Ordered an installation at my house without authorization - DIRECTV

I had been a customer of DirecTV for quite a while (around 10 years). I recently disconnected the service to save money so, we decided to do streaming only through Netflix, which is a lot cheaper. I kept getting offers in the mail of a $200 gift card plus huge discounts, free nfl ticket if I signed a 2 year agreement.

So I called, because i had a few questions about the agreement. After speaking with “Carl”, and asking a few questions.. I told him, let me talk it over with my wife and I’ll call back if I want to install.

Next thing you know i get an email with a contract and installation date. I had never asked for service to be installed. Also the advertisement said $29.99 a month, but when you ad in the hd fees and “regional sports fee” it actually comes out to $55 a month.

As far as I’m concerned they are dishonest.

For DIRECTV Representatives or Owners

Comments About DIRECTV Review: Ordered an installation at my house without authorization

• St8kout

They say calls are recorded so it should be easy enough to dispute their contract.
    As for the rest, it’s the same with cable, dish network, cellphone companies, etc. They advertise the rock bottom price but of course there are always ‘other’ expenses involved, such as adding HD programming.