No call back in 2 months - Michigan DHS

Back in June of 2016, I had paperwork due for my FAP. I had it all ready and in the mail 6 days before it was due to insure that it was received by the deadline. 2 weeks go by and the envelope addressed to DHS returned in my mailbox. I then called my worker, M. Lindsey explaining the issue and asking for a extension. I got no return phone call and began calling every single day.

July 13, 2016 comes and I call to check my balance and it is 0. I call my worker once again and get no answer. I leave a detailed message of my case number, name, reason for my call and asking for a return phone call as this is urgent. No call back so I just started calling multiple times a day.

I even left numerous messages with the Supervisor and still had no answer or call back. I then go to the office to speak with someone and was told that “A supervisor won’t come talk to me” by the man behind the desk. He was extremely rude so I sat at a computer in their office and refilled out the application for my FAP. I was unable to print my application confirmation and was denied a piece of paper for their printer. That was July 15, 2016.

I waited another month, calling 3 to 4 times a week. I finally talked to Ms. Lindsey on August 9, 2016 and she said that she was processing my application that week and I should know by Friday.

I called my card the 13th, and once again, 0. I have called the customer service line 2 times. The first time the lady that I spoke with showed true concern and was trying to figure everything out. She said that I had to wait till August 16, 2016 and call her back because I had to wait a full 30 days before she could do anything further.

I called back August 16, 2016 just after 8 am. I was luckily able to speak with the same woman who had then called my worker or supervisor explaining that it had been past their 30 day deadline. It is now August 21, 2016 and my worker has yet to call me back. My FAP is still 0.

I have not received anything regarding the outcome and if I am denied or not. So since I have been without FAP, I have had to pay cash for food. I have a 5 year old and a 6 month old that HAVE to eat. Thus, I had no other choice than to let my bills pile up.

Now I am being evicted out of my home with no where to go. I work full time and can’t afford to support my home without the FAP.

Mt. Clemens District DHS – 21885 Dunham Rd #7 Clinton Township MI | 586-469-7700

For Michigan DHS Representatives or Owners