Comenity Bank Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Company Information

Last Updated On: September 15, 2014

Comenity Bank Corporate Contact

Business Name: Comenity LLC.
PO Box 182273

Comenity Bank Ratings and Reports

Reported Losses: $2,218,448.09

Latest Comenity Bank Complaint

Never Again!

I opened up a credit card with Comenity Bank to purchase a puppy at a Petland store. Well 4 days after purchase come to find out the puppy is not the toy breed i was told i purchased, as well as having multiple parasites that are able to transmit to humans, among kennel cough …

Well in less than 2 months it cost us over 1200.00 in vet bills and she was still having issues. I tried to return he puppy from the moment i know something wasn’t right. The whole fight with Petland Waterford Lakes and Pawsitive solutions has been a joke.

So i contacted the bank that did the financing. I gave them all the information from vet bills to the correspondence between myself and the petstore/their claims service. This bank did not even look into this matter before telling me there is nothing they will do. Guess ill get my money back in court.

Thanks for nothing Comenity Bank! You will never see anymore of my money!

See More Comenity Bank Complaints View Comments File a NEW Complaint

Is Comenity Bank a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Older Reviews About Comenity Bank

Consumer Comments For Comenity Bank

• If you owe JJill $80.00 your statement will say you owe a balance , for example, of $150.00 that interest is due on. This trick is known as daily balance averaging so therefore you pay interest on a balance that is already paid. What a racket!

• I have had nothing but good service with Comenity Bank. Just sayin

• After more than ten years of having perfect credit with them, I was late on one payment and this company called constantly, numerous times a day, sometimes five minutes apart. This harassment continued even several days after I sent the payment. I’m going to close all of my accounts with them.

• Im sorry to hear about so many bad experiences but ive never had problems with any of my accounts far as bill payment excessive charges or them not receiving my payments they have also given me very generous increases within a 2 yr span!!! they are backed by comenity but each card has their own specific customer service number try calling the individual numbers to get better results( shrugs)

• this company is a scam pay your bill a week before . i pay my bill on time and there system post a day late
    its a scam

• I am dealing with the financial affairs of my 91 year old mother. I stopped paying this company when I realized my mother was paying $14.95 a month for some kind of "assurance" and no purchases at all. Needless to say, they have continued billing and harassing us since November 2013.
    I told them that they would never get a nickel, and they should go ahead and hurt my mother’s credit rating at 91. They still call and demand payment. I respond to "go ‘f’ yourself.
    Never accept any credit from this so-called "bank". Horrible people.

• While I was in Florida on vacation I stopped at a Bealls store and made a purchase. They said if I got a card I would get a 205 discount. They did not say it was a credit card. I said okay because I had just shopped at a Bealls outlet store and they had said the same thing, however they assured me it was not a credit card just a shoppers whereby I could get a 10% discount. When I got home I had a charge card and a bill from the Bealls store. The bill said if not paid by April 10 I could be charged a late fee of $25.00. I had used my Visa to pay for my purchase I did not know they opened a charge account for me and they billed me on the Bealls charge and my Visa. Now I have to write a letter, send in my proof that this happened in order to clear this up. I close the account immediately. This is very frustrating to say the least. Be careful and do not accept a card for a discount because you will have a credit card and a double bill to deal with.

• I had an excellent experience with Comenity bank which lead me to seek out a site to acknowledge them. I was experiencing financially hardship and got months behind in paying my bills. I decided to answer the numerous calls they were making to my home. By the grace of Good that I didn’t get upset. You know how we can get when debt collectors are calling for payments we just don’t have and often have to make decisions as to paying a bill or using the funds on other necessities just to survive to the next pay week. Most borrow are true to their word and want to meet their financial obligations. It can be frustrating when you are unable to do so. Getting to the point. The representative askef for permission to review my account and stated that he noticed a past pattern of me playing my bill on time and noticed I accurred a lot of late fees and interest charges when my account became diliquent. The rep stated that he was waiving my late fees and interest charges which brought my bill down from $1000 to $300. He them inguired on if I had any other accounts with them which I did. He reviewed those accounts as well and adjusted the interest and late fees. I am a true believer that God will supply all of your needs the way he see fit. But I also want to acknowledge Comenity bank because I never had that experience with any other financial insitution . It 2014 I plan and will pay off my debt and no longer be a slave to financial insitutions. By what I can afford and only need. C Carter

• I’ve had a great experience with them I charge two different cards every 3 months and no problems I give myself rewards then put my cards on punishment till I pay them and comenity has given me fabulous increases and the increases were he everytime

• This company called my home three times with in 45 minutes 3 consecutive days in a row even after I told them the account holder had passed away. Account and or billing not my responsibility but they keep calling and wanting MONEY MOney Money….

Quit calling me…..

• I paid my bill off completely and they knew it but for some reason still added 84 cents to my next bill so they could charge a late fee if, for some reason, I thought my bill was paid off! Earlier this year I also paid off my bill with them and they added tons of late fees-I didn’t check my statement because I’d paid it off, so they had free reign to just keep adding late fees on top of late fees. How can we sue these people? My mortgage broker who was working with me to buy a new house seems mad at ME and seems to think I’m being irresponsible as it’s affected my credit adversely. How can we sue them?

• Even though a person pays off the balance in full, interest accrues throughout the month, thereby resulting in a small amount due reflected upon the next statement–and once paid–is considered paid in full. Varying credit cards have varying interest rates/terms–which is how small balances appear (via interest accrual) the next month despite the balance being paid in full for the current month.

When I pay off my balances in full, I ALWAYS check the next month to assure no accruing interest carried forward.

