$10 mums for a “premium” flower basket! - Avas Flowers

One of our loved ones died the day before the Labor Day holiday, so we didn’t have time to order from our local florist. We found on the internet “Avas Flowers – locally owned in the Apollo, PA area”. So we thought this would be great, since we would be traveling from SC to the funeral in Apollo PA the next day and could check out this “locally owned” florist ourselves.

When we got to the funeral we couldn’t find the flower/plant that we had purchased for the wife of the deceased. It was so small that it was put in the back of the room. It was two mums (seen them at Lowes for $4.98 each). It was supposed to be an “Elegant Bliss Basket” – Premium, large.

We were very disappointed and called Avas immediately, only to get a recording – found out they didn’t exist in the Apollo PA area! I called several times – at the funeral, at the home of the deceased, and when we got home in SC.

The only response I finally got was that hydrangeas (what was pictured in the internet ad), were out of season and mums were substituted. I can understand the substitution, but mums – really? The cheapest plant available.

I went to my local florist in SC and without even mentioning the company name she said “Avas?” “That’s the company that gives reputable florists a bad name”!

I will never use Avas again!

For Avas Flowers Representatives or Owners

Comments About Avas Flowers Review: $10 mums for a “premium” flower basket!