$10 mums for a “premium” flower basket! - Avas Flowers

One of our loved ones died the day before the Labor Day holiday, so we didn’t have time to order from our local florist. We found on the internet “Avas Flowers – locally owned in the Apollo, PA area”. So we thought this would be great, since we would be traveling from SC to the funeral in Apollo PA the next day and could check out this “locally owned” florist ourselves.

When we got to the funeral we couldn’t find the flower/plant that we had purchased for the wife of the deceased. It was so small that it was put in the back of the room. It was two mums (seen them at Lowes for $4.98 each). It was supposed to be an “Elegant Bliss Basket” – Premium, large.

We were very disappointed and called Avas immediately, only to get a recording – found out they didn’t exist in the Apollo PA area! I called several times – at the funeral, at the home of the deceased, and when we got home in SC.

The only response I finally got was that hydrangeas (what was pictured in the internet ad), were out of season and mums were substituted. I can understand the substitution, but mums – really? The cheapest plant available.

I went to my local florist in SC and without even mentioning the company name she said “Avas?” “That’s the company that gives reputable florists a bad name”!

I will never use Avas again!

For Avas Flowers Representatives or Owners

Comments About Avas Flowers Review: $10 mums for a “premium” flower basket!

• Daniela Ochoa

My mother purchased a rose pink and white casket spray for my grandmothers funeral. Since it was little notice my mother searched local florist and Ava’s came up. The ad showed it was a local florist place. Since we had little time to prepare, my mother ordered and paid to have it expedited to arrive the next day before 10 am as that’s the time the viewing started. We got the funeral home and the flowers did not arrive. She also didn’t receive a satin pillow that was ordered from her grandkids. The funeral director called multiple local florists and they said they would never ever work with avas. My grandmothers casket was bare for more half the viewing!!! We found one local florist who said they would make an exception and make the spray as they felt very bad for our situation. They arrived with the casket spray at 12:30 when the viewing ended at 1pm. This was not the local florists fault at all. We contacted Ava’s and they said they would not refund any money and they are only offering a $10 store credit!!! They said we received the casket spray so what is the problem? I told them we paid $300 for a rose casket spray and received a carnation casket spray. Long story short, NEVER order from AVA’s please!!! I’m begging everyone to read this post as I would never want another family to go through what we went through. My grandmother is a beautiful woman and didn’t deserve to have an empty casket. I cant believe someone can be so evil and take your money and ruin a funeral of all things!!! Not to mention they have you on 40 min holds and hang up on you multiple times!! BEWARE!!!!

• Charlie Rivenbark

Purchased a Deluxe flower arrangement for my sisters retirement to be delivered in Wilmington NC. She appreciated them and liked them but when she provided a picture, I was very disappointed. I called Customer Service 4 times, was hung up on three times after being on hold for more than 30 mins each time. The fourth time, spoke with a supervisor who stated someone would call me back in 2 hrs. That was at 11:30am yesterday and it is 5:30 am the next day with no call back. I sent a picture to customer service on what I showed on the internet and the picture of what was delivered and they informed me, the flowers were beautiful and filled to the recipe. For 49.99, you get three scrappy roses, 3 carnation, 3 little lily type flowers and the rest is fern and very little of that. I feel this is a switch and bait issue and will be filing a complaint with the BBB. Oh yeah, they offered me a 10 discount on my purchase and a $10 store credit. Why would I want a store credit for a place I will NEVER use again. I’ve seen much nicer bouquets of flowers in Walmart of the grocery store for $15. What a rip off these folks are. I asked to speak with a store manager, but was told I could only speak with a supervisor. It sounded like an offshore call center using VOIP phones from the breaking up on the line. Next time I will personally call a local florist

• Karen libby

I too ordered flowers for a funeral and I was appalled when I saw them. It was supposed to be a pink and white sympathy arrangement with pink and white ribbon as she passed from cancer. No ribbons and white and pink carnations only. No roses and I paid $127.00. I was so embarrassed and when I emailed to complain they had the nerve to ask me to send a picture. Are you serious you expect me to take a picture during a wake. Horrible customer service. Wish I saw these reviews first. I plan on trashing them on a daily basis and make sure everyone is aware they will rip you off and not bat and eye

• Rane Camden

I purchased a $115.99 “premium” Roses and Carnation mixed bouquet with the 45% off discount. I
    live in Arizona and my 73 year old mother lives in Marysville, CA. My mother
    was moved to a rehab ctr the same day I purchased the flowers and was heavily
    medicated. I did not receive the attached picture of the flowers until 48 hrs
    later. The most I would have spent on this bouquet w/o a discount would have
    been $40-50. The flowers I ordered is the one in the background w/4 roses, 2
    carnations and I don’t know what the other 3 flowers are, but most certainly is
    not worth $115.99. And the little card was $3.99, the type other florists throw
    in for free. Chris the owner said I had 24 hours to report if there was a
    problem and offered me a $20 credit. All I can say is DO NOT order from this
    shady business.https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/556f54e4f6f6e168d25287fa4e9ad6ab13bb4648587ba17fdd73b20f4195229a.jpg

• Stan Czajkowski

I ordered flowers for a friend of mine who died. While the flowers were delivered and were acceptable I found another problem. My charge card information was used to make an unauthorized purchase on the same day. I contacted Avas about the problem so that it would not happen to others. Avas instructed me to send them a copy of my charge card statement. Apparently it was my responsibility to correct their dishonest system. Next iMessage I will use ProFlowers.

• marcia d

I ordered a 60.00 bouquet 12-16-16 for anniversary. Recieved only 2 roses and 2 carnartions in small vase! It was supposed to be a large Christmas arrangement. then charged me for a greeting card I did not ordet $65.99. They lied, said they were a local florist. I hate being ripped off! Fight back! This company is a disgrace to other florist. Scamming ring! Do not buy from them.