Hope this helps!
      Dena

• Stay away from this bank!!! I was late on my bill and I did not know it. Their collectors were calling my phone constantly while I was at work where I could not answer their calls. I was working 12 hour shifts almost everyday. They got mad and so they called in the whole balance and had nasty remarks to say because I did not answer their phone calls…d**n I do have text messaging, voice mail, email, regular mail!!! How rude they are. Fortunately, I did not owe them much. I paid their a***s off in full. Then they bitched because I sent them a paper check by regular mail. They said that that is not how they do it. Well that is how I do it!
    Now I am checking all my accounts to see if any are associated with this bank. If I find out any are connected to Comenity Bank then they will be paid off and out of my life forever!!! I will not do business with this bank!!!!

• me too and charging tremendous fees
      phone payments also cost 15.00 and access online is hit or miss

• This is a scambug bank thyre asking to pay individuals that even not used a credit card and now thyre asking to submit a letter to sent back to them with all the information which not even used…thyre asking my husband to pay them for a payment that he dont even get a motorola celphone which was purchased in california that we are here in Utah. how come his name get into it?

• Comenity bank SUCKS! Retailers switching to Comenity are losing business because people don’t want to deal with Comenity. It is the worst banking experience i have ever had and I have a credit score of 790 until Talbots decided to switch to Comenity during the time I was working overseas. They did not notify me by email only by snail mail. So, I sent my payment of a whopping $300 to the old Talbots account. Then I sent it again because it did not get cashed and I assumed something happened in the mail. After being late 2x’s they dinged my credit by more than 100 points. The person receiving my mail told me about the letter so I called and immediately paid the balance of $300 in full. Still my credit report has been affected and they are doing nothing about it. I am now back in the USA buying a house which i more than qualify for but have to pay an extra 1.5% in interest because of $300 adn Comenity/Talbots inability to properly notify customers.

• I have a Beall’s account through you, and since you changed your registration procedure in January, I have not been able to log on to the web site to make my payment. I mailed this month’s, but in the future I want to be able to pay on line. I do not have a split
    screen, therefore cannot get my ID code, All I want to do is make a payment as I have done since Day 1. and now cannot. Is
    there a way you can automatically deduct it from my checking every month on the 4th. If not, please send me a bill from now
    on. I am thoroughly angered by this change.

• I had made an online payment to Comenity. The payment ( to pay my account in full ) was deducted from my bank account in Dec. Oddly enough Comenity has no record of this and refuses to credit my account. I have worked with TD Bank ( who are awesome) to remedy this. TD has given me ALL the information they have regarding this transaction and Comenity will not remedy this. So do I file a dispute or simply let our legal system do what they do best.

• this card sat in an envelope unopened but somehow they claimed i had a bill due of $41, I told them "i never activaated this card" they say it comes activated so i owe the activation fees. this was back in 2007 and on mystatement it says I’ve been a client since 2012 when in fact i closed this account in 2009 but on my credit report today (2014) it is apparently still open…..

• Amazing! I’m going through a very similar problem! My deceased mother had an account with them through Romans. Now they say it was mine since 2007! I mysteriously never paid $288 to Romans according to Experian Credit Reporting. What? I’ll know more on the 20th of March 2014

• Horrible company scam they charged my card half of the original amount when my 0 percent interest was not paid in full. I have record that I was to pay in full the next month. I went online to pay in full early and had the finance charge of $569 for one month, I originally put $1200.00 on the card. This is a joke and want to spread the word about their horrible services.

• January 15,2014. Just got a letter from Comenity bank asking to verify my account information toward a credit card application. This is a scam trying to phish personal information from us. I have reported it to the Post master general as well as my local representative

• my mother has another $90 bill due to comenity bank. This is the second or third time i’ve had to settle such an account. This time it is for a Blair Vip account for a catalogue house from which my mother bought a single $12 item 3 months ago. it’s all legal, of course! i want to relay along my experience so here it is.
    i got a phone call from Comenity representative and she told me that there were 2 late fees due to comenity for $14.50 and 2 (or 3) Blair Vip monthly ‘membership" charges for $14 plus interest chg of $1.3 two times plus either postage or a 3rd vip charge.
    i said we were not getting bills. (My elderly mother spends a lot of time on her mail and focuses on bills so i am wondering if they are even sending out the statements!) The agent kindly waived the late fees and i paid $59 to clear the balance. i got her to explain the charges and she told me that Blair Vip was a 3rd party that Blair was afiliated with and i would have to contact them to close the account. i got the number for Blair Vip from her and the
    csrat Blair Vip told me that she couldn’t find the account or my mothers address or phone number and connected me with their billing department at….. Comenity Bank. Third party indeed! There i talked to an agent Who acknowleged she had accounts for my mother at Talbots and Haband Catalogue in addition to Blair Catalogue. She cancelled the account which my mother was lured into signing up for in order to save 20 percent on the initial purchase or something like that.
    it stinks. Obviously Blair ViP is Comenity in disguise. i doubt Comenity has a brick and mortar branch anywhere. They are predators and i would like to know if others are not getting bills from them. i bet they own Blair, haband and any number of cyber retailers. They are also the bank for hsn. All peddling the same merchandise i’ll bet.
    john,
    kulcousy2@earthlink.net

• ** WARNING *** DO NOT USE THIS BANK *** CANCEL ALL CREDIT CARDS YOU HAVE WITH COMMENITY**.
    They continue to bill me with late fees for a $12 magazine that I canceled.
    Each new bill has new late fees. They are ruining my credit.
    Their answer – pay the bill!!!!! Their staff on the phone are drones.
    I also spoke with a supervisor – same blank solid wall.
    I will be posting comments for months until they fix my account.

