441 Truck Repair Complaints, Reviews, Scam and Fraud Reports

Average Rating: 1.00 of 5
Based On: 1 Review / Complaint

Most Recent Complaint About 441 Truck Repair

441 Truck Repair Provides Faulty Repairs And Exhibits Poor Business Practices

441 Truck Repair located at 9565 South Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando, Florida did faulty repair service to my 2003 Freightliner truck, which in turn caused problems with other parts of the truck. There faulty repair cost me $5000 more to correct. 441 Truck Repair has not been cooperative and has not made any attempts to rectify this problem.

On August 20, 2013 I had my 2003 Freightliner towed to 441 Truck Repair who diagnosed the truck as ‘no start and batteries dead.’ The shop informed me that the alternator was bad and suggested replacing the alternator and four batteries. I informed them that the batteries were replaced not long ago and were fine. After receiving their quote for the alternator, I approved the work to be done. After completion of the work, to be on the safe side, my driver went to a nearby NAPA location and did a warranty replacement for two of the batteries.

The truck made it back to Atlanta, were my company is based, the day after 441 Truck Repair installed the alternator. It also was able to make its delivery on 8/22/2013. While there the battery light came on and while being unloaded, the truck shut down. Nevertheless, the truck had to be towed from the delivery location to my automotive and diesel repair shop.

I am the owner with great credentials of which includes an Electrical Engineering Degree from Georgia Southern University. My company has been in business doing automotive and diesel service for 13 years, my technicians and I are members of IATN, ASE and the nationwide certified auto repair network. At my shop, it was diagnosed that the alternator’s wiring was incorrectly installed. The ground wire for the truck was connected to a 12 volt output source from the alternator that 441 Truck Repair installed. Due to wiring it up this way more damage was done, it caused other parts to short out.

I contacted Frank, at 441Truck Repair, and also emailed him pictures showing that there was never a ground wire installed on the alternator because the label had not been removed nor were there any markings indicating so. The photos showed the ground wire was not connected to the ground terminal. I explained that the ground wire was installed on a 12 volt output from the alternator. Frank questioned his technician and told me that he does not know how that happened, but that’s why he has insurance, and that he would file a claim. He asked if I would send him a statement of what happened so he can send it to his insurance company. I faxed the statement, and then followed up consistently for four weeks.

And during those four weeks, Frank would never provide me with a claim number, the name of his insurance company, nor were there any attempts to rectify this problem. He has continuously disregarded my attempts to get resolution on this matter. I feel he has been given ample opportunities to take rightful responsibility in compensating me for his technician’s negligence. This has lead me to turn to my bank for further assistance in recovering funds for a service that was incorrectly done to my Freightliner. Due to the faulty wiring that 441 Truck Repair has done, wiring of the alternator to send 12 volts through a ground wire, other parts on my truck were shorted out. The additional repairs caused additional time loss on getting pay loads, and in turn caused a loss of revenue. The additional repairs total $5000 alone.

Truck owners should stay away from 441 Truck Repair. When they cause damage to your truck they do not stand by their work. They blatantly leave you holding the bag, with further costly repair bills. 441 Truck Repair demonstrates terrible business practices.

View Comments View More 441 Truck Repair Complaints

Is 441 Truck Repair a Scam? Help other potential victims of fraud by sharing these reports

Consumer Options