Comenity Bank Complaints

Most Recent Comenity Bank Complaints

Is Comenity Bank a Scam, Rip Off, or Fraud? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Banks Directory ListingAlliance Data Systems Corporation Listing

Unfair Business Practice

First, let me say this complaint is not about the money. The amount in question is less than $100 – it’s about the situation. Here is my story:

January, 2016 (1st week) – we arrived back from our Christmas Holiday and picked up our mail. There was a bill from Comenity Bank (Ann Taylor) indicating that my $70ish payment was not received. They also added a $30 late fee and interest charges.

I immediately called customer service to let them know about the mistake. (My husband was in the car with me). I don’t remember the exact day, but it was early January. I spoke with a curt customer service rep who told me that while their records indicated that I HAD logged into the account, that the payment didn’t go through. I very nicely asked them to remove the interest charges and late fees and I would pay the bill immediately. I was told that they would not remove the fees or late charge and I told them that I would l hate to need to close my account over $32ish. They told me that they could do nothing for me. I closed the account and immediately paid the bill for the amount of my purchase ($70ish). I told them I was not responsible for the $30 late fee or interest charges.

I immediately sent (January, 2017) two emails out outlining my situation. One to Comenity Bank and another to Ann Taylor. I heard back from Ann Taylor within 24 hours, but have yet to hear back from Comenity Bank.

I have received several bills where they are adding $30 each month as well as interest. (My husband who is an attorney says that this is a bad business practice where they keep adding interest and late fees on top of late fees and interest to get the balance up high enough to send it to a court. Typically people cannot show up and a summary judgement is made against them and they are required to pay a high bill.)

On March 10 around noon eastern, I received a call from a VERY rude man (they need to listen to this call). My friend and her husband overheard the entire conversation and were shocked at how he spoke to me. I explained the situation and he told me he would ruin my credit rating (which is over 800) if we didn’t “work something out”. I asked him what that would be because I didn’t owe them anything since I logged in and made the payment well ahead of the due date, but the system didn’t take it. He never did give me an option nor would he listen to situation. He must be compensated by how much he is able to recoup. He tried to intimidate me and actually raised his voice to me on several indications and did not let me finish one sentence. Some of his comments were:

– If you made the payment on the due date, it’s still late since it takes 48 hours to process the payment (that seems odd and shady since I had been scheduling the payments on the due date for years without an issue). I also told him that I scheduled the payment weeks ahead of the actual due date.

– He raised his voice to me when I told him that I thought I was the customer and said that I won’t listen to him.

– There were many other poor business practices. I think I asked for a supervisor and he ignored me. When he started yelling at me and threatening me, I told him to put me on the do not call list and when he didn’t stop shouting at me, I hung up.

I agree with my husband’s assessment., that something shady is going on and they are trying to get the balance up high enough to go to court. I think everyone should send a letter to their CEO, David R. Misch and copy Ann Taylor’s (or Victoria’s Secret, etc.) CEO as well as file a claim with the Better Business Bureau in Delaware.

15 Most Recent Reviews About Comenity Bank

More About Comenity Bank

AKA: alliancedataretail.com alliancedata.com
Comenity LLC, Comenity Capital Bank, Comenity Bank, Comenity Operating Co., LLC, and Comenity Servicing LLC

Comenity Bank

2795 E. Cottonwood Parkway, Suite 100
Salt Lake City, UT 84121

ADS Alliance Data Systems, Inc

Submit a Complaint or Review For Comenity Bank

233 Comments on "Comenity Bank"

I forgot to make my payment on time due my son being involved in a car accident, I do not answer anonymous calls or calls whose phone number I don’t recognize. They called my phone FOURTEEN times today. My understanding is that this is illegal. They finally texted me and then I figured out who was calling me all day. They never left a message. Once I get this bill paid up I will cancel these accounts. I will not do business with dishonest mean people. I don’t need anything that badly.

Harry (since you insist) Johnson
Here is a letter asking me about my recent phone call. They asked me to take a survey and to click on the link. I clicked on the link and nothing happens. Long story short, I was calling to ask where to send a payment if your card is stolen and the new card has not arrived (so I have no credit card number) They told me to pay it at the store. The store would not take my payment and gave me a # to call. I called the number and they told me to send it the usual… Read more »

I just received a debit out of my checking account from Ceominity Bank. 8 charges to be exact. I DO NOT HAVE an account with this bank. They are debiting my checking account, not sure how they got my checking accounti number but they are using it.

Similar story. I mailed my first payment 8 days before it was due, and got a late charge. Before I noticed the late charge, I called to make a payment and was told it cost $9 to use the phone system. I look more closely at my bill and find a $27 late charge. (The total was $52.11, not a huge bill) and become furious. I cut up my card, mailed a check for the charges made and they are STILL HARASSING ME. Worst ever CC.

Since August 2016, they have been unble to adjust the billing date and charged my daughter late fees. She has autism. Just a way to steal from the disabled. Stay away from this bank and the accounts they manage,

First, let me say this complaint is not about the money. The amount in question is less than $100 – it’s about the situation. Here is my story November, 2016 – received a bill for around $70 for purchases I made at an Ann Taylor store – I (within a day or two) logged into the account to pay the bill since this is the ONLY credit card we have that does NOT have autopay. We pay all of the other credit cards off in full through autopay. I submitted a payment for the full balance. January, 2016 (1st week)… Read more »
I always doubted in the comments i see about hacking until i got introduced to Abraham Shaw who helped me with my credit score he is surely going to do a good job at an affordable price I was in some serious credit issues and he fixed it,he also does hacking of phones,emails,social media,taxes Upgrade University Grades, Hack Your School Grades, Hack Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Whatsapp, Skype Spouse Phone, Hack Bank Accounts, Apps Hacking, MasterCard, Paypal, Bitcoin, WU, Money Gram with untraceable credit card i also referred him to a friend who he helped hack into her husbands whatapp now… Read more »
This is a complaint but it is also a compliment. Short version – I spoke with a customer service person about a service charge that was accrued in error and she agreed to cut the charge in half which I was fine with. However, when the next bill came they added ANOTHER SERVICE CHARGE in addition to the amount they cut in half. I called customer service and they said there was nothing they could do . I asked to escalate and two supervisors later all I go was “you’ll have to write a letter to headquarters”. Angry and frustrated,… Read more »

