direct Tv in January, 2013I I was suppose to get all my receivers for free and just pay the monthly bill. Well 4 months later I was bill $579.00 dollars to my account without authorization. They were trying to bill me for all 4 receivers and when I was on the phone with Direct TV for almost 2 hours and they still could not refund me the money. They were trying to give me a $400.00 credit to my Direct TV account and not my BANK account. I am not very happy with my service with them. Does anybody know who I can call to file a complaint with??? my email is jvgonzales87@yahoo.com

• YOU HAVE TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR STATE Attorney General. BBB cannot legally file against them
      But your state government can!

• Direct TV does nothing but LIE to their customers in order to get them into a contract and then b/c you’re in, you can’t cancel unless you want to pay outrageous fees. First, we thought we were getting one package, when they came to install that wasn’t the package we were ‘eligible’ for. So they said this will be the monthly cost, sign up for auto bill pay at any time and you’ll save $10.00. After we received our first bill we tried to sign up for auto bill pay and what do you know…. we aren’t ‘eligible’ for that discount. Each person has a different story. We were specifically told yes, that will be a $10.00 credit. Then when we called to question, "yes, I see where the agent told you that, but we can’t do that". WHAT??!!! Worst company that DOES NOT stand by their customer promise of ‘honesty and integrity".

• i have had nothing but issues with Direct tv since May 2012. First, I signed up with a bundle package with verizon phone and internet, I was told I would be receiving same internet speeds as Time Warner which was 10 mbps come to find out I’m barely receiving 1.5 mbps, internet is extremely slow! Second, some how they did the credit check under my husbands name and said because of the credit that I had to buy the equipment and pay $200. Don’t understand how they did the credit check under his name if the account was under my name and I gave them my social security #, (I did pay with his credit card tho) I did not find out till 8 months later when we did our credit reports. I didn’t get the channels I originally was told I was getting. I asked them today about canceling procedure she stated it would be $240 and will need to send my equipment back, i stated i paid for the equipment I own it and she said no its leased, so why did I pay $200 and still have to pay monthly and I received no response then the phone went dead the idiot hung up on me. Third, They never bundled me in the beginning I had to call them and scream at them for them to change it. January comes and my bill is much higher than the other months I call them and ask where is my bundle credits they tell me your not bundled what are you talking about, I told the lady to go back and look at the previous months and she hung up!! I called back and spoke to a supervisor and he stated it will be fixed. After 7 phone calls and 3 months i’m still not bundled and my bill is now triple the amount I was paying. They never stated that after the first year your bill will triple the cost! Another issue, since the beginning one of my boxes continued to freeze, couldn’t watch DVR shows. I called them at least 3 times a month about it they kept saying theres nothing wrong with it take the power plug out and it will be fine, I should not have to do that! I called again about it and they stated I would have to pay for a new one and for a tech to come to my house because i’m outside the warrenty time period. At that moment I flipped out how many times did I ask for a new box and they kept putting if off. They are liars, crooks and will do anything to get you to sign up!

• NEVER USE DIRECT TV!!! I ordered the "Genie" which they advertise for $39.00 and even quote this over the phone. When you get your bills they are well over $150!!!! They even tell you when they sign you up there is no contract and can cancel at any point in time. I called to cancel since they did NOT follow the quote they gave me. I asked for a manager to call me on 4 seporate occations and the last manager even confirmed no one made an attempt to contact me!! They then told me it would cost $450 to cancel my service and they sent me a contract, which they never did nor did I sign! I disputed this amount and they automatically took the amount out of my account! I have filed with the Better Business Bureau and recommend every one does the same! Crooked business and will scam you out of hundreds of dollars!

• Just signed up and direct tv is the biggest scam. I called on their flier that the mail out and it say you can get 4rooms connected,genie,hd,nfl ticket for 39.99. When setting up the told me it would cost 51.99 with taxes I said okay sounds about right. Then we check our bill online our bill is now at 72.00. I called to see wh the increase in price and they said oh there’s this fee and that fee. Direct tv wouldn’t budge on my account. They are a bunch of hustlers and con artists. Dooooooooont sign up.