• Jay Coane is president of Alliance Data (ADS on caller ID). Alliance Data is owned by Comenity Bank (the credit company that owns our store cards – new, old, inactive – whatever – if you’ve had a card through WFNB then Comenity now owns your info and they either want to sell you something or they’re calling to scare you into paying more on whatever balance you have.) Comenity also owns Epsilon, a direct marketing company priding themselves on telemarketing. Here’s the thing everyone needs to be aware of – they will call you if you have a balance – PERIOD! Late or not, they’re going to call. When Comenity bought out WFNB some of our cards became invalid but our balances still exist. If that’s the case, they want their money and they want it paid in full. I pay my monthly minimum so it doesn’t hurt my credit in any way but they don’t care, they see an outstanding balance on a card that no longer exists and THEY WANT THE MONEY. Too bad, so sad! Don’t trust these people. If you start searching for comenity, epsilon, or alliance data then you’ll see how sketchy they are.

Jay Coane works out of Alliance Data’s Wilmington, DE office but he lives in Philadelphia. He was CFO but is now President. Alliance Data has a call centers in OH and CO. If you’re receiving calls from a 614 or 913 number than it’s Alliance Data. If you receive a call from a 303 number it’s Epsilon, they’re calling you from TX. But in the grand scheme of things its Comenity Bank calling to scare you or to sell something to you.

I say we call Mr. Jay Coane as often as he calls us, a call for a call!
    John J. Coane 610-793-5997/ 484-888-5898 (mobile)
    Five Peale Drive, West Chester, Pennsylvania 19382
    jaycoane@comcast.net http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jay-coane/b/413/b2a
    *This info is a little old – but at one point it was accurate and might still be – and this is 100% the backbone of the company who harasses thousands of Americans and calls using HORRIBLE scare tactics.

• I agree with you I say EVERY ONE he has ripped or pissed off call him as many times a day as they can!!!! I don’t have an account with them and they charged my debt card for 40.00 and that has led to over draw my account. These people need to be held accountable. Keep updating each other and possible solutions.

• I just received letters that 2 cards I have through them have been closed as of Dec 26th (letter dated Jan 2) No reason given. I had no balance no late payments. Just haven’t used lately. This better not go against my credit rating which is very good. From what I have read from other post something needs to be done about this banks practices.

• uh oh. I guess I am going to have to cancel any CC from Comenity. ugh! Well no great loss!

• WHY isn’t something being done about this fraud Comenity Bank?!

• I USED COMENITY’S BANK PAY ME LATER ACCOUNT FOR JEWELRY I BOUGHT AT JC PENNY. IT WAS FOR 6 MONTHS AND I DILIGENTLY PAID THE AMOUN I OWED THEM EVERY MONTH. ON THE LAST MONTH I DID NOT GET MY E STATEMENT FROM THEM AS MY COMPUTER WAS DOWN FOR A WEEK.
    AS SOON AS MY COMPUTER WAS WORKING AGAIN I REALIZED THAT I OWED THEM ONE LAST PAYMENT FOR $175 WHICH WAS DUE DEC 1ST 2013.
    THIS WAS DEC 6TH 2013. I IMMEDIATELY CALLED THE BANK AND PAID THE BALANCE IN FULL.
    I FAXED THE BANK WHAT HAPPENED AND ASKED IF THEY WOULD WAIVE THE INTEREST AND LATE FEE.
    THEY REFUSED. HOWEVER I WILL KEEP AFTER THEM . I WILL NEVER USE BILL ME LATER AGAIN AND WILL MAKE SURE ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS INCLUDING JC PENNYS WHAT A SHODDY COMPANY THEY ARE.
    I AGREE WE WHOULD FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM.
    ALSO I WILL WRITE TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MY STATE SENATOR TO INVESTIGATE THEM.

• So let me get this straight. You knew that you had 6 months to pay and get 0% interest on whatever you bought from JCP when you bought it. Your computer broke right at the due date of the last payment of 6 months (and you knew that), yet only paid after your computer came back up after the due date and you are pissed you are getting assessed a penalty for paying late when you knew for 6 months you had to pay it all off by then? And because you happen to not know how to manage finances you want a class action lawsuit because a company assessed late penalties when they said they would if you don’t pay? Look in a freaking mirror.

• I setup Bill Pay through my credit union so NOW I know my monthly bill will be paid. Comenity Bank will no longer get that $12.00 payment fee or a late fee because I can’t access my account on line. I’m paying my Jessica London account off just as quickly as I can. I’ve been a customer with JL for 10 years and I’ve become highly POed for the last three months dealing with Comenity.net

• It’s nearly impossible to pay on line with this bank. I had to get on the phone and then they tell you to pay your bill over the phone, you have to pay $15. Went back on line and still couldn’t get into my account. Tried to pay with check and left off one number. I realized the mistake before Comenity did and paid my bill in full. A few days later, I got a letter that my account was suspended until I paid my balance, which I already had. I got this card through Bealls and I will never, ever, ever use it again. I have almost perfect credit so to have a bank suspend my account and possibly affect my credit rating is bad business and as a result, Comenity will not get my business anymore. Banks are the scourge of society and this was just further proof of their criminal like activities on unsuspecting consumers. Pay in cash people…pay in CASH!

