Safelite AutoGlass Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Safelite.com SnapShot

Last Updated On: October 14, 2014

Safelite AutoGlass Corporate Contact

Business Name: Safelite Group, Inc.
2400 Farmers Dr
Columbus, Ohio 43235 USA

Corp Phone Number: 866-212-5457
Company Contact: Thomas M Feeney - CEO
Corp Website: safelite.com

Safelite AutoGlass Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Safelite AutoGlass Complaint

Is Safelite AutoGlass a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Auto Services / Repair Directory ListingSafelite Group, Inc. Listing

There May Be A Scam To Increase The Repair Cost

Be aware of Auto Windshield repair company.  NOT all are capable or there may be a scam to increase the repair cost

I am a CA resident and I was referred to Safelite by my Auto Ins. Co. Liberty Mutual. Unbeknownst to me, a non experienced Satellite -Repair Technician was sent to repair a 5-Day windshield nick of the size of a dime (no Ins. deductible applied). Once the Repair Technician finished the nick expanded to the size of a tennis ball ($100 Ins deductible applies). The Technician advised me it was repaired as best as it could be and that it should not expand further, however, if it continued to expand, to call back for a replacement and the repair amount that my Insurance Company paid would be applied toward the replacement.

Before the Technician left and with the shock of the horrible condition my windshield was being left in, I told him I was “VERY DISSATISFIED” and wanted to schedule the replacement now. He called the office to schedule it. I later spoke to 2 Managers, 1 of which said he would waive my $100 deductible.

I feel a disservice was done by having a subpar Technician which now leaves me and Liberty Mutual holding the bag for a higher cost claim and the inconvenience of my time. The need to replace the windshield was caused by their inexperienced Technician and the replacement should have been granted at no charge.

Furthermore, I have not received the requested (3 X’s, from each of the Mgr. and the Technician) copy of what the Technician asked me to sign on his phone size tablet along with the receipt of the cash payment of $23.00 given to the Technician for windshield wiper replacement. I did ask if I could get a copy at the time of my signature and the Technician showed me my email address and advise me I would be sent an email the receipt for the $23.00 and copy’s of the documents with my signature.

I am unhappy with the level of service I’ve received and am sharing this in hopes to prevent others from feeling scammed.

Safelite Auto Glass – San Diego