• This company is deliberately misleading its customers. Everything from placing unordered items on your bill to changing their prices in the middle of your contract. Most don’t complain so they get away with it. I’m currently a customer and can’t wait to get off their %^$#$%?**&^ contract.

• DirectTV lied to me from the start. They told me I was getting a package I didn’t get and when I told them I wans’t getting the channels I signed up for, they told me they would give them to me if I upgraded my package! Then months later, they removed basic channels from my package and when I called them to find out what happened, I was told that they have a right to add or remove channels to any package at anytime and if I wanted those channels back, I would have to ….you guessed it…..upgrade my package and pay more! Funny they didn’t go over any of that when they were selling me as a new customer! And if I want out of my contract….HUGE penalty fees! So once you are a DIRECT TV CUSTOMER, THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH YOUR PACKAGE, GIVE YOU THE WORST SERVICE IN THE WORLD, REFUSE TO LET YOU SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR ON THE PHONE, DISCONNECT YOU AFTER HAVING YOU WAIT ON HOLD FOR A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF TIME, AND IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE…TOO BAD….THEY DON’T CARE, THEY DON’T FIX THE PROBLEM AND WILL JUST KEEP TRYING TO MAKE YOU PAY MORE AND MORE…..I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE DEALT WITH A COMPANY SO CROOKED BEFORE! NEVER AGAIN, ONCE MY BALL AND CHAIN IS OFF. I’M GOING TO CALL TIME WARNER CABLE AND SEE IF THEY WANT TO BUY OUT MY DIRECT TV CONTRACT TO GET ME BACK AS A CUSTOMER. IT WILL COST THEM $160.00.

• They must make a healthy percentage of their income off of cancellation fees. The thieving bastards.

• What nerve this company has for wanting the money that was due to them under a contract

• You are exactly right…. DTV does not hesitate to go into your bank account or credit card and take money often times leaving the customer in the negative with his bank without consulting the customer first and a lot of the credit card companies and banks work in favor of DTV for fees .Even when the customer files a dispute with their cc because of a big charge placed on their account by DTV if the credit card’s findings does not result in your favor this charge will be reapplied and you have to pay it. I would never trust anything DTV says or does. They are capable of anything and it does not have to be legal.

• JUST SIGNED UP WITH THIS SCAM COMPANY BACK ON FEB I REGRET HAVING BUSINESS WITH THEM, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST EVER I HAVE BEEN WITH THE SERVICE FOR 2 MONTHS AND NOW THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $440 FOR CANCELLING THE SERVICE. THEY ARE OUT OF THER f*****g MIND, a******s. I NEED TO FIND OUT WHERE I CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE COMPANY.

• Cancelled my service with direct tv the first week of March. Should have been a simple phone call and it should have been done. They said that they would ship me a box to mail back my receiver to them. No big deal or so I thought. I have had to call every week now for 5 weeks because they can’t seem to ship out a stupid box to pick up their junk. they are now trying to bill me $145.81 for not returning their receiver. I just called again right now for them to ship the box and the customer rep that I got had a cow when I asked to speak to her boss. she began telling me how she is different from the last 4 reps and she doesn’t mess with no ones kids, husbands, jobs, ect. she went off on me for asking for her boss for 5 about minutes. INSANE!!!!!! Do not ever sign up for direct tv unless you never plan to leave their service. Beyond frustrated! What a joke.

• NEVER NEVER NEVER SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY! I lost my husband am on disability for a serious mental condition. They kept me on the phone for over an hour and a half when I requested service. Where I am moving to they don’t allow dishes and there is no one in this neighborhood that has a dish. I had no idea what they were saying now that I am moving they want either 130$ to transfer service and 300$ for early cancelation. Due to my mental disability I am unable to grasp what thet were saying. I am going to have to comit suicide because I cannot pay these fees. What monsters!

• uhhhh…..WTF Women Suicide? over a dish company??? you need to be in the funny farm

• Hi Susan. Im sorry they will not allow dishes in your area. Have you considered using paper plates instead?