• I have 2 credit cards through Comenity Bank. And I’m having problems with making payments online. I haven’t used the one card in months. The other card I use regularly. I logged in the card that I use regularly and scheduled payments. Then when I get the confirmation email for the payment it is going to the other card!!! I’ve had to call to cancel the scheduled payment. Then I went back to put the payment on the right card, and it did it again!!! After it happened the first time, I thought maybe I had scheduled the payment on the wrong account website, but after it happened the second time I knew it wasn’t my mistake. These cards are for 2 different stores, and the access website are totally separate. Frustrating!!!!

• I paid my bill online ON THE DUE DATE but because it was 5:30 p.m. central time, it was past 6:00 p.m. eastern time. I called the pay-your-bill-by-phone number but it was closed because it was Sunday. They wouldn’t take my $25.00 late fee off. I like Eddie Bauer, but I’m closing my account. Poor customer service & I don’t need this.

• Comenity bank is a scam. We all need to a class action suit against Comenity bank and name all these shops in the suit.

I have only used my Loft card one time and Comenity charged all kinds of interest on it even though I had paid off the total and now, I returned an item to the store but the store charged on the credit card (even though the card had been cancelled) and now I get a bill every month with interest being charged because the clerk credited my bank account instead of the credit card. I have sent them a copy of the return receipt and a letter but Comenity tells me they have nothing to do with Loft but I can’t get an address for Loft and Loft would only give me Comenity’s address.

If you send any communication to Comenity be sure to send it certified mail of registered mail as they will deny they ever received anything from you. There is no email address for them and no phone number. This is a scam bank that shops like Loft, Talbut’s, J Crew and other shops are using and I have stopped shopping at Loft. Only use your Master card or Visa or discover or Capital one cards anywhere and if they don’t accept those cards, don’t buy anything from the shop. Don’t get any shop cards or department store cards.

• I am trying to find out how to lodge a complaint against Comenity Bank for a credit card I have from Herbergers. I had the card about 6 months and had no issues with payments and I do not think my balance ever exceeded $150. I was 2 days late this past month & I received 8 calls in 2 days and one of the calls was at 7:30 AM CST on a Saturday. I was going to submit a consumer complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau but they require an e-mail address for the company and neither Comenity or the Ohio BBB have the company’s e-mail address. Can anyone help me with ideas of how to find it?

• I had a credit limit of over $1000.00 on my Victorias Secret Card. The previous bank kept increasing my credit limit on their own. I was late a couple times but have been paying it off on time for the past year. After they switched to Comenity I noticed my credit limit was decreased significantly and I am now $470 over my credit limit. WTF. I never got a notice of any sort, and it doesn’t seem right considering I wasn’t over or close to being over before the decrease.

• I’ve had two credit cards, the Avenue and Ashley Stewart. I admit these accounts were delinquent. I have been dealing with financial difficulties so paying my bills in a timely fashion became a problem. I don’t have a problem fulfilling my obligations but I do have a problem with being threatened and talked to by their representative in an inappropriate manner! This representative, Mr. Young, spoke to me using a forceful, demanding and raised volume. He was completely out of line! It seemed his intent was to humiliate and degrade me. I cannot believe that any financial institution would allow or permit their employees to do this. However, now that I’ve seen the complaints posted here, I’m not surprised. I see the probability of this company not being a reputable one. I agree with the other complaints I’ve read, if a department store is using Comenity to represent them, I no longer want to do business with that department store!

• I have been dealing with this bank for almost a year. I have had no problems whatsoever! It really surprises me all these complaints

• me too marge I am baffled at all these complaints ive had zero!!!

• I am having problems with Blair thru Commenity bank. They flood my mailbox with catalogs that say I am a star customer, however the clothes I ordered were inferior quality. I never ordered again, and tried to pay off my debt with them, but when I send in payments they always say I was late and use it for their delinquent charges. There is no one to talk to. A payment over the phone cost $15 and who knows what they decide to do with payments except call them late and add fees.

• that’s illegal to post your payments late or take without consent. ask to speak to a supervisor, explain what’s going on and be nice….it will get you far.

• I also had trouble with Blair’s bank problems with a return that was made to them. After going thru four months of correspondence, phone calls, etc. I finally cleared up the account. Now I do not order from Blair at all and throw all of their catalogs in the trash. Even after I spoke to supervisors, manager, and everyone else I could think of, it did not do any good. The supervisors and managers are the ones that inform the regular operators what to say. Best just to forget them completely.

• Springstone Financial is part of this scammy bank. I was forced to use an automated phone system for payment while trying to make an ontime payment…..and then charged 15.00 to do it all to avoid a late fee of 35.00. I refuse to have credit cards with banks like this. I have great credit but absolutely will not do business with them. I’m canceling my J Crew card after I realized they use this bank, the interest rate is also 24.99%! Stay away!!!!!

• COMENITY BANK=RIP OFF
    DON`T EVER BUY FROM ANY COMPANY THAT DEALS WITH COMENITY BANK!!!!!!

• I have a credit card with comenity for Pier 1. Every time I go to pay it online, I have trouble accessing my account. It will not accept my user ID or password. So, I call them and they say it is all straightened and guess what? Same problem next month. I love Pier 1 but ate this new bank so may have to cancel my card!! Frustrating!

• I’ve had the same problem with logging in to make a payment to Jessica London account. Either my user name is not accepted or the password is incorrect so I’m told. When I request it, I’m assured it will be sent by email within 48 hrs. My payment is due in less than 24 hrs. and I’m patiently waiting…OR I could pay by phone plus a $15.00 fee. I’ve been with Jessica London for ten years and NEVER had this much difficulty since comenity.net/jessicalondon started receiving my payments. It won’t ne as long as it has been!!! ($15.00 payment fee; $35.00 late fee; Is this Bank trying for both each month?)