I accidentally scheduled a payment of $2000.00 on a zero balance account for Loft and after 22 days I still have not received my money back.

http://investor.alliancedata.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=120991&p=irol-sec&secCat01.2_rs=1&secCat01.2_rc=10&control_year=0&control_selectgroup=0 this is the company that owns Comenity Bank and it is a dirty secret that they are not boasting about. I use to write SEC reports for a good company so I learned how the bad ones hide the associations they are not proud of. Lets cut to the chase go to this company and click on financials and then on SEC pick one of the annual reports and open in whatever format you choose. If you pick pdf then you can use the find feature and put in Comenity and you will find they are in big trouble… Read more »
I accepted a HSN card for the credit of $20 on a current purchase. I didn’t put the $21.50 purchase on the card I gave them my debit card information as I always do. I get a statement in the mail saying I owe $21.50 so I go online to pay no way I have a debit card only and they only take payments for a checking account which I don’t have. After 2 days of being run around I finally pay the bill over the phone for a $9.00 fee for talking to a real person. Thinking I cut… Read more »

I HATE PIER 1 / COMENITY BANK! Once again did NOT get my paper bill in the mail so I just paid $35.00 in late fees for one freaking month and it was on a $25.00 purchase!!!! I have a credit score OVER 800 on every credit report and having this card is a waste of TIME and MONEY! Everyone should CLOSE their account with these piddly little stores and just stick to one VISA and keep track of that. The discount up front DID not cover the later fees I just got screwed with.

I am also getting screwed by comenity bank ulta Beauty card I have not gotten anywhere with any representatives just the run around. I have been working on my credit score and this bank alone has hurt me signifiantly also I make more than minimum sometimes 2 in a month and Im charged late fees and also returned payments saying I myself have revoked my payment why wolds I make a payment and turn around and revoke this payment everytime I make a payment. Im so glad maurices dropped comenity and went with Capital one not had one problem with… Read more »
I have had 2 comenity credit cards for a very long time, one with Express and one with New York and Company. I have an excellent payment history with them and have had no complaints until now. My payment for NYC is due on the 2nd and my Express payment is due on the 3rd, but I always pay them both as soon as I get paid on the 1st. Today I checked my account and saw that my express payment posted, but the NYC one did not. So I called in and explained to the man who took my… Read more »
I opened a store card with Comenity bank and it was a huge mistake. I never received my bill in the mail and paid my balance late by 2 days. I was then charged a $25 late fee. I then received a statement the following month with a balance of $51 dollars in late fees because I was late by 2 days. I called them and they won’t make any adjustments. I therefore have to pay $51 of late fees because i was late by 2 days. I just cut the card up. I will never use any card affiliated… Read more »

When they had to send me card twice I should have known they were SHADY!

Lilia Villalobos Lizarraga

I have never had a credit card with them and now they say that I owed them $1600 and also the credit score has been damaged due to they say I haven’t made a payment I never received any statements I should have received a statement if had a cc with them.

You’re scammed. You need help to fix your identity theft.

Comenity reps keep calling my house and leaving messages for someone who doesn’t live here. I have returned calls and informed them of this…called again today.

IS ANY ONE, ANY WHERE DOING ANY THING ABOUT THIS SO CALLED BANK?

What crooks! I have a Pier 1 Credit card with them, and never received my ebill last month. I owed $32, and they charged me $29 in late fees. I paid them, but I’m cutting it up. They don’t allow you to set up auto-payment, so if you don’t get the email, you are out of luck.

Comenity Bank opened two credit accounts on the same day in my name. One of the accounts with the wrong address and on an account that was unknown to me. No card… No correspondence. The account I had a card for and knew about had a balance of zero and wouldn’t let me make payments. The account being charged interest and late charges were being sent to the wrong address and according to Comenity sent back to Comenity as undeliverable. Three months later after straightening out the mixup and paying the principal I am still being charged late charges and… Read more »

I have an account with Wayfair and Big Lots through Comenity Bank, both charged me with a LATE fee of $52 for payments that I have obviously paid on time. They never sent me billing statements! I called both companies and they said according to policy they will only reimburse me with half! I said that they are committing fraud. And when I agreed to the refund, that was it! I’m going to harass them until they give me my money back! Can we sue them????

These people give learning disabled an entirely new meaning. They close cards, charge added fees, sit on payments…they are horrible! The FTC needs to fine their sorry a***s!

I have a J.Jill card and when I applied for charge card no one said it was with Comenity bank.
I was late for a $32 payment and they charged me another $32 plus, 2 other charges…..don’t have a clue what they are. So. I owed $32, but my total came to $147 . Whatever this is is a complete rip off. I’m not paying those fees!!
How does this bank very get away with this.?

Don’t pay it. Write letters to the credit bureaus explaining the problem. They know all about their horrible business behavior.

They claim I used their Bogus Credit card with a purchase from Blair clothing. This was a total scam ! I have refused to pay.

I’ve experienced a similar issue with this f**’d up bank. They need to be sued.