• Find a good md. There are medications that can help. Losing a spouse is one of the biggest stressors there is. A psychologist could be helpful too but the md can do both, psychotherapy and medication.
      By the way if direct tv puts a negative report on your credit go online to the free credit report. There is one site that is free And open a case. If the credit reporting agency agrees any negative postings from direct tv can be removed.

• You really are CRAZY come on your going to commit suicide over $300 you really need to be put in a mental institution

• You need not worry just make sure DirectTV does not have your bank account# or cc# and if they do change these nimbers and don’t tell DTV what they are. They cannot touch disability payments unless they have your bank account # then they can withdraw from it. DirectTV is certainly not worth harming yourself over.

• Direct Tv is RIDICULOUS!!!! Ive been given a great quote with internet included and they totally screwed me over! They installed the wrong equipment and when they came to fix the problem they made things worse. My bill has went higher and ive probably called customer service over 100 times!!!!! I am so frustrated, and thats not all i was told i was supposed to receive a call from a supervisor in 7-15 days and its been a month and i have not received jack ****! I keep getting placed on hold and then they transfer me to someone else who asks me "what is the problem mam" after i have repeated the **** problem over a gazillion times. Save your self the headache and do not get direct tv go with comcast or something else i dont care if its more expensive the customer service with direct tv sucks and thats one of the most important things!!!!

• I’ve been with direct tv for about 10 years now and have never had a complaint with them. They have always been upfront about their charges.

• well thats good…but im not quite sure if this will make me change

• The DIRECT TV commercial with a man coming out of the water with his body COVERED IN LEACHES is NOT CUTE AND I WOULD NEVER GO TO DIRECT TV!! IT"S NASTY and gave me nightmares!!!! REALLY???? What does it have to do with TV???? I HATE THIS COMMERCIAL!! And it’s so close to summer where you want to get in the water!!! STOP THIS COMMERCIAL~~

• I was getting Deployed and so cancelled my service with direct TV. in Dec 2012. I asked for by total bill and they told me so i paid with a check over the phone. They sent me a receipt acknoledging payment and oh my i wish i knew whati was getting into. 6 months down the line they sent me to a collection agency for the same amount I generosly paid. I called them and now they are saying they did not receive my payment-what happened when they received it and sent a receipt acknoledging payment. That how they are, my friend told me they dont care and they tried to bill him 3 times for the same . stick with other services because these are rich people who care less about how we work hard for our money

• remember people those people you talk to on the phone that you like to abuse dont make the policies that **** you off, weather those policies are right or wrong the person on the phone is just a person just like you doing their job. treating them like crap will not help you situation, in fact you will get a lot less help from a person the second you start being hateful to them.

• The people on the phone trying to sell you their program are on commision. When I signed up no one told me I could not cancel. Now that I am moving to another residence first they 130$ to transfer service then I found out I can’t have the dish so I canceled service…now they say I need to pay them 300$ for early cancelation. I do not have the money to transfer or to cancel and now they get to mess up my credit. I am a widow on disability… in what universe is this right?

• Direc Tv are the biggest scammsters over any other cable company. The government should shut them down! Put those bastards out of business. They don’t let you know you are paying for up front. They give you at first all these unnecessary things that you don’t need. Also, they don’t tell you when you initially sign up for their service what this or that costs initially. They are idiots! They insult the intelligence of us Americans. When I find out the correct governmental agency to make a complaint, I certainly will!

• New to Direct TV since January. So sorry I went with them. The nightmare is just beginning. No satellite and the technician (so difficult even finding a tele no and I get e-mails from them every day but when I try to contact them…..impossible) said they cannot come out til next Wednesday. Today is Friday. She tells me I have a protection plan (never signed up for one) but glad I have it. Charges are way above
      what they quoted me. So dissatisfied. Stay with cable if you have it. Really disgusted with Direct TV. Our local cable company was expensive but you got a real person and satisfaction.

• Federa Communications Commission is the place you want to make that complaint.