• Have received a form letter from Comenity Bank concerning privacy notice. To opt out, must call 800 number. I have no card or business with this bank that I am aware of and actually had not even heard of this bank. Based on comments on this site, I assume this is a scam of some sort.

• if you are receiving letters, you have a card. probably old and you forgot. they finance 100’s of card used to be called world financial network bank WFNB/WFNNB/WFCB. they do mostly store cards, victoria’s secret, ann taylor, hsn, express, edie bauer, the limited, trek bikes, etc.

• Comenity recently took over credit card operations for Ann Taylor, Talbots, Bergner’s and they do Pier1 also. I will be closing all these accounts because they do not provide the service of downloading transactions as all the previous accounts did. What’s more, they don’t even understand this. They apparently did not seek to provide the same level of service these individual stores’ banks did and for this reason, I will close my accounts with everyone. In this day and age, you should be able to download transactions to Quicken file extension type QFX. American Express does, my credit union does, Comenity Bank does not.
      You may have an account with one of these or other stores that have been taken over by Comenity. Close them is my suggestion.

• I have a Talbot’s credit card and it has now been moved to Comenity bank to pay the bills. I sent a check a month ago for payment. Well, the check has yet to go through. Now I am getting another bill with interest added on because I did not meet the deadline for payment of the first check, which I most certainly did; always have and always will. This has never happened before. I mailed several bills on the same day, and they all went through except for this one. This is really suspicious. Now I am determined that from now on, I will just use my debit card to pay off and not use any more credit cards because apparently many of the companies I shop with use this bank. I am very disappointed.

• I also have a Talbots a/k/a Comenity Bank card. I would suggest making payments at one of the retail stores, versus online or over the phone. At least if you pay at a store, you get a receipt which shows the date and time you submitted payment. This also gives you a documented trail, in the event they claim you did not pay on time. Just saying.

• Watch out for a new scheme. They tricked me into going over my credit limit and now they have changed the terms of my account to where it will soon be delinquent. They WANT my account to be delinquent and are trying to trick me into delinquency. It’s not going to work, I am on to Comenity Bank. Woman Within and One Stop Plus are at fault for using a bank like this. I will not shop there again.

• there is NO charge to be over the credit limit. you need to re-read your terms. you are only considered delinquent if you do not pay on time. you are completely wrong in this.

• There is NO charge in being over credit limit. TRUE, BUT, this will show up on your credit file with TransUnion and it is a NEGATIVE for future credit.

• They just reduced my limit by 50% out of nowhere! I believe it.

• I was a customer of Herberger’s for years and I loved Herberger’s, still do but so long as Comenity is their card processor – I will not do business with them.
    I was a loyal customer and always paid on time then Bon-Ton (Herberger’s parent) switched to Comenity and I got a notice that my credit card payment was rejected for insufficient. I had funds so I was angry and it literally took MONTHS of trying to find out what happened. Apparently, it was due to my account change and, NOT lack of funds. Trying to contact an English speaking customer service rep was a nightmare. Then to get reimbursed for their outrageous fees – another nightmare. I called and wrote letters, then finally copied Bon-Ton. Then, Comenity sent me a letter saying they valued me and had coupons enclosed, LMAO – there were NO coupons enclosed. Further, I can’t even download my paperless statements???? Comenity SUCKS!
    I was a loyal and on time paying customer but after Comenity’s cr*p, I am paying off my account and will NEVER do business with any retailer that utilizes Comenity.

• I would not deal with this bank. Only reason I was involved with them because Carson’s chose them to process their card business. I made two payments electronically. They claimed they did not get them. I checked the statement on line and it showed one of the payments was received. On a reply letter after the date of posting, they still claimed they have not and added late fee and interest. I sent them a proof of payment. It meant nothing to them. On one of the phone calls, the person answering said he was from a call center working for the bank. He would not even help the person form the Carson’s Store with the proof of purchase in hand.

Only thing I would say to Carson – Comenity may be charging less for payment processing but you get what you pay for. Drop these yahoos ASAP.

• I was just was turned down for a Christopher Banks CC with a score of 944 o/o 999 possible from Equifax. From what I read, who would want to do business with these people. They want dead beats they can bat around. The excuse was that I had too many recent inquiries on my credit report – duhhhh. I recently bought a car so that makes sense as every dealer I went to probably checked me out. Who would want to do business with these unscrupulous people.

• I was flabbergasted by the way I was treated today. I had an Ashley Stewart account 15-years ago, and the company never informed me that I had a balance of 46.00 owed to them. I was very, very upset. I would not have known if I did not pull my credit report. On top of that, they said that I had to pay an additional $15.00 for a transaction fee for paying by a debit or check by phone. She would not provide me with an address to send my payment to, and said these were the only 2-options. I absolutely lost it. I told her that this was totally ridiculous and is not fair to the consumer. Something has to be done about companies like this. We work to hard for our hard earned money to be harassed and threatened by people like this. Unbelievable. Can you say Class Action Suit. I will be calling the company back tomorrow and telling them about my experience.

• While being considered for a new line of credit, it was reported to the bank that I was deceased. Through much investigative research and paying for another Credit Report, I found that Comenity Bank had reported me deceased and closed my Bon Ton account. Getting through to someone on the phone is impossible. ARGH!!!!

