Hurricane Spin Mop Reviews and Complaints by Consumers and Customers

Company Contact: Ajit Khubani - President
Corp Website: hurricanemop.com

Hurricane Spin Mop Customer Ratings and Reports

Latest Hurricane Spin Mop Complaint

Is Hurricane Spin Mop a Rip Off, Fraud or Have They Scammed You? WARN OTHER CONSUMERS By Sharing

Category: Appliances Directory ListingTelebrands Inc Listing

Dead Wringer

Saw the many, many commercials and thought this was what I need. Well, I have to admit I was wrong.

It does not rotate as seen on tv against walls.

When I place my foot on the petal to wring it out, my foot is all wet. We must have a leaky bucket issue.

I have washed the head several times and it never really looks clean.

My daughter just asked me about this product and I told her do not waste her money. Does not pick up any small particles on the floor, I always have to vacuum first.

I would not recommend this to anyone trying to save some time with their mopping chores. It sucks, but in a bad way.

10 Most Recent Hurricane Spin Mop Complaints

More About Hurricane Spin Mop

Parent Company: Telebrands Inc

Consumer Comments For Hurricane Spin Mop

• I bought a similar product at W-M almost a year ago for $29.97. It spins the mop just like the hurricane mop and it is awesome. I think the brand was like Cello or one of the name brand companies. I bought a new puppy about a week ago and the mop has had quite a workout this week. LOL. I have a lot of back problems and this mop is so easy to use I don’t have to take a pain pill just to mop the floor. You can skip the hurricane mop and straight to the one at W-M. You will NOT regret it!!

• It’s at Walgreens.

• It’s awesome. I love mine but I have a different issue with them.

• I, in good faith ordered ONE Spin Mop from a TV sales. I was informed I would receive a mop, bucket, and sticky buddy. I was also informed I would receive a duster for free. Not so! I ended up receiving 3 mops,3 bucket and 3 sticky buddy for a total of 129.00. Why would I, an older woman need 3 sets of mop/bucket? I call the company to complain about the incorrect order and was told not to return the merchandise because it would be too expensive to ship out. But they would send me an extra mop head to make up for my loss. Well, today, 3 months later I looked at my credit card statement and they Charged me for the mop head that was supposed to be free due to their mistake in putting my order together. I am on social security and of course, don’t have much money. This company is stealing from the poor and vulnerable. They must be stopped, especially when they continue to charge ones credit card. Help!!!

• The company doesn’t do a background check to see if you are poor and vulnerable. People make mistakes. Get over it and call the corporate office number above and get it straightened out. They sell millions of these things. They are bound to make a mistake.

• This mop is a piece of crap. The concept is GREAT but the product is made from such cheap material that it doesn’t last. The mop handle falls apart and the spin mechanism stops working after a short period of time. I contacted the company and they said it was out of warranty. What a joke. Would not recommend this to anyone and have told others in person not to waste their money.

• We ordered 2 sets of mops from this company on March 30th. Wanting to inquire about the status of our shipment, I contacted the company via the 800 number on their website on April 28th, and was routed to India. The gentleman I talked to gave me the run-around, asked me about 10 times to verify my address whenever I asked about the status of my shipment, and finally, after 10-15 minutes, I was told my order would arrive in 3-5 business days. Also, I asked to be connected to a representative within the United States, as is our right, and he claimed that he could not do that. Today is May 8th, 3 days after the latest arrival date, and I wanted to know where our shipment was. First I went online to check the status of our order and it suddenly said that it was on backorder due to overwhelming demand. I called the 800 number again (again I spoke to a call center in India) and spoke to a gentleman named Sandy who informed me that Sandy was indeed his real name (definitely false). I was told that when I called in on the 28th, the notes stated the order had not been shipped yet. I let him know what was said and he said “I can understand your frustration ma’am”. I again asked to be connected to a representative within the US and was told again that it was not possible. I asked this three times and explained that as a US Citizen, it is my right to be connected with someone in the US, again with the “ma’am i can understand your frustration”. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for a few minutes. After a few minutes, Sandy asked me to hold for 2 more minutes because his supervisor was busy. After about 3-5 minutes, Sandy came back on the line and told me that the supervisor was not available. I then asked if the supervisor would please return my phone call and I was informed that they did not have a way to make outgoing calls to us and that I would have to call back. Finally I asked that he cancel our order and please refund the full amount to my supervisor’s credit card. I was told that we would see the refund reflected within 7-10 business days and was given a cancelation number. I informed Sandy that if I did not receive the refund by the end of 10 business days, that I would be calling back and that it would be my supervisor and/or lawyer that would be talking to them then. I also let him know that we would be contacting the BBB to inform them of what is going on and how it is not okay for “businesses” to do this to it’s customers. Hopefully something gets done about this and in the meantime, save yourself the money and time, and do not order online!