• I have been with Direct since 2009, today called to see what it would cost to upgrade to the Genie after two hours on the phone over $500.00 in equipment cost, If I was a new customer $99.00. Direct must think loyalty means screw harder, I don’t get it.

• Genie is not worth the cost plus the $25/mo advanced receiver fee. There is also an unbelievable mess of cables and wires to make the damned thing work. Who needs to record 5 shows at once anyway. Stay with your current DVR, let your contract expire, wait three months and then you are seen as a "new" customer or threaten to leave and see what they offer. It will surprise you.

• I agree with the loyalty part. Have been with them since 96 and have been lucky not to have too many problems with their equipment or service. My only complaint is seeing everything they offer to try to get new costumers and it is like puling teeth for them to give us long time customers a little relief on our bill. I do what the other person suggested call here and there to see if I can qualify for a discount or something. They have followed through with what they told me they could do but it is usually just 3 months of a premium channel or a $10 discount for 3 months, one time both were offered. This time I might just threaten to leave and see what they offer. I don’t know how many times when they look at my account, I hear they see how long I have been with them and they just say thank you for being with them so long. Only once, a few years ago, one of the csr’s said they could offer something for being with them so long. Anyway it seems like they would try and do more to keep their long time customers instead of just a thank you and then act like they can do nothing else for you.

• Hey Donald, I felt the same way about TWC after 10 years I switched to Direct TV because TWC treated me like crap, new customers get so much even 300.00 gift card, loyalty is out the door in business these days.

• I have TWC and I do not like them either but I am under no contract and this means a lot. I had DTV for 5 months and it was a nightmare! My bill was never right it did no good to call because it would be the same next month.DTV tried to make me repay for a months service that I had already paid for and I sent them proof by mail and fax. they still tried to make me pay.I cancelled service and sent their equipment back.They put a $800 charge on my credit card. I did get my money back but it took a lot of work and filing complaints with various organizations. I saw first hand how dirty DTV is and now I tell everyone I know or will listen to never get DTV and if you have them change whatever account # they have on file for you be it your bank or credit card#"s

• Was going to switch over today but after reading all these comments will stay with my cable company. Isn’t this the same company that was featured on Undercover Boss….guess they didn’t learn anything.

• if you look in the right place you will find plenty of negative comments on any company, remember no mattwer who the company is the price you are quoted up front is temporary, it will go up

• I have been with Directv for a while all I have to say is do not enroll in there programs they rip you off every chance they get!!!!!! With of course no one to fix the problem!!!

• Direct tv is the mist impossible company tovdeal with. If you have billing or service complaints be ready to spend hours on the phone. They do not stand behind anything they sell abd gid forbid you get tgere service agreement it covers nothing. Way to stick it to people dtv

• I’ve been a customer for ONLY 30 days and I already HATE directv SOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been on the phone with them today more then I have ever been with a cable provider. If you can go with another provider, GO- RUN! DO yourself a huge favor (and a headache) and go with another cable company.

• I was thinking about trying D-TV, but from the sounds of it I’d be better off sfourcing an ice-pick up my nose. With CS like what was talked about above, the outages mentioned, installment errors, there is no way on Gods green earth I’ll stick my hand in that bear trap. D-TV needs to get a clue on how this world works, if you don’t strive to make your cutomers happy soon you wouln’t have any.
    The D must stand for Dumb.

• THAT’S HILARIOUS!!! my husband just got off the phone with them a little while ago and we were pissed!! After 12 years of loyalty we are letting them bite the dust!! So I got on here to see what everyone else says. You lifted our spirits with a good laugh. It’s just a shame that they are getting away with a scamming fraud. Everyone needs to call their state attorney general. Then we all need to file a class action lawsuit against them. If we consumers don’t stand up & do something about it…this won’t stop!! This is why we need Government regulation!! Next it will be something really harmful!!