• on a bright side, things could be worse for you…you could be…deceased =)

• I am so angry at this bank. FOUR weeks ago I, by mistake, paid off my Eddie Bauer card ($523.00) twice. I paid first on EB’s website but didn’t get confirmation that I did so. I presumed it didn’t go through. I decided to pay through my bank Bill Pay. A few days later I see that BOTH payments went through. I called up Comeity and told them to refund my money. They said that I would have to wait TWENTY ONE DAYS. I said huh? That’s a lie. Then they tried to tell me that it’s a Federal Law that any refund over $200 has to be "verfied". I said to them to just put back MY money……and don’t make me wait, please. They finally said "3-5 days". In 3-5 days it was not there. I called them again. Now they tell me I have to wait until tomorrow (Tuesday April 22) for them to put it in my bank account. They wouldn’t back down worth anything. They just kept spouting off about this "federal law". I said "no you are making money off of mine and that is not right". I went to my bank asking if they ever heard of such a thing. They said NEVER. I just called EB but of course they cannot help me because this is their charge card. When I went to my bank she looked in my account and saw NOTHING…..She said it should be showing process and it’s not there. I am fit to be tied!

• Take them to small claims court, as long as you have the evidence, you’d be able to do so. (And you might not even need a lawyer) although, you could talk to one to see if they think you have a chance. Many will do so freely.

• Have a Lane Bryant account with them, trying to get rid of them as fast as I can!! Pay off my balance and cut up card!! These people are so sneaky and underhanded, please for your own sake don’t ever do business with them

• I received an offer in the mail to open a credit card with Comenity Bank. I receive these kinds of offers all the time from various credit card companies. I shred them and throw them away so as not to allow someone to steal the information and apply for credit in my name. But I noticed on the form that I could call a number and "opt out" of receiving their junk mail. I called the number and the first thing they asked for was my social security number in order to be able to remove my name from their mailing list. What???????? And for what purpose? I don’t give my SSN out to anyone. And ESPECIALLY over the phone to a bank I’ve never even heard of. Something isn’t right about this company for sure.

• Yeap, something is most definitely going on with this bank. Victoria Secret is now showing on my credit report as late payments, when I paid it off early last year and stopped using it. Called today to ask why and the lamo on the phone states, its from a late payment in 2011 that they didnt take off….I’m like……WHAT THE f**k ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!! Now I have to send the Billing dispute division a letter stating that this card was paid off in 2012. This is just bullshit!! s******g my credit report up because they are a bunch of morons!!

• Comenity Bank sent me a credit card bill with a large late charge. I called them and bounced off their iron curtain a few times trying to find out where I could mail a copy of the cancelled check proving I had paid the bill in full. After more frustration than anyone should endure, they gave me an address.

I mailed the copy to them and in a very short time they said I should contact my bank because they didn’t get the check and I must pay again. PAY TWICE!! The amount is $141.00.

DO BUSINESS WITH COMENITY BANK IF YOU PLEASE.

• THE BANK IS VERY VERY VERY RUDE. NO RESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER AT ALL. THEY DO NOT HAVE
    COMPASSION FOR THE CUSTOMER. WHO IS TRYING THEIR BEST TO PAY. THEY CALL YOU EVERY 5 MINUTES FOR A PAYMENT. THAT IS HARRASSING.

• These SO*&%s call seven or eight times a day every day, and we are not in arrears on anything!

• I agree only 2 days late and got harassed by this bank and they closed my account, they suck….!

• Oh yeah they are HORRIBLE & as many others have said Victoria’s Secret & New York & Co lost a valued customer. I was with them for over 10years, but when WFNNB made the switch to Comenity the trickery began and customer service went out the window. I looked for 45mins for a physical address to send a Cease & Desist letter to pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692c, Section 805(c). But to no avail. No fax or physical address & then I remembered FACEBOOK. I went right to Comenity’s page & made my concerns known & I sent a private message to the same. Jane said "Thank you for the information you have provided. Please be assured that Comenity Bank has updated their records to cease from contacting you." I got this reply to my post on their page "If you still wish to send a fax, you may do so at 1-614-729-5215." Guess what – NO MORE CALLS!!!

• I now got bit by Comeity Bank. This bank is not looking for the best interest of the customer. I have never been late for anything in my life. House, cars , credit cards. Victoria Secrect better drop this bank for I will never shop or used this bank again. A 84.00 bill that they NEVER sent me E-Mail or hard Mail and now I been reported to the credit b. The women at Comeity was calm and gracoius to the point. She did drop my past dues and all I have now is the interest to pay for something I was not aware of. Comeity better pull back my past due and provide me with my AAA rating again over a losey $84.00 Then after paying off the bill for just the product THEN i get a bill in the mail. Sounds like this bank wants pass due for money!!! The attorney general should be looking in this!

• WOW – glad they turned me down! Over 50, own home, employed for nearly 30 years consistently with a credit score of 986 (out of possible 999) but guess I am just too much of a risk to get a CC for The Limited. mmm, who is looking at these applications? Based on all the comments here, I now count myself as VERY lucky to have "missed out" on this opportunity!

• Credit Scores do not go over 850

• I just got turned down with a credit score of 944 out of a possible 999 from Equiffax. Yes, Equifax scres go to 999. I too consider myself lucky for being turned down at Christopher Banks. Guess they want deadbeats they can bat around.

• My scores are just under 600…..they gave me cc limit of $400 on my Lane Bryant. Doesn’t make sense? I got it to reestablish my credit. Never charge more than 75 and pay off ontime. So far so good for last 10 months.

• wow..this bank I calle dthem & asked where my bill was…its going out this week..that was 2 weeks ago..no billing..HSN card will be cut up..done with them…This is no way to do business….