• I don’t know where to begin…SCAM SCAM SCAM…I recently purchased this mop thinking that I was getting 1 and then another free or should I say just pay shipping and handling…any ways I purchased 1 spin mop from best buy and thought wow let me get my mom and mother n law one…so I went on line and they had this special offer and in the process I ordered 3 spin mop dollies along with the 2 spin mops which I have not received and yes they have charged my credit card 89.00 plus they say I owe another 19.99 in which they charged another 19.99 and all I have received is 3 dollies and 2 mop heads…where is my order people or give me a full refund…it has been 2 months and all i get is the run around on this 800 line with someone whom I can not understand or maybe they don’t understand ENGLISH……DO NOT ORDER ONLINE

• I had the same experience. plus, I thought the mop could spin without so much effort! I have MS, so I thought an easier mop would be better. It is NOT easier. I have gone back to my old method of cleaning my floors. I gave the second mop (even though I really only ordered an extra mop-head) to my daughter. She doesn’t like it either. It cost me $40.00 for the second one. this is a scam!!

• Thanks for the info

• Thanks for the info, I had the same problem about changing order and decided not to order.

• Thanks for all the info above. I was ready to order a mop but after reading reviews I decided HELL NO!!!!

Iris I

• Hi hurrican mop agent, My name TONG NGUYEN,live at 1600 w.wilmot ln ,Anaheim,CA 92802.
    My order # 102640079 .Please tell me when i can get my order.Thank you for your timeto answer me

• beware of posting such info in a public forum. this isn’t the place for this info.

• Hey dummy-Call the corporate office above, Mop agents don’t read this.

• He, you sound like the Mop people paying you to say all this s…

• Thank you for your comments I well wait tell they c0me to stores. I waited half hour and no human. No more ordering on line. They ruined it for all my orders on line. Thanks so much but what is this about, it cost 19.99 then 12.00 for ? Then Calif. tax what is this about?

• This is a total rip off. I ordered one mop plus the one free mop. That’s $39 98 plus $25.98 for s&h on two mops for a total of $65.96. They sent me for mops and charged me $192.92.

• this company is such a scam. i tried getting the bogo deal on the mop. went through automated service that ended up charging me $19.99 for the second mop, never confirmed the order than when i finally got someone on the phone i could not understand them due to the intense accent they had. i did managet o get another # from her then stayed on hold for about 30 mins waiting to speak to a live person, who just stated they would put a "request" in to cancel my order. IM NOT REQUESTING IT BE CANCELLED, IM TELLING YOU TO CANCEL IT. But like the above have mentioned my bank is already showing the money has been processed. What a horrible company and horrible customer service

• unable to separate disk from mop head for cleaning.

• I also tried to cancel this order due to me seeing the same product in CVS for 9.99 so they refused to cancel my order. He told me he was in the phillipines and he didn’t have anyway of cancellation. So this is a scam company with terrible customer service…DON’T BUY THROUGH THIS COMPANY…Deborah Hand

• The product is 39.99 at CVS. It is at Walgreens for the same price.