• I see this guy did not mention why Directv took 1,100 from his account. I bet he signed a 2 year agreement and then broke it and then did not return the Directv receivers. Part of the Directv upgrade is to notify you that by upgrading you are signing up for 2 more years, just as when you give them your credit card number they notify you that the card will be kept on file and used for early cancellation fees , non-return of equipment fees and late charges. I think maybe you ought to look at the article in Consumer Reports where they rated Directv as one of their top tv providers. Every company has their disgruntled customers, but 30 million people cannot be wrong. And as Brian said someone needs to get a clue on how this world works. You break a contract, you steal the equipment and you pay.

• i love directv been with them for 10 years never had a problem thanks directv keep doing what u do

• Direct TV has the worst customer service out of any company that I’ve ever delt with my entire life. Please do not go with this company for anything, nobody cares about the customer and it’s just 1 nightmare after the next. Hold time is like an hour and then when you get the rep on the phone their is nothing that they can do for their customers. Once you sign a contract they have your money for 2 years and it is a freakin’ NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• uhhh kay?

• Are You kidding me. I’ve a been a customer since 1999 and purchased my units/antenna and installed myself me AT MY COST. Then I was told I would lose service if did not install new units and pay monthly lease fees. So I did. Guess what I GET NO ADDED VALUE.
      MOREOVER I HAVE MY OWN (FREE) OVER THE AIR ANTENNA THAT ALWAYS WORKS BECAUSE ICE AND RAIN CAUSE ME TO LOOSE DIRECTTV SERVICE. THESE IDIOTS WANT ME TO PURCHASE SERVICE THAT I NOW GET FREE AND IS MORE RELIABLE. IF LIKE THIS SERVICE STOP DRINKING!!!!!!!!

• I like the direct tv channels but as far as the company goes it is the worst one ever. The customer service tries to help but they dont follow thru and dont have common sense. I have had them 3 months and have had to call over a dozen times to get things straightened out. Something new comes up every month. Now the bill i received in the mail is a credit for $-27; but i get an email that my payment is due – I ignore it b/c I know i have a credit. Then I start getting past due notices in my email so i call – they say the bill they sent was done b4 they added my monthly charge and my new balance is $22. Now how do I pay a bill I dont even have/ They want to take payment over the phone so i dont get a late charge – you mean you give me NO time to make a payment when it is your stupid mistake? Well I write this to tell you they need watched like a HAWK. i stopped auto pay so I can read over the bill each month – I dont like the 2 year contract and the upbilling near the end of it so may go back to time warner -` at least i didnt have to call every month for their stupidity -Or should i say their thievery tactics?

• Hey…how can you "like" their channel line up…they have 140 channels advertised where I live….78 of those channels are INFOMERCIALS….this company sucks!!! I live on the Gulf on Mexico in Florida

• I’m a 20 year customer (soon to be not). I used to be you. I loved Directv. No more. Hope your luck continues.