• Wow! I’ve been getting phone calls from Comenity for the past several days, between 5-7X’s a day. I don’t answer calls that block caller ID and know I was right in doing so since not once did they leave a voice message telling me the reason for their calls. Like others here, I never heard of Comenity so I Googled it and whala, I’m here. I now realize I have been a victim of Comenity in the past on at least 2 occassions. One was for not paying off a balance for $29.00 which was a late fee charged after I had paid off the account! [I believe it was my Lane Bryant account]. They call me 6 months later at which time the balance of my account was up to over $200 because of late fees [on a late fee that I never knew about!!! Because they never sent statements and that’s what I told them. They told me I signed up for electronic billing, which I know I didn’t because I can never keep up with my email. I was quite upset that I was facing an over $200. debt stemming from a $29.00.late fee that I was not aware of. And then the worst part is that they reported it to the credit bureau right before they started calling me because my credit report [I rcv. a quarterly credit rpt. via Discover . The one before this call did not show any neg. info from Lane Bryant-but, the next one I received after the calls from Comenity did]! I also told them that they should of sent me notifications through the mail if they couldn’t reach me via phone. They just simply said they don’t do that. I paid off the account and I haven’t used my Lane Bryant account since. And as others have here, I also noticed in my account that my limit on [other than major cards] was the same as I owe even though I thought my limits were much higher. I pay off my creditors early every month, paying at least 3xs the minimum and every once in a while I slip up. But not for 6 months. I thought I had paid that account off. Coming here made me realize that this bank has probably been the source of all headaches trying to improve my credit score. I’m now thinking of writing to Sen. Chuck Schumer [NY] who has been a consumer advocate for his constituents on this kind of matter in the past. In the meanwhile, I did call Comenity back just to find out what account they were calling about. They have you press 1-8 to "get information" on several different companies, but they did not mention one company that I have an account with. 8 was for ‘anything else". It turned out I called after thier closing time. Thank you all who contributed here for opening my eyes.

• THE ACCOUNT HOLDER IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SET UP ELECTRONIC STATEMENTS. AFTER 2 MISSED PAYMENTS, A PAPER STATEMENT DOES GO OUT. THE CALLS YOU ARE RECEIVING IS FROM A COMPUTER. IF YOU ANSWER THE PHONE, THE COMPUTER TRANSFERS YOU TO A LIVE PERSON. DON’T BLAME THE COMPANY FOR YOUR INCOMPETENCE IN KEEPING TRACK OF YOUR PAYMENTS.
      I’M SURE YOU SAW THE EMAIL STATEMENTS AND JUST IGNORE THEM.

• I have gotten so many calls on my cell phone from them that it locked up my phone until I deleted some of them, I’m getting them right now. I have already gotten 15 calls today, From people in Indea, that I can’t understand.

• Comenity Bank is a freaking fraudulent entity which is abusing and stealing funds from customer’s credit cards every where.
    What I don’t understand is why FBI hasn’t stopped this yet.
    Let us see what is going to happen to this criminal cheater.

• this bank is a joke what **** heads

• This bank is the WORST… I made a payment to my loft card that was not even due yet.. First time online I for some reason put in my debit card no. instead of banking…. I had the money in my acct and no payment was even needed… They charged me $25.00 fee….. This bank is going to go belly up FAST… They are a total rip off… I have cards with other banks and this would not have been a problem.. I pay my bills before they are due and usally over the required amount…. this was a honest mistake. I want my fee reversed!

• Good luck getting your fee reversed. I tried that this morning–the first rep said she would reverse my fee, but then she cut off my call! I called back and the second rep said she saw no record of my earlier phone call. As soon as my payment clears tomorrow, I will be closing my account.

• This so called bank is a disgrace…I closed my account with woman within with a zero balance, returned my last purchase from woman within so I should have a credit. No, I was charged $10 to return my purchase so I’m still ahead, so I thought. Not only did I not get credit for my returned item I was charged a late fee of $25 plus $10 for returned merchandise. Now I get calls all day but no one keeps notes from our previous conversations to recall our conversations. Now they say I owe $254. This is a effing joke.

• Be wary of Comenity Bank. They took over my American TV credit card and all of the sudden it takes almost 15 days to process a bank payment. They say they didn’t receive the payment in time and started charging late fees. Now I have to process my payment literally 15 days ahead of time to make sure they process it in time so I don’t get a late fee. The manager was rude and could not explain why it was taking them so long to process the payment. She said it was the envelope from the bank that was causing the problem. What? The envelope? Don’t use this company if you can help it and if you value your money.

• I called Comenity Bank to cancel my J. Jill credit card and just days later I receive a notice that my interest rate at West Elm will go up to 22.80% (financed by Comenity) I could understand if I was a dead beat, but my credit score is 800. I only owe West Elm $12 but as of tomorrow it will be zero and card cancelled! I am a very good customer of West Elm and hold them responsible for letting their customers to be treated in such a manner.

• Harrassing phone calls starting at 8:30 am until 9:00 at night everyday and of course at least 2 times during the day. Horrible horrible practices. After reading posts must be VS account. Indeed where did this Comenity Bank come from…..BEWARE NIGHTMARE HAS BEGAN….THIS IS THEIR STANDARD PRACTICE AND WE ARE THE NEWEST VICTIM STARTED 12-23-12 AND HAS CONTINUED

• Lets see where to begin, mmm Hurricane Sandy hit us hard, have written letter after letter to all the accounts that I owe letting them know what happened. Our clients can’t pay us due to lose of their businesses, so we in turn can’t pay anyone else. Its a domino effect. So we explained over and over, have been great customers for over 20years and always come thru. So please back off till we get it together.
    But no, I get phone call after phone call, at 8 in the morning till 9 at night, Christmas Eve., Christmas day, New Year’s Eve, and now New Year’s day what is wrong with you money hunger idiots what don’t you get. CAN’T PAY TODAY, CAN’T PAY TOMORROW, NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN 24 HOURS.
    Hurricane Sandy toke our lives in one night, its going to take a few weeks, months, working on it. Don’t get me started on donations, did you know that if your not an organization you will not get any, So where is the money going, probably in big corporations like this ahole of a bank that is not getting it into there heads, don’t have it, wait and most of all STOP CALLING YOU MAJOR IDIOTS ITS NOT CHANGING ANYTHING OTHER THAN p*****g ME OFF TO NO END, YOUR ADDING TO THE STRESS.