• I did not even order the mop because I realized I was being charged for the second mop, which was suppose to be free so I click the X on the screen and because I had entered my credit card number that shipped me it anyway and charged my card 67.99. Then I can’t just refuse it and have it sent back I had to pay 30 dollars to ship it back. Total scam.

discussed

• Customer service is indeed a big joke. I called one phone # on my receipt. She told me she couldn’t help me and that I would have to call another #. That person told me she couldn’t help me b/c they don’t deal with order confirmations or cancelations and told me to call another #. I could NEVER get through to a live customer service rep with that #. I was done the same way as one of the commenters above. I clicked on confirm order and found I had actually ordered 3 mops when only wanted one + the free one. They also state your credit card is not charged until product is shipped; yet my $90 was already on hold at my bank.
    I think this is a scam as well. They can’t be that busy. They must have only one or two people manning the phones. Two days later and I still can’t get through. All circuits busy……. Oh, and, there is no where in ordering does it state you have to pay a separate processing fee for the FREE mop!

• This mop is like something you would buy at the Dollar Store!
    I ordered it after watching the incredible infomercial and then the following business day, called to see what I actually ordered because the process was so confusing…when I received what I thought was buy one get one plus shipping was charged $72.96 for the order! This product is flimsy and very low quality–DO NOT BUY IT!

• I am so upset with the ordering process that I haven’t even tried out the cheap looking product! All I wanted was the 1 mop and the 2nd mop that they said is free. The automated choices were so confusing that, when I finally got a live person, I wanted to confirm my order. He said he couldn’t help me and to call another #. They had no record until 4 days later. The charge was $112.94! The guy said its 19.99 service charge for the "free" mop which we aren’t told. I said I didn’t want the 3rd mop they had on my order. He said he would take it off. I got the conf #. Today I got 3 mops and I still owe $112.94. I called and all she said was that they would take off $20 or I could send the 3rd back but I would have to pay shipping. What a rip off!

• this company site is misleading for seniors they should be stopped

• This company is a scam. Tried to order replacement mop heads upon ordering online they added the special spin mop deal. I could not remove it from the order. I never confirmed the order and the next thing I know my card s charged and there where packages on the way. Customer service is hell, Do yourself a favor. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

• I called the hurricane mop and was put thru so many prompts to buy other items I just hung up without giving my charge card. Yesterday I received 2 hurricane mops, my name and address were wrong plus they used a charge card I never use. I was told to place a police report. Instead, I called my charge card comp;any and they removed the charge. This place is crooked and should be investigated. I will never buy from tv again.l

• Very disappointed in this mop. Ordered it 8/2013 and it was good for about two mops and than the handle broke, very thin and been unable to talk to someone about replacing the handle. Sorry I brought it. So be aware of this product and don’t buy it. It’s a waste of your good hard earn money.

• disappointed in the service

• Do not place an order with this company. It is pure hell to cancel your order. I started trying to canel my order on February 2nd again on 2/3/2014 and again on 2/4/3 this time was told that it was cancel and that I would have to call back in 48 hours to check to see if my order is cancel. The whole time I was trying to cancel my order the person on the other end keep trying to talk me into keeping my order. I did talk to my bank they stated that they could not stop the payment, but after it went through I can defaut the company and get my money back.

• I ordered the Hurricane Spin Mop in December and estimated ship date was 6 weeks. As of to date i have still not received my mop and customer service and give you no ship dates. The order status you can view is never updated and of no help at all. I recommend not ordering anything from Telebrands and go to the store and make your purchase there…very frustrated!

• i just found instead of charging 3898, i was charged 4998 plus shipping. they said i ordered delux model. tried to cancel order because i told them i ordered the very one they advertised. i feel scamed…i hope you all report to attorney generals office… phoney add…

• I recently ordered 2 spin mops through the computer web site. Originally, I did not notice a place to put a shipping address that was different from my billing address. Since my billing address is a PO Box and the company cannot ship to a PO Box, I tried to get the shipping address changed by calling the customer service number. That resulted in a new order that somehow changed the dynamics of what I had originally ordered and they split my payments into two instead of the original one payment. Today I was trying to follow up since I have had no communication as to the status of my order. This time I am viewing an order that has my shipping address as my billing address. This company clearly does not have competent billing employees. I am really concerned about what I will end up receiving, if anything at all, and what my final charge might be. I am starting to believe that I NEVER should have placed the order to begin with.