• Was considering Directv but now no way would I deal with them…

• I recently signed up with direct tv, and had a dish installed in my apartment, and also purchased the insurance on it. When the installer came out, very nice, he told me that if I had any problems with the dish, the insurance would cover any charges that required him to return.. he never asked me for rules or regulations on how to set up a dish on my balcony, so he drilled it right on to my balcony. Since he is the professional and it is his job to know what is appropriate and what is not, I assumed he knew what he was doing. Two days later I got $100 dollar fine for "incorrect position of dish". Apparantley, it is supposed to be drilled onto a tripod, which I noticed all of the other 50 people in my apartment complex had, but he didnt do that for me. TO NO FAULT OF MY OWN, which even the manager of my apartment complex said, the installer should know better, I called direct tv and simply explained to them the mistake the installer had made, and that he needed to come back out and take it off the railing and put it on a tripod before I got fined AGAIN. They then began to explain that in order for this to be done, there would be a 50$ charge. I spoke to five different people , whom all of them were no help, and not considerate to my situation at all. Why should I have to pay ANYTHING for something that was not my fault. I was never told there were certain ways they were allowed to be set up, and He never once asked me for a copy on dish regulations. HE is the professional, not ME. The lady then told me that " all apartment complexes are different, and all have different rules." I was unaware, but if YOU were , then why , as a "professional" did you not make sure it was set up according to my apartment complexes policy. If he would have asked me for a copy of it, I would have walked down to the front desk and got one, and this all could have been avoided. I finally spoke to a Manager named Josephine , who proceeded to tell me " No amount of your words , is going to change the fact that you HAVE to pay this" I am disgusted that I now have to pay a company who treats new customers so horribly for the next two years. To me, loyalty is everything, if I am treated fairly, I would have been a life long customer to them. Because of their mistake, I am now $150 out of pocket for UNECASSARY charges. I am a 22 year old woman who is 8 months pregnant, I work full time to be able to provide the basic needs for me and my baby. $150 might not seem like anything to them, but to me That is groceries in my fridge, diapers for my child, or a minor bill paid. I am not an unreasonable person, but I feel as if in this situation I was treated extremely unfair. I should I have never cancelled with cox. Cox never once charged me for installment fees, or cancellation fees, because as a customer I was not happy. If a customer is not happy with the service, they should not have to pay. PERIOD. I will go out of my way to make sure that I stop people from signing up with direct tv, and I will NEVER refer ANYONE to them . I am counting down the days untill my contract is up. I can’t believe that I had to go as far as writing the president of the company a personal email to let him know how the people who represents his company treat their new customers. The only reason I went with direct tv because they were cheap. never again will I choose cheap over better customer service. ( direct tv over cox)

• Direct TV is a Nightmare that you cannot escape it’s like running from Freddy Kruger, worst customer service in the world. I’m a customer service rep at Omaha Steaks and I have never seen anything as bad as these people. PLEASE SOMEBODY ANYBODY END THE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I like the channel setup that DirectTV has but after all the trouble I have had with them, would never recommend it to anyone! Like Nichole, I first lived in an apartment and had a dish installed. When I moved from the apartment, I called DirectTV to remove the dish and they said they didn’t want it back. I had no tools to remove it so just left it there. I was later charged $50 by the apartment complex because they had to remove it. Then I moved from one state to another. The house where I moved to was in a very wooded area. My landlord told me that they had had DirectTV come out before and and the only place that they could get reception would have been to put the dish on the front of the house which the owner didn’t want because it would look bad. I told DirectTV this and told them I wanted to cancel my contract. The cancellation was going to cost me $80. They said if I would let them come out and check for a signal, if they couldn’t get one, they would cancel my $80 fee. I asked them that if they found they could get one but only by putting the dish on the front of the house would I still have to pay to cancel. They said yes. I said to just forget it, I would pay the cancellation fee. The guy on the phone just kept badgering me to not cancel. I finally told him I had no more time to spend and to just cancel. I received a final bill which I paid and then another statement showing that I owed 0. I was mailed a box to return my DVR and remote in which I did.
      Much to my surprise, the next month, a charge of $15.27 was charged against my bank account to DirectTV. When I called to question this charge since I had gotten a statement showing 0, I was told that after the DVR was returned it showed that I had bought pay per view movies 3 times 2 years earlier. I had no idea these had not been paid for. In fact, one of the movies I did not even remember and they said I had ordered it twice! Since the money had already been taken from my bank account, I had the operator give me her name and ID number and she assured me that I now owed nothing. I now have cable, I didn’t have to sign up for a contract, it is cheaper and I am happy. I will NEVER do business with DirectTV again and would never recommend it to anyone.

• I totally agree, if we as consumers go into their corporation and rob them the way they do consumers we would be brought up on charges

• There is a 90 day worry free service on new installs I am a rep with DTV , don’t know who is telling you what, but your story isn’t making since. So sick of everyone complaining blaming the company, since I’ve worked there we always strive to do as much as possible for our customers. Our pricing is upfront and we don’t claim to be the cheapest, but the best. Such as HD, sports, movie channels no one else is even close. My only job is to do whatever is possible to help customers out, but no one ever wants to lower their program package to save money they expect handouts, Do you think you should get a discount on a Mercedes just because you can only afford a Honda? We are no worse than any other company out there. So I hope people reading these blogs don’t actually believe all this, everything you read on internet is true, right? There is so much bologna in here it would take hours to explain everything stated falsely.