• Do not like being woken up before 8 on Sinday morning especially when I spoke to them previously. This bill will be paid in full by Jan 10th. Will think twice before I use there services again
    Disgusted

• I have talked to some very rude people and when I asked them to at least leave me a phone number on my answering machine I am told that they cannot because they are a bank. Well, a phone number isn’t going to get the bank robbed. I am elderly and am very careful who I talk to on the phone but they do not understand that. Once I am done with my balance that I owe I will look elsewhere for credit cards.

• I feel that ‘Comenity Bank’ has unsound and unreliable billing procedures. This is indicated by a repeated failure to submit timely statements either via U.S. mail or electronic delivery. As a result of ‘Comenity Bank’s incompetency or intentional deception in this area, they resort to unnecessary telephone harassment calls. If Coemnity Bank would send the statements on time, they wouldn’t need to hire so many people to handle collection. Comenity Bank is suffering from internal mismanagement and/or disception. Their representative deliberately gave me the wrong address so that my payment would not arrive on time and they would be able to charge me a $29.00 late fee. Buyer beware!

• Does anyone have the email name format/structure that Comenity Bank uses? I have the names of the upper Mangement and want to draft emails to all- but the structure is hard to find on line.

• I’d lke the names of upper mgmt I have a complaint

Snd reply to 1OSUNUT@gmail.com

• Advice to all American Consumers,
    I’m guilty too, however, I have decided since our $$ has been used to "bail out" the Federal Reserve Banking system which provided low can we say 1% – 5% interest to these "blood suckers" that then have the audacity to charge us interest rates of 18 to 29 % for our purchases. I’m taking the following action I will pay off all my credit card debt within the next 6 months, close ALL my charge card accounts, move all my financial transactions, two car loans, student loans, checking, savings (remember savings accounts when you actually were paid at an interest rate that wasn’t a negative after adjusting for inflation?) to a LOCAL Credit Union. When asked the reason for closing the credit card accounts I will simply state that paying $.25 on every dollar loaned which the Bank pays virtually nothing is as close to taking a Loan out from the "Mob"

• Same problem with our Pottery Barn card. They will E-mail the bill and for some reason we didn’t get the bill a couple moths ago – a very small bill. We pay everything on time and have A+ credit! They didn’t call until it was 2 months late and already they already reported it to the credit bureau! I’m not planning on shopping at Pottery Barn as much anymore if they have a bank like this acting on their behalf. My theory is the bank is doing poorly and can’t afford any refunds and they need to generate as much revenue as possible.

• Comenity bank isn’t a new bank. Lol. Same bank different name. Nothing has changed except what you have changed.

• I never had a problem with the VS card until it was taken out by Comenity. After it was taken over, the bank CHANGED my information to my previous mailing address (over a year old) and stated that I had opted to receive only electronic billing (no mail statements), which I absolutely never do. It was on my own that I thought to "check up" on where my statement might be, and luckily, I avoided a late fee by doing so. However, Comenity refuses to address their error and continues to send me ridiculous form responses. I simply hope they realize that their ridiculous practice of defaulting to old addresses and "marking" their clients preference for e-billing only is going to net them nothing but angry customers. I will probably give up my VIP Angel card just to avoid and future funny business with this bank.

• I have been a loyal customer of Victoria Secrets for over 30 years. I have almost the highest credit score you can get overall, and always pay my entire balance either within one to three months. My work allows me to travel. So all of my monthly payments except VS are on auto pay, so there are not late fees. Because I was in an area where I was unable to access the internet my payment was late. I send an email asking why there is no auto pay. One of the reasons I do not use the card as often as I would like to anymore and because I pay the balance within a couple of months is because I forget or sometimes I am unable to may the payment when it’s scheduled. The reply was they did not offer auto pay and with that my credit limited was lowered. To say the least, I was a little annoyed. Io the point where I was about the cancel the card. The only thing that stopped me was what cancelling would do to my credit score. I have a small balance, which I am about to payoff. And my VS card will never be used again, until another lender takes over. Comenity Bank I do not know where you came from and do not care, you more than like don’t care either. You’ve a lost a good customer.

• I As well had the same problem with VS credit card and I was on auto pay and it was my banks fault that I Was late because I scheduled the payment in plenty of time they also would not forgive the late charge, that has resulted in my not buying any longer from VS. their loss because I spent quite a bit there every year. They are causing retailers in losing much business.

A very dissatisfied customer.

Ps if I am late and deserve a late payment I pay it immediately.

• If bank was late w/ a payment scheduled in advance, it is liable for l/c. To protect your credit rating, it is best to send a written correspondence re-capping your ‘phone call to VS credit or customer service dept and request a LATE COUNT reversal. In sending said correspondence, definately include a cc of an additional letter you will need to write and mail: a letter to bank explaining what occurred (using dates of pmt set up, date VS received pmt, l/c date & amt.,and your request for reimbursement of l/c with a confirmation letter (from bank) indicating reimbursement will be or was credited to you "because of late payment by bank."