Sleep Number Beds

Most Recent Sleep Number Beds Complaints

Is Sleep Number Beds a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Beds / Mattresses Directory ListingSelect Comfort Corporation Listing

Dishonest delivery dates

We purchased a sleep number mattress in Lexington, KY on November 7. The sales personnel were very nice and friendly and told us that the initial mattress we were going to buy had a shipping date of 8 weeks. We wanted a mattress right away and so bought a more expensive one in order to get it in 3 weeks.

On December 3, since I had heard nothing from them about a shipping date. I called an 800 number on the receipt. After being on hold for 6 minutes, a person answered. She told me I had the wrong number for my zip code and she transferred me. At that number I got a recording that said the phones were busy and to call again or go to the website. I called the sales person who had sold me the mattress.

She said she couldn’t help and gave me a phone number. It was the same one I called before. I then went to the website and sent an e-mail to customer service. I received an automatic reply saying that they would respond within 5 days. I called customer service and actually got a person. He transferred my to delivery. They said they could deliver December 21.

So, that is almost the entire 8 weeks that I would have supposedly waited had I ordered the less expensive one. If Sleep Number cannot keep up with their sales, they need to either stop selling beds until they get caught up or hire more delivery people. It is dishonest and bad business to deliver 4 weeks later than promised.

Most Recent Sleep Number Beds Reviews

Consumer Comments For Sleep Number Beds

• robert

i have purchased two beds and facilitated the sale of two more by my recommendation in the last twenty years. my newest, most deluxe, most expensive model pretty much disintegrated over ten years. the plastic bladder port crumbled. broken pieces of the port stuck in the pump hose rendering it unusable. the mattress case fell apart at the seems and elsewhere. this bed was unused for half the time as i travel in my job. they wanted nearly nine hundred dollars for replacement parts.
    customer service offered only rote recitation of warranty specifics, attitude, tone of voice and obnoxious asides. the last csr i spoke with told me she didn’t believe me.
    on the positive side, their obnoxious csr’s inspired me to try tempurpedic. i love it.
    to hell with sleep number.

• Just my .02

deleted

• Billy

Your father’s 91 year old bones are the cause of his issue. Not the Sleep Number bed.

• CS Palmer

This company may have been customer oriented at one time but I’m not feeling that way about them right now. They sure were friendly taking our money when we bought a total of five of their beds. My 91 year old father has had problems for at least the last year and a half with his bed. I’ve been to the store that sold it to him and I’ve called customer service. They are more than happy to sell you a bed but have minimal service after the fact. They have NO one who can come out to actually see or fix the problem he’s having, so we’ve done everything the customer service folks told us to try. At least they tried to help us. The salesman? Not so much as far as getting help to actually fix the problem. End result? We just spent the last two nights at the emergency room making sure my father hadn’t broken his ribs because of this bed. All because this company has made no allowances to have someone come out to SEE what was actually going on. We would have happily paid for a service call. Instead he is now dealing with severely bruised ribs and huge medical bills. Guess what? We told everyone we could in the ER exactly why we were there. We’re going back to Sealy Posturepedic.