• Actually I have friends that cannot wait for their contract to be up with direct tv. Their bills almost tripled from what they were told it would be and the customer service has been awful. That is great that you are a good customer service rep but unfortunately for you the bad is out weighing the good. I have dish network and have been with them for 10 yrs. no hidden fees not customer service problems and if something is on my bill that shouldn’t be it agents taken off. Good customer service will go a long way.

• I think your job is more important than the truth…"always strive to do as much as possible for customers"…in whose dreams????? If the customers were that important then why are there contracts and early cancellation fees and absolutely NO REFUNDS????? It’s all about the money and not the customer and I’m sure every customer out there would agree!!!!

• Do YOU have dtv? That is when the problems start – they try to charge for things not agreed on and then ask like oh we told you -when that is just a lie, they shoud go back and listen to the recordings of the customer service and the lies. They are thieves and if ppl do not watch tier bills they will constantly try to run something by you; obviously they get away with it enough or they wouldn’t do it. I know of no other legitimate company that tries to get away wiht what they do. cant wait for my contract to be up. i hate having to babysit a company that steals and then lies about it. For 3 months i have had to call over and over to get stuff corrected – it gets corrected but takes many calls and wasted time.

• I agree with you 100% I had them for 5 months and it was nothing but a nightmare. It was a nightmare getting my money back from them (Most people do not get their money back). there are many other things they do also like if your equipment fails and you need a replacement this will automatically renew your contract for another 2 yrs. they will not hesitate to go into your bank account and debit it for any charges you may owe or they say you owe. If you cancel service before your contract is up they will charge you $20 per month for every month left on your contract plus try and charge for non-returned equipment fees. always get a tracking # when returning their items to prove they get them.

• John, you are not telling the whole fact. I would agree that few DTV customer service reps are ok but the majority have no clue what they are employed to do. Or maybe they are just helping DTV to steal from the customers. John, if you like I will give you my account number and check how many times I had to call DTV to resolve just a minor billing problem. Before I moved to different apartment, I called DTV and I was told since that was going to be my first move with DTV, it would be free to transfer my service. When I actually moved, I was told I would be charged $99. Nothing I said could convince the customer service rep it was free. The tech who came to install the receiver also said it should have been free. The $99 charges included $19.99 for shipping and handling. DTV didn’t ship anything to me or to the tech. I brought my old receiver and even the cable the tech used at my new place. There was already a DTV dish at the apartment. Well, probably they shipped the tech! I have 8 months to go and that would be it. No one should even think about getting DTV, unless you want to lose weight. It’s too much of work to be a DTV customer.

• DTV does not remove their old dishes from anywhere. You may be charged by your apt when you move to have it removed if you don’t do it yourself. DTV lies and then charges the customer for anything and everything they can. You would be wise to change your bank or credit card number they have on file for you and give them a prepaid cc for their files. this will prevent them from helping themselves to you account. If your equipment fails remember this adds another 2 yrs to your contract if you accept a replacement. and when returning their equipment get a tracking # to prove they get it. They often charge the customer for the equipment saying they did not get it. You really need to be on your toes with DTV because they have many dirty tricks ups their sleeve

• You may work for DirectTV but you obviously don’t know or are lying when you say DTV is "Up front". If that is the case why do they often not tell people there is a 2 yr contract they hide it on the back of a work order in very small print. DirectTv gives the customer only 24 hours if that to change their minds and cancel.without charging them a big cancellation fee. DirectTV may say they give a 90 day service on new installs but if their equipment fails but this often means extencing their contract for another 2 yrs. You pricing is anything but upfront to qualify for the lowest package price one has to have excellent credit and sign up for autopay. If DirectTV is "upfront" as you say why do they have such a bad BBB report and hide their requirements in such fine print? Everything you read on the internet is not true but 99.99% of complaints about DirectTV is!

• John, I don’t know who you are or who you work for but the complaints on here are valid! I don’t know where you get the 90 day worry free service because this is the BOLOGNA and we all know it!!!!

• I love the fact that a Directv CSR has spoken up. The people complaining do not read the contracts, do not understand how Directv works. I am tired of people complaining that they were charged for movies they watched and never paid for or charged because they broke the contracts or charged because the stole the directv receivers and never returned them when they cancelled their Directv contracts.

• I had a friend who was an installer for DTV. After 3 months he quite. He was tired of the lies. He was told what to say to customers and the rest you were to keep your mouth shut. So there are things the installers know they just don’t say. He was getting a commission on all the dishes he installed and people that he got to sign up. I have had DTV in the past and the bills were never right. charges for things I never got. So I would never recommend this company to anyone. I will go out and rent a movie first or watch my net flex.

• I hope for your sake that your bill is cheaper but most people find they are more expensive. The installer did know better this is just another of DTV’s scams to get more money out of the customer. Beware if any of your equipment fails and you need a replacement, this will extend your contract with DTV for another 2 yrs. they will not tell you this until you try to cancel service then they will charge you a big early cancellation fee .when sending any equipment back to them be sure to get a tracking# to prove they get it. also if you gave them your bank or credit card# you need to change the number or account of whichever they have on file for you and get a prepaid credit card for their files this will prevent them from going into your account and debiting your account and not telling you if you owe any back payments. Don’t believe a word DTV tells you because they lie. It would be wise to read the other complaints against them and you will realize what kind of company you are dealing with.

• I would rather try and make contact with the IRS, worse customer service ever!!! A root canal would be better!

• Horrible customer service. I have been on the phone for 3 1/2 hours and they keep telling me there is nothing they can do to help me. I was quoted one price and then given two completely different prices. I have talked to 9 different people about this and NO ONE can help me. I was given a phone number to talk to a manager and the girl told me that all the managers were in a meeting at 10:26 pm. I just can not believe this is how direct tv treats their customers.

• The reason you cannot get anywhere is that you are talking to people in the Phillippines that can speak English but do not comprehend English. Next time you call them, ask them what country that are in and if they can transfer you to a person who speaks English as a first language. They cannot.

• SHAME on Direct TV for your ad about the dog being carried away by an Hawk/Eagle! IT IS NOT FUNNY!!! What is the point you are trying to make , I will never again consider Direct TV as an option.

• what dose that have to do with the tv service lady?

• I hate your add for product, where the little dog is picked up by the hauck, this is something that Dish tv would put on, never thought you people would. It’s NOT funny, it’s sick, from a very SICK minded person, you might check to find just how many people have lost there pets to something like that.

• Directv gives special prices for new customers, and then doesn’t honer them. Debits your account for full price.

• As far as i’m concerned, direct tv should be stuck strait up their "***"!!! Nothing but a ******* rip off. **** forbid if the power goes out and it has to reboot, it will take a minimum of 10 minutes to reload, but it says on screen, only a few seconds more. Yeah RIGHT!!! Then of course if a bird happens to take a **** inline of the beam, the signal fails!! Worst of all is their customer service. And AND!! As of now I’m on my 2nd box and that cost me 20.00 to return it. And NO I was not offered the service plan by the jerk off at the Sam’s club store. So now to even get that plan and / or want to get, say HBO added? I have to renew my contract all over again. Last but not least, talk about slooooowww!!! Hey c-mon it’s 2013 DUH!!! So where is all that technology at ?????? I just can’t wait till 2014 so I can dump this piece of **** so called sat system. Like I said in the beginning…STICK THIS **** IN YOUR ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Could you believe that DIREC TV placed a friendly PPV block on my bill in 2009, just for me to get a upgrade on my t.v. in 2012 and receive a $700 bill acording to the receivers. They had found that supposely had happen in 2010. What a joke are you for real is that the way they keep their business going bye cheating people out of their money? This did not just happen to me but, my 62 year old aunt also, according to them We were looking at movies called. Nude Sugar Mommies: h***y and Suicide Girls Italian Vil.